• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Up throw suicide is back? W/ video

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
mm, I came into this thread thinking "it either took place on Hyrule Temple or Skyworld"

It happens. I'm guessing you were on the bottom platform, at the left, facing right, and then you upthrew.

Try doing it on ROB and see what happens.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This can also happen in Pokemon Stadum (Melee), on the Water Stadum part when your under the windmill and use an U-Throw as well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, it seems to work whenever there is a ceiling above the edge of a platform.

Like in the Temple example. And on Skyworld....on the very bottom at the right, while facing left. Top platform needs to be intact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVi3W6_NRiw

And apparently on the PS1 Windmill...I'm guessing that requires you to be at the very left, facing right, and the windmill blade needs to be above you to block you from rising to the top of the screen.

If you can think of other places, then maybe. I can imagine it happening on Pictochat....the guy's face blowing wind comes to mind.

Maybe Frigate Orpheon, when those side platforms zoom away, or when the stage flips. I THINK there will be a hitbox in midair though when the side platforms move away, so you'll just slam your opponent down on thin air, and they'll bounce up.

It will probably work on some custom stages... >_>

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
doesn't it work on rainbow cruise as well?or was that a given already? o.o
the windmill one seems useful
hard though i think
i shall try this later;[

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
mm, I came into this thread thinking "it either took place on Hyrule Temple or Skyworld"
Same.

Maybe Frigate Orpheon, when those side platforms zoom away, or when the stage flips.
3 words: Invisible floors. Yea.

Asdioh said:
It will probably work on some custom stages... >_>
I actually tested this, and I don't think so.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
kirby cheat???
Nonono... Mario cheats! Look at him, he grabs the ledge from 2 miles away, reverses you with a piece of cloth, and generally screws people over with a water gun!

Still not convinced? Play Mario Kart Wii :laugh:.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
A1lion, u deserve the Name A! for the steacsauce avi people, u realize u will forever be known as steaksauce now?
Meh...won't be too bad. Hm...or I could be like t!mmy (A!lion835). Or...alright. In my clan, I often talk about a fabled smasher named A2lion836 (he won a match vs chudat and 4 chudat clones, and his awesomeness allowed 6 people to play. Not to mention the chudats had invincibilty and ultimate superman hacks on them, etc.). Maybe I could change my name to that...

The sad thing is that I'm a vegetarian.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
what is this steak sauce fad? haha
I was bored.

Go to the Sonic boards. (I actually haven't been there in forever, but I can imagine.)

And the Sonic mascot is :093:

So the Kirby mascot should be :050:

Because Diglett is amazing.
I wonder.
Surprise appearance by VietGeek! All hail!

On topic: so....Kirby's upthrow is pretty good...

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
So this is what i've found out,

when kirby comes in contact with something over his head that he can't pass through something happens that removes the invisible floor form underneath him. Causing a melee type Uthrow to occur. Unfortunately the only stage i can imagine this working on is PokeStadium at the windmill. and perhaps PERHAPS Rainbow Cruise if there is a solid type object above you and u were at the edge of the platform or the right edge of the ship

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
that was me (kirby) i saved it because of that, and was wondering if yall knew something about it

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It might have to do with controller port priority (Like with Ganon's Ganoncide).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Uh...well, I always die simaltaneously with my opponent when I uthrow suicide (yes, I play on hyrule sometimes. I thought it was the best stage ever in my n00by beginning to smash, not to mention it's awesome if you need to get it out through an insane tb. Which, btw, constitutes 6 stock, all items on high, hyrule).

Edit: Holy ****. That thing on lucario on PS1 also works vs sheik there (it doesn't have the exact same affect, but you'll see).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think he's just new to the boards, if he's a troll he will be flaming people and use very poor grammer. Like one of my friends quadruple post in a thread like three times. XD

Back on topic: Well, I tried to Up-Grab die on Smashvile on the moving platform, but somehow, I Kirby didn't go off, but slammed my foe in the air. =/

Top Bottom