• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board (NEW challege system!)

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, you guys should seriously just use the chat room in allisbrawl for this instead of wasting so many pages on chit chat.

and Ardes, great games the other night, your Link is awesome, even if it is wifi.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I assure you I play much better in person though as everyone else does. ^^
And yeah, perhaps we should use a chat room, but this thread is cool like thatt, right!? :D

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Alright. then. We played more than the necessary games but I will report the first few.

Sword def Ardes

Ardes won game one

Swordplay won games 2 3 and 4

In all honesty...It was my projectile and spacing game. I am extremely good with arrow cancels at close range to stop approachers and get in a counter attack. I also had a better ledge game which got me a few free kills.

But you had me beat in close combat on many stages. Especially the neutral ones. I am much weaker on neutral stages than counter pick stages. You had better DI than me and your ground game was slightly better than mine. But I was able to eventually turn that around by forcing you to approach with a superior projectile spam technique. I also learned near the end of our friendlies your DI tendencies. I ended up doing more spin attacks when I would usually D-smash or something and you'd anticipate and DI wrong. Otherwise my god you got a sexy DI.

Ardes....you should defiantly train with me and learn how to spam projectiles like me. You'd be a beast........

Also Ya got to teach me how to DI like you do. That was Sexy....

As for a chart room. you can always find me on AiB. I'm there a lot.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Yo swordplay fight me as soon as i get out of this school :( are u east or west

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
nvm ur in chicago. great we will have pretty good wifi i hope b/c i live ga

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I usually just sit idle in AiB free play chat. Not sure if I'll be doing so today, but I have a number of you added... now I just need Ardes, swordplay, and deva. I'll add you guys after work.

Edit: thanks for the matches last night guys, I learned a lot about Link V Link matchups. PM me anytime or look for me on your friends list for more fights.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I thought I could squeeze in those matches before I had to go...not sure if I have enough time now. Gonna head off for about 8 hours...but I'll be playing for maybe 3 hours after that so if you're on in that time frame, Ich. Let's play. I have you added so just pop my friend code in when you're on.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Oops, sorry I got sidetracked updating the thread. Wow, so many fights went on, lol, mostly Havokk. Congrats on you're tenth victory Havokk.

EVERYONE - Let me know if there are an inaccuracies with your scores. Monkeyx4/Havokk - there is one match between you two that seems to have a problem, pm if you guys want to explain what's going on so I can update it (if none of you care, I'll just ignore it).

Oddler, if you're still around let's brawl. If not, I'll add you anyway and check to see if you posted later.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Oops, sorry I got sidetracked updating the thread. Wow, so many fights went on, lol, mostly Havokk. Congrats on you're tenth victory Havokk.

EVERYONE - Let me know if there are an inaccuracies with your scores. Monkeyx4/Havokk - there is one match between you two that seems to have a problem, pm if you guys want to explain what's going on so I can update it (if none of you care, I'll just ignore it).

Oddler, if you're still around let's brawl. If not, I'll add you anyway and check to see if you posted later.

Yo havokk 0-3 me than i 3-0 him lol could you update that plz

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, I just meant this thread should just be for posting results/ challenges/ ggz. There's like. . .actual conversations going on in the past 3 pages lol. That's why I suggested the chat room for that.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I can brawl but only for a little...I'm goin to bed really soon...catch me in 10 mins or bye bye

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
i guess ill try, im bored and i need me some good link buddy's. i only have monkeyx4 and i cant show him my full potential because we lag :( so who wants to brawl?

Deva

Smash Lord
Again, looking at this entire page. . .please use a chat room, it's so many useless posts of "Hey, you there?" or just idle chit chat. This thread should just be for placing match requests and posting results, the talk should be in a chat room like allisbrawl. But whatevs, i dont really care, it's just annoying reading through 3 pages of the same thing without seeing any actual results or requests or anything.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Instead of just randomly coming in here and asking "Is anybody around!"

Post something Like this...

"I will be around at 2pm-3pm eastern if anybody wants to brawl me then."

If you give people time to respond instead of expecting a match right away, you are more likely to get a match.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I think private messages would solve the problem. You could ask if anyone wants a match right now in this topic, but have people reply in a private message and discuss details that way.

Dohhh!!!

Smash Rookie

Instead of just randomly coming in here and asking "Is anybody around!"

Post something Like this...

"I will be around at 2pm-3pm eastern if anybody wants to brawl me then."

If you give people time to respond instead of expecting a match right away, you are more likely to get a match.

Ok i'll try :)

I will be on from now until about 8 pm eastern, would like to try some link mirrors. 2 or 3 matches would be nice, maybe more. I am NOT a great player with Link as I have alot of movement issues I need to work on. I would like to have "TWO STOCK" matches so they have a better chance of ending in less than 3 minutes; this way I can record the match and study where I need to improve (which is alot). If anyone is interested and doesn't mind ****** someone, pm me :)

Dohhh!!!

Smash Rookie
so you can be on around 5pm pacific? cool, i hope i don`t forget :) let`s hope for little to no lag. is your online name havok?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's around time :) got you added, will wait for your response if you remembered xD

~ Will keep updated ~

gg's not sure if those count for this thread... if so

Havokk def Dohhh!!! 3 wins 0 losses

Dohhh!!!

Smash Rookie
i can`t make those quick turns into a grab. i always end up not turning at all or dashing away. anyway ggs,

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't even think I pivot grabbed you :o lol

Just keep practicing ^_^ I'm sure you'll get it..

So far the hardest (but funnest) thing for me to do is DAC with a bomb.... especially on Wifi -.-

Top Bottom