• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knuckles for Brawl!

allengator

Smash Rookie
I have never thought of what other characters I desired to be included in Brawl since Sonic's confirmation. After I spent quite a bit of time thinking about it, I had only 3 characters that I absolutely want, and Knuckles is on the top of that list. With gliding and wall clinging being discussed in Famitsu, it is like they are teasing me. I really do not want to get my hopes up, but I will be here to fight for the Knuckles cause until the bitter end, which probably will not be too far off, considering the Japanese launch.

allengator

Smash Rookie
Someone on Brawl Central forums mentioned this, and I thought I would share it. just to have some sort of hope, even if its delusional. Take it with a grain of salt.

In the intro video that has been leaked, we see Sonic and Snake. No other third parties to be seen. Of course they would not blatantly just put the other third party character(s), IF there are any. In the credits, below the start screen, we see all the companies involved as of the video. There are several theories for this:

1) Konami and Sega are the only two third party companies involved with the game at all. So, in theory, IF (I stress if) there is another third party character, it will be either another Konami or Sega character. This does not mean it will be Knuckles, but if this is the case, then this, along with the Famitsu recognizing wall cling and gliding, could possibly highten the chances of Knuckles.

2) They only show the companies with characters represented in just the opening video. This would also give hope to supporters of Megaman, Sora, Geno, etc.

3) In order to keep any other companies secret, they didn't include the character, and can add them in as they are unlocked. I personally think this is unlikely, especially if the said company involved wants credit, wouldn't they be on the opening credits anyways? However, this may be a thought to consider as well.

I, of course, subscribe to number 1. The last two just don't make a lot of sense to me, but I also would love to see Geno in this game, so anything could work. I also believe that there are no other third party characters, but that is just my opinion. Sadly, if that is the case, then it gives more credibility to the "Nightmare 35" roster.

Everybody keep their fingers crossed, form a circle, build a fire, sing "Kumbyaa", and grab your shovel claws, just in case..........

We're pulling for you, Knuckles!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Pssh...Knuckles for AT. At this point the 35 character nightmare roster is essentially confirmed and Geno, Ridley, Krystal, and Mega Man all got the shaft. Thanks for the coin launcher though, Sakurai...as it must've had more priority on the poll than any character. Oh well, maybe they'll all be ATs along with Knuckles...

Top Bottom