• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

I really appreciate all the supporters. Just know that if you dont see yourself on the support list it means i'm not home to update it. However, it is fully updated now! Let's reach 100 shall we?

Hmmmm indeed they have and even my backups dont seem to be working... cant find it on wonder festival's site also.

But anyway..... just to get some speculation going... someone on 4chan is claiming KOS-MOS and Xenosaga HD will be revealed at the Game awards

They also specifically mention that they know of two characters in the next pass but dont know who they are... just being worked on. Honestly, it could be fake but also a very possible scenario. Two seems very specific to mention. Sounds a bit like cat leak if you ask me.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/485133047

As always.... take it with a grain of salt!
Give me my glasses...

Hmm...existing leak to piggyback off speculation. No one apparently took this into much consideration. So I'll just wait for the next fake leak to surprise me or two.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Eh seems like this person is just piggybacking off the Drunken Cat who may or may not be legit themselves, but I will say they have some courage to say KOS-MOS will be revealed at the VGA alongside Xenosaga HD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh seems like this person is just piggybacking off the Drunken Cat who may or may not be legit themselves, but I will say they have some courage to say KOS-MOS will be revealed at the VGA alongside Xenosaga HD.
I doubt about a Game Awards reveal.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That drunken cat post references the development of two characters and this odd, unnecessary detail is weirdly common around valid leakers. Ryu and Reimu also have some leaks that look more legitimate than the other leaks, Reimu especially.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Generally, I'd say that IF we're assuming KOS-MOS' Smash debut is tied with the announcement of a Xenosaga re-release however that comes about, She'd have to be in a more general forum than a Smash Direct, since they logically aught not announce a non smash game in a smash direct. Ergo, the game awards or a general Nintendo direct would be the best bets for her announcement, should she be announced.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
While I dont believe this leak.... we can look at it differently. What if Xenosaga HD is revealed first.... I mean the person says KOS-MOS is planned to be at the game awards and if Xenosaga HD was revealed first it would make much more sense.

D

Deleted member

So KOS-MOS is a character that’s in my barrel of ones to keep an eye on for who Challenger Pack 5 might be. But the only game she’s in that I’ve played is Xenoblade 2 (and I have yet to awaken her) so allow me to ask, what does KOS-MOS have in her ability catalog?

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So KOS-MOS is a character that’s in my barrel of ones to keep an eye on for who Challenger Pack 5 might be. But the only game she’s in that I’ve played is Xenoblade 2 (and I have yet to awaken her) so allow me to ask, what does KOS-MOS have in her ability catalog?
At a basic level, let's just say that her tool-kit allows her to be a brawler, zoner, and sword-fighter all at once. She's sorta like Dante and Mega Man rolled into one, with Morrigan's destructive capabilities and then some. You can peer back in previous pages for some vid demonstrations of what she can do when creative liberties are allowed to take the character to her absolute potential.

D

Deleted member

At a basic level, let's just say that her tool-kit allows her to be a brawler, zoner, and sword-fighter all at once. She's sorta like Dante and Mega Man rolled into one, with Morrigan's destructive capabilities and then some. You can peer back in previous pages for some vid demonstrations of what she can do when creative liberties are allowed to take the character to her absolute potential.
I had a feeling that the nature of Xenoblade 2's combat wouldn't allow that game to show her full potential. Sounds like I was right.

Speaking of Xenoblade, if KOS-MOS does get in, would she be considered a Xenoblade Character and have the same series symbol as Shulk? Or would she be considered a Xenosaga character with a new series symbol?

I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

Troykv

Smash Master
I had a feeling that the nature of Xenoblade 2's combat wouldn't allow that game to show her full potential. Sounds like I was right.

Speaking of Xenoblade, if KOS-MOS does get in, would she be considered a Xenoblade Character and have the same series symbol as Shulk? Or would she be considered a Xenosaga character with a new series symbol?

If Joker can get his own symbol despite technically representing Persona as a whole. I think KOS-MOS should get a Xenosaga symbol.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Joker can get his own symbol despite technically representing Persona as a whole. I think KOS-MOS should get a Xenosaga symbol.
I can think of a symbol too - the Vector Industries logo

1573692784401.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade are all distinct series.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So just something interesting for the thread.... KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 was more popular than anything else in it by a landslide. There's like NO WAY Sakurai does not know this.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
So just something interesting for the thread.... KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 was more popular than anything else in it by a landslide. There's like NO WAY Sakurai does not know this.

Releasing KOS-MOS was such a big deal despite being pretty much a hidden easter egg before the official annoucement.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Releasing KOS-MOS was such a big deal despite being pretty much a hidden easter egg before the official annoucement.
Elma has slightly more popularity than Shulk & Fiora too...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's part of why I think KOS-MOS would not be considered a Xenoblade Character.
Well yeah. Having a cameo doesn't change your home series. She's not a Xenoblade character any more than she's a Soul Calibur character.

That's generally the nature of crossovers.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Dear lord... Reminds me of the KOS-MOS mod I shared several months back. She got more likes compared to my friend's Shaggy mod (model by vaanrose) around the same time, whose popularity peaked at the time. And get this: She's one of the more popular mods he's created, so that's saying something.

In fact...

and then...

She still exceeds him in popularity. That's impressive stuff!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Allow me to say something in regards to being on the support chain for Kos-Mos...
"DON'T FORGET ME!"

Although I've yet to play the original Xenosaga games nor encountered her in Xenoblade 2 so far, feel free to add me as a supporter. I'm hoping she'll either close off Fighter Pack 5 or be post-pass, so here's hoping we see her join the battle soon!

D

Deleted member

Dear lord... Reminds me of the KOS-MOS mod I shared several months back. She got more likes compared to my friend's Shaggy mod (model by vaanrose) around the same time, whose popularity peaked at the time. And get this: She's one of the more popular mods he's created, so that's saying something.

In fact...

and then...

She still exceeds him in popularity. That's impressive stuff!
But if she actually makes it as the final Fighter, dear Lord, my prayers have been answered.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I made this a while back, but now it feels relevant to share. Anybody who wants to rock it in their sig or whatever, feel free:

KosMos.png

D

Deleted member

Um, sure. It's kind of a support thing - I mean if she makes the cut she'll have official art. But I shared it for people to do as they wish, so... ok.
It's called, not setting expectations too high. I'm just being a good fan hyping moderately. If there was a legit leak on her then I'd take it with a grain of salt, even if it was credible like either Verge or Sabi. They've made mistakes before, and for sure I'll just be careful when hyping up stuff like this.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Um, sure. It's kind of a support thing - I mean if she makes the cut she'll have official art. But I shared it for people to do as they wish, so... ok.
I totally get where they're coming from. I removed my sig a while ago since I don't have the highest hopes for anything at the moment. Until I am proven wrong, I'm kind of on the same boat. That being said, there is definitely merit in having a banner of characters one supports, so it doesn't necessarily have to mean that the character in question is "in" with the utmost confidence.

I will definitely consider adding it myself though. Care to DM a link to it?

D

Deleted member

I totally get where they're coming from. I removed my sig a while ago since I don't have the highest hopes for anything at the moment. Until I am proven wrong, I'm kind of on the same boat. That being said, there is definitely merit in having a banner of characters one supports, so it doesn't necessarily have to mean that the character in question is "in" with the utmost confidence.

More or less I'll just settle for her and let the others slide. I'll just chill around speculating and waiting for the next character, though I won't be salty over everything. Maybe I'll just chillax, up until a franchise that I like appears in the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's called, not setting expectations too high. I'm just being a good fan hyping moderately. If there was a legit leak on her then I'd take it with a grain of salt, even if it was credible like either Verge or Sabi. They've made mistakes before, and for sure I'll just be careful when hyping up stuff like this.
I think you're overthinking it. Support icons aren't meant to denote what you think will transpire as much as just... who you support. It's in the name.

Plus honestly, regardless of which character it is, or whatever art it is, I don't see what having a character in your sig will accomplish that posting frequently in their thread wouldn't anyway if you're susceptible to getting carried away. But... um... you do you I guess.

Putting this specific icon aside, shouldn't who you show support for be contingent more on who you want rather than who you expect? My sig features Isaac just because I want Isaac, not necessarily because I expect him (I don't).

Here's the link though:
https://smashboards.com/attachments/kosmos-png.246571/

I mean I've made a lot of character support banners and icons over the years, and this is the first time I've got either of these responses. It's an... interesting perspective, I'll give you that.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I made this a while back, but now it feels relevant to share. Anybody who wants to rock it in their sig or whatever, feel free:

View attachment 246571
I think I remember asking you for KOS-MOS stuff years ago. Crazy how time flies. I will definitely use this!

But if she actually makes it as the final Fighter, dear Lord, my prayers have been answered.
Final fighter? Dont forget there is more on the way and we can get her if she's not #5! That's why I think N3on has a good point that you should support her with the signature.

D

Deleted member

Final fighter? Dont forget there is more on the way and we can get her if she's not #5! That's why I think N3on has a good
I don't want to dedicate my Smash life on just supporting characters. I just want to play this favorite game of mine, that's all. I'm just here to lend my support, that is all.

I'm just pessimistic.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't have much faith in that KOS-MOS leak despite still believing that she's coming soon, but gah damn would Xenosaga HD Trilogy make me happy as a pig in ****.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Putting this specific icon aside, shouldn't who you show support for be contingent more on who you want rather than who you expect? My sig features Isaac just because I want Isaac, not necessarily because I expect him (I don't).

Here's the link though:
https://smashboards.com/attachments/kosmos-png.246571/

I mean I've made a lot of character support banners and icons over the years, and this is the first time I've got either of these responses. It's an... interesting perspective, I'll give you that.
Thank you very much, N3ON~ I shall wear the sig like a badge ^^

Where'd you get that sick render of her?
It's actually a scale figure of her. A Garage Kit, to be more specific. The lighting just makes her look kinda render-ish.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
You know if KOS-MOS makes it in she will get an Amiibo. I know Amiibos aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I do collect them and I'll gladly pre-order KOS-MOS's.

D

Deleted member

Here ya go!
https://otakumode.com/shop/54f672f1...Xenosaga-Episode-III-KOS-MOS-Ver-4-Garage-Kit
For the record, Garage Kits are notorious for a few reasons:
- You need expert knowledge for painting and assembly. These come in parts.
- They are extremely expensive and in very low quantities, only available once and never again.
- They are inferior to the originals since the first model is sculpted while the mass-produced copies are plastic.
Hmm. N3ON N3ON can you post the full render you have of KOS-MOS? I don't got a way of making this work like yours did.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

That’s exactly why I know the Rex costume means she’s guaranteed fighter #5. Why is everyone is ignoring the ****ing costume when it has so many implications for being the only costume with a sappy narrative and is a part of the fighter’s pass?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s exactly why I know the Rex costume means she’s guaranteed fighter #5. Why is everyone is ignoring the ****ing costume when it has so many implications for being the only costume with a sappy narrative and is a part of the fighter’s pass?
I do believe FP5 is a Xeno series character for sure, but nobody from 2. It COULD also be Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but i'd think Elma is best fit for post pass.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hmm. N3ON N3ON can you post the full render you have of KOS-MOS? I don't got a way of making this work like yours did.
I’m not at my computer right now but iirc all I did was find the largest resolution/least obscured pic of that figure, make the background transparent, and probably tweak the colours and lighting a bit. Nothing special.

The rest of the render won’t look at clean since I only focused on the part that would be seen.

The only implication is that Sakurai couldn’t get Rex playable due to timing but recognized his demand so leveraged the character as incentive to pick up the pass.

Anything past that and you’re reading into it too much.

Top Bottom