• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby and Smash Decay..

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Well, some dude named saviorslegacy discovered Smash Decay combos with Sheik, and as such, I was wondering if Kirby as any combos/strings with any stale moves

What combos can kirby do with Smash Decay(Stale Moves)?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Before the lock, is it possible to stale out either the FThrow or UTilt in order to guarantee the Gonzo combo? I was thinking that towards the end of stocks (before the UThrow kills), Kirby could try and stale out the FThrow so that he can get a guaranteed Gonzo combo when the opponent respawns.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Before the lock, is it possible to stale out either the FThrow or UTilt in order to guarantee the Gonzo combo? I was thinking that towards the end of stocks (before the UThrow kills), Kirby could try and stale out the FThrow so that he can get a guaranteed Gonzo combo when the opponent respawns.
Doesn't sound too promising. =\

Going for continuous grabs just to decay a move is... a bad strategy, for any character. Plus, you'd have to KO with something, and that would reduce decay.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Even if that did work Skyshroud, that would do pretty much **** damage, not to mention they could probably still SDI the Uair.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You guys don't need to be "inb4lock" for every topic. :/

This topic is fine for discussing how to utilize stale moves with Kirby, which is something this board really hasn't spent too much time with. So I'm encouraging you all to use this thread for that type of research. :p

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Doesn't sound too promising. =\

Going for continuous grabs just to decay a move is... a bad strategy, for any character. Plus, you'd have to KO with something, and that would reduce decay.
I'm not promoting just going for grabs. But if you do get one, I was proposing that instead of throwing out a different throw for more damage at the time, if you just used the FThrow, it might be possible to land the Gonzo combo without your opponent being able to SDI it.

However, as fromundaman pointed out, it probably wouldn't do all that much damage (compared to 38% fresh), and probably still can be SDI'ed. Oh well, just a thought. At the very least it would make the opponent really have to stay on his toes moreso than normal to avoid it.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
You guys don't need to be "inb4lock" for every topic. :/

This topic is fine for discussing how to utilize stale moves with Kirby, which is something this board really hasn't spent too much time with. So I'm encouraging you all to use this thread for that type of research. :p
lol.

I don't know if there is much to discuss though, Xiivi. It isn't as if Kirby has a move that he can spam enough to get noticeable decay results from... at least not without getting a smash attack to the face. D:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, I disagree. Utilt and Dthrow can both be useful decayed. Utilt because it combos better, and Dthyrow because it means I don't have to chase them so far and, again, it combos better at high %s.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Meh, I disagree. Utilt and Dthrow can both be useful decayed. Utilt because it combos better, and Dthyrow because it means I don't have to chase them so far and, again, it combos better at high %s.

Fair enough. Still, I don't know what we could discover in the realm of practicality for knowing and trying to get a set decay for "x" combo to work. Decay requires that we hit our target, so there is already a factor that isn't in our favor as well. Eh, maybe if I get into another one of my "I MUST test things!!!" phases...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Let's see I'll count U-Tilt, U-Air, F-Air, D-Air and his Dash as Kirby's best Stale Moves, (I could be wrong). I'm not too familiar with this term, (or many Smash terms for the matter), so I'll need more examples so I don't make myself sound like an idiot, or I'll find out myself.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Bair>reverse ftilt works at very low %s against all characters, although recommended against those that are HARD to grab (like Wario and ICs)...

Bthrow>bair works at low %s against every character, great for setting up edgeguarding+gimping situations if you grab them near the ledges (like, after you return onstage with a ledgehopped airdodge and are staring your opponent in the face). This bair will be a weak bair, since you'll start it before you're actually near your opponent (assures optimum frame damage, meaning that at the exact moment you're in range to hit, it will since bair's hitbox lingers, preventing them from having a frame or two of possible evasion).

Weak bair>reverse grab works at low %s on every character, but is harder to do than bair>reverse ftilt.

All of these are true combos at 0%, and a bit over that... If you consider 2-hitters combos. Always going for grabs at low %s gets predictable really fast, try mixing low % approaches with these. :p

Top Bottom