• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Im still running on hype this is mad. I've just been watching so many reaction videos and each time its just as sweet and amazing especially seeing others so happy about his inclusion. I need to change my main on this sight for ultimate now!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
(Sorry, I couldn't resist, hehe.)

Echoing the sentiments of many other posters, this was my favorite direct out of all that I've watched. I enjoyed seeing the rep given to the DK series, especially the Klaptrap's return, and K. Rool's appearance after "the end" of the direct was simply wonderful.

Although life has kept me from doing much speculating this time around, hanging around this thread has been a blast, as always. It's cathartic and vindicating to see K. Rool finally get his finest hour, and I'm definitely looking forward to what comes next. Long live the king!

D

Deleted member

So, I see this thread is now under Character discussion. Are we going to continue to use this thread as the social? Or will a new one be created?

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Holy hell!!!

I can’t believe it!!!!!

My most wanted character was a 3rd DK rep, and what a way to do it!!!!

This is an unprecedented level of fan love, first Metroid gets 2 new reps and now THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!

I’m done. I’ve seriously never been satisfied with a roster that isn’t even complete.

Sakurai-San, you seem to have created the perfect game and there’s nothing else I really need (although, Dixie Kong would be pretty cool.)

Congratulations fellow kuthroats, WE FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!

121 days until SSBUltimate!

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE K.Rool run animation, he looks so beastly !
I expected a goofy run, but that one is much better, it makes him scarrier.

So you think he could still get his other outfits despite having his moves already changing his look ?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I found that direct more enjoyable then the entirety of the Wii U. I was fearing that when they went to ATs that K. Rool would show up, but when Klaptrap appeared I became hopeful. Everything about the reveal was perfect, from the stomping to the montage of villains to the Dedede fakeout. He looks very fun to play and Im still looping the remix of his fight theme. Simon looks very fun to play as well, and Im glad he leaked instead of K. Rool, haha.

Oh, and has anyone spoted his walk/run animations yet? I've only seen him crawling in all the gameplay and at the end of the cgi trailer, so is that how he always moves? If it is, Im not gonna complain, because either way we have ****ing King K. Rool and I couldnt be happier. Now, wheres the stock icon for me to put under my profile picture...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm still in utter shock. <3 I'm so bloody stinking happy it's insane. I literally rocked back and forth on my chair when the tune came on, I couldn't resist. My throat still hurts from the "YES!" I shouted when his tagline came on. We've come a long way, my friends. I'm glad it finally paid off <3

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
It's now been 5-6 hours since K.Rool's official reveal as a playable character in Smash Bros Ultimate.

Has it set in yet for you guys? lol

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I would love to have an online tournament when the game comes out to celebrate king k rools reveal. all of you guys and others as well. You can only pick k rool. let's see who is the best k rool player in here :) that be fun

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'd love to participate in that!!

But it might be a while before I digest Nintendo Switch Online.... lolimcheap

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was just me thinking it was like a mariachi gankplank gallon. As I've said I'm still buzzing I think its waiting all these years I cant believe it that in a few months I'll finally be able to play as K. Rool. I dont think I will fully believe it until I'm actually controlling him on the screen in front of me. I'm probably going to have to check the next few mornings to make sure this day wasn't a dream.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
K. Rool is the first character I will strive to add to my roster once the game launches. After that, I'm strictly playing him. Except in single-player to unlock stuff of course.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Now I feel the mounting pressure of ensuring we make ourselves heard. K. Rool needs to be a mainstay in all future Smash titles, and for that to happen we need to be vocal with Nintendo/Retro/whoever that we want to see him in upcoming DK/Mario spinoff games. Not to imply we haven’t already, but, with the prospect of the next game being a divergence from what Ultimate represented, it’s never too early to be thinking about the future of our King.

I get that it’s the equivalent of thinking about re-election the *day of* a campaign victory, and we need some time to recuperate, but never lose your energy, komrades.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Hey, hey, congrats everyone! The King's finest hour has finally arrived!

And boy, he's everything that I thought he would be! He's got all of his crazy props from his previous appearances. The boomerang crown, the blunderbuss, the helipack, the boxing gloves, and heck, even the Blast-O-Matic!

Say...does this mean we can officially say that Sakurai is one of us?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Next we gotta bring Banjo back. Long live the king! Finally a character to get pumped for!

StormC

Smash Hero
Now I feel the mounting pressure of ensuring we make ourselves heard. K. Rool needs to be a mainstay in all future Smash titles, and for that to happen we need to be vocal with Nintendo/Retro/whoever that we want to see him in upcoming DK/Mario spinoff games. Not to imply we haven’t already, but, with the prospect of the next game being a divergence from what Ultimate represented, it’s never too early to be thinking about the future of our King.

I get that it’s the equivalent of thinking about re-election the *day of* a campaign victory, and we need some time to recuperate, but never lose your energy, komrades.
K. Rool is safe forever. I promise you.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all K. Rool supporters. After Ridley's reveal, I had no doubt that K. Rool would be revealed as well. I'm glad we got him over Dixie, since I knew he would have a completely different moveset. Then again, we could very well get Dixie as an Echo Fighter.

So far, I really like the way K. Rool plays. I'm glad they based him off his SNES appearances. Though I'm typically not into heavyweights, I might actually consider maining him, since I like projectile-heavy characters. Also, I like the way he runs; very predatory.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
cacsacss.PNG

I LOVE the way his eye bulges outwards when he misses a grab. It reminds me of the cartoon where his left eye did just that whenever he was irritated.
His expressions in general are just great, I also like how when he's footstooled, he has an expression that's all like, "those rotten kids"
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The footstool section just made me think of how that was the only way to kill him in DKC.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
Hey.
Just here to give my MASSIVE Kongrats to the Kutthroats. You guys had the endurance for sooo long and now it's paid off!
Hope for only the best for you guys!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The other thing is his moveset looks -SO- good! Especially happy Sakurai didn't go for the DK64 butt slam as a special - this was something I regularly saw suggested that always rubbed me the wrong way.

StormC

Smash Hero
Seeing the helipack is surreal.

Krown throw and blunderbuss are super obvious.

But this is the first honest-to-god reference to DKC3 in Smash history.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Just like Ridley, there's so many things to love about how they depicted K. Rool. His idle stance which is taken straight out of DKC1, the way he slams the button on the Blast-O-Matic multiple times like in the DK64 game over, the way his pirate hat pops up when he uses his blunderbuss, it's all just so GOOD. You can tell that Sakurai aimed to please when designing K. Rool, and boy, did he ever. I do wish that his Krown and head were a little bigger, but these are incredibly small potatoes in comparison to everything else that went into this character.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
WE DID IT! AT LAST! Kremlings rejoice for your king is back in the spotlight!! Everything was PERFECT BEYOND EXPECTATION: the design, his moveset, the trailer OMG THAT TRAILER!!!

We can finally put his to rest and simply enjoy the next characters to come for what they are. THIS IS IT! THANK YOU MR. SAKURAI!

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
My only disappointment is not being here for the initial hype. Damn work schedule. But boy, am I glad that's over and he's finally konfirmed, now those days of agony knowing if he's in or not are a thing of the past. It feels great. Its almost surreal to know Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K. Rool are all in Smash, its almost like a dream.

Last edited:
Top Bottom