• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
FYI Cutter Dash (horizontal Up-B) consumes one jump -- plan accordingly.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Some things I've found:
- If you dash attack off the edge then if you hold back then you fall straight down but if you hold forward then you continue moving forward; this may have been me having differing distances from the ledge.
- If you swallow Ivy then you get a free solarbeam but you can't recharge so you should just taunt remove it as soon as possible. you can headbang though)
- Dash attack sets up into Solarbeam; I'm playing against CPU's though, which have no DI.
- You take damage while in rock.
- Down Throw CGs........ Again I'm playing against CPU's but it looks like it CGs no matter what.
- I think when you Cutter Dash you have 2 jumps left.
- I think you can DI back and forth when you begin inhaling
- Kirby makes different sounds for his taunts now O.o

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
FYI CPUs now use SDI and can DI tolerably well, and even tech randomly -- nothing amazing but the combos and strings you pull off against them may very well have worked against a human.

Player -0

Smash Hero
FYI CPUs now use SDI and can DI tolerably well, and even tech randomly -- nothing amazing but the combos and strings you pull off against them may very well have worked against a human.
Ok, if so then Ivy Kirby is too good. Imagine Kirby + Ivy in Dubs.
Just camp, quick swallow Ivy near the beginning, each team takes a side of the stage. Ivy can spam Side B and Kirby will duck under the leaves (Can we do that?) and when the opponent jumps then Kirby Solar beam and retreat with Ivy covering. Repeat?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
  • footstool into downb is not only a pretty easy thing, but also a pretty amazing thing that works on ~all of the cast for combo fun
  • SHFF (no l) sideb is pretty god damn safe
  • make your footstool button downtaunt so you can quickly edgecancel it, in case you need to lose a copy quickly

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Has anyone played with Kirby in Turbo, hes so fun!

He has a glitch too, Up-B Cancelling into an aerial attack sends you off the screen, upwards of course.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack is good and goes well with uptilt, but don't over use or you will get smashed in the face. Was playing Marth earlier and he could easily stop it cold with his tilt not to mention kill me with a forward smash. Going to be fun with dash dancing though.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Like what? I haven't really been able to work that move in at all, it confuses me.
you actually can combo from it this time around since it doesnt completely knock the opponent away. Things like

Up B (cutter dash)>Rock>Air hammer works really well if you position it correctly.
UTilt>Utilt>Rock>Nair or Bair works to get folks away pretty decently
Dthrow>Rock slightly knocks enemy away after grab and puts on slight damage
Rock>Nair works everytime
Rock>Fair if they Di upwards

And many other possibilities that are very useful due to its' invincibility frames for start up and due to how fast it hits. It is a great move and i really enjoy using it to its' full extent.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I wanted to make a basic kirby tech video but my capture card killed itself

learn to use footstools you bozos. footstool into downb is free as hell

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
If only I could just do it like brawl, IF ONLY HNNGG. Footstools seem like a pain to do v:
I wanted to make a basic kirby tech video but my capture card killed itself

learn to use footstools you bozos. footstool into downb is free as hell
What would be in said video?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
basically the lists I've been making, among other things

I'm starting to notice just how damned safe a lot of kirby's chunkiest setups can get. going back to land-cancelled sideb: that kills earlier than most of kirby's normal kill moves. the fact that you can make it a completely safe kill option with good SHFF timing is a huge deal

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
basically the lists I've been making, among other things

I'm starting to notice just how damned safe a lot of kirby's chunkiest setups can get. going back to land-cancelled sideb: that kills earlier than most of kirby's normal kill moves. the fact that you can make it a completely safe kill option with good SHFF timing is a huge deal
Put a band-aid on your capture card and put share the info!

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's dash attack off the edge can put him in perfect position (below and opposite side to ledge) to safely absorb Ness's recovery before he can hit himself with it, probably same for Lucas.

Player -0

Smash Hero

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh look I got my capture card working and also I swear to god the okawari track just walked in on its own

not exactly a reflex-like level of huge discoveries, but kirby feels like he's gonna be really, REALLY safe with his kills when you know what you're doing

Player -0

Smash Hero
oh look I got my capture card working and also I swear to god the okawari track just walked in on its own

not exactly a reflex-like level of huge discoveries, but kirby feels like he's gonna be really, REALLY safe with his kills when you know what you're doing
I can see the Projectile Cutter (I DON'T REMEMBER THE WORD WHERE YOU GET THEM TO THINK YOU'RE GOING TO DO SOMETHING; It's called "You ______ people" or something) to fake out opponents and then Cutter Dash.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also something I didn't mention: cutter dashes (is that what we're calling em now? I'm down) can be wavelanded if you hit them too late, so as long as you do that the timing shouldn't be too rough

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Just spam up taunt, there's no weakness for spamming it in midair.
Thumb placement is a weakness. You have to take your thumb off of stick just to do it Man U: I mean, you can change your controls around and stuff but ain't nobody got time for dat. It's a neet trick and all, but I've never seen anyone do it in competitive match. At least not in PM.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
reflex is pretty much the only dude so far to get it on a high-end level, certainly

just put the button in whatever jump button you aren't using, it's safe enough where you'll always be better for it

(and again, use the down-taunt so in the rare case you want to take out a copy ability, you can edge-cancel it and not have to deal with the taunt animation)

B.W.

Smash Champion
None of those was the hammer being land cancelled really. The moves hitbox is going away but it has recovery frames at the end of it when Kirby lands which kind of makes it not a real cancel. There's nothing safe about SHFFing aerial hammer. Granted it's safer than ground hammer, but I also think it has less power in the air. Not too sure about that though.

Player -0

Smash Hero
None of those was the hammer being land cancelled really. The moves hitbox is going away but it has recovery frames at the end of it when Kirby lands which kind of makes it not a real cancel. There's nothing safe about SHFFing aerial hammer. Granted it's safer than ground hammer, but I also think it has less power in the air. Not too sure about that though.
Ground Hammer is super fast, I think you might be able to set up using Downthrow.

Thumb placement is a weakness. You have to take your thumb off of stick just to do it Man U: I mean, you can change your controls around and stuff but ain't nobody got time for dat. It's a neet trick and all, but I've never seen anyone do it in competitive match. At least not in PM.
Take Canon's suggestion of replacing one of the jump buttons, you can also use your right thumb to spam the button while using your left thumb to stalk them in the air. I think footstooling is super good and just isn't abused by pros. It puts the opponent into a free fall state and then I think you can jab reset someone out of it when they bounce off the ground. I think it'll become really good for Jigg users at some point since it sets up for an easy rest.

The best part is that there's pretty much no disadvantage to mashing the button besides being slightly slower with dodging their moves while you correct your thumb placement.

jtm94

Smash Lord
I might try changing my X to down taunt. the problem was I kept changing Z, but I actually use Z for my aerials and grabs. I just think about footstooling too much when I change the button I can't focus because I wanna do it all the time..

Ground hammer is stronger than aerial hammer. Aerial hammer does cancel pretty fast when landed, not sure if lag free, but I consider it viable. And you CAN down throw into side hammer with pretty legitimate effectiveness.

B.W.

Smash Champion
That doesn't make sense. Timing something correctly doesn't make it faster.

Also F-Smash has faster start up and probably less recovery than ground hammer

Also it's not the start up that makes ground hammer risky. It's the end lag. The start up is long enough to react to which is bad, and the move takes a good bit of time to recover. Miss and you will get hurt for it.

Top Bottom