• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
I made a video for a 50-60 percent combo on Bowser considering the buff he got recently and the fact that we need a quick way to tack on percent since he can basically get us to like 40+ percent in like 4 hits -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKHFEdHyo8

I'm not sure how it works with a partner but it's easier than just listing the combo.

(I practiced it in training mode too where it was working consistently/ the part where he lands after dair happened because I didn't space the jump properly)

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Oh. Whoops! Looks like I'm wrong about hand-picking mods. You can actually apply for Forum Moderator. Good to know.
Sounds like someone is interested in applying. o:
Good luck to ya if you do, you have a greater sense of organization than most people I've met online.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hm. Well, if anyone else thinks I'm able to take responsibility for this subforum, then I'll apply. Just know that y'all are still keeping it cool yourselves tho.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hm. Well, if anyone else thinks I'm able to take responsibility for this subforum, then I'll apply.
I applied for moderation staff when I saw the request for applicants.
Even still, I'd give you my vote of confidence as a responsible moderator.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I made a video for a 50-60 percent combo on Bowser considering the buff he got recently and the fact that we need a quick way to tack on percent since he can basically get us to like 40+ percent in like 4 hits -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKHFEdHyo8

I'm not sure how it works with a partner but it's easier than just listing the combo.

(I practiced it in training mode too where it was working consistently/ the part where he lands after dair happened because I didn't space the jump properly)
Can't he just jump out of FThrow -> DAir? It's still a solid mixup but this isn't guaranteed.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I have no clue if he can jump out of fthrow to dairy tbh I haven't had a chance to test with a live person, only cpu.
I know FThrow -> DAir isn't true on anyone, but Bowser may not be able to jump out. I'm pretty sure he has enough time to, though.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
F-Throw --> Full Charge Shot seems to be a true combo at 17+% (Combo count is 2 in Training Mode), assuming no DI and used against :4samus:. 0-16% is when it's escapable by her (Combo count is 1 in Training Mode).

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Never forget that just because something reads as a "combo" in training mode, doesn't mean it actually is. You can DI/airdodge some of those "combos"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thanks to some equipment hacking on my copy of Smash 3DS, I've been able to make a Kirby customization that deals with one of his main weaknesses...

With two pieces of Glider equipment, Kirby's air speed gets a 1.3x boost, instead of 1.25x. Combined with the speed boost, and his air mobility really sees an improvement. The Air Attacker bonus effect basically enables Kirby to deal some more damage with his aerial attacks.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You know, if this has been discovered before, why the hell wasn't it spread around? Could've help on some matches before, y'know. I'm a bit mad now.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
You know, if this has been discovered before, why the hell wasn't it spread around? Could've help on some matches before, y'know. I'm a bit mad now.

Such an incredibly helpful tech to know it's really a pain that this wasn't spread around like immediately but w.e thanks @Phan7om! The quality of your videos is improving man keep up the good work!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow I didn't know this. Even more evidence Kirby would be top tier if he could bring Olimar's ability into every match.
The pivot method sounds difficult, but foxtrot looks easy.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Do moves that set up into grabs register as true combos/do moves that hit out of a grab register as true combos?

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I took the time to snap this picture, so I might as well share it.
The drawing under the Amiibo was drawn by yours truly.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I took the time to snap this picture, so I might as well share it.
The drawing under the Amiibo was drawn by yours truly.

I can't even.... and then this is likely my best drawing:
001.jpg
This is inside of a schoolwork jotter, hence the background lines, and was done with two ballpoint pens. Here's Poliwag for real:
IMG_0086.JPG

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't even.... and then this is likely my best drawing:
Actually, that's quite good. To me drawing isn't all about drawing well but, instead, doing something I enjoy. Drawing with a ballpoint pen in a notebook would be as "good" of artwork to me as what I did, as long as you enjoyed doing it.

If you go back and draw the Poliwag a second time, but take a moment to look at some more details (like the thickness of the swirl on his belly, or how the light falls on his feet), then I'm sure you'll be able to capture that detail even more accurately with your pen. Getting better step-by-step is such a fun process! This is probably why I enjoy Smash Bros. so much. :)

Edit:
I like the zebra-striped sheets. XD

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Actually, that's quite good. To me drawing isn't all about drawing well but, instead, doing something I enjoy. Drawing with a ballpoint pen in a notebook would be as "good" of artwork to me as what I did, as long as you enjoyed doing it.
Well, I did have some Internet pictures for reference.
Kinda like this one:

It's due to this I refuse to draw it again. My only character drawn with a decent track record. Even Zero (the one from Dream Land 3) and Dark Matter I do worse, and they are essentially circles with slight additions.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, I did have some Internet pictures for reference.
Kinda like this one:
I like that one too. :)
Maybe I'll get a nicer camera than my 3DS camera and take a higher quality pic of my drawing...and I'll snap a picture of the Mewtwo/Sonic drawing I'm working on when it's finished.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
A few doodles I did a couple months ago when I was bored in class (drawn from memory, except that marker there):

In case you were wondering, that Kirby there has swallowed Garnet from Steven Universe. It was just too cool not to draw.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
A few doodles I did a couple months ago when I was bored in class (drawn from memory, except that marker there):
Pretty cool. The classwork looks more like busy work to me which is, sadly, what a lot of school is now a days.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
Pretty cool. The classwork looks more like busy work to me which is, sadly, what a lot of school is now a days.
It was a coding bootcamp, and it was actually mostly not busywork. But the stuff on the early end of class was mostly stuff I already knew, hence the time to bother with all the shading on Rosie.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Since we seem to be sharing fan material right now, I suppose I could share this self-RP log I wrote here at the Official Conquest Thread, starring two of my fancharacters, Kehtas (WAS named Teyin in the quote below, but not anymore....) the male orange :4kirby: (with blue suede shoes) and Sirt the orange peel colored Coo-styled Owl (used to be just orange, but him blending with Kehtas isn't what I'm wanting... >_>), with an appearance from a not-as-mine fancharacter who I call Yas Hunt, the black-colored Mr. Peepers from this page (http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Duck_Hunt_Dog/DJ_HANNIBALROYCE's_version), who's probably the most villainous fancharacter I have used in that Thread so far, aside from Aldis and Snoy, who I mention at the end of the big quote below.

Kehtas used to be Teyin, as the below quote will show, but due to recent developments in fleshing out more details (the name Kehtas itself being inspired by this page of all places (http://www.thelovelyplanet.net/ketas-the-pond-of-tears/) ...) for an ambitiously-in-perpetual-development fanfic series, Shimmering Eyes, the name Teyin has now been given to another fancharacter... whose details are still under construction. Will that fancharacter be ready for when 10 PM Pacific Time rolls around later today? I'm not really sure on that, but I'm hoping so.

I'm planning on writing up a skit for tonight's Conquest post in which I make fun of Sirt claiming that Celeste from AC is his "bae". I DEFINITELY got some jokes lined up for that one, thanks to Higurashi, one of my most favorite series of all time~ ¦D

I might ALSO throw in a partial Anime ED Sequence imagery script, as well as another Episode Preview Sequence later tonight. Keyword, might.

*Scrolls up at the 3DS Results, since his own 3DS has yet to Log On successfully so far*

*Cue "Mission Completed" by Jun Ishikawa from the Kirby's Dream Land 3 OST*

<Teyin the orange male :4kirby: with the blue suede shoes> Oh, TarToon~! ¦D What wonderful news you've brought for Splooshi~ ¦)

<RL Me> "I've come bearing good news for him as well, Teyin--" *Sees that TarToon racked up 96 points--* "Ni-ni-Ninety six!? That's impossible!" </Nostalgia Critic> "Wonderfully done, my good sir, that might actually be a new personal record, and you've certainly beaten my highest record as well."

<Teyin> "Seeing my buffed up hero's team win that week on the 3DS front...." *Becomes misty-eyed, despite comfortably maintaining his warm smile* "It was beautiful." ¦>

<RL Me> "It was also incredibly funny, especially that one match I sent to the 3DS servers in the U.S. FG FFA area where I threw out SOOO many Warlock Punches that actually worked, it was ridiculously awesome." 83

<Teyin> *LOLs!* "I KNOW, RIGHT!? My kind's even BETTER at throwing out those B-Reversed Reverse Warlock Punches in the AIR than the King of Darkness himself is!"

<RL Me> "So many jumps to mix up the timings on when to start it up, and with the RWP now having Super Armor...."

<Teyin> *Thinks back to certain moments during that 2 minute match, like.... seemingly everything that happened after the 01:17 mark has passed, and ROFLs so hard, that not only does he become too caught up in the lulz to coherently say anything, but he actually starts shedding tears!*

<Sirt the orange male Coo-styled Owl> *Is currently off-stage, and becomes alarmed from overhearing Teyin's cries* (What's going on out there that's pushed Teyin beyond the shimmering eyes!? If what I overheard from Splooshi earlier is what's doing that to him right now, I've gotta get over there NOW before someone like that Bronto Burt Bamino bullies him again!) *Starts flying towards the main area as fast as he can*

<RL Me> "That indeed was such a hoot, that it seriously was the highlight of that week for me." *Takes a deep breath, and then sighs heavily* "Alas, what's good news for TarToon is bad news for us."

<Teyin> *Feels his face intensely vibrating!* "You can't be serious, Splooshi!"

Wii U Results:

Team Mario got 1st place with 51% in the World & Europe & Oceania, 52% in the Americas, and 49% in Japan.
Team DK got 2nd place with 49% in the World & Europe & Oceania, 48% in the Americas, and 51% in Japan. Points given to this team via Orange :4kirby: and Straw Hat :4jigglypuff: were 25 points on the Wii U and 38 points on the 3DS.

Prize for 2nd on Wii U was 1000g
Prize for 1st on 3DS is an Imperfect Shield Agility Badge with +65 Speed and -3 Attack. THIS is a FANTASTIC option for weakening the Clone form of Master Core on 9.0 Classic, who is often prone to Perfect Shielding just about everything that it can. Also, I think that's the lowest negative value I've ever seen for a positive value that high.... ;o

<RL Me> "This... might've been one of the most fiercely contested weeks in a LONG while! =O "GreatGame!" tag brandishes for everyone involved." =D

*Cue "Mission Failed" by Jun Ishikawa from the Kirby's Dream Land 3 OST*

<RL Me> "FINALLY, I get to use this one! >=D Let there be MOE!" >=3

<Teyin> *Sobs as he sheds more tears!* "WHY SPLOOSHI!? HOW COULD MY HERO'S TEAM LOSE THERE!?"

<RL Me> "Your guess is as good as mine, Teyin. It really could've gone to anyone's side there too, it was that close. You're taking this WAAAY harder than I am, by a LONG shot." X3

<Teyin> "So WHAT if I am!? YOU were representing MY kind out there on the world wide web!"

*Cue "Esoragoto" from the Air - Original Soundtrack Disc 1 (the Visual Novel version by Key/Visual Arts)*

*Throws
at Teyin*

<Teyin> *Had his vision blurred too much by his tears to even see the salt coming, and thus gets a face full of that, causing him to genuinely wail aloud from both pain and sorrow as his face is covered in both salt AND tears!*

(May the internet's trolling denizens FEAST on the ideas you're feeding them for jokes surrounding the idea of getting SALTY!)

<Sirt> *FINALLY arrives onto the scene, spotting the orange Batamon covered in salt!* "TEYIN!"

(Oh SNAP, it's the literal night owl! My kind may be known for hunting ducks, penguins, and eagles, but there's NO way I'm gonna survive messing with HIM right now! Not while I'm unarmed!)

(I'M OUTTA HERE!) *Is now out of the area*

<Sirt> *IMMEDIATELY lands in front of the Batamon!* "You're smothered in salt!" *Starts helping Teyin wipe away the salt, though strangely, he, along with Teyin, completely avoid touching Teyin's eyes, including the areas immediately around them* "WHO DID THIS TO YOU!?"

<Teyin> "I DON'T KNOW!! I was already emotionally overwhelmed when somebody threw salt at me, so I couldn't see who!" *Hugs Sirt and wipes his face on his body as he continues sobbing*

<Sirt> *Hugs Teyin back, and covers him with his wings* "Even with all your training sessions in rooms filled with freshly chopped onions thus far, you're still so vulnerable to such blindsides."

<Teyin> *Forlornly looks up into Sirt's misty eyes* "I need Hiegin now! All this salt can't be good for my shimmering eyes! I still need them to fight the Social Liquid Boundary!"

<Sirt> *Somberly looks down into Teyin's actively teary eyes* "That you do. You're one of the most vocal opponents of the SLB, we can't lose you while they're still around!"

<Teyin & Sirt> *Stops hugging each other*

<Sirt> *Latches atop of Teyin with his talons* "We must go, Splooshi! As much as I want to question you right now, Teyin's eyes are in need of urgent care right now, so you'll have to fill me in who the culprit was later. Now then, to Hiegin the Audino's office!"

<Teyin> *Waves his flippers above his head* "See you later Splooshi!"

<Sirt> *Tightly grips onto Teyin's head as he flies away from the area with him*

<RL Me> *Facing the audience, aka the readers* "And so, a glimpse of their true selves have been shown to the public at last. They are among the main characters in the ambitiously-and-perpetually-under-development fanfic series, Shimmering Eyes, and I'll admit, I find them both uniquely interesting and incredibly moe. Before I return us to our Regularly Scheduled Program, I have a full-fledged episode preview sequence I'd like to share with all of us here. I should warn you that I wouldn't expect this upcoming premise to actually get finished any time soon, if at all, so consider this a one-shot teaser."
*NOTE: At NO point do we actually SEE the narrator here, so I won't be describing the appearance of that person at all. We only HEAR the narrator, who has an incredibly serious monotone voice to accompany all that will be said here in this segment*

*Cue a plain black background with the words "Next Episode Preview" on the center of the view, alongside "why, or why not" by Ooshima Hiroyuki feat. Katakiri Rekka playing in the background, starting from the 05:08 mark (Said music in question here: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajcLDdMLoM) *

<Yamaji the Fumu/Tiff-esque not-Cappy> "What enamored you, is an answer to the earliest what-could've-been."

*Said background is now filling up with water droplets coming down from the top of the screen, gradually uncovering numerous words & phrases that might be considered randomly assorted, but are actually incredibly relevant to the upcoming episode, such as:*

On-Screen Text:
"After 11 whole years...."
"You saved me!"

<Yamaji> "What enticed you, is the potential for welcoming additions."

On-Screen Text:
"At last, a place to call home."
"WHY CAN'T HE LIVE HERE WITH US!?"

<Yamaji> "Who those two really are, may not be what anyone expected at first rescue."

On-Screen Text:
"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME HUG YOU!?"
and "You're like this at THAT AGE!?"

*Said On-Screen random words & phrases finally disappear from the screen*

<Yamaji> "Shimmering Eyes, The Familial Repair Chapter, Part 1: Abandon."

*Cue a solid white background with a hazy/fuzzy/grainy effect on a shaky frontal view of Teyin the orange male :4kirby: (with blue suede shoes) in the middle of the frame, looking upwards with his flippers remaining on his sides while standing upright and bawling his eyes out with his wide open frown, while Aldis the dark blue male :4kirby: (with dark green shoes and a teal bowler hat) on the right side of the frame is venemously glaring at Teyin with a closed frown, narrowed dry eyes, and flippers held together in front of himself, and Snoy the white female :4kirby: (with dark red shoes and a glaucous lampshade hat) on the left side of the frame is deviously gazing at Teyin's eyes with slightly narrowed dry eyes, bright red cheeks (considerably blocked by her flippers), and an open smirk*

<Yamaji> "Would these shimmering eyes say otherwise?"
While I'm here, I'd also like to give a shout-out of thanks for the inspiration from this line I read earlier on the last page:
As a little kid I got into the series with Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby Air Ride and from there on had always been bothered by the lack of friends Kirby had compared to other Nintendo characters like Mario and Donkey Kong.
You're not the only one. This pic I found on dA was what came to mind when I read the above quote of yours:
http://star-byte.deviantart.com/art/Sad-Kirby-is-sad-278460469

(Shout-Outs to Star-Byte, btw. Actual spoilery details are in the link above. *INB4 the "What about Bandanna Dee?" counterpoint*)

<Kehtas the male orange :4kirby: with blue suede shoes> "His flippers shouldn't be so close to his eyes right now. Rubbing them NOW will only make them more painfully puffier later when the crying stops. Plus, where exactly HAS his flippers been, anyways? Did he properly wash them, prior to that bout of wailing? If not, then that will create more germs for his tears to have to ward off when he sticks them into that region."

<RL Me> "Really, Kehtas? THAT is what comes out of your mouth first? That is most certainly one of the strangest responses I've EVER seen ANYONE give to the sight of one of their own heroes invoking the Raining Eyes."

<Kehtas> "Splooshi, you MADE me this way. You're the one who typed all my lines. Doesn't that speak volumes about how weird YOU are?"

<RL Me> *Claps in applause* "Well played, my good sir. If that isn't an indication of how you'll be at certain points during Shimmering Eyes, then I don't know what is."
Given everything I've said up till now, I have 3 questions about a certain ability that might not seem so embarrassing of me to ask now, despite it having been in the back of my mind for a surprisingly long while now...

<Kehtas> "Yet he wants ME to ask it FOR him. >:\ Coward. >:| Anyways, during KDL3, when Kirby uses the Needle ability while riding Rick the Hamster, doesn't Kirby look like he's... crying? Or at least screaming? He looks like he's channeling the Shimmering Eyes, but does he even HAVE tears welling up in his eyes from what appears to be from the pain? Are those needles on Rick's back really piercing his lower back, to put it in more E-Sports friendly terms?"

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So apprantatly a worker for Nintendo or Namco (Don't know which one) just said that NX will have Smash Bros. as a laucnhing title. IDK if it will be an upgraded version of Smash 4 or an entire new game, but either way, what changes do you guys wanna see in this potential new game?

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So apprantatly a worker for Nintendo or Namco (Don't know which one) just said that NX will have Smash Bros. as a laucnhing title. IDK if it will be an upgraded version of Smash 4 or an entire new game, but either way, what changes do you guys wanna see in this potential new game?
An amalgamation of Wii U and 3DS stages (ie. all from both games)*1, all DLC pre-packaged *2, graphical updates *2, new newcomers and some veteran's return *3, a mix of 3DS and Wii U modes (Smash Run & Smash Tour) *1.

*1: Either a port or a new game.
*2: Port only.
*3: New game only

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So apprantatly a worker for Nintendo or Namco (Don't know which one) just said that NX will have Smash Bros. as a laucnhing title.
I can't help but remember the job listing for "Smash Bros 6" that was found right about when Smash For 3DS launched. This could be the game in question.

Also, I feel it's far more likely to be a port than a new entry into the series. With the NX rumored to be launching later this year a Smash game would have had around one and a half years of development time. This could actually be really cool if it was a remastered Smash, like SSB or Melee.

Sakurai always seemed to have this air of finality with directing Smash games ever since Melee. Though after Smash 4 he sounds like he's accepted his role as the father of Smash. There may also be a bit of a hint here too:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/13/sakurai-fe25/ said:
Sakurai:
The amount of work is pretty harsh… Recently, my vision has been getting worse as well
...Fire Emblem is changing and evolving with entries like Awakening and Fates, and I’d love to keep an eye on this evolution now and in the future.

Interviewer: And about the future of Smash…?

Sakurai: Who knows…?

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Just watched a Nebulous where the commentators jokingly talked about how cool it would be if Kirby could choose which B move he absorbed...

And now I'm sad that that's not actually a thing in the game TT^TT

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4ryu::Master! Master!
:4metaknight::It is too late...It's...
:4ryu::No!
:4metaknight::Ryu promise... promise me you'll train the boy...
:4ryu::Yes, Master...
:4metaknight::He is the chosen one...He will...Bring balance...Train him

And that's the story of how Darth Kirby started

Top Bottom