• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's "I forgot the old thread title" - Kirby Video Thread

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Here are the videos from this past Sunday. My mentality vs Jtails in winner's bracket was bad 'cause I had a belittling mentality (gotta stop doing that) since he's such a notable, and respectable player at the moment, but I started gaining confidence during grands. This weekend they have customs on, and I'm worried about the shenanigans that might happen... but we'll see!

Nebulous # 18 - Winner's Semis
MikeKirby (Kirby) Vs Jtails (Diddy)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZKBtl2JD6XA

Nebulous #18 - Loser's Quarters
MikeKirby (Kirby) Vs Dark Peach (Peach)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yBQUQj7iy8o

Nebulous #18 - Loser's Semi's
MikeKirby (Kirby) Vs John12346 (Shulk)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=OFBdOAIiJUE

Nebulous #18 - Loser's Finals
MikeKirby (Kirby) Vs NinjaLink (Iggy/ROB/Diddy)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=JoeLDPXZ8PY

Nebulous #18 Grand Finals
MikeKirby (Kirby) Vs Jtails (Pit/Diddy)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hIIs-MEPwz8

------------
I played John#s in a little smashfest yesterday and I'm LOVING Monado Kirby!!! As Jump Kirby I literally did rising u-airs into a roof KO. I felt like MetaKnight in Brawl!! xD
I don't know if those friendly sets will get uploaded but I can't wait to play another Shulk outside of John#s. It looks like a super saiyan fight with Jump and Speed arts, hahaha!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yeah, I saw most of those on NinjaLink's channel a couple days ago. You seemed to handle Dark.Pch pretty well. While I haven't played a post-patch Peach, I was always afraid to approach because floating F-Air never staled, did tons of damage, and killed.

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
Amazing stuff as always mikekirby! I'm basically just going to say that you won grand finals haha (didn't know diddy's jetpack did that).

Can't wait to see more from you.

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
I
Poyo didn't even swallow shulk
In the comment section he said he felt he wasn't comfortable using the manado abilities quite yet. Though thats one of abilities you should learn as a kirby. Especially as a competitive kirby.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Just watched MikeKirby playing and winning a set in this (customs) tournament: http://www.twitch.tv/freesaltines, so he'll be on again in a bit. And as always he was playing Kirby gloriously!

EDIT: D3K is also there playing Kirby and was doing fairly well!

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
srry I'm new to the Kirby forums and decided to continue to main him like I have in Brawl, can someone share with me some people on Youtube (not twitch) that main him? Thanks:4kirby::4lucario:

Last edited:

Yan-Yan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yan-Yans
3DS FC
2921-9087-2933
srry I'm new to the Kirby forums and decided to continue to main him like I have in Brawl, can someone share with me some people on Youtube (not twitch) that main him? Thanks:4kirby::4lucario:
You can check on my channel if you want to take my ideas on some matches! http://www.youtube.com/user/bryandomo05/videos
You can search up "MikeKirby" on Youtube and it shows tournament sets and such.
Other than my recommendations you can check out others as well! But welcome to the Kirby TV Channel thread! :D

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wow! He made to Grand Finals again. They should have interview MikeKirby.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/607194971 0:45 vs Zelda, 45:17 vs Link, 1:40:28 vs Yoshi/Rosalina
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/607247352 8:17 vs Sonic winner's finals, 21:45 vs Link loser's finals, 34:53 vs Sonic grand finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VJqwDa6aBQ&index=4&list=PL0iuJ6YdZMjsl9x99crVpovT7aN0BMtuA

not many people were there today, this is just a small weekly thing, next big tourney there I know of is on the 17th and should have hopefully at least 20-30 people

edit: MikeKirby's sets: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/607204465

39:08 vs dedede
01:39:40 vs greninja
02:08:30 vs pikachu winner's semis
03:27:18 vs megaman winner's finals
03:41:30 vs shulk loser's finals
04:10:32 vs megaman grand finals

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Jtails put up some video guides for Kirby . :>

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wait... Jtails made a Kirby guide? Oh... he is doing it with all the characters.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Wait... Jtails made a Kirby guide? Oh... he is doing it with all the characters.
Ew, I don't like that idea :(. Everybody has a unique playstyle. Jtails mains completely different characters (I think)..I don't find that appealing to watch a guide that is made by a non-kirby main. I don't know..maybe I'm just special like that. :bubblebobble:

Yan-Yan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yan-Yans
3DS FC
2921-9087-2933
Ew, I don't like that idea :(. Everybody has a unique playstyle. Jtails mains completely different characters (I think)..I don't find that appealing to watch a guide that is made by a non-kirby main. I don't know..maybe I'm just special like that. :bubblebobble:
I got the same feeling man! xD

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
I feel you man. It just isn't right to give a guide on a character that you practically never play. Maybe tips and tricks, but not a full fledged guide.

Look at the bright side though, Jtails at least acknowledges the fact that Kirby is a force to be reckon with. You have to respect a top player's opinion, they are a top player for a reason!

Last edited:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Apart from my awkwardness on camara or whatever, I want to make some tidbit guides to Kirby but I have like literally no equipment; no laptop and a ratchet computer. ;__;

I've played Jtails a couple of times in friendlies and he's even asked me some Kirby things because he's been wanting to use Kirby Vs a Fox as a counterpick. I feel like his Diddy would fair better than Kirby but it's hard to tell. Or I'm under-rating Kirby relative to what overused character can do, hmm...

@ Jay-kun Jay-kun I play Yellow Kirby vs Pacman if anything. :)

I'm slowly learning the MegaMan matchup and it's quite even more so than I previously thought. =]

Anyway, on topic some videos were uploaded to team spooky's YouTube!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zmuBuKQDXt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-JfZMwQxY

I could have done better. I feel like I need honest critiques. Greninja's roll is like so hard to punish... -.-
He does it for free!

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Most rolls are hard to punish, unless they're being extremely predictable. It's honestly kinda depressing.
If you feel like there's any advice stuff, feel free to talk about it and we can try to make a guide-type-thing?

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Nice you got him with the Inhale at the edge! A little tip when playing against Sheik is to always try to DI away from her so she doesn't have uair as an option.

Yan-Yan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yan-Yans
3DS FC
2921-9087-2933
Nice you got him with the Inhale at the edge! A little tip when playing against Sheik is to always try to DI away from her so she doesn't have uair as an option.
Yeah I'll note that down! I also air dodged to his moves haha! This is why I love recording my matches! I can see my mistakes! =D

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Heya Kirbys (I mean, Hii-iiiiii™)

I'd love some feedback/tips on my Kirby play, so I saved a video against a Sheik where I felt I played pretty decently. Fire away with any flaws you notice (there's lots)! If that doesn't tickle your fancy, it's also a video where I kill Sheik with both Kirby-survivicide and Hammer, so that should count for something, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXQu46zFh0&feature=youtu.be

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
Wow @ EMPEROR Eevee EMPEROR Eevee Awesome battles, I like your use of kirby's other specials like rock and sword! A couple matches had me on my toes, it was great.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Hey I actually use Kirby more than you think, and I have a very strong understanding of the character from Playing Mike Kirby, and Deven3000 very often. I can understand your concern or discomfort, but I'm not like other players.. I've actually put a TON of time into deeply learning every character in the game. My Kirby is probably as good as most Kirby mains aside from the best ones in the country. The purpose of my videos are to give people ideas and insight towards the characters, not to say "This is the only way the character should be played" because I'm not perfect and I don't believe there is only one way to play any character.

But to just put it off because I'm not a "Kirby Main" is a little rude in my opinion.

Don't believe me? Watch my Kirby For Glory video, and I'm positive, if no one told you I WASN'T a Kirby "main" you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

@ MikeKirby MikeKirby what do you think about my insight?

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Hey I actually use Kirby more than you think, and I have a very strong understanding of the character from Playing Mike Kirby, and Deven3000 very often. I can understand your concern or discomfort, but I'm not like other players.. I've actually put a TON of time into deeply learning every character in the game. My Kirby is probably as good as most Kirby mains aside from the best ones in the country. The purpose of my videos are to give people ideas and insight towards the characters, not to say "This is the only way the character should be played" because I'm not perfect and I don't believe there is only one way to play any character.

But to just put it off because I'm not a "Kirby Main" is a little rude in my opinion.

Don't believe me? Watch my Kirby For Glory video, and I'm positive, if no one told you I WASN'T a Kirby "main" you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

@ MikeKirby MikeKirby what do you think about my insight?
Haha :)) lol you too Jtails I know actually know you use Kirby "more than I think"..anyway 4 things~<3 :[
1. (Some/any) Smasher(s) can have the skill and the ability to adapt to any character or a few and understand a character like you mentioned- this being true can't any of these smashers make a Kirby guide and pass it off ?; we can all say this is fact
2. I don't believe you understand. You said and I quote:
"My Kirby is probably as good as most Kirby mains aside from the best ones in the country." Unless I am mistaken any Kirby main would feel offended by this, as in most ppl on the thread. Now, feeling offended I could say this was also rude. Do you see a pattern Jtails?
3. Interesting you say that you do not believe that there is not only one way to play any character. This statement is so bleak. Of course there are an infinite way to play any character. Perhaps you meant to say that there is not one way to effectively play a character, yes?

Now, if you answered yes then you must be joking. You make a claim yet have nothing to back it on. Actions speak louder than words, remember that. You know, you are well known, I watch your tournaments and your vids as well as many other people. Everyone has a style yes that is true but you cannot "believe" this if you cannot show physical evidence in you matches or guides, you can simply acknowledge it.
4. Most people main a character because they like seeing him/ /her in the game/ /they want to be the best with their fav. character in a game/ /the character fits their play style very well/ /they want to see if they can be good at a character/ /the character is OP/ /they don't care or say screw it <--which one are you?

P.S. I dropped Kirby I'm currently finding my true main
P.S.S. I completely analyzed every line of your post, I am aware
P.S.S.S Nice vids~<3

Jtails

Smash Lord
Haha :)) lol you too Jtails I know actually know you use Kirby "more than I think"..anyway 4 things~<3 :[
1. (Some/any) Smasher(s) can have the skill and the ability to adapt to any character or a few and understand a character like you mentioned- this being true can't any of these smashers make a Kirby guide and pass it off ?; we can all say this is fact
2. I don't believe you understand. You said and I quote:
"My Kirby is probably as good as most Kirby mains aside from the best ones in the country." Unless I am mistaken any Kirby main would feel offended by this, as in most ppl on the thread. Now, feeling offended I could say this was also rude. Do you see a pattern Jtails?
3. Interesting you say that you do not believe that there is not only one way to play any character. This statement is so bleak. Of course there are an infinite way to play any character. Perhaps you meant to say that there is not one way to effectively play a character, yes?

Now, if you answered yes then you must be joking. You make a claim yet have nothing to back it on. Actions speak louder than words, remember that. You know, you are well known, I watch your tournaments and your vids as well as many other people. Everyone has a style yes that is true but you cannot "believe" this if you cannot show physical evidence in you matches or guides, you can simply acknowledge it.
4. Most people main a character because they like seeing him/ /her in the game/ /they want to be the best with their fav. character in a game/ /the character fits their play style very well/ /they want to see if they can be good at a character/ /the character is OP/ /they don't care or say screw it <--which one are you?

P.S. I dropped Kirby I'm currently finding my true main
P.S.S. I completely analyzed every line of your post, I am aware
P.S.S.S Nice vids~<3

I understand all these points, but to simply NOT watch the video just because of whatever prior opinions you may have is unfair, especially when I practice with Mike Kirby and Deven 3000 all the time. Which means I have a higher understanding of the character than most people.. so far in this game. I've even considered using Kirby this Apex, because he may net me some wins.

I'm not saying I'm THE best Kirby player, but the reception towards me posting a video in hopes to be helpful was *shrug* unwelcoming. Just because in everyone's minds I don't use the character. Where I used him in many practice sessions against Helper, Southpaw and a few other players. I don't feel like I need to cite my sources to justify that I use and am good with the character. That's also the reason I have a For Glory video up of my Kirby along with the guide. You can see my Kirby playing. Granted yes opponents on For Glory aren't "tournament players" but you can SEE my Kirby which seems to be the big issue if I understand correctly?

In any case it doesn't really matter, watch the video or don't. I'm not a Kirby main so whatever I say has no weight. Which then moves on to the next question, if I use Kirby in tournament and win it still wouldn't make a difference, unless I use him against a high profile opponent/match up, in which personally I would only use him in certain situations because that is my personal preference.

To answer your questions about "which one am I" I see potential in Kirby, and I think he's a good character, I think he has certain advantageous match ups against some of the cast and can do well against some top tiers, assuming your opponent doesn't know the match up very well. He can definitely catch people off guard and with smart play, can definitely win tournaments. He also in a sense fits my play style and I think he can cover match ups that I struggle with. If you're asking about Diddy Kong, I like the character, and I mained him for 6 years in Brawl. He just felt right in this game too and transitioned right over. If you look at the history of tournaments, I was the main reason people figured Diddy Kong was "OP" needs nerfs and all that. because I was one of the first people who chose the character and did extremely well with him. I didn't know he was "OP" I was just playing the game, until people started complaining. I've been using Diddy from the start because I like him and he fits my play style very well. I'm comfortable with him because of all the years I mained him in Brawl. But I think he needs accompaniment by some other secondaries to survive in tournament, thus I've explored other character options. Like Kirby for one example.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I'm not a Kirby main so whatever I say has no weight. Which then moves on to the next question, if I use Kirby in tournament and win it still wouldn't make a difference, unless I use him against a high profile opponent/match up, in which personally I would only use him in certain situations because that is my personal preference.

If you look at the history of tournaments, I was the main reason people figured Diddy Kong was "OP" needs nerfs and all that. because I was one of the first people who chose the character and did extremely well with him. I didn't know he was "OP" I was just playing the game, until people started complaining. I've been using Diddy from the start because I like him and he fits my play style very well. I'm comfortable with him because of all the years I mained him in Brawl. But I think he needs accompaniment by some other secondaries to survive in tournament, thus I've explored other character options. Like Kirby for one example.

Oh I guess your opinion of "main" has changed ~<3
Hey I actually use Kirby more than you think, and I have a very strong understanding of the character from Playing But to just put it off because I'm not a "Kirby Main" is a little rude in my opinion.Don't believe me? Watch my Kirby For Glory video, and I'm positive, if no one told you I WASN'T a Kirby "main" you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
haha look who's modest.. -about Diddy lol this may be partly true but only by a minimum. Diddy is not overpowered, he just simply has an advantage over other characters/ he is just a bad MU. But the most likely reason that Diddy is considered overpowered is because he is so hard to counter and make your opponent have to completely/almost condition to use him. In earlier tournaments, you did basics and some reads. You have skill, yes but I believe because you played Diddy, you won. I simply cannot believe that 1 splayer can make a character seem OP...you know some characters can out camp Diddy, I might main this character when I find it but for now I'm a lone ranger :/ trying to find home :/ ~<3

Note: Yes I know :Captain Falcon in Melee wasn't considered high tier until he was used by _______ (lol forgot his name) and Jigglypuff was considered low tier until Hungrybox started wrecking tournaments with him. ~<3

Top Bottom