• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Presents: 100% POSITIVE!!! TOURNEY: Teen Center at 9/2/05 in WEST NEWTON, MA

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i knew it the kid jinx won! :O boston kids just too good.... good **** unknown for reppin RI :D too bad u didnt get first. i wus hoping :p

Yiffer_fox

Smash Rookie
there seems to be so much talen in this area, any of you interested in just meeting up and playing smash some time even if there is no tournament? I would love to play smash with you all!

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
i'll wait for the next one, and OWmage, i'll money match you the next one...seeing as how you had a tough time beating ultimateroy. :)

o well, i hope i'll go to the next one, show off my fox lol

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
What a tourney! It was so great. We are definately doing this again. Thank you all for showing up, and the people over 18 are not allowed rule is rlly bad. My sincere apoligies to those who had to leave because of that. We'll do a smashfest to relieve of that pain.

To be fair, here is the OFFICIAL list of the brackets:

LAST:
Justin
Kireon
Corey
Ark

8th:
Bose
Phil
Nick
**** Tom
Kenny
Wong

7th: UltimateRoy
Omega Black Mage
Jsmooth

6th: Omega White Mage
KoreanDJ
Hunter

5th:
Zoso

4th:
Yo-Yo

3rd: Bob BANG!!!!!

2nd: Unknown Force

1st: Jinx

Congradulations to all that have participated in the tourney.

Now for Shout outs:

Nick: Good match man. Keep playing more often and soon you'll get much better.

**** Tom: Nice battle man. Just keep practicing man, and make sure you get your revenge from the Link players who play Rhode Island Style (spamming UP+B moves). Practice your Chain grabs against Falco, and your good to go.

Kenny: Didn't get to play you, but it was nice that you tagged along with us to Wendy's. We'll play eventually in the next tourney.

Wong: Your peach is getting good man. Just make sure you can train your Peach to be the anti-Samus, and your also set. Also practice your chain throws against Falco. Other than that, good friendlies, and hope things turn out better in the next tourney.

UltimateRoy: YO! WE ARE THE RED AND BLUE SAGES AGAINST THE BLACK AND WHITE MAGES! Your Marth is getting good. Better than my Marth lol. Just try harder in the next tourney and you'll do rlly well in the next one. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to verse against me in the next tourney.

Omega Black Mage: Your GAW is the best GAW I ever versed against. Rlly good stuff right there. You got my Fox pretty well. Your right, I should stick with Falco more often. Good stuff, and we'll verse eachother again next tourney.

Omega White Mage: The Mages vs. the Sages match was rlly nice, but we have to settle the score in the next tourney. So far, it's 1-1, and we'll decide the breaking score next time. Nice Marth as well.

Green Hunter: Your Samus is niiice. You could be the next "White Wes". Next time, I want to friendly you.

Zoso: Your Bowser is niiiiice man. We never did get to do the Bowser Ditto....hope I don't lose THAT bad lol.

Yo-Yo: Your Zelda is too good man. You got me nervous when I was playing Fox. Nice stuff man. You should definately use your Zelda more. It's very unique stuff.

Bob BANG!!!: Your improving more than I am with my Captain Falcon. I'll just stick with my other characters for a while before I get back with CF. Good stuff. Congrats on 3rd! Maybe you can treat us to Wendy's with your prize money.

Unknown Force: Thank you so much for helping me organize this, as well as others who has helped us move along in the tourney smoother. We definately need more friendlies later on, and maybe you won't be as Unknown as I thought you were lol. Congrats on 2nd place!

Jinx: Your Falco is too good. So is your Samus. I guess playing against Wes helps quite a lot doesn't it lol. Congrats on First! Thx for supporting my Wendy's, BUT YOU STOLE MY JR BACON CHEESBURGER!!!!! WHYYYY?!?!?!?!
Nonetheless, nice friendlies, and you are definately getting better.

To everyone else that I didn't mention, I wish to verse you in friendlies and thank you all for coming down to the tournament, and yet again, I would like to address my apoligies to those who had to leave in the beginning. I will try to organize something for you guys as well.

I will try to get another tourney on 8/6/05 at the same place at 6 PM. I will post more about it later on. I will try to host a tourney every other Friday and see if it works. It'll be some good stuff.

P.S. Don't write the brackets on the $1000 Movie projector screen with an orange Permenant marker again. That would be cool if that didn't happen again lol.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's nice to not have to pay two-hundred dollars for the prospect of a decent tournament. Anybody else in favor of using advanced slob picks next time? Just an idea...

Jinx: What can I say? Where would the East Coast be without players like you and Bob? I'm sorry I didn't get to play you this time, but you'd have crushed me anyway. I think Sarath says it best: "Kid's too good."

Bob: I figured you must still have a good Marth. Man, I hate it when I'm right...

OmegaBlackMage: You're the closest I've got to an archrival. I hope we can play again some time soon, preferably when we're both on top of our game. I'd forgotten what a pain in the *** Game & Watch can be.

KoreanDJ: Thanks for hosting the tournament! I look forward to many more. What do you say to a signed dollar match next time we meet?

Yo-Yo: Not too bad. Keep working on that Falco.

UnknownForce: First time I've ever had to play you in a tournament as far as I can remember. I'd like another shot at that Ganondorf, but you never use anything higher than Pikachu in friendlies, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next tournament. Congratulations on second.

ZoSo: Well, you're no DarknessOfHeart, but you've got a solid Zelda. Keep practicing.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Unknownforce is 2 good. =O Those Mages 2 & that Samus... =O

DJ - I was hungry. =P Also, 2 burgers is enough for 1 person. =P

On a side note: next time, if you're over 18, DON'T SAY ANYTHING. =P

KrazyJones

Smash Journeyman
seem like a kewl tournament

goood Joob guys!

Congrate to the champ you guys really a threat to the turtles :(

anyway i wish i was there :ohwell:

maybe next time ill go and get spank by everybody.

Next time guys next time

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Is there anything higher than first? Cause I'm pretty sure that's where Savath would have placed if he'd been there... :ohwell:

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Ouch the turtles will not be happy with me for losing lol but what can I say Jinx and Bob are very good and I should have thought out some deep strategies before the finals heh but oh well I was still happy to win some money.

I actually came very close to getting kicked out haha lucky I look young for my age or I would have been booted for being over 18 (I'm not much older but yeah I would have not passed). I told the other guys to pretend they were 18 cause they didn't look old either but they had already told so we lost 8 people.. Doh! Next time we will have to plan ahead. Dj just warn everyone in advance to say they are 18 rofl and we should be all set (plus its a stupid rule anyway.. wouldn't they want parents to protect their children and not get booted out?)

Some shoutouts.
Jinx-Good matches my friend. I didn't realize your Fox had gotten so good lol I thought for sure I would be duking it out with Falco seeing as you'd expect me to anticipate Sheik but you surprised me hehe well done you certainly deserved 1st place.

Bob-Also good matches. I strongly dislike fighting fellow crew members but it was good to know that either way you would be winning money. Part of the money you were long ago due for beating Wes lol next gauntlet you will get your revenge and place first =P

Mages and crew-You guys are getting good! Vast improvements from the RI Smashfest and cool guys. Blackmage I appreciated the help with the brackets and your friend Kyle (I dunno what name he used for the tournament) helping out as well plus you guys were very nice. Whitemage I also think your a cool guy now you were much nicer this tournament and even though we didn't play you were very polite and nice. Greenhunter very nice Samus keep training and you will soon be Wes's big brother lol.

Wong-We didn't get to play either but at least we had a few team matches. I know you were also taken by surprise with GreenHunter but you still did well. Next time you will place higher I'm pretty sure.

KoreanDJ-Thanks for running the tournament lol next time I will bring my laptop and we shall have tournament maker there to lend a hand and make things much easier. I was glad I was able to help you out though heh I guess all the assistance I've been giving in past tournaments was able to allow me to lend you a hand effectively.

Zoso-You do realize you can ask me and I'll use a higher tier right? Its not that I'm trying to insult you by using Pikachu and low tiers, I'm simply using a low tier character like you are. I notice you take offense to quite a bit of nonverbal messages that might not be intended and I might have offended you by using the low tiers vs your Zelda, but I'm not sure why you feel this way. It's not like my low tiers are crap or anything my Pikachu and Ness almost won FC3 low tiers after all.

Yoyo-Like Neo I still believe your Falco has deadly potential. You can certainly keep Mario too of course having two mains is clearly not a problem. Good sport and great guy as always.

Tom-Only played you in teams but you seemed to have improved quite a bit. Where the heck was that Burger King lol neither of us could find it and there were no Wendy's to be found before we had to go seperate ways. Oh well..

Everyone else there was cool too so I found this an excellent tournament and a nice change from a lot of the crap I saw at FC-3. Good to know most players still prefer to play fairly rather than attempting to win with any means necessary. Makes the game so much more enjoyable when the players act like they did in this small tournament.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
unknownforce said:
Zoso-You do realize you can ask me and I'll use a higher tier right? Its not that I'm trying to insult you by using Pikachu and low tiers, I'm simply using a low tier character like you are. I notice you take offense to quite a bit of nonverbal messages that might not be intended and I might have offended you by using the low tiers vs your Zelda, but I'm not sure why you feel this way. It's not like my low tiers are crap or anything my Pikachu and Ness almost won FC3 low tiers after all.
I seem to remember a match in which you were using Falco because you didn't realize you'd be facing my Zelda. I insisted that I didn't mind if you used Falco, but you refused to continue, restarting the match and saying that it would be "totally unfair." This is beside the point, however, because I don't feel I should have to specifically ask you to use a higher tier.

What really perplexes me, though, is the fact that you won't use a high tier against my Zelda, but you have no problem using Game & Watch against my Falcon. Seems a little hypocritical from where I'm standing (though not surprising, since Lowell tells me you've been doing the same thing to him since he started using Bowser). You've even admitted that my Zelda is unusually good, but when you're forced to play her, who do you use? Roy. Ness. Kirby. Young Link. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm offended by your use of low tiers. I'd just rather face characters who I actually have trouble with (i.e. Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth). I guess I can understand wanting to level the playing field by using a low tier against a low tier, but let's be honest with ourselves. People aren't going to be so gracious in tournament play. You're not doing me any favors.

Could it be that you constantly feel the need to prove that you're better than me by sandbagging, using low tiers against my upper tiers, and challenging me to the occasional Zelda ditto, despite having explained how much you hate said matchup? I should also add that you usually don't lay off the dittos until you've beaten me once. Or maybe you can't face the possibility of losing to Zelda with any of your primary characters? Since we're friends, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not that petty.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but this has been bothering me for quite a while. Hopefully we'll better understand one another from now on.

piismyname

Smash Rookie
I was one of the original two 'old' guys to get booted. As much as it sucked for us, we understood that the people running the center could seriously f**** for letting us stay. I was quite amused when someone looked at me and my buddy like we were from another planet and said "I can't wait to see what *those* guys can do". I'm still not sure if that was an insult or a compliment. Hopefully there will be an all ages tourney in the area soon.

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
That whole age thing was awkward, though it is a Youth Center. It kinda sucked that the tourney lost that many people because of that. If it were to come up as a possibility, I'm sure KoreanDJ would host a tourney where all ages could play. I don't mean to quote, but I'm pretty sure DJ mentioned something about it as well.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I have a minor crisis for the next tourney.

The original date, which was 8/5/05, has to be postponed because there is a summer camp which is taking the facilities at that time.

So here's the deal...do people want this EARLIER at this FRIDAY 7/29/05, or do people want this LATER at three Friday's from now at 8/12/05? I prefer if it's earlier because as they always say "The sooner the tourney, the sooner I win/lose money."

So let's have a majority vote. I need the consensus ASAP.

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
White Mage and I would probably be able to come together. We'd probably be missing Black Mage unless he could get it out of work early again, which doesn't sound probable from my perspective. He had enough trouble getting to this last one.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Earlier sounds good to me. I don't think it really matters to the better two thirds of the RI Smash community, but maybe there's some kind of previous engagement that I wasn't aware of.

EDIT: I've just remembered that MLG Philly is this weekend. UnknownForce, Jinx, and Bob might all be going to that, and Hayato has work on Friday.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Btw, DJ lied... The Wendy's was about 10 mins away from the place.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Here's an idea. Do we have the resources to hold a tournament on both 7/29 and 8/12? Two tournaments are better than one.

eyevore

Smash Rookie
this is corey from the tourny...i didnt do to good as you could see, but i had a lot of fun playin with everyone and it was a good experience (1st tourny)...

zoso - i faced u first wit link, u whooped me pretty dam good wit falcon

yo-yo - i didnt get to play you, but i LOVED your bowser, represetin RI too

im sorry i dont kno the name, but who ever was playin game n watch i was IMPRESSED, you were kickin some ***, and i love to see game n watch used

jinx - nice job winnin the tourny man

ZoSo

Smash Champion
eyevore said:
im sorry i dont kno the name, but who ever was playin game n watch i was IMPRESSED, you were kickin some ***, and i love to see game n watch used
What? How could you forget the OmegaBlackMage?!

Yiffer_fox

Smash Rookie
Earlier would be cool, but me and my bro at least are open for any date :) is there any other place in the boston area where a tournament could be helt that would be open to all ages? if you find any and need help setting up I could get there early and help so long as I can get to it on the T

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Earlier seems do-able. I'm going to need to check into my availability but I don't want to miss it. Hunter and I should be making the trip. So if i'm there....$$ matches anyone?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Well Zoso to answer your obviously insulting remarks, I don't mind handicapping myself with low tiers from time to time against higher tiers because I enjoy the challenge, and I would certainly not keep myself from using a high tier against your Zelda although I don't know why you feel asking is unnecessary.. How else was I to know it offended you so? If you really want me to use high tiers then fine, but honestly I don't feel right fighting a Zelda with someone tougher than mid tier. It's nothing personal, I do the same for everyone unless they ask to fight a high tier, no matter how good that person is with the low tier. I even didn't use higher than Pikachu against Mofos Ness, although I'd have used any character had he asked. Lowell is of course more reasonable than you tend to be although I suppose he might feel the same way and as I said I'll use any character against his Bowser too (and I used Peach and Gannon when he asked me to, simple enough). I would feel no shame in losing to it since its beaten many good players high tiers, but I'd rather train in real matches seeing as I doubt Lowell will use Bowser in a serious tournament match and thus we are simply having fun.

I don't intentionally sandbag against you, I just tend to play at the level of my opponent overtime and besides I prefer to have fun in friendlies (thats why they're called "friendly" not "try your hardest"). It happens to everyone. I never said I hated Zelda dittos, I said I found them slightly boring, but nonetheless I enjoy them more then I do most of the matches vs Zelda (who I find a boring opponent honestly).

I have my own qualms about your behavior, but I won't bring them up on a public board. I didn't realize you considered me a friend. I always figured we were simply on friendly terms. Anyway if you wish to continue this further message me on AIM as this is not the right place to discuss this.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Holding two tournaments is actually what I am planning to do.

So expect a tourney on BOTH 7/29/05 AND 8/12/05. I will explain further rules later on. Things will be a little differently.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
o and koreandj, you should start a new thread, cuz the date of the tourney is out dated.....

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Koreandj111 said:
P.S. Don't write the brackets on the $1000 Movie projector screen with an orange Permenant marker again. That would be cool if that didn't happen again lol.
Haha! My friend saw you guys doing that and freaked out, but I told him it was probably a whiteboard... guess I was wrong. :laugh:

As for the two upcoming tournies, I'll try to make it to at least one. I've been practicing doing pillars with Falco (something I'd overlooked for quite a while, thanks for reminding me about it BlackMage) and I think I might actually be able to put it to use this time.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
7/29 eh? Yikes just around the corner. I should be able to make it though. Just be sure to warn everyone in advance about the age thing and tell people over 18 to say that they are 18 or that they will be kicked otherwise. Try to tell as many players as you can about this too the more players the better! If I can make it I will bring my laptop and tournament maker too (should come in handy).

Oh and I will be accepting money matches. Any takers?

Yiffer_fox

Smash Rookie
I wish we (me and my bro) could make it to the smash fest, but we will not be able to because of work :( however, we do hope to make the tournaments on the 29th and the 12th :) have you been able to find another place for it besides the youth center by any chance?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
EMERGENCY NOTICE:
SMASHFEST CANCELLED AT MY HOUSE ON TUESDAY.

In other news, I'm trying to find a place that is of all ages, but this tourney on Friday is going to be taking place in the Teen Center for now. Just give me some time in the future to plan things out.

ZeroX131

Smash Rookie
I'd probably be able to go to both of the tournaments (only 30 mins away, yay!), but I've never been to a Smash tourney before, so I'm wondering: When will it probably get out?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Did a quick update of the first page. I just changed some of the prize money because I need some of the money to use it to let me host other tournaments in the future.

Also...I would like to emphasise this a LOT:

BRING A TV AND A GAMECUBE IF YOU CAN. IT CAN MAKE THE TOURNAMENT MUCH SMOOTHER AND MORE TIME FOR FRIENDLIES AND MONEY MATCHES!!

Also as a reminder to those who are over 18:
Just say that you are 18 years old and graduated high school if any staff people ask you. If you say your over that age, you have to leave.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unknown I'll accept ur challenge. 3/5 random stages? Only $5 though. I don't mind losing a little money to a d@mn good player. And ill try to bring my computer so hopefully one way or another we can have the tourney maker. I'll help any I can with brackets and such as well. Just ask.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I would also emphasise that the TIME HAS CHANGED FROM 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Take note of that. Also, the Teen Center doesn't open until 4:00 PM, so unless you guys go through the secret back door which your not supposed to (Unknown Force... Yo-Yo... Zoso...), the door will be locked, so come at the earliest at 4:30. I'll try to set up around that time, but if I don't show up, don't panic.

Again, my "temporary" cell phone number is 617-407-7176, but ONLY call me in the day of the tourney, because this rlly isn't my cell phone.

Any questions, IM me at KoreanDJ111, and I'll answer your questions there.

roymaster2

Smash Journeyman
you forgot to change the date on the page where it explains everything....the first post

Top Bottom