• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knights of Hyrule (Welcoming all recruits!)

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I just find it rather odd that this is an RPG clan and none, save one, of the requirements actually pertain to an RPG. And that only one is only multiplied by 2 giving a grand totally of 50, or less, in most cases.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Since when do battles have nothing to do with the RPG? And why do care? It benefits people like you who have many posts.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
Duke said:
I just find it rather odd that this is an RPG clan and none, save one, of the requirements actually pertain to an RPG. And that only one is only multiplied by 2 giving a grand totally of 50, or less, in most cases.
The formula also has 3x your total number of battles. -_-

Duke

I care because I want to be able to improve. I don't want to have to go on a spam fest to move up in rank. And out of the all the stats the amount of battles is a bunch of pishy posh it really means nothing. The 10th person on the most victorious list only has 250 battles. So that means most if not all of everyone in the clan doesn't even have that much meaning at the most someone will get 750 points from that. Which I guess is a lot but thats not going to be a lot of people. Whatever, I am just trying to contribute but I guess you guys are happy with the point system right now.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
I've never had complaints with it before, so I believe it is fine. However, I do support members sharing their ideas on how to improve this clan. So, how would you suggest improving this point system?

Duke

2[(HP + MP + STRENGTH + DEFENSE)÷ 4] + Post Count + Level²

That way it incorporates both skill and activity. I think battles are worthless because I take an aproach where I battle the hardest guy I can to level up meaning I will level up with less battles. Other people will battle 20 Anodes a day just to assure a win and a good record. Both are good methods of leveling up but one will have more battles.

Ronike

Smash Ace
This seems like an O.K idea to me. The level squared could get to be a little too much after a while though. Maybe just multiply the level by a higher number like 10 or higher. However, if you are going up to the bot limit, it shouldn't matter who you are facing, you'll get the same amounts of fights. Your way would just be faster because you'd get levels as well as 20 extra fights per day.

Ronike

Smash Ace
It all depends on what Bots you are fighting. If you push yourself and lose quite a bit of Hp, you'll gain more exp. and therefore level faster. But if you are always evading the Bots attacks, you'll gain next to no exp.

Duke

Actually the Level² wouldn't get that bad. The highest level in the RPG right now is about 60. And 60² is only like 3200 which would by itself give that person a ranking of Brigadier General in the current rankings (of course we would modify that). But really it isn't that bad, and since there is only one person that has 60 it should be a problem becuase the average level in this clan is like 15 which would be 15²=225 which isn't that much at all. So actually, I really thought through that formula and it is pretty solid.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord

It seems decent but I'm not sure about the stats part. It would be unfair to certain classes and the Diviners would have an advantage.

Duke

Ultima Nightmare said:

It seems decent but I'm not sure about the stats part. It would be unfair to certain classes and the Diviners would have an advantage.
So say we got a group of people 1 brawler, page, diviner, wizard and pickpocketer. So diviner will have better stats early on but what happens if they all turn to level 25 the diviner will be way behind in stats. It all evens out, diviner is better in the beginning and the end but in the middle, which is where most people are, the squires ect. beat them out.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The Omenator said:
So what?I'm a Diviner.I could use the advantage, seeing how many times Ronike has beat the sh*t out of me.
Dude, the advantages are for the ranks, not battles.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
The Omenator said:
So what?I'm a Diviner.I could use the advantage, seeing how many times Ronike has beat the sh*t out of me.
Ranks don't give you any advantage at all.

Duke said:
So say we got a group of people 1 brawler, page, diviner, wizard and pickpocketer. So diviner will have better stats early on but what happens if they all turn to level 25 the diviner will be way behind in stats. It all evens out, diviner is better in the beginning and the end but in the middle, which is where most people are, the squires ect. beat them out.
I still don't like it. It needs to be fair and the same for everyone so that everyone is capable of getting the same amount of points as everyone else, regardless of class.

The Omenator

Smash Cadet
So basically, everyone here is against me.Does ANY of you have ANY idea how much of a JACK@$$ this makes me feel like?If yer gunna use me, t' least be fair and don't make me feel like an idiot.Sheesh.If this doesn't stop I have two words for you all:GOODBYE EVERYONE.
POTATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT.

Ronike

Smash Ace
If we wanted to so it by stats, the stat that determines points could be determined by the class (i.e brawlers rank infuenced by strength, wizards influenced by Mp, page influenced by Hp, Diviners influenced by Defense (or any other stat except for vitality), pickpockets by evasion, and fayth by vitality) That should even it out. (What am I saying? I'm just creating more work for myself?)

Ronike

Smash Ace
The Omenator said:
So basically, everyone here is against me.Does ANY of you have ANY idea how much of a JACK@$$ this makes me feel like?If yer gunna use me, t' least be fair and don't make me feel like an idiot.Sheesh.If this doesn't stop I have two words for you all:GOODBYE EVERYONE.
I apologize. None of us (at the very least not me) are against you, just please read back a few posts before you post so you know what we are talking about.

Oh and sorry for the double post.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its one of the ranks used in the clan. For the full list and requirements, see Ultima's first post.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The current formula for points is in the first post, but I'll repost it here and put in super_sonic's values. [3 x (Total number of battles)] + [2 x (Your level)] + [Total number of posts]. So for super_sonic, the formula would be 3*(7 wins + 4 losses + 4 escapes) + 2 * 0 +196 = 241. Since 241 is more than 100 (corporal), but less than 250 (sergeant) you are a corporal. Understand now?

Duke

Omenator maybe if you would stop posting potato in a stupidly long and annoying fashion then not as many people would think you are a n00b/annoying.

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
So much hostility here, and all over the points system. Maybe I should do away with ranks?

No one is against anyone here. From my perspective, we're just trying to get the point system to be fair and work for everyone...

Ultima Nightmare

Smash Lord
No one is being removed from this clan. Now stop these petty rivalries.

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, but we are holding a clan tournament sometime in the near future. If you are interested in participating, please PM me. So far, only Ronike has entered.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Please explain what is the matter and we will try to fix it. We can't get rid of a member just because you are having problems. I reccomend you just calm down and try to talk things out with Duke. And Duke, you also need to calm down a little and try to stop flaming The Omenator so much about his sig. We all have stupid ones. It's just a personal touch. If he wants to have potatout as his sig, thats his buisiness. Now everyone just try and calm down.

Now to some more official buisiness, I will not be updating a person's rankings if the person has not posted since my last rankings. Also, until we have the clan tourney, I will be posting who has entered the Tournament thusfar, so please also foward your interest in joining the tournament to me. So far only I have entered, so please enter otherwise I'll be stuck with two titles :chuckle:

The Omenator

Smash Cadet
Ronike said:
Please explain what is the matter and we will try to fix it. We can't get rid of a member just because you are having problems. I reccomend you just calm down and try to talk things out with Duke. And Duke, you also need to calm down a little and try to stop flaming The Omenator so much about his sig. We all have stupid ones. It's just a personal touch. If he wants to have potatout as his sig, thats his buisiness. Now everyone just try and calm down.

Now to some more official buisiness, I will not be updating a person's rankings if the person has not posted since my last rankings. Also, until we have the clan tourney, I will be posting who has entered the Tournament thusfar, so please also foward your interest in joining the tournament to me. So far only I have entered, so please enter otherwise I'll be stuck with two titles :chuckle:
Yeah. I'd rather leave.I hope this increases Duke's knowledge of how to treat other members, and not just his ego. :p
GOODBYE EVERYONE.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'd prefer you not leave, as it will only further diminish our numbers. Please just wait for Duke's response and think of this. Who are you punishing by leaving the clan the most? You are just giving in to what you think Duke wants and there are 17 other members in the clan besides you. Just give it a day or two dude before you decide you want to leave.

super_sonic

Smash Journeyman
in hylule castle,northeast tower room 472
dude... noone even cares you're acting like the apocolypse is happening because of youre gay potatoe sig so just stop whining. Besides... I doubt you're clan is gonna get scrap all for members.

I'll join the tourny if you don't mind the fact that fighting me is a garunteed win!

Duke

The Omenator said:
POTATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT.
No, I don't have any problem with his sig, but does this look like his sig? He purposely typed out all of the 'O's. ANd this genuine reply to his question:
Duke said:
Omenator maybe if you would stop posting potato in a stupidly long and annoying fashion then not as many people would think you are a n00b/annoying.
I don't think it was that harsh. He wanted to know why people think he is annoying and then he gets mad when someone gives him a real answer?

Oh and Ronike you don't have to pretend like your the high and mighty "warlord" mediator.

Ronike said:
And Duke, you also need to calm down a little and try to stop flaming The Omenator so much about his sig.
Yeah, I wouldn't call one post that just genuinely answered his question. Also, I am pretty sure that was the only post about his sig; now if I'm the only one that thinks it is incredibly annoying to see 6 lines of potato then I guess I'll just shut up.

EDIT: Sorry for the post, I am a former debate hall member, and I hate to get blamed for something I really didn't do.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Thats fine. I just wanted you to speak your mind and I appreciate it. I do realize I might have been somewhat bias towards The Omenator, but I was just trying to get him to stop from leaving. I realize he was being a little ridiculous. Just please don't push another member out of the clan for stupid reasons. Oh, I am supposed to "help out", which I think includes mediating, therefore I will continue to mediate as I see needed unless Ultima tells me to do otherwise.

kirbykirby#1

Smash Apprentice
Finally I'm back. Sorry it took to long but I might not be on sometimes but I finally finished everything I had to do so I'm finally back.

Top Bottom