• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby L-canceling glitch?

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Just today, while playing a random CPU match to test some of Diddy Kong's physics and what not, after landing on the ground right before I take his first stock, Kirby made a strange Kirby-like noise, though I can't find it in the sound test. What's more, I was in hitstun as I hit the ground, but after one or more button presses I can't seem to remember, he made that noise, hopped to his feet, and did a f-tilt, all in under half a second immediately after touching the ground. It was on the main platform on the Halberd stage, so it wasn't glitchy uneven terrain. I've concluded that it had to be a glitch, because after watching the replay multiple times, it played out that landing as hitting the ground, doing a "laying attack"?, and continuing the fight as normal. Explanation please?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Not a kirby main, but I play around with him a good bit... but not enough to come up with a half-arsed guess. Would like to see a vid of this if possible. Since you managed to save the replay, find a way to upload it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Just today, while playing a random CPU match to test some of Diddy Kong's physics and what not, after landing on the ground right before I take his first stock, Kirby made a strange Kirby-like noise, though I can't find it in the sound test. What's more, I was in hitstun as I hit the ground, but after one or more button presses I can't seem to remember, he made that noise, hopped to his feet, and did a f-tilt, all in under half a second immediately after touching the ground. It was on the main platform on the Halberd stage, so it wasn't glitchy uneven terrain. I've concluded that it had to be a glitch, because after watching the replay multiple times, it played out that landing as hitting the ground, doing a "laying attack"?, and continuing the fight as normal. Explanation please?
Find someone to upload your vid to youtube, and we'll check it out. I got some theories that have to do with it being a normal Kirby thing that happens, but I can't be sure until I see it. Hope people don't get their hopes up... :dizzy:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
edit: ok, after re-reading it again (carefully, it was confusing if you read quickly) I determined that YOU were Kirby (I thought you were Diddy >_>) and you .... were in hitstun? What % were you at, and what did Diddy Kong hit you with? Was there a banana anywhere nearby, or involved?
And on the replay, it says you did the "get-up attack" from lying on the ground, which was not what you really did?

My first guess was that you started a Dair, in which Kirby makes a sound like "Hup!" before the attack actually starts, and doesn't give lag when you land.
But because you said
Well that's the problem, it doesn't appear in the replay, similar to when people try to save replays with a glitch on the green greens blocks
I'm like :wut:

What is this green green glitch you're talking about?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Uhm, floor tech to Ftilt? What did the Diddy do right before being KOd? Did you exchange hits?

It should appear in the replay though. Were you using any HBC codes?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sounds like a floor tech to me... XD

Of course, the description isn't exactly clear...

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
what happened to you definitely involved a standing tech, but im a bit skeptical about the rest of it until i see a vid. I cant imagine anything else coming after that tech, since the tech alone adds on like .35-.50 secs worth of frames just to do anything afterwards. O_o

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you perform an aerial right before you touch the ground, you can gain control over your character without any Attack Landing Lag. Even if you were launched towards the ground.

Top Bottom