• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board (NEW challege system!)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Sure, I'll add you, but I won't be able to play right away. I got to attend a birthday party! My sister's party. :bee: I'm gonna take the most out of I can from that ice cream cake. :chuckle:

Btw: are you going to be playing Link or Samus? Just wondering is all.

I'll add you and blu when I get home from work today.

Also I'll probably just switch between the two unless you wanna ditto, which is fine.

QingXin

Smash Cadet
I'll play someone if I have time... Just PM me, so we can discuss times or something :p :p

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
New York City/currently in Los Angeles (college)
Hey everyone. I really wanna play a top-level guy. I've been maining Link since brawl came out, but only really got better when I joined smashboards about 3 weeks ago. Im clearly better than I was before, but there is a ton of room for improvement. I've seen alot of videos and read all the guides and put them into practice. Now, i just wanna see where i stack up against the elite, and try to get better.

I'd really appreciate if i could get some matches goin. Wifi code is on the side, and im usually able to play whenever anyone is ready.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I really wanna play a top-level guy. I've been maining Link since brawl came out, but only really got better when I joined smashboards about 3 weeks ago. Im clearly better than I was before, but there is a ton of room for improvement. I've seen alot of videos and read all the guides and put them into practice. Now, i just wanna see where i stack up against the elite, and try to get better.

I'd really appreciate if i could get some matches goin. Wifi code is on the side, and im usually able to play whenever anyone is ready.
Hey slick i just have a few comments/suggestions for you. I don't think you need to go up against elite players in order to determine where you stand. Just keep playing Link mains better than yourself to learn new strategies/tactics and also play other mains in order to gain matchup knowledge (as well as gaining an appreciation for spacing).

However, if you really want to play elite players I think the best way to do so is to personally pm them as some players do not want to accept challenges here since results are posted. Good luck.

**Records have been updated**

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Lol Ich....

I won all the matches on counterpick stages...

You won almost all the matches on neutral stages...

I'll be laughing in my sleep tonight.....

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Anyone up for a match?

Also @ slickvic

1. Needs a little more tech-chasing, and spacing. You rarely used zair to get me out of your face so I just kept racking up the damage.

2. About the tech-chasing, I mean using traps with projectiles to force a certain reaction from me, so you can punish.

3. You keep the same style every single game, it just took me a bit of concentrating to learn to dodge it, predict your movements, and punish accordingly.

Now I know most of our matches were close, but near the end it seemed almost like you were panicking to get that last kill to win, just stay calm and keep playing it's not over until its over.

Also hop your boomerang throws a bit more, I find it harder to punish then land-thrown rangs.

Hope I helped a littled :)

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Lol Ich....

I won all the matches on counterpick stages...

You won almost all the matches on neutral stages...

I'll be laughing in my sleep tonight.....
Lol, I didn't even notice that, how was it that counterpicking worked in a ditto match? What I saw was we were both going on winning and losing streaks, but yeah, I do love neutrals. I really like your edge game, you don't gimp much but you're unpredictable getting back on from the ledge and you tricked me a few times when I got back on stage. Also, I really need to start using that bair DI recovery, every time I thought you were done for you just kept avoiding those side blast zones.

Great matches, i added you to my friend list on AiB btw.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Havokk, if you love lag I can fight you tomorrow.

Tiger, PM me if you want to fight me tomorrow.

Anyone, I'm up for any challenge, Link ditto or not.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
everyone on my list is a red dot, and only 3-4 don't have crippling lag that renders the game into a stop motion film. Also I don't even get off work for two more hours.

Top Bottom