• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
*Cue "Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~" by Antic Cafe from the Darker Than Black OP2 Single*

In the interest of sparking some sort of activity here, I would like to share a fan anime opening music video script for my ambitiously-in-perpetual-development (fan)fic series, Shimmering Eyes, that I recently wrote up earlier this week, using the above bumped up song as the audio basis for the fan opening. I personally LOVE writing up these sort of sequences, but this is the first one that I've actually managed to completely finish.

Before I begin, I would like to warn you that, as the very name of the (fan)fic series might imply, there will definitely be a solid focus on a certain E-Sports friendly liquid, which a considerable amount of the cast of Shimmering Eyes will invoke for the effects of sympathetically defensive moe and even hot-blooded offensive strength.

<Kehtas the male orange :kirby: with blue suede shoes> What Splooshi's trying to say here, in other words, is that me and my buddies are going to be crying an awful lot during this OP, so if the teary-eyed text imageries of me, my Animal Buddies, and a Waddle Dee brandishing the Shimmering and even Raining Eyes for various reasons are going to bother you, there is still time to back out of the rest of this post.

<RL Me> You just namedropped the Shimmering and Raining Eyes without explaining what those mean. Care to elaborate for the audience who don't have access to my Jarte rich text files?

<Kehtas> Sure~ ¦D Just make sure to provide the example images when I ask for them, OK?

<RL Me> Already got 'eem~

<Kehtas> Wonderful. ¦) Now then, this is an example of the Shimmering Eyes:

<Kehtas> And this is an example of the Raining Eyes:

<Kehtas> These photos should be enough to answer your question, Splooshi.

<RL Me> I would like to think so, myself. Thanks. :D

<Kehtas> You're welcome. =)

<RL Me> Now then, for those of you who are still here after the warning and photos as terminology exposition, allow me to finally share that fan anime opening script here:
*Cue the TV Size version of "Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~" by Antic Cafe from the Darker Than Black OP2 Single*
Which is located in the Spoiler below:
*NOTE: Syndicate's English fansubs were used for the translation to this, the lyrics from which will be provided after almost every time stamp, including both that fansub's english translation & the original romaji included in that fansub.*

*NOTE 2: While I've taken as much care as I could to keep certain aspects accurate to how they actually work in the series, I've still taken some liberties at certain points, since there ARE anime openings that depict events that never actually HAPPEN IN the show, such as the Last Exile OP. X3*

OP Start:

00:00

*Cue footage of a dazzling quick-traveling sequence through the caverns of Onion Ocean, fueled by actively running waters, that alternates between going above and under water at various points*

00:12

"Saikou gasu wo buchiyabure"~

"Slam the gas pedal to the floor."~

<Kehtas the male orange :4kirby: with blue suede shoes appearing as a Rainbow Curse styled submarine, with Kowi the cerise colored Chuchu-styled female Octopus (with twin pumpkin colored bows) and Yait the jungle green colored Kine-styled Sunfish appearing as they normally are> *All dramatically swim downwards as they graze past a whole seabed's worth of bubble-encased mines fired from Crabbos*

<A Horde of Green Blippers> *Attempt to chase the Trio through the bubbled minefield, only for a bunch of them to literally get blown up by the mines*

00:16

"Minareta keshike wo kegashi--
te~"

"Pollute the view you see every day."~

<The Remaining Green Blitter Horde> *Continue to chase the Trio!*

<Kehtas, Kowi, & Yait> *Physically split up from each other upon reaching a forward dead end with three possible directions (left, right, and up), with each taking a path almost of their own (Kehtas goes left, while Yait & Kowi go right), yet they don't REALLY commit to traveling down either path just yet...*

<Kehtas> *Deliberately starts generating LOADS of bubbles with his rotors towards the junction!*

<Yait> *Encases Kowi in a large air bubble that travels upwards, then blows more large bubbles in front of her to support Kehtas's bubble collection*

<Kowi> *Grins while narrowing her eyes at the approaching Blitters and smugly waving her arms towards herself, beckoning their attention*

00:19

"Sekai ga gyaku ni kaiten suru~"

"The world's changing, so why shouldn't you?"~

<The Remaining Green Blitter Horde> *Swim headstrong into the bubbles, recalling too late that there was a solid wall beyond the bubbles, their rushing zeal being what makes them crash into that wall face-first*

<Kowi> *While still encased in the bubble, gapes far ahead of both the left and right paths, spotting giant holes at the ends of both paths, which turn out to be housing giant eels that are NOW LUNGING towards Kehtas & Yait, ALARMING her abruptly enough to widen her eyes in shock as she fearfully rallies for the duo's attention with her cries while frantically motioning her arms upwards!*

00:22

"Nichijou wo tobikoe~"

"Break free of your normal life."~

<Kehtas & Yait> *Upon hearing Kowi's harried cries, are shaken out of their bubble-blowing stupor, and immediately look up at their frantically waving companion and the upper opening, where they RACE towards with enough speed to not only escape the giant eels' gulps (causing them to inadvertently collide with each other while their mouths were open, spooking and sparing the Remaining Green Blitter Horde!), but also pop the bubble that Kowi was encased in upon actually reaching her!*

00:25

*Title card of the name of the series, "Shimmering Eyes", bubbly pops up from the bottommost side of the screen, along with the subtitle, "The Bubble Bursting Chapter", and said text stays at the bottommost side, keeping the delightfully swimming Trio well within focus at more than just the top half of the screen*

00:37

"Oshioseteku fuan ga mada kutsuu wo umidashi--
te~"

"Feel the constant, painful sense of apprehension."~

Wriss (the fully carrot orange colored Rick-styled Hamster), Teyin (the fully dark orange colored Nago-styled Cat), and Sirt (the azure colored Coo-styled Owl) are all overlooking the splendor of the ocean under the yellow Mr. Bright-lit night, when the Trio from earlier (Kehtas, Yait, and Kowi) all wash up ashore, presumably unconscious, before their very eyes!

Tobe (the robin egg blue Pitch-styled Bird) runs towards the scene from the left side of the beach, right on time to witness JUST the sight of the Animal Trio crowding over the sunfish, octopus, and Batamon, prompting him to anxiously call out to the Trio, which greatly shocks them all to the point of their eyes shimmering with tears of worry, especially Sirt!

00:44

"Nigetai hodo tsurai toki mo keshi--
te hitori ja naieee~"

"I know I'm not the only one who wants to run from his pain."~

<Kowi> *Awakens quietly until she tries to move her arms, the unexpected aches from which jolt her wide awake with strained wails, leading to her eyes welling with tears!*

<Teyin> *Squeezes the Batamon's sides, intending to eject any liquids he may have injested*

<Wriss> *Horizontally lies down to physically line up with the sunfish and gathers his breath before exhaling said breath inside the sunfish's mouth*

<Sirt> *Tearfully flies towards Tobe, who's now flying towards his friends as quickly as he can, and cries out to him, symbolized by a shaky speech bubble (looming at the top part of the screen, above everyone in the scene) containing the line, "We vow to you on our Shimmering Eyes....!"*

00:49

"Yasashiku tsutsumikomu kaze ga tatakau yuuki~"

"The gentle breeze gives me the strength to fight on,"~

<Tobe> *With Kehtas holding onto his talons, flaps his wings with a bit more speed than usual to safely descend onto the wooden pier*

<Mote the turquoise Waddle Dee with a teal bandanna> ^^ *Waves at the duo who just arrived*

<Kehtas> *Lets go of Tobe's talons upon his feet reaching the road, and soon after letting go, feels Tobe resting atop of his head for a bit* :o

<Mote> *Giggles upon such a sight*

00:55

"Majiri kusuo ga~"

"As fantasy melds into reality."~

<Tobe> *Just as quickly as he briefly respited atop of Kehtas, he departs upwards into the blue sky with a few clouds here & there*

<Mote> *Cheerfully waves good-bye to the soaring Tobe*

<Kehtas's 1st Person POV> *While waving good-bye to the departing Tobe, he delusionally imagines a light pink Batamon with a tuft of hair on the forehead, cat-like ears, and a straw hat with a blue ring in the middle of it, gracefully floating down from the sky with open arms, eyes, and mouth....*
((AKA, :4kirby: after copying :4jigglypuff:'s ability))

00:59

"genjitsu ni kawaru~"

... Only for said imaginary Batamon to LITERALLY go up in smoke as a sneakily intrusive Wheelie (with a bright red covering) deliberately emits ACTUAL smoke from its exhaust pipes pointed towards the imaginary Batamon.... and a return to the 3rd Person Perspective as both Kehtas & Mote become covered in that smoke as well, causing them to cough (just Kehtas, really??) with their flippers in front of their mouths, also making their closed eyes reflexively shimmer*

01:02

<Kehtas & Mote> *Rather than draining their stamina by attempting to give chase to the Wheelie that is CLEARLY racing circles around them, they hold their ground while standing back-to-back, ADAMANTLY REFUSING to wipe away ANY of their free-flowing tears, which allows them to INTENSELY focus on WHERE the Wheelie currently is AND is going to be at!*

01:05

te~"

*Camera Angle switches to a 1st person view from both of their perspectives, changing to the other as the Wheelie races out of sight of one of them, whose visions are DEFINITELY blurry from the tears still nestling in their eyes, yet are able to actually keep up with the Wheelie's movements (when within their viewpoints, that is)!*

01:08

<Wheelie> *FINALLY drives towards Mote!*

<Mote> *Grasps Kehtas's left flipper with her right flipper, allowing her to keep facing the Wheelie charging towards her as she makes a daring leap towards the Wheelie, with Kehtas in flipper behind her!*

<Kehtas> *Is completely caught off-guard by her sudden jump timing, causing him to panic scream aloud as he is lifted into the air by Mote!*

01:11

"Nichijou wo tobikoe~"

"Break free of your normal life~"

<Mote> *Lands on the Wheelie's covering, feet-first, and then firmly seats herself & grabs the left handle with her left flipper before letting go of Kehtas to grab the right handle*

<Kehtas> *Lands on top of Mote's head, head-first, and then tightly clings onto the tied back portion of her bandanna for dear life, as his whole body is helplessly flopping about in the air!*

<Mote & Kehtas> *Both leave a stream of tears in their wake as they drive down the wooden pier on the Wheelie!*

01:14

"Noore no karada to sono subete wo~"

"Your body, your mind, and all that you are"~

*Camera switches to a horizontal semi-close-up of Wriss late at night, sitting at his desk with various open books at his sides and a jumbled collection of seemingly random thought bubbles floating around in the air around him, containing both visuals and words hovering over his head, as he bewilderingly frowns with his head facing down at what APPEARS to be a written report with several sentences already written on it, which he moves onto one of the open books.*

His frown gradually flips upside down as he sheds tears onto the desk itself, which is also when the hovering thought bubbles begin to connect and fuse with each other to form a coherent mental image with complete sentences.

01:17

"Sonzai igai was sasenai~"

"cannot free you from your existence."~

*Camera switches to Teyin bartending at Steins;Keep, where he is mournfully gazing at a teary-eyed turquoise Waddle Dee with a teal bandanna (a female named Mote), who was shakily ABOUT to absorb ((Thanks anime, for showing off how Waddle Dees consume food & drink~ XD)) a non-alcoholic cocktail called Cinderella (orange + lemon + pineapple juices + ice), only to regretfully put down the glass to the side and climb atop of the counter to firmly hug Teyin (who hugs her back), the both of them now openly weeping*

01:20

"Sora wo tobenakatta nagai hiyou wa sekai wo miryou suru~"

"Those long days of halted flight throw your worthless life into sharp relief."~

*Camera switches to Sirt carefully tending to one of Tobe's wings, which Tobe forlornly stares at with Shimmering Eyes of nervousness as Sirt tests its movement ranges. Upon making certain movements with Tobe's wing, Sirt empathetically winces as sudden jolts of pain are triggered within Tobe, causing him to yelp aloud as his eyes transition from Shimmering to Raining!*

<Sirt> *With Shimmering Eyes of his own (due to empathetically hearing Tobe's pained yelps that he technically DID cause to an extent) and a determined look of concern, he positions his own wings at ground level, so Tobe can walk on top of them, and then he lifts him up onto the top of his own head*

<Tobe> *Sports a strained smile as he lets his tears trickle down his cheeks without wiping away any of them, as he hangs onto Sirt with his good wing*

01:26 to 01:29 (THE END)

*Camera angle pans upwards as Sirt cautiously soars into the early moonlit distance with Tobe atop his head*

OP END!

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
*Cue "Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~" by Antic Cafe from the Darker Than Black OP2 Single*

In the interest of sparking some sort of activity here, I would like to share a fan anime opening music video script for my ambitiously-in-perpetual-development (fan)fic series, Shimmering Eyes, that I recently wrote up earlier this week, using the above bumped up song as the audio basis for the fan opening. I personally LOVE writing up these sort of sequences, but this is the first one that I've actually managed to completely finish.

Before I begin, I would like to warn you that, as the very name of the (fan)fic series might imply, there will definitely be a solid focus on a certain E-Sports friendly liquid, which a considerable amount of the cast of Shimmering Eyes will invoke for the effects of sympathetically defensive moe and even hot-blooded offensive strength.

<Kehtas the male orange :kirby: with blue suede shoes> What Splooshi's trying to say here, in other words, is that me and my buddies are going to be crying an awful lot during this OP, so if the teary-eyed text imageries of me, my Animal Buddies, and a Waddle Dee brandishing the Shimmering and even Raining Eyes for various reasons are going to bother you, there is still time to back out of the rest of this post.

<RL Me> You just namedropped the Shimmering and Raining Eyes without explaining what those mean. Care to elaborate for the audience who don't have access to my Jarte rich text files?

<Kehtas> Sure~ ¦D Just make sure to provide the example images when I ask for them, OK?

<RL Me> Already got 'eem~

<Kehtas> Wonderful. ¦) Now then, this is an example of the Shimmering Eyes:

<Kehtas> And this is an example of the Raining Eyes:

<Kehtas> These photos should be enough to answer your question, Splooshi.

<RL Me> I would like to think so, myself. Thanks. :D

<Kehtas> You're welcome. =)

<RL Me> Now then, for those of you who are still here after the warning and photos as terminology exposition, allow me to finally share that fan anime opening script here:
*Cue the TV Size version of "Kakusei Heroism ~THE HERO WITHOUT A "NAME"~" by Antic Cafe from the Darker Than Black OP2 Single*
Which is located in the Spoiler below:
*NOTE: Syndicate's English fansubs were used for the translation to this, the lyrics from which will be provided after almost every time stamp, including both that fansub's english translation & the original romaji included in that fansub.*

*NOTE 2: While I've taken as much care as I could to keep certain aspects accurate to how they actually work in the series, I've still taken some liberties at certain points, since there ARE anime openings that depict events that never actually HAPPEN IN the show, such as the Last Exile OP. X3*

OP Start:

00:00

*Cue footage of a dazzling quick-traveling sequence through the caverns of Onion Ocean, fueled by actively running waters, that alternates between going above and under water at various points*

00:12

<Kehtas the male orange :4kirby: with blue suede shoes appearing as a Rainbow Curse styled submarine, with Kowi the cerise colored Chuchu-styled female Octopus (with twin pumpkin colored bows) and Yait the jungle green colored Kine-styled Sunfish appearing as they normally are> *All dramatically swim downwards as they graze past a whole seabed's worth of bubble-encased mines fired from Crabbos*

<A Horde of Green Blippers> *Attempt to chase the Trio through the bubbled minefield, only for a bunch of them to literally get blown up by the mines*

00:16

te~"

<The Remaining Green Blitter Horde> *Continue to chase the Trio!*

<Kehtas, Kowi, & Yait> *Physically split up from each other upon reaching a forward dead end with three possible directions (left, right, and up), with each taking a path almost of their own (Kehtas goes left, while Yait & Kowi go right), yet they don't REALLY commit to traveling down either path just yet...*

<Kehtas> *Deliberately starts generating LOADS of bubbles with his rotors towards the junction!*

<Yait> *Encases Kowi in a large air bubble that travels upwards, then blows more large bubbles in front of her to support Kehtas's bubble collection*

<Kowi> *Grins while narrowing her eyes at the approaching Blitters and smugly waving her arms towards herself, beckoning their attention*

00:19

<The Remaining Green Blitter Horde> *Swim headstrong into the bubbles, recalling too late that there was a solid wall beyond the bubbles, their rushing zeal being what makes them crash into that wall face-first*

<Kowi> *While still encased in the bubble, gapes far ahead of both the left and right paths, spotting giant holes at the ends of both paths, which turn out to be housing giant eels that are NOW LUNGING towards Kehtas & Yait, ALARMING her abruptly enough to widen her eyes in shock as she fearfully rallies for the duo's attention with her cries while frantically motioning her arms upwards!*

00:22

"Nichijou wo tobikoe~"

"Break free of your normal life."~

<Kehtas & Yait> *Upon hearing Kowi's harried cries, are shaken out of their bubble-blowing stupor, and immediately look up at their frantically waving companion and the upper opening, where they RACE towards with enough speed to not only escape the giant eels' gulps (causing them to inadvertently collide with each other while their mouths were open, spooking and sparing the Remaining Green Blitter Horde!), but also pop the bubble that Kowi was encased in upon actually reaching her!*

00:25

*Title card of the name of the series, "Shimmering Eyes", bubbly pops up from the bottommost side of the screen, along with the subtitle, "The Bubble Bursting Chapter", and said text stays at the bottommost side, keeping the delightfully swimming Trio well within focus at more than just the top half of the screen*

00:37

"Oshioseteku fuan ga mada kutsuu wo umidashi--
te~"

"Feel the constant, painful sense of apprehension."~

Wriss (the fully carrot orange colored Rick-styled Hamster), Teyin (the fully dark orange colored Nago-styled Cat), and Sirt (the azure colored Coo-styled Owl) are all overlooking the splendor of the ocean under the yellow Mr. Bright-lit night, when the Trio from earlier (Kehtas, Yait, and Kowi) all wash up ashore, presumably unconscious, before their very eyes!

Tobe (the robin egg blue Pitch-styled Bird) runs towards the scene from the left side of the beach, right on time to witness JUST the sight of the Animal Trio crowding over the sunfish, octopus, and Batamon, prompting him to anxiously call out to the Trio, which greatly shocks them all to the point of their eyes shimmering with tears of worry, especially Sirt!

00:44

"Nigetai hodo tsurai toki mo keshi--
te hitori ja naieee~"

"I know I'm not the only one who wants to run from his pain."~

<Kowi> *Awakens quietly until she tries to move her arms, the unexpected aches from which jolt her wide awake with strained wails, leading to her eyes welling with tears!*

<Teyin> *Squeezes the Batamon's sides, intending to eject any liquids he may have injested*

<Wriss> *Horizontally lies down to physically line up with the sunfish and gathers his breath before exhaling said breath inside the sunfish's mouth*

<Sirt> *Tearfully flies towards Tobe, who's now flying towards his friends as quickly as he can, and cries out to him, symbolized by a shaky speech bubble (looming at the top part of the screen, above everyone in the scene) containing the line, "We vow to you on our Shimmering Eyes....!"*

00:49

"Yasashiku tsutsumikomu kaze ga tatakau yuuki~"

"The gentle breeze gives me the strength to fight on,"~

<Tobe> *With Kehtas holding onto his talons, flaps his wings with a bit more speed than usual to safely descend onto the wooden pier*

<Mote the turquoise Waddle Dee with a teal bandanna> ^^ *Waves at the duo who just arrived*

<Kehtas> *Lets go of Tobe's talons upon his feet reaching the road, and soon after letting go, feels Tobe resting atop of his head for a bit* :o

<Mote> *Giggles upon such a sight*

00:55

"Majiri kusuo ga~"

<Tobe> *Just as quickly as he briefly respited atop of Kehtas, he departs upwards into the blue sky with a few clouds here & there*

<Mote> *Cheerfully waves good-bye to the soaring Tobe*

<Kehtas's 1st Person POV> *While waving good-bye to the departing Tobe, he delusionally imagines a light pink Batamon with a tuft of hair on the forehead, cat-like ears, and a straw hat with a blue ring in the middle of it, gracefully floating down from the sky with open arms, eyes, and mouth....*
((AKA, :4kirby: after copying :4jigglypuff:'s ability))

00:59

"genjitsu ni kawaru~"

... Only for said imaginary Batamon to LITERALLY go up in smoke as a sneakily intrusive Wheelie (with a bright red covering) deliberately emits ACTUAL smoke from its exhaust pipes pointed towards the imaginary Batamon.... and a return to the 3rd Person Perspective as both Kehtas & Mote become covered in that smoke as well, causing them to cough (just Kehtas, really??) with their flippers in front of their mouths, also making their closed eyes reflexively shimmer*

01:02

<Kehtas & Mote> *Rather than draining their stamina by attempting to give chase to the Wheelie that is CLEARLY racing circles around them, they hold their ground while standing back-to-back, ADAMANTLY REFUSING to wipe away ANY of their free-flowing tears, which allows them to INTENSELY focus on WHERE the Wheelie currently is AND is going to be at!*

01:05

te~"

*Camera Angle switches to a 1st person view from both of their perspectives, changing to the other as the Wheelie races out of sight of one of them, whose visions are DEFINITELY blurry from the tears still nestling in their eyes, yet are able to actually keep up with the Wheelie's movements (when within their viewpoints, that is)!*

01:08

<Wheelie> *FINALLY drives towards Mote!*

<Mote> *Grasps Kehtas's left flipper with her right flipper, allowing her to keep facing the Wheelie charging towards her as she makes a daring leap towards the Wheelie, with Kehtas in flipper behind her!*

<Kehtas> *Is completely caught off-guard by her sudden jump timing, causing him to panic scream aloud as he is lifted into the air by Mote!*

01:11

"Nichijou wo tobikoe~"

"Break free of your normal life~"

<Mote> *Lands on the Wheelie's covering, feet-first, and then firmly seats herself & grabs the left handle with her left flipper before letting go of Kehtas to grab the right handle*

<Kehtas> *Lands on top of Mote's head, head-first, and then tightly clings onto the tied back portion of her bandanna for dear life, as his whole body is helplessly flopping about in the air!*

<Mote & Kehtas> *Both leave a stream of tears in their wake as they drive down the wooden pier on the Wheelie!*

01:14

"Noore no karada to sono subete wo~"

"Your body, your mind, and all that you are"~

*Camera switches to a horizontal semi-close-up of Wriss late at night, sitting at his desk with various open books at his sides and a jumbled collection of seemingly random thought bubbles floating around in the air around him, containing both visuals and words hovering over his head, as he bewilderingly frowns with his head facing down at what APPEARS to be a written report with several sentences already written on it, which he moves onto one of the open books.*

His frown gradually flips upside down as he sheds tears onto the desk itself, which is also when the hovering thought bubbles begin to connect and fuse with each other to form a coherent mental image with complete sentences.

01:17

"Sonzai igai was sasenai~"

"cannot free you from your existence."~

*Camera switches to Teyin bartending at Steins;Keep, where he is mournfully gazing at a teary-eyed turquoise Waddle Dee with a teal bandanna (a female named Mote), who was shakily ABOUT to absorb ((Thanks anime, for showing off how Waddle Dees consume food & drink~ XD)) a non-alcoholic cocktail called Cinderella (orange + lemon + pineapple juices + ice), only to regretfully put down the glass to the side and climb atop of the counter to firmly hug Teyin (who hugs her back), the both of them now openly weeping*

01:20

"Sora wo tobenakatta nagai hiyou wa sekai wo miryou suru~"

"Those long days of halted flight throw your worthless life into sharp relief."~

*Camera switches to Sirt carefully tending to one of Tobe's wings, which Tobe forlornly stares at with Shimmering Eyes of nervousness as Sirt tests its movement ranges. Upon making certain movements with Tobe's wing, Sirt empathetically winces as sudden jolts of pain are triggered within Tobe, causing him to yelp aloud as his eyes transition from Shimmering to Raining!*

<Sirt> *With Shimmering Eyes of his own (due to empathetically hearing Tobe's pained yelps that he technically DID cause to an extent) and a determined look of concern, he positions his own wings at ground level, so Tobe can walk on top of them, and then he lifts him up onto the top of his own head*

<Tobe> *Sports a strained smile as he lets his tears trickle down his cheeks without wiping away any of them, as he hangs onto Sirt with his good wing*

01:26 to 01:29 (THE END)

*Camera angle pans upwards as Sirt cautiously soars into the early moonlit distance with Tobe atop his head*

OP END!
Wow. You clearly put a lot of effort into that. You know, half the time I am always thinking of my own Kirby head canon and fan-based Kirby universe. I should really right it down into a proper fanfic just so that I can visualize my thoughts and fine tune.

And on the matter of anime openings, if I ever "made" one, I'd probably just find a to revamp the opening for Kirby Right Back At Ya. I mean just watch this:

Simply CLASSIC. If there's one thing 4Kids did right it was anime openings.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 I know I did ask about this once, but if you ever have the time(or want to, it's your choice, I just believe your the best to do this) Can you make a thread where we talk about 1 of kirbys moves for a couple days?

In the Zelda boards, they did a thread where they talked about 1 move for like 2 days, then they made everyone who commented on that move give a score of 1-5 at the end of their opinions of the move. 5 being fantastic, 1 being horrible(sometimes 3.5's and stuff were allowed)

I'd like that to happen here to give the boards a little more discussion ya know? Btw when we talked about Zeldas moves, we DIDNT compare them to other characters(no matter how difficult) we just talked about the move itself.

I would love to have something like this, I wouldn't really be good at doing this at all, but I think you are the absolute best for this, again, that is if you don't mind. :4kirby:

Pretty please with a Pink Puffball on top :)

Also t!MmY t!MmY seems to be also another good choice if you can't do it. I hope someone can.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
Can someone create some threads for me? I'm thinking a really good pair of jeans, a nice logo-tee, and maybe a cute knit sweater for when it's cold in the theater and stuff.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Are you not able to create new threads?
I can.....I really don't consider myself a good choice for something like this at all, I mean if I were to do it, I'd want it to look good and add pictures of the moves, leave quotes of peoples comments in the OP.....yea I doubt even I wouldn't screw up the pictures(where they can be found)
I am more of the, having a creative mind, but being a lazy, non-confident guy......or kid.
I just don't trust myself, I know I'd screw it up badly and I hate for that to happen.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I just don't trust myself, I know I'd screw it up badly and I hate for that to happen.
Building confidence in oneself starts with commitment. Learning new things starts by taking the first step. Getting things done the way you want takes action.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Alright then, if I'm free tomorrow after school, I'll try and make the thread.

But for future references, how do I do that thing where people put like a spoiler tag that people can click on? I want to put quotes in them when I need it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Alright then, if I'm free tomorrow after school, I'll try and make the thread.

But for future references, how do I do that thing where people put like a spoiler tag that people can click on? I want to put quotes in them when I need it.
Do [ Spoiler ] with no spaces, type your text in, then do [ /spoiler ] with no spaces to end it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For future reference, you can use the [plain] tag if you don't want any BB codes that are between them to function.

Example: [plain][spoiler][/spoiler][/plain]

Result: [spoiler][/spoiler]

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Sorry I don't exactly know what you mean by BB code :(
But yea, I relooked and....yea it's a little strange.

Basically I just want to put quotes of people's comments about each move into the spoiler thing, so it doesn't take up too much room.
I hope you can help make it more clear for me as....I don't have a quick mind in the slightest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry I don't exactly know what you mean by BB code :(
But yea, I relooked and....yea it's a little strange.

Basically I just want to put quotes of people's comments about each move into the spoiler thing, so it doesn't take up too much room.
I hope you can help make it more clear for me as....I don't have a quick mind in the slightest.
http://smashboards.com/help/bb-codes

You can refer to that link to learn more.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Non-Smash Bros related question. What's your favorite Kirby song? For such a charming series, it produces a lot of epic tracks. I personally can't even decide on an all time favorite though one my high ranking ones is easily the phase 1 battle theme from Magalor's fight in Kirby Returns to Dreamland:

Then you got the cool Dark Meta Knight remix from Triple Deluxe:

As well as the blissful remix of the forest them in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse:

What are yours?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Non-Smash Bros related question. What's your favorite Kirby song? For such a charming series, it produces a lot of epic tracks. I personally can't even decide on an all time favorite though one my high ranking ones is easily the phase 1 battle theme from Magalor's fight in Kirby's Return to Dream Land:

Then you got the cool Dark Meta Knight remix from Triple Deluxe:

As well as the blissful remix of the forest them in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse:

What are yours?
I'm not entirely certain of my favourite. The Rainbow Curse version of Candy Constellation is up there.
Same for Soul of Sectonia
P.S. It's Magolor, instead of Magalor. The Dream Land Social is pretty adamant of that.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely certain of my favourite. The Rainbow Curse version of Candy Constellation is up there.
Same for Soul of Sectonia
P.S. It's Magolor, instead of Magalor. The Dream Land Social is pretty adamant of that.
Whoops. Also nice picks. Soul of Sectonia ranks high with me too.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
It makes me sad to say but recently on the Kirby boards I feel like
there's been a lot of topics that haven't been directly related to smash 4.
Not sure if this is because discussion has mainly shifted to the
Discord group or what but, is anyone here still taking Kirby super seriously
in terms of advancing his gameplay or has everyone basically moved on to beefing
up their secondary characters because Kirby as a character looks so lackluster now?

TimG57867

Smash Ace
It makes me sad to say but recently on the Kirby boards I feel like
there's been a lot of topics that haven't been directly related to smash 4.
Not sure if this is because discussion has mainly shifted to the
Discord group or what but, is anyone here still taking Kirby super seriously
in terms of advancing his gameplay or has everyone basically moved on to beefing
up their secondary characters because Kirby as a character looks so lackluster now?
If you want a serious post check out my latest post in the Bayonetta matchup thread.

Also haven't really been getting a lackluster vibe from Kirby either. He could be much better but thanks to his buffs in 1.1.3 I feel he's workable now. At the moment, I am home for Spring break and have finally gotten around to putting serious work on the Anthers Ladder. Currently the #15 Kirby and hoping to get Gold before I return to college and the season resets. And when I return to college we're gonna have what I'm expecting to be a big tourney there since it'll actually have a prize. I have been able to take games of top guy on our campus (a :4peach:) so I am feeling much better than last time. If I can get enough Wii U practice while home and polish my co-mains by then I should be able to take it.

Also I'd love to expand metagame discussion. Namely picking activity with the matchup thread but I didn't make it. Do you need a mod to shift ownership? Seriously, I'd love to take over. Even with college I am sure I could make new ones each week. SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 , would you mind if we contacted a mod about this? There's actually several random threads about matchups that I'd love to recycle the content from into proper ones for the database.

Last edited:

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
Hello guys. There are some good Kirby players in my region who I'm having a tough time playing against as ZSS. Could any Kirby players give me some advice on how to DI his combos (Stuff like Grab > Forward throw > D-Air > Grab again) and general Kirby match up advice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Also I'd love to expand metagame discussion. Namely picking activity with the matchup thread but I didn't make it. Do you need a mod to shift ownership? Seriously, I'd love to take over. Even with college I am sure I could make new ones each week. SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 , would you mind if we contacted a mod about this? There's actually several random threads about matchups that I'd love to recycle the content from into proper ones for the database.
I can definitely try.
Hello guys. There are some good Kirby players in my region who I'm having a tough time playing against as ZSS. Could any Kirby players give me some advice on how to DI his combos (Stuff like Grab > Forward throw > D-Air > Grab again) and general Kirby match up advice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
The thing with Kirby is that he has a crazy amount of true combos, strings, and frametraps. In general, fastfallers tend to have this the worst. ZSS does have a bit of a saving grace, though, what with Boost Kick being a thing if the Kirby in question gets greedy with stacking up damage. Regardless, your best is N-Air in terms of spacing Kirby, it hits Kirby regardless of crouch, it is very safe on shield when spaced even remotely right, and if it does hit, ZSS can put Kirby in serious trouble with the #1 advantage state in the game (or, #2, cuz Bayo). F-Tilt is also really good for spacing and just tacking on damage and D-Smash is something that Kirby has to respect.

ZSS really wants to put herself in advantage state as soon as possible, as well as taking full advantage of Kirby's abysmal air speed to juggle him to death %s. The challenge is that the number of mistakes should be minimized, since Kirby does have the frame data to punish ZSS doing something that leaves her susceptible. Hope that it helps.

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
The thing with Kirby is that he has a crazy amount of true combos, strings, and frametraps. In general, fastfallers tend to have this the worst. ZSS does have a bit of a saving grace, though, what with Boost Kick being a thing if the Kirby in question gets greedy with stacking up damage. Regardless, your best is N-Air in terms of spacing Kirby, it hits Kirby regardless of crouch, it is very safe on shield when spaced even remotely right, and if it does hit, ZSS can put Kirby in serious trouble with the #1 advantage state in the game (or, #2, cuz Bayo). F-Tilt is also really good for spacing and just tacking on damage and D-Smash is something that Kirby has to respect.

ZSS really wants to put herself in advantage state as soon as possible, as well as taking full advantage of Kirby's abysmal air speed to juggle him to death %s. The challenge is that the number of mistakes should be minimized, since Kirby does have the frame data to punish ZSS doing something that leaves her susceptible. Hope that it helps.
Thank you for answering my question that helps out a lot. :).

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Has anyone else here played The Amazing Mirror? I think it's an underrated Kirby game. Despite the major change in design (It's pretty much Kirby's take on the Metroid formula), I found it to be a pretty enjoyable game. Granted, it is one of the more tedious games in the series from my experience, but I found it to be pretty good overall.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Has anyone else here played The Amazing Mirror? I think it's an underrated Kirby game. Despite the major change in design (It's pretty much Kirby's take on the Metroid formula), I found it to be a pretty enjoyable game. Granted, it is one of the more tedious games in the series from my experience, but I found it to be pretty good overall.
I have. My main gripe with that game comes from not the game, but the emulator I used (as I only became a Kirby fan... 359 days ago. March 9th was my first game, which was the first game. Also, I don't have a Wii U). You see, I played on a laptop. The laptop used to type this message. If I actually had a good way to play that game, I would probably like that game more. Right now though... Triple Deluxe is my favourite Kirby game.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEW KIRBY GAME ANNOUNCED!!:

To give a brief overview, Popstar is gonna get invaded by some alien menace that aims to mechanize the planet. And now Kirby will set off to quell them, but this time with the ability to commandeer and control mechas that do the copying for him! Popstar getting invaded by race of foes is always a concept I wanted HAL to play with and as a bonus it looks Meta Knight BACK IN ACTION alongside a what appears to be a new cohort. Alas, it seems we won't be seeing Animal Friends or Adeliene but that was to be expected. I was wondering if we'd get another Kirby on 3DS and it looks like the answer is yes. To say that I am interested would be an understatement. Hope the story is as good or better than Triple Deluxe's!

EDIT: Sweet mother this image is big...

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEW KIRBY GAME ANNOUNCED!!:

To give a brief overview, Popstar is gonna get invaded by some alien menace that aims to mechanize the planet. And now Kirby will set off to quell them, but this time with the ability to commandeer and control mechas that do the copying for him! Popstar getting invaded by race of foes is always a concept I wanted HAL to play with and as a bonus it looks Meta Knight BACK IN ACTION alongside a what appears to be a new cohort. Alas, it seems we won't be seeing Animal Friends or Adeliene but that was to be expected. I was wondering if we'd get another Kirby on 3DS and it looks like the answer is yes. To say that I am interested would be an understatement. Hope the story is as good or better than Triple Deluxe's!

EDIT: Sweet mother this image is big...
We are deescussing it over in the Dream Land Social. It's amazing. Here's hoping for some good music.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And his new "Poison" hat seems like it could easily make for a new dash attack. He jumps up, leans back and rides a wave of toxic water, which could translate into a move that would last as long as the button was held (probably with a maximum cap) and would leave a damaging trail behind that would fade away during the end lag. All of Kirby himself would be vulnerable but his feet, which would have a 1% hitbox to prevent him from travelling through foes and gooping them that way.
The move would allow him to escape without much chance to be pursued or to push foes off the ledge and into a potential edgeguard but would also be risky as he would not move fast or come out of it especially quickly and would still be almost entirely hurtbox.

Top Bottom