• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's "I forgot the old thread title" - Kirby Video Thread

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
That was some incredible adapting in the Megaman set! Megaman customs look really nice too. I don't see many Megamans, let alone custom ones. :bee:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Even more Mike Kirby matches from Smash Attack 3
Singles: Mike Kirby:4kirby:vs Trent:4megaman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7kFd86se4&index=16&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj
Mike Kirby:4kirby:vs Kirinblaze:4mario:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ikJAQBjOc&index=19&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj
Mike Kirby:4kirby:vs Snakee:rosalina:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bjVNE35VEI&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj&index=23

Doubles: Mike Kirby:4kirby: and Jtails:4diddy:vs Max:4megaman: and MintyF:4falcon:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lneGJ6UEsRc&index=2&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj Match stars around 22:00 don't know why spooky doesn't just make them seperate videos but whatever.
Winners Finals: Mike Kirby:4kirby: and Jtails:4diddy:vs Vinnie:4villager: +:4sheik:and John#s:4lucario:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qco5f57D6CI&index=3&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj
Grand Finals: Mike Kirby:4kirby: and Jtails:4diddy: vs Vinnie:4sheik: and John#s:4lucario:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLf-Kpl-Bqc&index=5&list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r5RnRsKaLqtieF2gEP-qNj
Impressive play as always Mike Kirby! Man just watching you play inspires me to keep maining Kirby no matter how bad some of his matchups are. Gotta say though i felt bad when you had to fight that Rosalina it just seems so hard to to get past her luma and even when you do you still have to play semi-defensive since Kirby dosen't really have the tools to rush her down. Hope their aren't too many Rosalina mains in my area or i may be in trouble. One last thing, MIKE WHY U NO USE STONE FOR EDGEGUARDS?!! Seriously the amount of times you and your opponent where off the stage i saw a bunch of opportunities to use either quick rock or regular stone offstage but didn't go for it did you choke or you just don't think it's safe enough?

Last edited:

Chewie

Smash Rookie
hey guys this is my first post ever in the smashboards !
Yesterday my small local smash scene decided to have a tournament, the turn out was 38-39 people which i consider pretty good for our off the map town.
I don't own smash wii u but i did play a lot of brawl and i occasionally play the new smash 4 when i hangout with my friends.
I didn't know they were streaming so played most of my matches offstream, except for winners and grandfinals which matter the most i think hehe

twitch.tv/thecavegaming/b/631550559?t=1h12m44s 1st game winner finals (only the first game got recorded and then twitch decided to cut off the next two games but i win 3-0 against his cap falcon, cap falcon is scary)

twitch.tv/thecavegaming/b/631589359?t=22m59s this was grand finals against a sheik, with a bracket reset ; n ; i hate sheik
(i was rly nervous this whole set)

My kirby isn't anything special, hopefully i get a wii u so i can start playing a ton more ! I really like the turbo rock thing off the platforms except i fail at executing it during my games > n <

anyways just contributing to the kirby videos ~ !

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
hey guys this is my first post ever in the smashboards !
Yesterday my small local smash scene decided to have a tournament, the turn out was 38-39 people which i consider pretty good for our off the map town.
I don't own smash wii u but i did play a lot of brawl and i occasionally play the new smash 4 when i hangout with my friends.
I didn't know they were streaming so played most of my matches offstream, except for winners and grandfinals which matter the most i think hehe

twitch.tv/thecavegaming/b/631550559?t=1h12m44s 1st game winner finals (only the first game got recorded and then twitch decided to cut off the next two games but i win 3-0 against his cap falcon, cap falcon is scary)

twitch.tv/thecavegaming/b/631589359?t=22m59s this was grand finals against a sheik, with a bracket reset ; n ; i hate sheik
(i was rly nervous this whole set)

My kirby isn't anything special, hopefully i get a wii u so i can start playing a ton more ! I really like the turbo rock thing off the platforms except i fail at executing it during my games > n <

anyways just contributing to the kirby videos ~ !
Hi! Welcome to the Kirby smashboards community.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
A friendly match against Meesh (RangerLefty on Anther's Ladder.) I'm considering replacing Shulk as a secondary and playing as Kirby instead. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
A friendly match against Meesh (RangerLefty on Anther's Ladder.) I'm considering replacing Shulk as a secondary and playing as Kirby instead. Advice is greatly appreciated.
1.Stop rolling every time you land a hit! This is a bad habit i see players do all the time and if the person you were playing against knew how to deal with it you would've gotten punished alot for it. There are a lot more safe defensive options like jumping away, shielding, running away, or spot dodging try practice these too since i rarely ever saw you use them. You should only ever roll when you're in an uncomfortable position to escape it and reset the situation. You should also learn how to punish rolls as well as using them effectively, rolls might seem impossible to deal with but you can easily bait them into rolling simply by running up to them and then punish with a grab, u-smash or dash attack.
2.Don't be greedy! Know when to stop attacking or comboing because sooner or later your opponent will hit you back.
3.Attack when necessary not whenever you want. I used to have a really bad player of throwing out attacks when my opponent was nowhere near me and got punished for it and i saw a bunch of times when you down-b'd or f-air'd when greninja wasn't even close to you and you got punished for it.
4.Learn to space your attacks so you don't get punished for blindly throwing out attacks. I may be coming off as a bit redundant here but if you're going to f-air at random properly. Not making sense? Ok let me put it like this you're going to f-air but you're opponent dodges the attack well if you hold back as soon as you initiate the attack you will start going backwards which may or may not save you from a punish. It's not always guaranteed but it'll save you more than you think.
5.Learn to pick up on bad player habits. If you see greninja rolling as much as you do don't just stand there and let it happen run up to the ***** and grab him! This doesn't just apply to rolling as you can punish ledge get-up options too. For example if you see greninja likes to jump down from the ledge and jump back on stage with an attack(btw don't try this get-up option with kirby he doesn't have the air speed to get away with something like this)and you know that after the first ledge grab if you aren't attacked first you don't retain invincibility frames on the second grab. So greninja's attack is shielded and he retreats off-stage to try something else walk up to the ledge before greninja grabs it and down-smash him he will get hit because he was to wait at least 20 or something frames before he can perform another action and kirby's down-smash is low enough to be able to hit people hanging on the ledge same goes for get-up jump(jump and do an aerial), roll(run up and u-smash), and attack(shield and you punish it with almost anything except hammer) too.
6.If you're going to down-b cancel it out before you hit the ground so you DON'T u-smashed!
Overall you have a good kirby you just have a couple of things to work on and soon you'll be kickin *** and takin names like it ain't no thang. If you'd like to get some friendlies in sometime since i have like no life outside of high school pm me. Also who was that talking in the background? lol.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Had some fun with EE Visu.

Won G1: :4jigglypuff: vs. :4mario:
Lost G2: :4jigglypuff: vs. :4falcon:
Won G3: :4kirby: vs. :4falcon:(http://www.twitch.tv/eevisu/v/3877824?t=4h24m30s)
Actually, I have an offtopic question for you. Does Jigglypuff have an easier time against ZSS than Kirby? I mean we both can duck moves of her moves. However, Jigglypuff has better punishes. Also, what help you beat Captain Falcon with Kirby rather than using Jigglypuff again?

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@ Unknownkid Unknownkid

Jigglypuff and quickly punish with rest if she avoids the grab, so yeah. Kirby can punish and rack up damage, also finish her once she's a kill percentage. Jigglypuff can kill ZSS at around 60%, so it's much faster. It can still be just as difficult if your opponent has a solid ZSS.

Visu's :4falcon: neutral is fishing for grabs and follow up with aerials. Attacks beat grabs; :4kirby:'s jab is a prime example. He also tries to fish for Dairs a lot. Upper Cutter brings more to the table than his.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
@ Unknownkid Unknownkid

Jigglypuff and quickly punish with rest if she avoids the grab, so yeah. Kirby can punish and rack up damage, also finish her once she's a kill percentage. Jigglypuff can kill ZSS at around 60%, so it's much faster. It can still be just as difficult if your opponent has a solid ZSS.

Visu's :4falcon: neutral is fishing for grabs and follow up with aerials. Attacks beat grabs; :4kirby:'s jab is a prime example.
Gotcha! Thanks for the explanations. I will watch your video tomorrow.

pnoid

Smash Cadet
Looking for some hard critiques. I really want to get better.

Training with a friend, so it'd be nice to know if you have any tips for the ZSS.
I have a LOT of footage, so I chose two matches which i thinks displays our strengths and weaknesses pretty well.

Round1: vs ZSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3MAQJY9Em0&t=23

Round2: vs ZSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkXw-bA7fq0

Given my bad habits I could use some tips on how to train myself out of them!

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Looking for some hard critiques. I really want to get better.

Training with a friend, so it'd be nice to know if you have any tips for the ZSS.
I have a LOT of footage, so I chose two matches which i thinks displays our strengths and weaknesses pretty well.

Round1: vs ZSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3MAQJY9Em0&t=23

Round2: vs ZSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkXw-bA7fq0

Given my bad habits I could use some tips on how to train myself out of them!
As a zss main myself, i do have some tips for your friend, but ill get to that later.
As for you, its good to see you crouching more on your second match of round one, it avoids most of zss ground options.
Your opponent couldnt really read you, so your freely able to roll behind and grab often.

I really like your use of kirbys chain grab, however.... back throw to bair i think only works at 0%, but ibdo that often myself
You had good baits to which zss didnt respond to.
You sometimes got hit by her dair, or didnt punish a wiffed dair.

When zss is on the ground, you should probably short hop instead of full hop, cuz in some cases, you double jumped over zss wiffing a grab or an attack, to which you were too high up to punish, short hopping wil put you in range of a bair punish.

Now for your zss friend:

Need to see more ranged options to challenge kirby in the air, like zair, nair, side b, perhaps even a full hop, single paralyzer.
Just do something to put pressure on kirby and not let him dictate the match.
If kirby is crouching to avoid your attacks, use dtilt a bit more, dsmash has a bit of start up, and kirby kept reading it and rolling behind to punish. But good use of dsmash to space out kirby from a distance that wasnt within roll-behind-range.

Kirby is a floaty character, so d throw to up airs will only work so much, and dont up b at early percents, as its a good kill option, but if kirby falls out, you may get punished upon landing. Very nice up b punishes though, a well spaced up out of shield is great punishment.

When kirby is jumping low in front of you, dont just stand there waiting for something to happen, space and apply pressure with short hop retreating , zairs, occaisionally mixing up attacks based on your opponents distance away from you.

I would highly suggest checking out the zss threads on smashboards, you can get a lot of help there, as this is supposed to be a kirby thread.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hey guys, back again from yesterday's monthly with some more matches of my Kirby, with some singles this time! Sorry about no YT links, I'm not in charge of the stream and I don't think the person who is wants to go through the stream and record each match when people could just view the archive or highlight it on twitch. 53 entrants for singles and 13 teams for doubles!

http://www.twitch.tv/atxsmash4/b/639750666

Doubles
Round 2 Winners: 12:00
Winners Semis: 49:00
Winner Finals: 1:03:50
Grand Finals: 2:26:30

Singles
Losers Semis: 6:25:00
Losers Finals: 6:38:00
Grand Finals: 6:50:00

Enjoy! :gova:

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
guys watch Gova's Grand Finals matches and tell him to use Uptilt more, and other advice against Sheik I think!

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
guys watch Gova's Grand Finals matches and tell him to use Uptilt more, and other advice against Sheik I think!
I just watched it. U-tilt strings are just amazing against Sheik and other fast fallers. I managed to rack up around 45% against a Sheik every single time I did it at low percents. Savage had pretty good spacing though and didn't leave that much room for U-tilting. Also, that Hammer Flip SD was really painful to watch.

I like how the commentator just completely overestimated Kirby's U-throws KO potential.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That SD was even more painful to experience! :gova:

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2L95oUyChQ
Kirby vs Pikachu/Mario at my first big tournament in San Antonio.
He wasn't that good but I felt like I got hit by some smashes I shouldn't have got hit by.

Any advice or critique?
Really good combo game, keep it up! What I did see you getting punished for was mainly you just kinda landing right next to your opponent without any apparent plan to land safely. You should ensure good spacing when landing and if you're that close to your opponent, you could either feint a landing to bait out an attack, but jump just before getting in their range, or you can land with a well spaced aerial, or maybe just fast fall down and shield (not really recommended as many players will just grab), spot dodge, jab or grab. It's not a good idea airdodge (which I believe you did) into the ground as it's very punishable. Also, when you're out of their grab range, I wouldn't recommend randomly spot dodging if you're not certain that you time it with your opponents smash attack. Even then, perfect shielding can be better, but then the timing is even trickier.

First off, the link is broken. Change it to https://youtu.be/fxma2KB88z4 and you're good to go. You did go for a lot of grab approaches, which is not really bad if your opponent would shield, but it's easily beaten by a jab or any other attack. Grab is not really Kirby's best approach either as it doesn't combo much. I would say to try to land some D-airs behind your opponents or go for D-tilt, U-tilt (tricky spacing for approaching with though) or jab.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
First off, the link is broken. Change it to https://youtu.be/fxma2KB88z4 and you're good to go. You did go for a lot of grab approaches, which is not really bad if your opponent would shield, but it's easily beaten by a jab or any other attack. Grab is not really Kirby's best approach either as it doesn't combo much. I would say to try to land some D-airs behind your opponents or go for D-tilt, U-tilt (tricky spacing for approaching with though) or jab.
Thanks for the input. Kinda wierd for the dot to be in the middle of "YouTube" but if that's how it works, something's wrong with my ctrl c.

I'm kind of afraid approaching with dair because it has a bit of start up, where as up air fair, or a rar is faster. Cuz either I might get shield grabbed when I land or get out spaced by another move.

But I guess my grab fishes were a bit much.

Top Bottom