• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Okay, I know that he will more than likely not be in, but my brother wanted me to make a moveset, so I did:

Knuckles the Echidna Moveset for Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Normal Attacks (Ground)
A,A,A -(Uppercut combo) (2%,2%,4%) Knuckles does two punches then an uppercut.
>A -(Punch) (7%) Knuckles does a plain simple punch to the face.
vA -(Sweep) (6%) Knuckles does a breakdance move, tripping the opponent and sending them into the air.
/\A -(Uppercut) (8%) Similar to Mario's up-tilt, this move is good for juggling.
Dash A -(Double Punch) (5%) Knuckles extends both arms to nail the opponent. has good knockback ability.

Normal Attacks (Air)
J, A -(Mid-air punch) (7%) Knuckles does a plain punch, this time in mid-air.
J, >A -(Super slam) (12%) Knuckles does a downward punch, exactly like Dr. Mario's, and also works as a meteor attack.
J, <A -(Backfist) (7%) Knuckles does a backfist in mid-air.
J, vA -(360 slam) (12%) Knuckles does a quick 360 in mid-air, hitting the opponent downwards, acting as a spike.
J, /\A -(Moon swing) (9%) Knuckles does a wide moon swing in mid-air, hitting opponents in front of him and above him.

Smash Attacks
>A -(Face planter) (15% uncharged, 22% fully charged) What the name says, Knuckles just plants his fist in the opponents face. Has EXTREMELY high knockback ability.
vA -(Foot punch) (12% uncharged, 20% fully charged) Knuckles punches the opponents feet, tripping them and slamming them into the ground.
/\A -(Double uppercut) (15% uncharged, 24% fully charged) Knuckles does an uppercut, this time with BOTH hands. Can K.O. at low percentages.

Special Moves
B -(Rev-up spinner ball) (10% uncharged, 30% fully charged) Similair to Jigglypuff's rollout, this one is faster, and more powerful. Takes about 4 seconds to fully charge. Additionally, you're able to change the direction of where you go by holding left or right while charging.

>B -(Sideways Drill attack) (13% initial hit, 2% for each extra hit) Knuckles does something like M. Bison's "Psycho Crusher" attack from the street fighter series, without the effects. if your opponent is against the wall, you get an extra 4 hits from the spinning. Additionally, if you miss and hit the wall, it acts like Ganondorf's wizards foot, and you rebound off.

vB -(Ball Bounce) (12% per hit) Knuckles performs a "bouncy ball" attack on his opponent. You go higher with each bounce on the ground.

/\B -(Spin attack) (15%) Knuckles performs a spin attack similair to pikachu's and pichu's quick attack. Additionally, you are able to control which direction he will spin in with the control stick.

Throws
Z -(Grab) Knuckles sticks his two claws in the opponents chest, holding them in midair.
Z, Z-(Punch) (3% per punch) Knuckles takes his spare hand and socks the opponent in the face.
Z, >-(Power Punch) (5%) Knuckles takes his spare hand and socks the opponent so hard that they fly forward.
Z, <-(180 throw) (7%) Knuckles spins a 180 and throws his opponent.
Z, v-(Bounce throw) (3% for throw, 5% for ball) Knuckles throws the opponent down, then bounces on them as a ball.

Taunt:
Folds arms and taps foot, then says, "Hmph."

Super Smash: Ultimate Chaos
Knuckles uses all seven chaos emeralds and causes a nuclear explosion. As the explosion is happening the screen turns white, and you see a red line zip around the screen and makes a "Z" shape 3 times, from top left to bottom right, then to bottom right to top left, and then makes a final pass of top left to bottom right.

Weight: Average. He's just like mario for that. He's Knuckles, so there ya go. Self-explainatory.
Speed: Easily as fast as sheik. Also able to combo easily.
The Strategy: Rack up some quick damage with throws, then start juggling, then finish them off with smashes.

Colors:
Red Knuckles
Blue Knuckles
Green Knuckles
Yellow Knuckles
White Knuckles

Stage: Chaos Shrine
Atmosphere: You're battling in front of the chaos emerald, you can see it in the background. Similair to the fountain of dreams, it's a flat open arena with a twist. there's 4 platforms. 2 on each side, above each other.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Right... I think you can do better with Knucks B attacks. Try adding some Sonic Battle or Sonic Championship moves. And he should have a Dig movement.
Would be nice to see the Sonic team in SSBB (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles). But like you said, its very unlikely.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh god is there gonna be a thread for every Sonic character out there? Look there can only be a max of 3 3rd party characters:
1) Snake
2)???
3)???
the other 2 are a mistery, still if they ARE gonna put a character of the Sonic franchise, there gonna put Sonic, if ur gonna put knuckles in there hes either:
1) gonna take Sonics place
or
2) gonna be alongside sonic and take the 3rd 3rd party spot
which neither of them I like, but lets get back to the point, the 3rd character should be from another franchise, like say capcom, and the character will almost sure to be Megaman, and if we do put knuckles is like we put protoman in megamans place, which is wrong, tough I like protoman, I know it wont happen, so to be fair they should put 1 character for every company, so Sonic may have a shot, but doubt Knuckles will.
Sorry to burst ur bubble XD.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Tomasiarity said:
Right... I think you can do better with Knucks B attacks. Try adding some Sonic Battle or Sonic Championship moves. And he should have a Dig movement.
Would be nice to see the Sonic team in SSBB (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles). But like you said, its very unlikely.
well good buddy this was a SUPER quickie. I just didn't get it up until a little while ago 'cause I was at church.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Stryks said:
Oh god is there gonna be a thread for every Sonic character out there?
What the hell are you talking about? There's only 1 for Sonic, and 1 for Knuckles. You should be asking "oh gods is there gonna be a thread for every Mario character out there or every DK character out there or every Zelda character out there?"

Stop complaining about Sonic topics when this is only the second I've seen, and I been around for awhile. Also, he says he knows Knuckles won't be in it, so stop getting on his back about it.

As for Knuckles, he's my most voted Sonic character after Sonic himself. I hate Tails, Tails isn't connected to Sonic by the hip, and Knuckles seems more of a Smash style character than Tails. Not to mention Knuckles has a larger fanbase. But after Knuckles, then it has to be Tails before anyone else.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
No chance, Sonic still hasn't been confirmed and Sakurai said 2-3 new third party characters else than Snake, and Tails is probably picked ahead of Knuckles.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Here we come with the whole Main character thing. Sonic, is pretty much the Main character of the seires, am I correct? Let's just take a look at the characters froma moment. Who cam before Dr. Mario? That right, his own self Mario. Who came before Ganon? Thats right, Link, because we are focusing on main characters of the series here, and then they will expand on it.

Let's also look at something else, and we don't have any exprience with third party characters, so we do not know if they may include more than one character from that game. Because we may just find it being Sonic, and then it suddenlt becomes Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy. I mean, we have no exprience with this therfor helping to expand on the point.

Since Sonic is the main character, and we don't have any exprience with the third part characters, we don't excatly know wether or not Knuckles has the best chances in the world. He would be a cool fighter, and I think it would be cool to have him in the game. But, it dosen't seem likely after the 2-3 more third party character statement.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Sakurai said only 1-2 more 3rd party characters(not including Snake), that means Sonic, Geno, Megaman and several others have priority over him.

Besides, having more than 1 character from the same 3rd party franchise wouldn't be a good move for business. Let's look at situation a) Sonic and Knuckles are both in Brawl, now Sonic fans want to play this game, because of Sonic's inclusion(seeing as how he's the main character). Knuckles does next to nothing to attract players because he's just a supporting character.

Situation b) Sonic and Megaman are in Brawl, now Megaman AND Sonic fans want to play this game, thus making more people buy this game. Nintendo gets more money by doing this rather than doing situation a.

See? It's all very simple, Knuckles shouldn't be in Brawl.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Sakurai said only 1-2 more 3rd party characters(not including Snake), that means Sonic, Geno, Megaman and several others have priority over him.

Besides, having more than 1 character from the same 3rd party franchise wouldn't be a good move for business. Let's look at situation a) Sonic and Knuckles are both in Brawl, now Sonic fans want to play this game, because of Sonic's inclusion(seeing as how he's the main character). Knuckles does next to nothing to attract players because he's just a supporting character.

Situation b) Sonic and Megaman are in Brawl, now Megaman AND Sonic fans want to play this game, thus making more people buy this game. Nintendo gets more money by doing this rather than doing situation a.

See? It's all very simple, Knuckles shouldn't be in Brawl.
...Ok, granted, Knuckles will NOT be in...... you said that he does nothing to attract players.... thats a load of bull, there are plenty of fans out there that would rather knuckles be in this than sonic, his fan base is JUST as big. Knuckles is HUGE, so I don't know what you're talking about, but if Knuckles were announced, then he would undoubtedly bring his fanbase with him.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
No, if Knuckle's fanbase was just as big, he would've had more than one game, so I don't know what you're talking about.

wtf happened to my sig???

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
Knuckles is the coolest character in the Sonic franchise IMO, so I would DEF. love to have him in Brawl! If Knuckles can make it, maybe Shadow can too? I also think Knuckles looks the coolest out of the Sonic characters.

nice moveset, btw:) if hes in, my good friend would go BESERK! lol. he loves Knuckles. i really hope he makes it!:p

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
isnt Knuckles a martial arts guy anyways? (idk much about him) but i think he is. he wouyld b a great choice IMO

hes a natural born fighter!

JPW

Smash Ace
you make a good thread. And I like your moveset pretty much. But we all know the truth.
Sonic before Knuckles. It's that simple.
No offence to Knuckles he's good and all. But Sonic is the main franchise.
No doubt a Sonic and Knuckles vs Mario and Luigi does sound like a good match.
but I don't see it happening in brawl.

I do see Knuckles in a possible sequel though.

I got nothing against Knuckles, he's cool and everything, but i'm probably going to get flamed forever now. Back in the 90's I was a Tails fan. However a lot has changed, I still like Tails, and I possibly prefer him in SSBB over Knuckles, but fact of the matter is over the years, I have grown back into a Sonic fan. And I prefer Sonic Adventure 2: Battle more then Super Mario Sunshine., or Luigi's Mansion for that credit.

I will support Knuckles for Brawl, but i'll support Sonic and Tails before Knuckles.
but also I never owned Sonic and Knuckles, I used to always rent it. Whereas Sonic 2 I owned. And I played that all the time. And I felt sorry for Tails.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Knuckles is cool but Sonic will be always first no matter what. even though Knuckles will not likely beenn in SSBB, it would be a great addition. I think since Sonic and Knuckles he has been a bit overhyped..He is just a encidina who finds..stuff.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Knuckles is one of my first choices to be added to SSBB. He would be a really cool character to play as. He reminds me of fox a little which means possibly a High tier character if he did make the cut. Sonic would be another great addition. I really hope one of the 2 gets put in SSBB.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Trespyane, there's no 1 of the 2. It's either Sonic, or a different franchise character.

Also, though Sakurai said 1-2 more third party characters, don't forget this one thing: People change their minds.

We can assume that his statement will not change, but there's no fact that it can't.

Anyway, nice Knuckles moveset, but his B Moves are a rip-off of Sonic's style of moves and need to be changed. Even for a quickie, it's pretty good.

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
maybe Sonic can turn into Knuckles if you chose his red color costume? Same moves and everything, but just a different skin? Black could be Shadow. Green, yellow, and of course, Blue would be Sonic. Maybe white could be that metal Sonic guy? this definitely wont happen, but maybe thats the most we can hope for with Knuckles

primusfan

Smash Ace
Knuckles is not getting in...period (and neither is Shadow). I like Knuckles a lot but if anyone's getting in from the Sonic franchise it's gonna be.....Sonic.

JPW

Smash Ace
maybe Sega could go ahead and make a stage where we see statues of Sonic characters.
And we smash em up or something to get through, or maybe we break them open they come alive and we verse them for a brief moment, untill we make our final quest for Sonic.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles is not getting in...period (and neither is Shadow). I like Knuckles a lot but if anyone's getting in from the Sonic franchise it's gonna be.....Sonic.
QFT

We're gonna have 5 third party characters at most (and even that's a stretch), so it would be strange to have 2 characters from the same franchise. It would be like if in SSB64, there was only five characters, Mario, Luigi, Link, Donkey Kong and Kirby.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Oh god is there gonna be a thread for every Sonic character out there? Look there can only be a max of 3 3rd party characters:
1) Snake
2)???
3)???
the other 2 are a mistery, still if they ARE gonna put a character of the Sonic franchise, there gonna put Sonic, if ur gonna put knuckles in there hes either:
1) gonna take Sonics place
or
2) gonna be alongside sonic and take the 3rd 3rd party spot
which neither of them I like, but lets get back to the point, the 3rd character should be from another franchise, like say capcom, and the character will almost sure to be Megaman, and if we do put knuckles is like we put protoman in megamans place, which is wrong, tough I like protoman, I know it wont happen, so to be fair they should put 1 character for every company, so Sonic may have a shot, but doubt Knuckles will.
Sorry to burst ur bubble XD.
Stryks, you ought to read the negative Nancies thread. Every post I've seen you make has either been a flame or a misinformed argument. First of all, Nintendo has said we are getting up to three third party characters EXCLUDING SNAKE. Second of all, the dude clearly said he was just making the moveset for fun. There are plenty of argument-friendly threads out there, but this one is for discussion. Just try not to completely shut down people's ideas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look im not negative I just use common sense:
Ok so we got 3 slots for 3rd party characters:
1) Snake
2) ???
3) ???

Lets say sega gets a spot, they can put any character from their long list of characters, so being their mascot the no brainer sonic is in:

1) snake
2) sonic
3) ???

But wait why if they choose knuckles?! U know the sidekick instead of the hero!

1) snake
2) knuckles FTW!!
3) ???

Its like makin a superhero game and u add robin and not batman, addin luigi in smash but not mario, addin zelda but not link, u c its ********...

Now for case 2:

If the rster is like this:

1) snake - konami
2) sonic - sega
3) ???

What in HELL gives sega rites fro 2 characters in smash? not only would it be unfair for every single company out there, but would be unfair for konami who already has a spot, konami will go "hey why did they get 2 spots and we only got one?!" that spot could have been for capcom, thus we get megaman, or namco = pacman, or if by some act of god we get another konami character, we could get grey fox, which is IMO uber awesome over knuckles...

Sorry for using common sense here, sue me...

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Knuckles in SSBB. Because if Knuckles gets it then Sonic must too.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i much as i am a #1 Sonic and Knuckles (not just the actual game but the characters), i must agree with Stryks...Knux aint getting in. This is negativity, its just common sense. Here are the reasons:

1. lately Knux has now been reduced to a Tails (a sidekick biznitch)

2. theres only 3 MORE slots for 3rd parties (excluding Snake) nd those will most likely be filled by Sonic, Megaman, and either Bomberman, Rayman (please God), Viewtiful Joe (hopefully not), or Sora (that one's a stretch)

3. dispersement; chances are there won't be multiple characters from the same 3rd party franchise and Knuckles has no chances of taking Sonic's place.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Knuckles in this game is pretty slim unless Nintendo desides to let in a bunch more 3rd party characters

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Wait, wait. Forgive my ignorance, but where's this "three more excluding Snake" stuff coming from? Last I heard, Sakurai said there might be one or two more third party characters in Brawl. Can someone provide me a link to where three more third party characters is confirmed? Or at least sight where this claim originated?

As for Knux in Brawl. He'd be an interesting character. A little heavy and powerful, but floaty I'd imagine. Perhaps he could glide like Peach? Although, it's for certain that Sonic would get in before him. Hell, Tails would probably get in before he does. :\ Of course, I doubt more than one SEGA character will be in, if one is in at all.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i heard two or three more 3rd party characters excluding Snake and i dont remember where from however youre right it is one or two according to the Wikipedia article on SSBB. So that settles it, Sonic and Megaman will take those spots. if not Megaman then Bomberman. if not Bomberman then Viewtiful Joe and this list goes on and on. thats just how popularity works fellas...poor Knux doesnt have a prayer. end of discussion. now someone please close this thread before i get even more depressed

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm with these last two posts: there's not "3 more plus Snake", just "one or two plus Snake."

Knuckles is a bad idea anyway. And Stryks...you really don't have to be so negative:

Marthmaster92 said:
Okay, I know that he will more than likely not be in, but my brother wanted me to make a moveset, so I did:
If I made, let's say...a Cyborg Ninja thread (imagine that, right?) just for fun, I wouldn't really care for you serious-ifying it by shooting it down so vehemently.

Top Bottom