• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby meet Tier List

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
But they gave him the squishy crouch noise in exchange :D
hahahaha that's EXACTLY what I was going to say! I like to mix it up with downupdownup, but also downdowndown moving to the side. It eliminates the "up" noise and just makes it more versatile. I like to tilt the controller sideways and rapid-tap XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i call it crouch walking

maybe we should call it taunt walking???
meh. I call the down-up the "full squish" and the downdowndown the "half-squish" :p

Also:
in the main brawl page in the middle is a link for tourney listings, u can find them thier
I just looked in the midwest...and on August 1/2 there is a tournament IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE. O_O

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
meh. I call the down-up the "full squish" and the downdowndown the "half-squish" :p

Also:

I just looked in the midwest...and on August 1/2 there is a tournament IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE. O_O
after the tourney either in the same thread or one called toureny results copy and paste the link to the results here so we can c. Oh try and get some vids i wanna c how midwest plays

storm92

Smash Ace
This thread is turning into how the Pacific West region forum is.
Completely off-topic, pointless, fun, and the best part- unmoderated.

I love it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This thread is turning into how the Pacific West region forum is.
Completely off-topic, pointless, fun, and the best part- unmoderated.

I love it.
good, good.

Did I mention that I found out about a tournament within walking distance, randomly by checking an internet forum? Small world.

Back on topic...Kirby should actually be a little bit higher on the tier list because he can make squishy sounds. He also FLIES! zomg

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
The tier list is based off big tourney rankings and since their aren't very many Pika's in tourney he doesnt have any tourney results. Pikachu is an amazing character in my opinion with a Foostool to QAC Lock on the entire cast. Thats insane. I think he needs more time and more people to truly bring out his potential.

I thought of him as a MK counter but when i asked the Pika boards they said no. I'm still not convinced.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol tru that, i dont know if u saw the pikachu thread about footstool QAC lock but its basically a jab lock for Pika that works on all characters

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol the only time I play pikachu is when I get him on random, then I just chain quickattacks until I kill myself or I can hit them with a downair... its fun :)

Roller

Smash Legend
I heard the only counter to snake was....

Snake
lmao.

Pika does actually have a slight edge over snake. His aerials are better, QuAC approaching F's up snake and Dsmash does a number on him as well if he is just camping. Just fair down onto him into a Dsmash, takes out SO much of his shield.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I heard the only counter to snake was....

Snake
I once figured that if everyone instaquit when they fought snake, the snake players would get frustrated and pick a new character.

Then I realized that if they were playing for money, that would suck :p

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
My problem is I can never be as confident in any character besides kirby, even in bad matchups. I'd need a character thats a really hard counter to convince me to use it lol.

So instead I just secondary captain falcon just cause every time you get a kill its unbelieveably satisfying =D but I still only use him for fun lol.

I am actually surprised at how easily I can get a falcon pawnch off sometimes too. Just takes a little bit of mindgames. Usually full hopped reverse falcon pawnchs with DI work the best =P RARing falcon pawnchs is too good lol.

Its cool cause that way its like training with weights on when you are fighting someone that isn't as good as you since every single hit requires tons of mindgames for captain falcon. And sweetspotting knees is good practice for spacing =P

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
DDD counters snake, thats y i Second DDD i can stand being uptiltd all the time, its so satisfying to have a tilt thats longer than theres plus DDD has an even better Inhale than Kirby in terms of priority. Hello being even cheaper than normal lol

What u think of the new sig??? the moderators keep making me take off the good ones!

storm92

Smash Ace
I like it.
Yeah, I third DDD just for Snake (Snake SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!) match-ups.
I second Sheik, Pika, and Captain Falcon.
Obviously, one of those is just for shiggles (****s and giggles).

storm92

Smash Ace
Haven't played a MK as Pika, so I couldn't say.
Snake on the other hand I've played in a friendly, and I personally think Pika has the slight advantage there too. Pika can spam just as well to kill some of Snake's explosives, QACs help a lot in approaches, and as RollerKing said up there^^ Fair-->Dsmash acts pretty much as pillaring. He either gets his shield eaten away or gets hit and set up for Pika's aerials, which are much quicker and better.
Thunder kills Snakes recovery too.
Btw, like the new sig, why'd your other account get banned?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i posted a large image of my old signature on three threads and gave me 6 points for bad conduct and 6 points = a ban. So i just got a new account

OverLade

Smash Hero
Kirby doesn't suck that bad against snakes unless they're ultra campy. Utilt and Bair are ****. D3 is the only TRUE snake counter IMO though. He works wonders. :D

L-ectrico

Smash Apprentice
I think Kirby Should be mid tier, hes good, but not that good, and Mario should also be mid. Why is game and watch so high?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think Kirby Should be mid tier, hes good, but not that good, and Mario should also be mid. Why is game and watch so high?
Have you seen a good G&W play? O_O I went to a tournament today, and like at least 25% of the time you could see at least 1 G&W on one of the tvs. He was everywhere, I'm so sick of hearing his annoying noises. Not to mention getting owned by his annoying aerials.

Anyway, Gonzo, I did ok in the tourney. I was of course the only Kirby there, and I think people were pretty impressed, but it was my first time playing people irl, and they were far better than most I've played on wifi, so I definitely did not win. I did pretty well though :) Sadly, I didn't have any videos of me taken. I know some of the others did, so when they post them I'll link them since you wanted to see how the midwest plays.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175497 is the link to the thread for this tourney, you may recognize some of the names there. I got the honor of playing Anther, Overswarm, Blood_hawk and Samuraipanda, among many others.

It makes me happy that Anther, a Pikachu, won the tourney 8) I lost to Dedede (though I shouldn't have...) and ROB (ftl)

Top Bottom