• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby meet Tier List

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Is R.O.B. a bad match-up to Kirby?

And I can't beleive a Kirby lost to a Dedede, what a shame.[/tease]

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have you seen a good G&W play? O_O I went to a tournament today, and like at least 25% of the time you could see at least 1 G&W on one of the tvs. He was everywhere, I'm so sick of hearing his annoying noises. Not to mention getting owned by his annoying aerials.

Anyway, Gonzo, I did ok in the tourney. I was of course the only Kirby there, and I think people were pretty impressed, but it was my first time playing people irl, and they were far better than most I've played on wifi, so I definitely did not win. I did pretty well though :) Sadly, I didn't have any videos of me taken. I know some of the others did, so when they post them I'll link them since you wanted to see how the midwest plays.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175497 is the link to the thread for this tourney, you may recognize some of the names there. I got the honor of playing Anther, Overswarm, Blood_hawk and Samuraipanda, among many others.

It makes me happy that Anther, a Pikachu, won the tourney 8) I lost to Dedede (though I shouldn't have...) and ROB (ftl)
Asdioh impressed a lot of really good smashers with his Kirby. You guys should definitely stick with Kirby because it's clear that the character has a LOT of untapped potential.

Asdioh, we should smash this week. I'll get Bloodhawk to come down for it too.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen a good G&W play? O_O I went to a tournament today, and like at least 25% of the time you could see at least 1 G&W on one of the tvs. He was everywhere, I'm so sick of hearing his annoying noises. Not to mention getting owned by his annoying aerials.

Anyway, Gonzo, I did ok in the tourney. I was of course the only Kirby there, and I think people were pretty impressed, but it was my first time playing people irl, and they were far better than most I've played on wifi, so I definitely did not win. I did pretty well though :) Sadly, I didn't have any videos of me taken. I know some of the others did, so when they post them I'll link them since you wanted to see how the midwest plays.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175497 is the link to the thread for this tourney, you may recognize some of the names there. I got the honor of playing Anther, Overswarm, Blood_hawk and Samuraipanda, among many others.

It makes me happy that Anther, a Pikachu, won the tourney 8) I lost to Dedede (though I shouldn't have...) and ROB (ftl)

yeah last week i went to a tourney and got 7th using kirby
only 50 ppl went there tho which isnt that bad i guess
darkrain destroyed ever1 with dk but i lost to a mk and rob
thats y i always ask about rob i can never manage to beat him lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is R.O.B. a bad match-up to Kirby?

And I can't beleive a Kirby lost to a Dedede, what a shame.[/tease]
Yeah...my john for losing to that Dedede is that he was one of those guys that got really "into" the game if you know what I mean, so I was kinda scared of what might happen if I beat him :p

Asdioh impressed a lot of really good smashers with his Kirby. You guys should definitely stick with Kirby because it's clear that the character has a LOT of untapped potential.

Asdioh, we should smash this week. I'll get Bloodhawk to come down for it too.
woo. Maybe I will...an opportunity to train on Bloodhawk will be fun, particularly since he's a Lucario player, and there aren't many of them.

You're weird, and possibly a serial killer.
LOL.

@Gonzo: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Sliq111&p=r is a link to a guy's youtube videos, the ones titled "smash and coffee" are from the tournament. /shrug
Edit: actually, just type in "smash and coffee" (with the quotation marks) and you'll get a lot of results. It should give you an idea of how some of the better players around here are. Slightly biased though, as they mostly involve one guy, and I think he mains Bowser. Which is cool 8)

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Good **** guys! I'm gonna really start uping my game these next two weeks b4 the next C3, hopefully i'll get some new vids up then.

Thnx for the vids Asdioh. Also no Johns for losing to a DDD! lol JP

btw, that is the best SIG ever!!!!!!

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was spelt no "johns."

Actually, losing to a DDD isn't so bad, the fat thing has too much power, I myself have smashed a Kirby with a fully charged Fsmash, poor thing...

K2Z

Smash Rookie
I start to wonder if CF's placement on that list is a joke. Can Ganon seriously be better than him?

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
CF is terrible. And he's expected to be better than he is because how **** he was in melee. it takes someone very very very dedicated to be able to even compete in tournaments, much less with with CF. Ganon has good ko potential compared to CF. He builds damage faster, and is just all around better. CF is pretty much a turd now.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
CF is terrible. And he's expected to be better than he is because how **** he was in melee. it takes someone very very very dedicated to be able to even compete in tournaments, much less with with CF. Ganon has good ko potential compared to CF. He builds damage faster, and is just all around better. CF is pretty much a turd now.
Captain Falcon is the man.

Do you think anyone wants a Knee to the face while he's wearing these bad boys?
Forget about it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He can knee Kirby in the mouth and get a faceful of where is ur God now! lol that sig is to good
lol thanks.

I actually had a question or statement for this thread...but I forgot what it was. Wait! I remember now.

Have any of you guys ever Inhaled people at a tournament? Do they FREAK OUT?! That's what people at my tourney did. They were like "no!" and started mashing buttons. I was like wtf o.o it's just 6% damage...

Anyway, I have 2 unrelated questions. The first one is about DI. I understand it's "Directional Influence" and it involves which way you make your character move after you get hit, but I always though it was just control stick. I keep hearing something about the C-stick though, somehow it does something to get out of moves? :/ if you could explain a little, or link to a thread, I'd appreciate it.

umm...I know I had another question, but I'm not sure what it was. Unless it was this, which belongs in the Lucas/Ness thread: I was fooling around in a brawl with my little brother, and I was Mario and he was Lucas. I was just spamming Cape 'cause it's fun. Anyway, he used PK Thunder near the edge of FD, and after he was finished casting it, I used my cape on him, causing him to fall off blinking. I dunno if that's a known thing or not, but I did save the replay, so I can upload that part sometime.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
you might have gotten his thunder and not him. or it could have been a messup. I hate mario's cape because they can do it to your final cutter x.x

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
@Gonzo: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Sliq111&p=r is a link to a guy's youtube videos, the ones titled "smash and coffee" are from the tournament. /shrug
Edit: actually, just type in "smash and coffee" (with the quotation marks) and you'll get a lot of results. It should give you an idea of how some of the better players around here are. Slightly biased though, as they mostly involve one guy, and I think he mains Bowser. Which is cool 8)[/QUOTE]

That Bowser's Sliq, Best Ganondorf in the world at the moment and he's now maining Bowser over him.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol thanks.

I actually had a question or statement for this thread...but I forgot what it was. Wait! I remember now.

Have any of you guys ever Inhaled people at a tournament? Do they FREAK OUT?! That's what people at my tourney did. They were like "no!" and started mashing buttons. I was like wtf o.o it's just 6% damage...

Anyway, I have 2 unrelated questions. The first one is about DI. I understand it's "Directional Influence" and it involves which way you make your character move after you get hit, but I always though it was just control stick. I keep hearing something about the C-stick though, somehow it does something to get out of moves? :/ if you could explain a little, or link to a thread, I'd appreciate it.

umm...I know I had another question, but I'm not sure what it was. Unless it was this, which belongs in the Lucas/Ness thread: I was fooling around in a brawl with my little brother, and I was Mario and he was Lucas. I was just spamming Cape 'cause it's fun. Anyway, he used PK Thunder near the edge of FD, and after he was finished casting it, I used my cape on him, causing him to fall off blinking. I dunno if that's a known thing or not, but I did save the replay, so I can upload that part sometime.

Nah, people around here are use to it. And yes C-sticking with the control stick helps ur DI greatly, thats apparently how Azen lives to such hi damage. Also for the cape thing. When a character is caped when they are in the laggy ending phase of their move they can't move till they are hit or hit the ground. thats what happend

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
lol thanks.

Well If you full jump with kirby, and press down on the C-stick twice(ormore) youll fall faster than normally

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well If you full jump with kirby, and press down on the C-stick twice(ormore) youll fall faster than normally
Yes..I know that >_> You can even fastfall with the down on c-stick while doing other moves and stuff.

Sliq plays Ganondorf? I didn't even know...I met him. Best in the world you say? Well, I fought his Bowser, and ..he won. I don't really remember by how much though...I think a lot XD

I tend to underestimate Bowser, since most that I play aren't good, and he's a huge target.

@gonzo: that's what I figured. I just don't understand why it does that...and I was wondering if certains aerials were better for di than others. Just an example, I kinda figured Toon Link's down air with the C stick would help him not go flying off the stage more than some other characters.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
awww y u gotta place so high nao every one will wanna play kirby and i like him bein lower tier cause then people ***** bout me usin a top tier character,i also dont like to use high tier but i love kirby and will never give him up!

noooo stay bak u cant hav him hes my space puff, grrrrr

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
^Lolwut? Wherever I go, people are astounded that Kirby can be good.
heh, same here. I went to my first tourney very recently, and it was my first time playing brawl with people offline, and they were the best opponents I've had, so I couldn't impress them TOO much. But I was the only Kirby there, and people had some nice things to say. I plan on Showing my Moves big time next tourney ;)

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
^Lolwut? Wherever I go, people are astounded that Kirby can be good.
QFT. The last tourney i went to only had me and another person playing as kirby. Needless to say he tried to steal mah colors from me. I WASNT HAVIN NONE OF HIS CRAP so i had to bust a big cap in his ***!

Man its been a while since ive posted anything T_T

Top Bottom