• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kira's Sheik Videos [vs Zhu, MacD] 5.19.10

soap

Smash Hero
sounds like u just need to work on timing stuff to counter spotdodge.

after they dsmash your shield, u can wavedash grab. if u r slow with this waveshield u may have to wait for a spotdodge

Kira-

Smash Champion
fack ice climbers altough kira makes it seem some what even.
That's cause you didn't see all the times he ***** me =P

He is very predictable, he always rolls off the ledge and such, but I can't punish it for some reason because his downsmash always hits and when downsmash hits you it's unpunishable unless you have very low percent.
If he's predictable, what's the problem? Bait and punish. If you aren't predicting correctly enough then you have to give him credit; he's doing something right that you haven't caught on to yet.

Since I play PAL the ganon can chaingrab me but I can't chaingrab him, but even though the guy banned FD himself and I managed to escape to platforms around 30% or so it was kinda hard.
Lol that's rough

The main problem is the bair of ganon, I don't manage to find a way in after he bairs empty space. All his other attacks are too slow and when I duck he can't do anything, but I need to know how to punish everything better. Any advice?
Usually after a Ganon bairs me, they run back and do another bair or run to a platform, waveland off and bair me again, or just turn around and fair or whatever. In any of those cases, they have to jump, which means you can run up to them and do a quick short hop slap before they start their move. Then, since I play NTSC, it would usually link to a grab (as most people instinctively shield) and I'd 0-death him. But for PAL, I would assume you would continue shield pressuring (probably do another short hop after the initial fair hits) and get him that way. Ganons like to roll and shield grab a lot (not the super pro ones tho) so if your spacing is bad, they'll grab, and if your spacing is good, they'll roll.

umm I guess that doesn't help as to how you punish, but it should be pretty standard considering your play Sheik and Ganon is a big target? Try to get him caught in uptilts and just get him off the stage asap so you can kill him no matter what his percent is.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
But I lost to the same sheik player I lost to in my previous tournament, and I hate it because all he does is spotdodge downsmash. He is very predictable, he always rolls off the ledge and such, but I can't punish it for some reason because his downsmash always hits and when downsmash hits you it's unpunishable unless you have very low percent.
downsmash him back!

and how famous has drephen become from using two moves? LOLZZZZ

Kira-

Smash Champion
So new set vs Zhu

I get ***** but I thought it would be useful to see. I need to dash attack / boost grab under lasers more often but I find it very hard to react to, and dash attacking out of prediction is pretty risky if they're not teching somewhere. But yes that would be the first thing I would aim to fix. Also getting edgeguards but yeah.

Also there is a tournament coming up this weekend but I may not main Sheik anymore for a few reasons (character johns not being one of them.. Sheik is pretty good). So this is probably the end of this thread lol

I also play Little England who is a pretty decent Falco, and MacD (both sets are on the channel), but both sets are pretty sloppy so I would recommend watching me vs Zhu first. Although I don't think it affected my performance at all, I was very sick that day and was playing - differently - until my Nyquil kicked in. I hate using tissues and then having your nose be all irritated from blowing it so much... ugh

MacD also won the tournament lol. If you also play Peach I highly recommend you watch all of his matches against space animals once they are uploaded. Him vs Replicate (might say Joe), Lovage, and Zhu were all really impressive when I was watching them. He ran a train through losers bracket; it was nuts.

MacD

Banned via Administration
one day i'll learn the sheik match up i swear

also, get at my non FC attacks kira, if i had remembered how to float cancel anything against you it woulda been done lollololololololol

Kira-

Smash Champion
Whoa there. Delivery is key man. You gotta use the same words or you'll butcher the meaning, like the way you just did. If you said to tell macd you wanted a ride and i told him you wanted to ride him would you appreciate that?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Whoa there. Delivery is key man. You gotta use the same words or you'll butcher the meaning, like the way you just did. If you said to tell macd you wanted a ride and i told him you wanted to ride him would you appreciate that?
I know I'd be laughing.

And appreciate you making me laugh.

ROFL

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kira ask me to ask you since his laptop broke.

Why do you love him? =D
He punishes mistakes really well, even without super homo tech chasing. I like how he gimps, I like how he moves onstage, and I think he's a lot better with needles than I am. He also seems more careful in general; I get to impatient and become really anxious to hit them quickly, but he seems very collected comparatively.

As an added bonus, his style is really different than Lucien's. So it gives me a nice, refreshing change of pace for my video watching :]

soap

Smash Hero
i think he's better than lucien.

but I like watching lucien more.

I don't really care who wins i want trix

DJMirror

Smash Master
Sorry my bad.

I know I'd be laughing.

And appreciate you making me laugh.

ROFL
After reading that part again. I couldn't laughing. Even now.

lol, idk why i'm still subscribed to this thread but good laughs
Same here

Top Bottom