• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kone and the Newcastle Crew Present: SCT4 April 29th/30th. ALL WELCOME ^_^

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
ok people when i get home from work 2day i am purchasing a plane ticket. Since it seems Jam is rather busy and London is as well Im gonna book the latest flight leavin on Friday From London to NewCastle and I will see people When I get there. the prices have risen incredibly and I must act ASAP. sooooo thats the currect situation. If anybody has any questions for Comp...let me know.

PS....has anybody seen Doug?
psssss.....I NEED A TEAMMATE!!!!

Kone

Smash Master
Doug hasnt been online much due to the new gf and i think he has problems connecting to smashboards. illg et him checkign this thread out on msn

I thought youd booked to newcastle comp x_x now i understand why youve been hassling me. i was under the assumption jam and geoff were sorting it out with you =_=. in the end of the dday ive no idea bout london etc

Just book your tickets comp n let me know. ill then get jam to get same flights as you as he isnt normally under limitations money wise and basically will be getting the same flight anyway (he got late flight alst time etc) just post your tickets here and ill get him to check it n meet ya and stuff. r u sorted staying with geoff tho? i think he was tryign to sort out lifts to the airprt for ya with geoff.

Basically, ill try my hardest to remedy the curent situation tonight comp with geoff n jam.

- - -
That goes to everyone, ticekts r rising so get booked up !

- - -

Comp: can you get me a small i love ny tshirt ^^ ill give u v cash man

ant-d

Smash Lord
Enycecricket said:
ok people when i get home from work 2day i am purchasing a plane ticket. Since it seems Jam is rather busy and London is as well Im gonna book the latest flight leavin on Friday From London to NewCastle and I will see people When I get there. the prices have risen incredibly and I must act ASAP. sooooo thats the currect situation. If anybody has any questions for Comp...let me know.

PS....has anybody seen Doug?
psssss.....I NEED A TEAMMATE!!!!
Will you be needing to stay at my place?

I've booked my ticket already so it'll have to fit in with that time.

Oh, btw i spoke to Doug a few days ago, he was on his way to X-TC3

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
Kone said:
No problem Clim! I just get quite alot of people adding me so its nice to know who you are when you are online ; )

Anytime friday mate! basically, let me know when your arriving by train/bus/plane and ill come and pick you up. Simple as that :D
Cool, I'm like 99.9% confirmed lol...and will there be any entry fee's?

I hope this is good, I had to sacrifice a trip to Thorpe Park with my friends :cry:

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Yaright? Me and maybe a friend are interested in coming to this, if it's okay with you Kone i'll add you to MSN so you can fill me in on the details.

Grayfox: £10 MM, best of 5, all Samus dittos? (I'm not trying to sound cocky, I'm just interested to see how good the 'Best Samus in Europe' is, and I reckon this is the best way to find out.)

grayfox

Smash Champion
It certainly is, i love mms for the fact it pushes people to play their best with no excuses if they lose (the moneys alright too). Don't worry bout sounding cocky though - it comes as part of playing Samus.

Kone

Smash Master
Reacher, sounds awesome. Happy to find that theres more players out there. The English Community seems to be exploding right now : )

Have you added me to msn? ceddon@hotmail.com say hi when ur about to let me know who u r. my smash list is getting mental right now ^^

I can't wait for this ^^

Scotland r going down !!!!!!!!!

x x x

ryan : samus ditto mm tenna

lv u ryan

lv u ry

Smashbros

Smash Journeyman
i think you're all mad mming ryan in samus dittos, try playing allan first see how that goes rofl.

G28 is too good, he's going to **** this.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
I got a friend that's really interested in coming, hopefully he can make it...our Shiek and Marth combo should be deadly. We gonna have to rehearse some strats.

BTW, who's the best Scottish player? Who's the best English player?

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
imoneofthem said:
I've booked my ticket:
For people that are going newcastle from london, try to book this ticket (i've booked the same one)

LONDONERS ---- National Express
http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=51379713

Friday 28th April 9:30 - 17:15
Monday 1st May 7:25 - 14:50

I'll make sure it's a fun 7 hours ^_^
Lol, you got a DS? Cause I'm most likely gonna be joining you. What are your plans on arrival though? Who's picking you up? Because maybe Kone can give us both a ride from the Newcastle Upon Tyne station. Kone?

Kone

Smash Master
As ive repeated several times ; just give me your arrival times and i shall ensure myself or one of my mates picks you up from your station.

When it gets nearer to the tournament ill start compiling a list of everyones times and who'll be picking u guys up : ) as in ive got several friends that drive n r willing to help out.

Illa lso be dishing out mobile numbers nearer the time incase u guys r delayed r arriving earlier : D

Even if you aren't picked up via car (depending on times it takes too long driving to town) ill tell you to ge tthe metro. its a piece of piss n takes 10 minutes.

AS I say, ill have a list up soon once people start posting their times ^^

Also, i live bang in the middle of newcastle. literally a 10 minutes from train/metro stations. So its all easy business from when you guys get here.

x

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Well....all i have to say is to read my previous posts. I want more people to travel with us so we could use up the time well.

Yeh, I have a Nintendo DS and a PSP and i'll be bringing them with me ^^.
What are you waiting for dude, book your ticket before the price rises :p.

Oh yeh, regarding the MM's...I've forgotten who i'm doing mm's with lol but whoever posted asking for a team battle against me and my brother, it's not going to happen. Sadly my brother can't come because he needs to prepare for his gcse's :(....and everyone wants him to come.

I guess i'll be needing a team partner too :p anyone want to pair up with me?

So now there are (hopefully) 4 of us going on the coach to newcastle woohoooo, and counting!
For anyone who does not have a clue about coaches, costs, etc and if you're close to London read my posts here! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=66754&page=19&pp=15

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've booked my coach ticket (funfare), my arrival times are exactly the same as imoneofthem...so it's:

Friday 28th April 9:30 - 17:15
Monday 1st May 7:25 - 14:50

So then, I look forward to meeting you guys in two weeks :)

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
That's great to hear :D now there are 5 people going on the coach.

By the way I just checked the costs for travelling from London to Newcastle by plane....I'd say the minimum price is £60 for a return ticket. The flights last 1 hour each but it is very expensive. I would still advise people taking the coach with us because it's around HALF the price of a plane ticket which is very good.

In general, order your tickets NOW! train, coach, plane, UFO, whatever. Prices are rising a lot and I've just noticed that the coach ticket has gone up by £5.50

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Ok i'm heading up to my dads today which is in sheffield, i probably won't have access to the internet for a while but i'll see if i can find a computer cafe or something.
Like i said before i'll attend on the 29th but not the 30th which i presume is tourny day.

BTW my dads giving me a lift there but i need to know where 'there' is :) see you all in a week or so.

Foxy_Sharpy

Smash Cadet
Hey ho, Jam, Geoff, Comp, Craig ill be driving you boys down once i have picked u up from Reading though i dont know whats happening with you Comp!? Give me an msn dude (Obviously dont actually GIVE ME MSN otherwise Bill Gates will be hunting your *** down) Ha....Craig man if you aint got a partner ill do you and you knows it!!! Two birds kicking *** errrrr or not..Scott man surely your not serious about Comp getting you a **** off burger cause whats the point in eating if you dont keep the food down BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP ha.

Kone

Smash Master
* I belive comp is staying with geoff? so will make his way with geoff and presume craig to reading like last time.

* Tournament day will be th saturday, ive currently only go a hall for one day. Trying for two.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Kone said:
* I belive comp is staying with geoff? so will make his way with geoff and presume craig to reading like last time.

* Tournament day will be th saturday, ive currently only go a hall for one day. Trying for two.
YES!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL; but seriously i'm going on holiday soon enough and prolly won't post again till next week; bye for real everyone ^_^

ant-d

Smash Lord
Kone said:

At the moment Comp is staying with me.

Charles MUST go

Kone

Smash Master
We need him for team england awell : / . Man, his gcses r miles away!!! gary get him to come lol

I might get some shirts for team england lol

Possible Turnout :

SCOTLAND
------------
*Perth Crew = Euan/Craig/Ryan/Greig/Allan/Sean
*Glasgow Adam
*Qwester
*Quickman Zero

ENGLAND
-----------
NORTH EAST =
*Newcastle crew = Ed/Stevie/Stu/Rich/Addy

NORTH WEST =
*The Doug
*Bloodbowler and friend
*Reacher and friend
*Manchester guy and friend

SOUTH/LONDON =
*SoS
*Senphet
*Jam
*AntD
*Gary 'Killer' Kimmelman
*Climhazardous and friend
*JazzyGeoff
*Spkz and Paul
*Tone and friends ?!?!
*Jose Miguel

SOUTH WEST =
*Taunton/Yeovil Crew = Caleb/Jake/Twig
*Sharpy

OTHERS =
*Comp (US)
*Shoe (Holland)
*Yuna (Sweden)

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Reacher said:
Yaright? Me and maybe a friend are interested in coming to this, if it's okay with you Kone i'll add you to MSN so you can fill me in on the details.

Grayfox: £10 MM, best of 5, all Samus dittos? (I'm not trying to sound cocky, I'm just interested to see how good the 'Best Samus in Europe' is, and I reckon this is the best way to find out.)
Il MM you! im like second best samus player in the UK since there arent any others lol.

i think i have MMs with the following people:

Adam es Maximus £5
Imoneofthem £5
Yuna £5
Kone £10
Quickman if he accepts £?
Scot £5

if iv made a mistake or you want to challenge me please add me on msn or just ask me here ac_annon@hotmail.com

Kone

Smash Master
Allan : me and jake play samus : ) time u proved your second best instead of taken it by default ; )

The_Doug

Smash Ace
99% confirming my attendance. Only thing that would hold me back is if I get thrown a 'surprise' birthday party.

I'm not a big poster on these boards so generally miss a lot of stuff; if anyone is around Blackpool and wants to smash sometime, I can drive, let me know! Just had a last minute and sweet tourney in the Netherlands but am always looking for someone to smash against on the weekends. Think I've improved my Peach a lot given close games against Nihonjin, Remen, Helios, and other top european players. Even though CJ continues to 2-stock me on neutral stages, meh.

Comp what's the deal yo. Get ahold of me online sometime. Yea and lets team cause if Helios won't make it, we will effin' rock. And lets have it with some Peach dittos too; I still suck at those.

Kone any chance to add in MLG's new rule about playing someone twice in the same tourney? I think it's something to seriously consider because the loser bracket is so much more important than winners in a double elim format.

12. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Pro Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. The loser of the first series will choose the stage for the first game and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.
Anyone who wants to money match at the tourney or free play just ask! Will usually only play top tier (I consider Peach and Falco top tier in PAL), unless some random character takes my fancy for the day, hehe.

Kone

Smash Master
* RE: MLG rule. If my understanding is correct i think the rule is brilliant. Def will be adding it when i edit my first post with official rules and venue locality. I may need it explaining in mor edepth tho =p

*Anyone else want Team england shirts lol?! probs be like a fiver each

*doug mm, best of three neutrals = ps/dreamland/fd. first match poke. tenna.

^_^

grayfox

Smash Champion
I want a team England shirt for the novelty alone. That list is pretty surprising = /
I knew a lot of English were interested but thats really a **** load. Also ain't Adam on you guys team?

Yeah this Charles guy needs to show. I've got final final school exams in 3 weeks and i've pretty much quit the game and i'm coming lol, no Johns! Really gsces aren't that hard/important anyways so a weekend out for a trip of a lifetime won't do much harm. This could very well be the last UK tourney.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Hey The Doug? I'm from Lancaster, a complete amateur at the game and hoping to get my skills up. If you wanna smash anytime let me know, the train to Blackpool is like £10 so I can travel to you if needsbe. I play Falco although I want to play CF.

Also, if possible can I mooch a ride from you from Blackpool to the Newcastle tourney please?

The tournament looks to be super sweet! Can't wait till it happens, it's gonna rule.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Kone said:
Allan : me and jake play samus : ) time u proved your second best instead of taken it by default ; )
Hehe I love default, only reason I never failed maths earlier, ok gotta play for honour, just out of curiousity what colour samus do you and Jake use?

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Kone said:
* RE: MLG rule. If my understanding is correct i think the rule is brilliant. Def will be adding it when i edit my first post with official rules and venue locality. I may need it explaining in mor edepth tho =p

*Anyone else want Team england shirts lol?! probs be like a fiver each

*doug mm, best of three neutrals = ps/dreamland/fd. first match poke. tenna.

^_^
Nice. I'll provide an example if needs be.

Yes, I want a shirt.

Ok. Can I switch characters if I win on poke?

bloodbowler said:
Hey The Doug? I'm from Lancaster, a complete amateur at the game and hoping to get my skills up. If you wanna smash anytime let me know, the train to Blackpool is like £10 so I can travel to you if needsbe. I play Falco although I want to play CF.

Also, if possible can I mooch a ride from you from Blackpool to the Newcastle tourney please?
Sup mate. How's this Saturday? If you can get the train to Blackpool North; I'll pick you up. However hit me up online asap; as I've had an offer from the Mafia to smash with them also. (IM details should be around the Wario avatar)

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
can we form like a crew called "every otha country" where random people such as myself form a crew and just pillage and plunder england scotland and so forth?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I have..moderately good news.

I should be going to this tourney.Theres still no guarantee but its swaying more towards yes than no.
I'll be travelling with the mafia so no worries there.

I play Falcon,so any decent Falcons want a ditto?I'd love to.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah scotland need to step it up mangz

Comp: nah , therell be draft crews r some sort of crew tournament aswell. Foreign crew always tarnish the england v scotland match. england v scotland is like EAST V WEST. Its liek big stuff man ; )

Top Bottom