• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & The Amazing Guide

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol. Thanks for the picture Arcanejazz. It's really funny.

I've been keeping myself busy with tournaments, so sorry if finishing this guide is taking so long. Most of my net-surfing is also done on my Wii which makes posting tedious. :/

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Yo timmy, i was wondering if u looked at my want to make an instructional video thread, i was hoping we could co-produce it maybe??? i'm good with the video editor we just would need some videos and what sections we think are appropriate per section. Would you b willing?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, I haven't seen the thread yet (I'm on AiB more than SWF). You should have sent me a PM instead of asking in this thread.

Anyway, I'm going to go to the thread and continue the topic there since this is not the place for it.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Question for the vulcan jab. Can it infinite against a wall? I'm pretty sure ppl can DI out of it but just in case. Is it possible to infinite anyone against the wall with a vulcan jab?

It pretty much is an infinite, the only way out of it is for ur opponent is to DI towards u in which case Kirby gets pushed back and then Di away from u into the new space

make sense?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's also possible to SDI behind Kirby to escape the Vulcan-Jab-Against-A-Wall attack. It might also be possible to SDI down and then Perfect Shield into an attack, but I rarely play on stages with walls so I haven't seen anyone try this yet.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
most people dont even now it exists and those that do really just DI forward build space then DI back into it, which i dont mind lol they get like 100 damage just from that. I dont think u can smash DI down and perfect shield however SDI forward i've seen work, either way its to good lol

chingy

Smash Apprentice
timmy, u da rawest kirby player alive! my kirby skillz got much better since 64 days! i hope to battle you some day

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
Im not sure if this is important or anything, but Kirby's upb the final cutter has a sort of super spike I got once when I picked him up *Like a few hours ago*
If an opponent is on a ledge and not invincible, I used the cutter, and they lost their frames after I was above them, I grabbed the ledge and they were sent hurtling into oblivion for an unstoppable spike.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a match-up section in the guide? I'd also like to see in the hats section if it would be beneficial to take their power, like Snake or Fox.

Kos Kirby

Smash Rookie
heh Whats up t1mmy long time no see. how have you been?+how have u been holdin up with our kirby in tournys? i hear im gonna be in top 10 in power rankings for norcal. ^^ w0ot

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey KoS, you could have sent me a PM instead of posting here. -^_^-

I'm working on an update. I usually post on Allisbrawl first, and then come here later.

pnoid

Smash Cadet
i think there need to be the throwing combos posted on here

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For those of you who don't know, I've got a major tournament I'm running (The OMG). I have some things written down on paper, and have been working with t0mmy on his upcoming ROB video guide (shhh, you didn't here it from me). So the next update to this guide probably won't be for another couple weeks. :(

Zonda

Smash Rookie
wow great guide so far timmy. i only jsut got SSBB a few days ago, didnt play melee or the 64 version except a few times at a mates place, so i have very limited exp and knowledge. very keen to get into this amazing game though and b able to hold my own. i really enjoy playing with kirby and plan on maining him. hoping that u include some very basic stuff in the up comming parts of the guide for ppl like me (im sure there must b alot off ppl in my situation).

keep up the great work man. looking forward to the next part of the guide.

if theres a good guide for begginers already can someone link it? ta

KirbyKhaos

Smash Rookie
T!mmy is sexy

N00Bs rule muhaha T!MMy love u babe- Kirby is the greatest- thnks for the guide- girls play smash too :laugh:

XxOblivion77

Smash Cadet

Sino

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide. Most of it I already know :(. I hope you will put some advanced techniques for kirby in your guide, like the Footstool-Dair etc.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Down air

I use the down air a bit as an edgeguard even though its weaker

Could other people test this:
I did this vs a marth....and then grabbed the edge
Down air into footstool combo for a gimp ko

anyway if this has been posted
anyone have any tips vs mario users?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I get daired into footstool by good Kirby players in Kirby dittos all the time. You position yourself so you're pretty much right on top of them, and then mash the jump button as your dair ends. Pretty hard to do, but once you get it, you know how it works and can do it more often.

I never play good Marios. :/

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
well im interested in making one of these except it will be all video with voice over, and in game footage

PinkMarshMallow

Smash Apprentice
My Kirby dittos were like hit and run Lol it was funny, we were doing the same thing which is freaky XD, usually I see people just dair down w/o FS or they dair to FF dair =.=

Zerosyko

Smash Cadet
Yeah, my friends underestimate Kirbys Dair, putting it off as a tool to rack up damage only, since it doesn't have a spike as obvious as Mario's or Samus's....Bah.

And yeah, Dair to FS works great for me when I practice a bit.

Top Bottom