• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also: moving between platforms. cutter dash's hitbox conveniently covers entirely under you, so it's safe(r than other options) when maneuvering on PS2

Ginge

Smash Ace
I find pulling off the reverse versions of Final Cutter and Cutter Dash slightly harder than the forward ones. I might just be crazy and imagining it. Also, people (noobs) might not know it's reversible TO spam it.

SSS

Smash Ace
So playing ZSS the other day, her copy ability is amazing right now. Like Kirby with ZSS' stun gun makes the matchup stupid hard for ZSS because normal shots paralyze. It's fun.

On the other hand, Samus' blast has a lot of weird stuff that happens to it. I've lost fully charged shots for no reason before.
Kirby has many grab mixups on ZSS using her gun. It just adds so much more into his dthrow techchase game. I'm pretty sure against ZSS forward throw combos into blaster at certain percents.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It'll be changed very soon I'm sure. I kind of hope that's the case too because it's seriously OP right now.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
That was an oversight on my part. The blaster shots will match zss.

I am sorry if any edits to the hats in the patch come off as nerfs. They are simply oversights on my part. I worked on almost every hat over the last year. As shell said in the FAQ, it's very time consuming and difficult to edit the hats how we want. If a hat seems to be completely unedited from brawl (such as pit's) it's most likely because I was getting tired of how much work I had to do in order to edit them and decided the hat was good enough at that point. To be honest, if you think one of the hats that seems unedited should be changed in some way, please let me know.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, if you think one of the hats that seems unedited should be changed in some way, please let me know.

Besides the few glitches that several of us have found, the hats that I feel need the most attention in terms of buffing are the following:

1. Sonic: It has none of the important properties of Sonic's new B move. It's really bad currently.

2. Ice Climber: This move is completely inferior to the Ice Climber's in every aspect. It does less damage, the icicle is smaller, and there is no hitbox on the hammer. Furthermore it wouldn't help since the Ice Climbers always shoot two at once. For how difficult it is to get the Ice Climber's projectile and how difficult the MU was (I can't say how the MU is now) I propose that this move is way stronger than the original. Firstly it should be able to do more damage than the Ice Climber's and it should be able to at least cancel both of the projectiles.

3. Olimar: Currently this move is very weak. You can only use it on the ground and you get a random Pikmin which all have different throw trajectories making it extremely difficult to use. I think it would be fair if they all had the same trajectory, but have the same effects as the ones that Olimar has.

4. Yoshi: This move has really short range and doesn't seem very effective at all. I personally think it would be much better to just replace it with Yoshi's UP B.

5. Diddy Kong: The trajectory should be adjusted slightly and I believe someone mentioned that you can't cancel it as early.

6. Marth: I feel that this ability is way too weak to close the gap between the MU. Kirby could really benefit from something to help against Marth's superior range or superior speed.

7. Zelda: I feel it should be buffed in some way, though I don't know how.

Although I mentioned this before in the previous thread, I felt that I should post it here in response to your request.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I think the ice climbers power should be blizzard, but that's just me.

Grenades should get the P:M trajectory.

Squirtle's watergun should not be the awful brawl watergun.

Also jigg's rollout is crap, I'm not sure why they changed it from the brawl rollout which was actually better (besides causing jiggs to destroy all)

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
i didn't change rollout at all from brawl haha. what about the watergun is awful? not doing dmg up close or what
I'm pretty sure rollout did change, special fall and all. Yeah, I was just talking about the damage with water gun.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
well, apart from the special fall i mean
well yeah, apart from special fall it was the same, but no special fall in brawl made a huge difference, you could attack offstage with it or use it to recover (while not aiming right at the edge) and not suicide automatically.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Water gun vs Squirtle is actually pretty good because of Squirtles kind of bad recovery. You can easily stop him from sweetspotting the stage because all it does is push him

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
That was an oversight on my part. The blaster shots will match zss.

I am sorry if any edits to the hats in the patch come off as nerfs. They are simply oversights on my part. I worked on almost every hat over the last year. As shell said in the FAQ, it's very time consuming and difficult to edit the hats how we want. If a hat seems to be completely unedited from brawl (such as pit's) it's most likely because I was getting tired of how much work I had to do in order to edit them and decided the hat was good enough at that point. To be honest, if you think one of the hats that seems unedited should be changed in some way, please let me know.

Metaknight's hat version of tornado is way better compared to metaknights actual B move. I hope this is fixed, it feels like cheating to use it.

Also, were kirbys eyes always green when wearing metaknights hat?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
The tornado length will match MK. We didn't change the MK hat model/textures at all so I'd assume the green eyes were in brawl too.

Awesome on the length change! Ya i never noticed the the mask eyes the whole time i played brawl, but then again i didn't pick up kirby until a few days ago...and can't stop using him, he's awesome.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yo, could someone help me out ant explain to me how to do the "edge-canceled cutter dash"

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...ok so I may or may not be going mental but I landed a dthrow on a fox right at the ledge and they just

sailed down. I don't even think they could recover from it. could someone confirm this for me, getting into that grab position w/ a CPU isn't easy

Player -0

Smash Hero
...ok so I may or may not be going mental but I landed a dthrow on a fox right at the ledge and they just

sailed down. I don't even think they could recover from it. could someone confirm this for me, getting into that grab position w/ a CPU isn't easy
I feel like I've heard that somewhere before. Either from Melee, Brawl, or even P:M. They might be able to DI onto the stage like Fox's D-Throw though.

Either way not sure.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935

Yep, that's a thing. A very fun thing. I'm not sure if they can recover though.

jtm94

Smash Lord
So Kirby's dash attack is too good in that it can't be crouch-cancelled, shield grabbed, has near nonexistent endlag, goes obscenely far, goes incredibly fast, combos into ftilt or fsmash, and pretty much forces the opponent to change their playstyle entirely.

Has this already been addressed? I've played legitimately decent people and I can get by by just dash dancing and using dash attack to punish anything then combo for things I shouldn't have got. And they can't punish it on-shield.

I used to be excited because it was so good, but now it isn't fun anymore.

Player -0

Smash Hero
So Kirby's dash attack is too good in that it can't be crouch-cancelled, shield grabbed, has near nonexistent endlag, goes obscenely far, goes incredibly fast, combos into ftilt or fsmash, and pretty much forces the opponent to change their playstyle entirely.

Has this already been addressed? I've played legitimately decent people and I can get by by just dash dancing and using dash attack to punish anything then combo for things I shouldn't have got. And they can't punish it on-shield.

I used to be excited because it was so good, but now it isn't fun anymore.
SH aerial?

jtm94

Smash Lord
A move with few shortcomings? Shine?
That's a completely different argument I would talk about elsewhere.

This is me as Kirby complaining that a move feels "too easy." Everything else is amazing. I love 3.0 Kirby, bair puts in work, footstool edgeguards, utilt juggles, etc.

Player -0

Smash Hero

This is me as Kirby complaining that a move feels "too easy." Everything else is amazing. I love 3.0 Kirby, bair puts in work, footstool edgeguards, utilt juggles, etc.
Just put a move out, if you hard read Kirby then F-Smash, else fair or something.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢

I know what you mean. The move feels too broken. As a Kirby main myself, I feel the move should be nerfed slightly. Im not sure what they could do to it... maybe make it slightly slower.

Anyway, Im back wth more technology. (This one was probably already found). With the new grounded Cutter Dash, it makes it easier, but on stages with slopes (Yoshi's, Lylat, Seige, Rumble, Skyloft, Halberd, etc.) you can shorten the dash, which can put a mindgame on your opponent. The move has basically no lag when it cancels into the slope meaning you can do anything out of it, (grab, inhale, hammer, etc.). This can be mixed up with a slightly higher Cutter Dash, or even a normal FC to make it really unpredictabe.

Top Bottom