• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Do you think he'll get the pirate outfit at the very least ?
Not sure since he's look alwready change with his moves.

Can't wait for that Ammibo too, and hopefully we will get a user Icon as K.Rool for the switch !

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We sorta did get the Heroes vs Villains theme afterall, lol

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, the beginning of the Zrailer, the Dedede fake out, could very well be a reference to the Mii fighter costume...OMG the self referential trolling

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I'm still here not believing hes actually in finally, it doesn't seem real. Super hyped though.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Yes! We did it! I'm so happy.
Not only because of our king being playable, but because K.Rool and Ridley showed that they're finally listening for the Smash fanbase. And this makes everything better, not only character-wise.
I'm waiting for Geno fans suffering to end with this game too, maybe even Isaac.

I also think Dixie is hinted with K.Rool trailer. Dk's representation just got so much better with K.Rool, I can't even...
And there's a kremling assist trophy. The UNIQUE letdown is that there's no Gangplank Galleon, but there's always DLC.
I was never so happy with a character inclusion in Smash :D

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny that DK was introduced in the first Smash. Two games later, Diddy was introduced. Two more games later, K. Rool was confirmed.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I just woke up and watched the direct after giving up hope last night after the music Simon leak and I am so HYPED right now. Finally the King is here where he belongs. BEST SMASH EVER!!! I just went to YouTube and saw that Simon was 66 and I was like that's to be expected of course and then I saw King K. Rool character 67 next to him and I was like the **** is this?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Congratulations to everyone! It looks like you've all finally been vindicated. I was pretty excited for his reveal as well. Though I certainly didn't expect Sakurai to go above and beyond by actually having Crocodile Isle BLOWING UP DK ISLAND as a FS. That made me so happy to see DK64 acknowledged at last. :joyful:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So he's finally here, performing for you
If you know the words you can join in too
Put your hands together if you wanna klap
As we take you through this K. Rool rap!

Huh!

King K! King K. Rool!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
[Repost from the reaction thread, but found it to be of relevant reaction here too]

The only sad thing is that my reaction throughout the whole direct was not filmed.
My buddy who was present, and my little brother thought I'd might have a meltdown over K. Rool.

Since, I was freaking out since Simon already, basically because I knew everything. Knew as in, I figured out who it was early, then caught off guard on Richter Belmont, and went on rip Mimikyu, Ashley, Shovel Knight etc.

Then, during the end sentence of Sakurai, I heard a bang, and thought about canons, thinking pirate, which made me think K. Rool.
Suddenly the trailer started, and the Hero vs Villain photo of Mario and Bowser came, then Link and Ganon, and then I started having trouble breathing, because all that came out of me was silently "It's K. Rool. It's K. Rool", and tears ...

You could say my heart was at my throat when I saw King Dedede ... I was like "NO, **** YOU, NO, SHOW ME THE KING, I CAN'T BE DONE THIS TO NOW", and then I could die happy, as K. Rool came and what beautiful trailer.

Seriously, I'm so glad that the directional team did such a justice on the trailer, not focus on anything else but the rivalry of King K. Rool, Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong. It was beautiful, and I'm perfected. I don't need anything else ever again. I'm complete. Not just because he is one of my most wanted, but because he has been my most wanted ever since Melee, and the only one I've truly desired.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
This is amazing! I remember after E3 everyone was so pessimistic about his chances, and I didn't understand it at all. I felt like his chances were as good as ever, and it finally came to fruition!

The only thing about King K. Rool I don't absolutely love is his appearance. I don't really like that it favors the Paon design. I was really looking forward to him being represented as favoring his Rare appearance, but hey, I'll take it either way.

Untouch

Smash Master
With how many liberties they took with Chrom (he's barely even a clone let alone an echo), I have to wonder if Dixie is in. Chrom has entirely different moves compared to Ike.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Congrats guys! I'll probably leave him alone for the most part but I'm so glad that they finally let him in. I kinda figured he was coming along though once i saw ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Was I the only one who had a heart in throat moment when they introduced the banana gun? Like, they said they'd be introducing items, Pokémon and ATs, and during that suspenseful wait in between the banana gun being picked up and used I was so scared that K. Rool would pop up as an AT to steal the banana from DK and Diddy.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Why isn't this thread moved to the K. Rool subforum?

Still, congrats fam. Simon, Dark Samus, and other reveals were great, but as expected, an appearance from K. Rool stole the show.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
WE ****ING DID IT GUYS.

AT LEAST 10 LONG YEARS ARGUING WITH DETRACTORS, FIGHTING "IRRELEVANCE", AND OUR MOMENT HAS FINALLY COME.

I just wanted to say thank you Sakurai, and thank you EVERYONE!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm so glad k rool is relevant again

Now bring him in do country games again

He has his pirate hat but I'm going to get mad if his jacket is not included

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Do you think he'll get the pirate outfit at the very least ?
Not sure since he's look alwready change with his moves.

Can't wait for that Ammibo too, and hopefully we will get a user Icon as K.Rool for the switch !
I think giving him the hat while using the blunderbuss was a nice compromise. Reason being, that it'd be awkward with the crown throw.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
K Rool and Ridley are both proof that passionate legions of fans don't go unheard to Sakurai, despite doubters and pessimists always underestimating him. Congrats guys.

Troykv

Smash Master
HOLY SHET

K. Rool is actually confirmed! o.o

And now the Vergeden leak of whatever was his name is now real with Ridley, K. Rool and Simon

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Was I the only one who had a heart in throat moment when they introduced the banana gun? Like, they said they'd be introducing items, Pokémon and ATs, and during that suspenseful wait in between the banana gun being picked up and used I was so scared that K. Rool would pop up as an AT to steal the banana from DK and Diddy.
Seeing Klaptrap as an assist trophy had me getting excited.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
In case anyone hasn't posted or seen it, here's his official Stock icon as displayed on the official site!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
K Rool needs to make it into DKCR series now.

Donkey Kong K Rool Returns the third title in the series

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
MY GOD that was SO AMAZING!! I can't believe he's finally in the game! This direct was just fantastic!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, I am just going to quickly say, CONGRATULATIONS! :3 You had this well deserved! Oh my God, this new Smash is full of surprises and FOR THE BETTER! Unlike last time!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I didn't see this coming koming at all! This is GREAT news!

THE HYPE THREE HAVE BEEN FREED!!!

I'm at the point where I only have one more wanted character, and he's impossible. Great showing everyone! And BKupa666 BKupa666 , Thanks for being such a great leader! You made a Kremlling out of me back in the Sm4sh days, and I'm so excited to share this with you all.

---

That trailer though - I gotta give my thoughts:

"One more thing": Wonder who else is coming?
*shows Mario/Bowser and Link/Dorf*: OH ****! I KNOW WHO THIS IS!
*DK in cabin*: HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
*Silhouette*: YES! HE'S IN!
*Dedede*: [I have the same face as the Kongs]
*K.Rool shows up*: YES!!!!!!!!

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I wasn't able to watch the Direct live thanks to my American History class, but we did it. K. Rool is konfirmed!

I asked my brother to message me if K. Rool was shown as a boss or assist trophy and if he was in or did not make an appearance I wanted to not know, to try and keep the surprise. Well, during class I cracked and asked him anyways. He sent a reply, and I had to wait a long several minutes before the professor gave us a break, because I didn't want to get further distracted by his presence. I checked his status and I've never been happier to be wrong. Between this announcement and a new Star Trek show featuring the return of Jean-Luc Picard, this week has been amazing for me personally.

Kongratulations fellow kutthroats, we did it. We finally did it. K. Rool is back. This game is truly Ultimate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom