• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So guys: does K. Rool have a tail? The one shot in his gameplay trailer (not his reveal trailer) where he uses his Forward or Back Air makes it very clear he does have one, but none of the other shots seem to have him with one...

Kinda weird, isn't it?

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That trailer was F***IN INSANE. They nailed the animation, the silliness, the inside jokes and that troll were perfect. And the action... Man it had me HYPED AS F**K

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Probably already mentioned here, but can we all just take a moment to appreciate how great his character model and artwork are?

First off, it's more true to his original design.

Second, the amount of detail here, holy crap. Those scales are well detailed it's hard to believe. It's beautifully done. I don't think they could've come any closer to nailing his design than this.
Personally, his design is the one thing I don't love about him. I was really hoping they were going to favor the Rare design more. I'm not a huge of the small crown, lack of a tail, and more pudgy appearance. I'm so excited he made it in, don't get me wrong. But I was hoping he would look a little different.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
20 July 1969 - Man lands on the moon
08 August 2018 - King K. Rool gets into Smash

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Now let the Kredits roll.

Every single iteration of the Kutthroat hideout was a gathering of silliness, antics and pure love towards K. Rool. Thanks to each of you, we had great times with games like King K. Lone and One of Us. Thanks to you, we had a big splash on the ballot and showed everyone that the true King cannot be usurped. Thanks to you, this thread was a home to many DK fans and I'm honored to have called it a home during Smash 4 Speculation.

Here's to much more pages of jungle hijinx in the official K. Rool subforum.

Congrats, you guys really deserve this.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Personally, his design is the one thing I don't love about him. I was really hoping they were going to favor the Rare design more. I'm not a huge of the small crown, lack of a tail, and more pudgy appearance. I'm so excited he made it in, don't get me wrong. But I was hoping he would look a little different.
If I'm not mistaken, his tail is present on him in one clip, although I don't know if it's just a later build in that particular shot or it's something else entirely.

It appears in the gameplay section for him where he either forward or back air's Link on Wrecking Crew: it appears before he uses his kopter pack.

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
The moment when we won after those years, and sticking together supporting King K. Rool. While it was very hypeworthy for us supporters, it was also relieving at the same time when we saw it with our own eyes.

It was a great time being in the Krew and watching the whole direct and the finale! I look forward to using King K. Rool often and having fun with him (friendly dittos too, I'm so down) once I have SSB Ultimate in December, regardless of what his tier placement will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEdbR0jnfvQ&feature=share

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They made him a lot more animalistic in this incarnation. He kinda fits extremely well with the current incarnation of Donkey Kong

cybersai

Smash Ace
The mere fact that even just 3 months ago the concept of Ridley or K. Rool being in Smash still felt like a meme or pipedream, and now both are realities, it's almost too hard to process.

Sometimes I feel like I'm still dreaming and this isn't reality yet. I can't believe this day has finally come.

cothero

Smash Lord
Me too, but that's probably the best design Sakurai had in mind when imagined K. Rool as a character. Plus, he kinda looks goofier in his Paon design, so i think that was the reason Sakurai ultimately chose it as dominant overall. Nonetheless, i'm glad he keep his golden belly armor.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I feel so validated and happy right now, that trailer was exactly what I needed. As soon as it showed DK's mouth I knew what was happening but they spaced it out perfectly to audience expectations.

Also, THAT MODEL is so good and as talented as Omni is I'm glad to finally see what some of the best career professionals can do with an originally simple idea.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
"King K. Rool is irrelevant."

"Sakurai doesn't care about Donkey Kong."

"Sakurai/Miyamoto hates K. Rool."

"King K. Rool will never be playable in Smash Bros."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Best reveal ever. The way the Kongs clashed with K.Rool, especially after that damn awesome animalistic charge was just plain badassery. 1000/10 Sakurai. Plz give us Dixie as well!

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Guys I literally cannot comprehend what has happened. It's not real. It's a dream.

Last edited:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, his tail is present on him in one clip, although I don't know if it's just a later build in that particular shot or it's something else entirely.

It appears in the gameplay section for him where he either forward or back air's Link on Wrecking Crew: it appears before he uses his kopter pack.
Yeah, I saw that. It's barely noticeable though. I just really loathe the Paon design, so it's slightly disappointing for me, but again, I'll take it either way.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

That's another check off the want list!
I never reared my head as a supporter here, if only cuz' so many were showing the love. But best believe I wanted the Kroc to konquer the karavan.
So with that, I say, KONGRATS!! All that support really kame back to Sakurai, didn't it?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Guys, I'm just so happy right now. After hearing every veteran and Ridley were in, all I needed was K. Rool for a perfect roster, and now he's here. I'm on cloud 9 right now guys.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I know a bunch of people wanted that sunset backdrop as part of a stage... so how did you react to seeing it at the end of the reveal?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Wow... been quite a road consider this has been kind of big discussion point going as far back as Brawl.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sorry if I'm late, but here to congratulate all of the K. Rool fans. You guys won big time!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if the tail is just from a later build.

They originally had K Rool without a tail, then noticed that the tail seems to be a big deal with fans, lol

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I mostly love the design. I said before but it's a solid hybrid of Rare, Paon, and original designs. Just like Ridley was a mesh of designs.

The only criticisms I have of it are small. That one shot where you first see him from below before the splash screen made his head look a bit small and derpy, but apart from that one shot he looks fantastic. People are saying it favors Paon design, but that's not true. It kept important aspects of both, I feel, like the eye being large like Rare, or the much more anatomically realistic legs and feet from Paon. And I don't care how small his tail is, what's important is that he has a tail.

Also, he has the Kaptain hat on an alt, does he throw that instead in the crown toss move? Or is he hiding the crown under the pirate hat?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mostly love the design. I said before but it's a solid hybrid of Rare, Paon, and original designs. Just like Ridley was a mesh of designs.

The only criticisms I have of it are small. That one shot where you first see him from below before the splash screen made his head look a bit small and derpy, but apart from that one shot he looks fantastic. People are saying it favors Paon design, but that's not true. It kept important aspects of both, I feel, like the eye being large like Rare, or the much more anatomically realistic legs and feet. And I don't care how small his tail is, what's important is that he has a tail.

Also, he has the Kaptain hat on an alt, does he throw that instead in the crown toss move? Or is he hiding the crown under the pirate hat?
I think he only wears the pirate hat while using the Blunderbuss

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Congrats K.Rool fans! The main reason I wanted him in was because of you guys.

The wait is finally over!

D

Deleted member

:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

↑ The smile I had during that trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We did it guys... I mean we did it Kremling Krew,

I want to apologize to Masahiro Sakurai for doubting, him sorry sir thank, you we appetciate it. Do whatever you want with the game, from here your amazing thanks for all the hard-work. Again sorry thanks for adding King K. Rool all the best.

King DeDeDe was brilliant loved his trolling.

Finally King K. Rool I cried, I really did my majesty you are here, where you belong in Super Smash Bros. welcome aboard your Krew has been awaiting you are home.

Loved the design, blunderbuss, crown, throw boxing glove punch, helicopter pack, great alt costumes all check. He's great will main.

Finally you guys me, all of us have waited for this for so long it's finally happened. Congradulations, Kremling Krew, dreams do come true, King K. Rool is in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I will main him alongside Mario and Link, can't too see more.

Our new home in the character section coming soon.

Top Bottom