• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

Stryks

Smash Hero
I don't know, with today's mention, I think Knuckles has a decent chance at being playable. Here are some decent reasons:

1. Sakurai did say that they're would be more 3rd parties
2. Nintendo and Sega are seemingly very close at the moment
3. He has awesome moveset potential and would fit in flawlessly (not that this matters too much)

So I think his only obstacle is avoiding AT status.

Curse that ever growing category of misfits and rejects!
1.-Mind telling me WHY sega deserves TWO 3rd party reps, while konami only one, and other companies bite the dust?
2.- So? I dont see how that automatically gives sega another character as a PC...
3.- This can be aplied to megaman, bomberman, and a sack of potatoes...

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
No, if Sega should get another character, it should be someone from another Sega series, like Nights or Aiai, not someone else from the Sonic series.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Why people want 2 sonic characters is beyond me. Why can't people be happy with sonic. People are always thinking about the next thing. It is the same with PT. people want a second PT and people want a 2nd sonic character. Be happy with sonic. For the record Megaman has a much higher shot than Knuckles

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
If for whatever reason Knuckles is in as a PC I'm willing to bet that he starts the Subspace as a villain. This is based off of the fact that in most every game he is tricked by Robotnik into thinking that Sonic is trying to steal the Master Emerald or something to that effect. I don't see why it's not possible for him to be in now. Sakurai even said that he was placing less emphasis on hidden characters so this could just be a hint at his confirmation. For the record, I don't care one way or another if he is in, I'm still holding out for Mega Man.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Agree, the only reason got in is because of the popularity, thats it, because lets face it the sonic has lost its spark, does he deserve it? IMO no, sure his 2d games rock, but that doesnt change the fact that now his games are awful... and yet these guys want ANOTHER character, Im sorry but lets give that spot to someone that deserves it, like megaman... hell even bomberman...

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Sonic had epic 2d games. i still play them more than i play any other game. But his new games suck. i have not enjoyed a sonic game since sonic adventure(GCN) and shadow went way to far with the guns.... Although Knuckles is untarnished ( he has not spun into crappy story lines. i call rouge the line) he will never compare to Megaman

Rakath

Smash Ace
I can't see Knuckles getting in over Tails. Even if Knuckles seems like a better character, Tails is Sonic's Luigi.
In "Sonic the Hedgehog" for PS3 and 360, and "Sonic Rivals" for PSP Knuckles was Luigi to Sonic and Tails had apparently dried up and died (or was now Peach to Sonic and being held at another Castle).

Knuckles and Tails are pretty evenly matched in importance now adays. Sonic is no longer a two man team, but a trio of comrades.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
In "Sonic the Hedgehog" for PS3 and 360, and "Sonic Rivals" for PSP Knuckles was Luigi to Sonic and Tails had apparently dried up and died (or was now Peach to Sonic and being held at another Castle).

Knuckles and Tails are pretty evenly matched in importance now adays. Sonic is no longer a two man team, but a trio of comrades.
Tails's importance in the retro Sonic games + Tails's importance in the recent Sonic games > Knuckles's importance in the retro Sonic games + Knuckle's higher importance in the newer Sonic games.

Get over it people, Tails is more likely than Knuckles, and even then, Tails would is still extremely unlikely.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tails's importance in the retro Sonic games + Tails's importance in the recent Sonic games > Knuckles's importance in the retro Sonic games + Knuckle's higher importance in the newer Sonic games.

Get over it people, Tails is more likely than Knuckles, and even then, Tails would is still extremely unlikely.
Tails still sucks in comparison to Knuckles

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
I want to start by saying there is an infinitesimally small chance of Sega gettin another slot. However, IF they gave to sonic series another representation, I think it would be Knuckles over Tails, or any other Sonic character for that matter. What I see when I look at knuckles is move-set potential. A factor that quite obviously weighs heavaly on Sakurai's mind. Tails would have an intresting feature with the mechs and whatnot, but the way that they would be summoned makes no sense, as it make little sense in Sonic Battle. Knuckles has obvious potential, and has been knows as the fighter of the series. The only other chatacter from sonic that has more potential than knickles (in my opinion) are Mighty, and Espio. But their lack of recognition makes them nearly impossible.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The thing about Knuckles vs. Tails is the same issue Tails always has in Sonic games (Sonic Adventure is a good example of this): Difference from Sonic.

Going from the early games, each character was basically the same. Tails could fly, Knux could glide and climb, but had no jump height, Sonic could run faster than anything.

In Sonic Adventure Knuckles got his own gameplay style, Tails ran Sonics levels (save one which was his own, but each Tails level was about half Sonic's size and far less fun). In Adventure 2 he got the Mech style so he could be played opposite Eggman, so while you could do the Tornado Walker Tails, its more an Eggman thing.

In Advanced series each character got tricks off of springs/ramps/etc, some were attacks. Knuckles had everything he did was an attack. Tails generally had NO attacks off of that. Heroes and Riders do it all three equally (making each represent a different play). The current Gen games Tails got crushed and Knux took his place.

Knux, from a story and plot level, is about on par with Tails in worth and representation. Both names are synonamous with Sonic himself. They aren't like the Rogues or the Chaotix, which will make non-Sonic fans go 'huh'. However Knux on his own has a better build to work from, he'd be an easier character to make without making him Sonic with 5 jumps.

In a semi-related note: Mario and Sonic in the Olympics Tails got MAJORLY TROUNCED playability wise. Tails was slower than all things not Vector, Wario, and Bowser, he did have Stamina and skill, but his stats were really out there.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
knuckles is good

but shadow is better!

Not trying to be mean or anything just pointing out that knuckles is just a sidekick but shadow would be a good villain, and he doesn't even have to have a similar moveset to sonic.

Rakath

Smash Ace
knuckles is good

but shadow is better!

Not trying to be mean or anything just pointing out that knuckles is just a sidekick but shadow would be a good villain, and he doesn't even have to have a similar moveset to sonic.
Shadow is a Lame... well, shadow is a good word for it, of Sonic. He is hardly the Rival that Knuckles is. Shadow wasn't even the primary rival in Sonic Rivals (Knuckles was).

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
shadow was never cool. he dead set ruined sonic. i wish they would just dump him. what was the point of sonic adventure 2 if he was to be brought back. 3D king is right.
i had nothing against him in sonic adventure 2 but then it just became to much.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Great thread. Ever since the speculation of Sonic in Brawl years ago I've always though Knuckles would be great. One of the few characters that, if in Brawl, I would main no question. He's been my favorite character in the Sonic universe for as long as I can remember, and he'd still be in the group of faster characters in-game. It may be unlikely, but I'd be **** great!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Knuckles was mentioned in the Angel Island Zone music update. Let's hope that means he's in in some shape or form. Realistically I'd be more then happy with him as an AT.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Well hopefully there isn't only one 3rd party AT for each 3rd party character. Tails and Knuckles AT's would be great.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Indeed PC Knuckles would be great, he is afterall my favourite Sonic series character, but realistically I don't see it happening.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I can see Sakurai putting Shadow in for the sake of having a rival/villain.
Knuckles is Sonic's rival, and Dr. Robotnik is the villain (Boss).

Knuckles would be so awesome! I do like Shadow, but after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle my only Sonic game is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games (well, it's from my little brother).

There's just no really good Sonic game lately... I want to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles in 3D. Or at least something like that... a new Sonic Adventure (but where you can play as Tails and Knuckles too, not only Sonic, and it would be good if it'd have good multiplayer, like SA2B, and not this crappy party **** from Secret Rings)

Knuckles would be perfect for Brawl. Now with gliding and everything.
And Tails is the AT, Knuckles the PC :p

Knuckles=Sonic>every other video game character (imo)

I love him... this ultimate game would be even better if he'd be in it... nothing could top it... all my favourite characters in one game... that would be so awesome...

Top Bottom