• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Tourney Results Thread

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Mmm, getting good consistent results there darkshadow! Which are the characters that keep knocking you out of tourneys?

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Well so far in my region... I'm having issues vs Donkey Kong haha... I normally go Falco but he CP's MK and my Falco is booty vs aggro MK's so far. I don't want to go Diddy either vs DK since i can't kill him =/... Out of region, Tin Man's Olimar knocked me out but yeah, so far I haven't been knocked out by a Metaknight.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I hate Olimar. I know someone who uses Olimar very well (some people may know him as BlackWaltz, he's in the Navy and on my same base), but I can't play against him enough to learn the MU, since he's always somewhere else. And DK, huh? Can't say I've got great experience against him either. At the very least, unless they're very high-leveled players, MK doesn't pose much of a threat against Kirby (IMO).

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I don't mind Olimars. I know I've taken down quite a few in my time. Although the pikmin can be annoying. I am now finding the Falco Match up to be quite Frustrating. DK is not a problem, he's just difficult to kill a times....

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Can you guys give me any tips vs Olimar? I find him soooooo annoying to approach... Since the fact that roll is completely useless vs him since he can pivot grab. And Y.b.m, which Olimar have you played so far?

Well it all depends on the MK for me to be honest. If the MK is aggro or doesn't space right, I love the MU with Kirby... if the MK just spaces all day then I have a biiiiiig problem...

For the Falco matchup, I've played against a few Falco's so far... Stroumbert + Ally and a friend of mines that is really legit with Falco at the moment (Butter). I personally like the matchup since he's so easy to combo and laser isn't that much of a nuisance for us.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I've played Hilt, Logic and Fino. They are all good Olimar players. You have to bait those Pivot Grabs and punish with a back air. And Go for the gimps on the ledge. Knocking him of the stage gives you a really good advantage as well. So do moves that have a decent amount of knock back when fighting near the ledge..

I don't mind playing MK at all.

I believe Falco is 50/50 Match up for Kirby. Playing against Shugo has made realize that. I actually still like the match up it's just playing against Falco is very wack, he is sooo good.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
I've played Hilt, Logic and Fino. They are all good Olimar players. You have to bait those Pivot Grabs and punish with a back air. And Go for the gimps on the ledge. Knocking him of the stage gives you a really good advantage as well. So do moves that have a decent amount of knock back when fighting near the ledge..

I don't mind playing MK at all.

I believe Falco is 50/50 Match up for Kirby. Playing against Shugo has made realize that. I actually still like the match up it's just playing against Falco is very wack, he is sooo good.
Hmm I see... Yeah I see what you mean about the baiting of pivot grabs. Levels like Battlefield makes it hard though since... Well most of them will just camp underneath the platform haha.

And yeah the MU of Falco vs da Kirbster is 50:50. I'm just happy of our crouching, our ability to combo plus gimp. My Kirby needs to level up in the aspect of gimping though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you're baiting pivot grab and punishing with B-air, it means the Olimar was out-played and not that the B-air can't get easily punished with easier baiting. Olimar's U-special can knock Kirby out of the air (and it can be 'pivoted' in place of a grab) and a dashing U-smash can come in and hit Kirby from underneath. Let's not forget how easy Kirby is to punish OoS.

Since Kirby's slow in the air, its not like it's especially difficult for Olimar to tell when Kirby is going for a B-air and when he's going for a Grab. What you have to do at this point is start baiting his baiting with a mix-up between B-air to punish Pivot Grab and Air Dodge to punish U-smash\Pikmin Chain.

But if floating around and B-airing everytime they throw out random Pivot Grabs works... keep doing it.

Triple R

Smash Lord
IMBD http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310995
Madison, WI
09/17/11

7th out of 22

Pools

Lost to Arty 1-2, beat Hunger 2-1, beat Red Ryu 2-0, beat Moozle 2-0, beat Timbo Slice 2-1

Got 2nd seed. Felt really good about Pools. I had a really janky/cool 0-60% combo on Hunger with a tire and stuff, also got a tire hit reset but didn't really follow up/expect it. I really dropped the ball against Arty. I kinda put his G&W to shame the first match. Then I had him on his last stock 2nd match at like 50% and me with 2 stocks, and he made a comeback. Then he won the 3rd game. It was rough lol. The other sets were pretty standard.

Bracket

First round I lost to Fatboy's Meta Knight 1-2. I literally go every other set with him as far as winning and losing. Then I think I played Zwarm. Won 2-0 against his ROB. He said that I played different than Kappy ;). Not sure what he meant though. Then I played Red Ryu again. Beat his Lucario 2-1, but he started to give me some trouble when I was getting aggressive. Then I lost to Arty 2-0. Didn't have the steam I had in pools to pull out a win. All fun matches though.

Doubles went pretty well. Got 4th out of 11 teams. Big highlight was coming back in a 2v1 against Sago and YoshQ with my Kirby and both their Meta Knights. It felt hopeless, but I somehow did it. Had a clutch dair at the end to take the match. Otherwise doubles was average and went OK.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
He told me you use Fair more than I do and you punished him hard for it. LOL. I rarely use Fair :colorful:

Good **** on beating Hunger! I always lose my composure midset against him :( Good **** on coming back against Sago and YoshQ in dubs, and ****ING GOOD **** ON BEATING KELS AND ORLY in DUBS MELEE WITH ORO!!!!!!!!! (Zwarm told me about it :colorful: )

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Triple R, my ROB is very aerial, which is usually a bad thing against Kirby, but I can kinda get away with it against Kappy. Every time I went in the air against you, you punished me hard, and I didn't realize it until it was too late. Like, you would bair my shield, and I would jump to fair you to punish, but you were already spaced too far away, and proceeded to kill me, stuff like that. Also fair throws me off. :p It's good at stopping ROB's bair/nair, because they're slow.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Joker Monthly http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740
Des Moines, IA
10/1/11

7th out of 23

I guess that 7th spot likes me recently.

Lost to MJG and Cook. Thought I was going to beat MJG this time since my last set with him was pretty close. Just couldn't pull through. Played Cook, curse my lack of Olimar experience. I really need to learn that matchup. Next time I go OoS I just need to find an Olimar main and force them to play countless friendlies with me. It's to the point where I find ICs easier since I have more experience with them. Overall it was a fun tourney though. Highlight was getting 1st in teams with YoshQ. Beat MJG/Fino and BPow/Nicole to take the gold.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Never get last with Kirby....That's like a sin! Keep going hard with him... Although I am a God Kai came out on top at that tournament....

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, look at falln posting his tourney result. The link says you're 13th though?

falln

Smash Ace
that's for amateur bracket. top 16 there make it into pro bracket which i placed 9th in (which is right below, idk why they put amateur above pro)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Awesome job, falln. Havok's pretty good, ain't he? :)
Oh, did you get any of the tournament matches recorded?

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah *scratch head* I'ma not post my results here this time -.-

First tourney since 2008 and it had to have been one of the harder ones of the years. Didn't make it out of the pool. Damn shame I couldn't get videos either :<

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kirbies long time! Well last tourney I mostly went Falco/Random because I "kinda" dropped Kirby but then I went Kirby in mid tiers and placed 4th with him last tourney(the matches of my Kirby are on a stream vs MeekSpeedy). Since then I quit the game completely but there's going to be a tournament this Saturday and I'm tempted to go. If I go, I'll try and rep Kirby some more for you guys =). There's also going to be a stream.

I won't be the only Kirby there though =). Skyler Silver also will be there.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Don't Blink ~After Story~ 4
Glen Ellyn, IL
1/14/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317073

13th out of 40

I kinda feel like I'm falling off lately. Going to have to do something about that. I got first seed in my pool, but then I basically went 0-2 in bracket. Maybe I just have an endurance problem or something.

Got bye first round

Lost to Akashi's Snake

Beat 7FO by default since he left early

Lost to Yoshq's Luigi

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
May as well post here at least once to keep track of my tourney history.

------------------------------------------------
E4J: Champion
Chula Vista, California
July 9th, 2011

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=10779

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Goop123
Lost to Chilly

Losers' bracket
Defeated Bam
Lost to fwk

Overall placing: 4/11 (Amateur bracket)
TourneyPlay: SoCal
Santee, CA
September 24th, 2011

Can not find a bracket or results anywhere. I made it out of pools and didn't win at all in bracket. Lost to Havok and Zekey.
E4H: Champion
Orange, CA
October 22nd, 2011

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11196

Winners' bracket
Lost to Camaman

Losers' bracket
Bye
Defeated Zekey
Lost to Jebus

Overall placing: 13/25 (Pro bracket)
E4S: Champion
Temple City, CA
December 11, 2011

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315471

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated chaoslucas176
Defeated nexus
Defeated scizor
Defeated Wucus

Overall placing: 1/11 (Amateur bracket)
Winter Game Fest: 2012
San Diego, CA
January 14th-15th, 2012

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317508

Winners' bracket
Defeated Dan
Defeated CPU
Lost to Shiro

Losers' bracket
Defeated Mike
Defeated Zane
Defeated Pheonix
Defeated TLOC
Lost to DSF

Overall placing: 9/100

I'm so bad and inconsistent, lol. Hopefully I'll learn to do a lot of friendlies before tourney because I've found it helps after seeing what happened with WGF.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, DSF is still playing? I'm glad to see that since I haven't heard from him in ages. I'm guessing he still plays MK? Or is he going Snake in light of the MK ban? (I don't remember if WGF had MK banned or not).

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
MK was banned, and to be honest I feel like I could have won if I just counterpicked Delfino instead of Pokemon Stadium 1. Don't know what I was thinking at the time, but he's still really good I'll say.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hyperkeeby, I'm gonna need links to those tourneys. I link the tourneys in the OP in case you didn't notice, so tourneys without links are pretty much the same thing as saying "hey guys, i did good here, there's no proof but trust me". I don't doubt your word, but I want a very useful resource whenever we discuss Kirby anywhere.

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
I only have links to AllisBrawl, I don't think SoCal uploads their results on smashboards, unfortunately.

Is that okay?

I have no proof of TourneyPlay socal so I guess that can be ignored, but WGF does not have an AiB link either. However, the TO posted the bracket image on smashboards.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sweet, I'll edit this thread when I get back to my room this afternoon. It's been needing an update for a while now.

Top Bottom