• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Awesome!!!!! It's great to see another villain and a DK rep in the game. I wanted him in, but wasn't sure about his chances and the low selection of newcomers Plus, he wasn't a priority for me because there were already so many other characters I wanted to try. So, I'm not sure if he's going to be one of my mains yet. I'll definitively try him though. I guess that Mii costume was foreshadowing him and the ballot definitely helped him. Anyways, the trailer was fantastic. I was wondering what the stomp was at the end. Then when I saw the heroes vs villains picture and DK and Diddy, I knew it had to be him. The fakeout from Dedede was hilarious and how he got KOd was my favorite part. When K Rool was shown, I was beaming happily. The trialer makes him looks so cool and fun to play. I love his voice actor. I think it fits him very well. In the end, the supporters and his fans deserve this for a long time. Have fun playing as him!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Should this thread have been moved by now?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Chrom and K. Rool got in. Truly this confirms my ability to see the future. We can rest easy now, at long last...

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Congratulations K.Rool Fans!!! He was never my dk pick but i understand how much he was wanted by his supporters so i'm very happy you got your king in!! :)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Congratulations K.Rool Fans!!! He was never my dk pick but i understand how much he was wanted by his supporters so i'm very happy you got your king in!! :)
I assume you wanted Dixie? If so, don't give up hope, she could very well be revealed later like Dark Samus was!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's been posted here yet, but King K. Rool is the top trend in Japan right now! He's been that way since his reveal. He got the number 1 trend really fast after his trailer.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just can't believe it. I'm a 32 year old man and I'm in tears. Is it normal for a 32 year old man to cry over a cartoon obese crocodile making it into a videogame?

I just can't believe you guys did it. Ever since Brawl, ever since his irrelevancy in the DKCR games by Retro, ever since the ballot and the K. Rool Mii outfit....and then the fake out with King Dedede in the trailer....AND WE GOT HIM.

Sakurai's trolling as King Dedede in the trailer was damn near perfect, you could tell he was doing it to fans purposely. Sakurai you madman! This is the greatest day of all time.

RIDLEY AND K. ROOL IN SMASH...... meme's became reality! DREAMS COME TRUE

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Hah, guess I'm kinda of a leaker myself too. We have matching villains to the original 8. Hell yeah!

About the trailer, Sakurai really trolled us 2 times. One with himself, other with King DeDeDe. Fantastic.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I........I'm almost in disbelief.

After all these years.......

When I saw the main characters of those Nintendo IPs facing off against their respective arch-enemies, I almost couldn't believe it.......I was saying outloud "I swear, if I see Donkey Kong at the end of this......"........After that Ridley reveal and all there build-up there, and now they do THIS, too!

It actually happened. It actually finally freaking happened.

He finally make his komeback. This is truly King K. Rool's finest hour.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
We got Ridley, we got K Rool. Now all we need is Isaac and the three characters who should have been added to 4 will finally be playable.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Congrats everyone!! Congrats fellow DK fans!!! This is the biggest victory for the fans, I gotta say. K. Rool was in the pits, but you guys really did rise above the occasion to get noticed, and I think you have been! Really, this is on us. And maybe I was a bigger fan of Dixie and Banjo-Kazooie (Who I still want in by the way, heheh), but wow, DKC is my favorite franchise OF ALL TIME, and this is the biggest loveletter one can get.

AND OMG THEY ADDED A DKC3 ATTACK!!! SQUEEEE!!! DKC3 NEVER GETS REFERENCED!!! I love it, love it love it LOVE IT!!

(also best reveal trailer ever, holy crap, better than Ridley's, by far)

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I assume you wanted Dixie? If so, don't give up hope, she could very well be revealed later like Dark Samus was!
Funky actually! Although he was pretty lowish on my wanted character lists, was never the biggest fan of the dk series.

That being said, I greatly appreciate K.Rool references the best Dk game, Dk 64 a lot. That game was my childhood!

cybersai

Smash Ace
God and if we still get Dixie after this (which I still hope and expect) I'll never ask Sakurai for anything again.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I was outside when he was revealed so I couldn’t comment in the thread

**** man. I’m still in disabelief. I’m not even gonna lie, lately I’ve actually been down on K Rool’s chances. But holy **** Sakurai actually did it. I’m so happy.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Just spent the last 40 minutes reading every one of you guys' celebration posts. I may not have been an extremely active supporter of K. Rool, but I've always been with you guys in spirit, so I wanted to make sure I shared in your excitement.:) and I must say, this is one incredible community of people, and one of the most inclusive--pretty much everyone is a supporter! It's amazing to see so many so happy over his inclusion. This has to be one of the greatest reveals in Smash history.

And that trailer! Omg...I was beyond excited. The king is perfect, and looks so freaking fun to play. Did anyone else notice he seems to have a slight sumo vibe in places? And wrestling moves in general. Which fits him like a glove, honestly. Can't wait to give him a try!

Kongratulations, guys!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Probably already mentioned here, but can we all just take a moment to appreciate how great his character model and artwork are?

First off, it's more true to his original design.

Second, the amount of detail here, holy crap. Those scales are well detailed it's hard to believe. It's beautifully done. I don't think they could've come any closer to nailing his design than this.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
So last night I thought to myself "someone at Nintendo is getting fired" after the Castlevania music leak. Now, however, I'm kind of left wondering if that was done intentionally to throw us off the scent. (Ie, "accidentally" leak a Castlevania announcement, open with that announcement, leave everyone thinking "yeah well we saw this coming," and then suddenly "SURPRISE IT'S A CROCODILE!!!") Anyone else think the Castlevania music leak last night might have been on purpose?

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Probably already mentioned here, but can we all just take a moment to appreciate how great his character model and artwork are?

Second, the amount of detail here, holy crap. Those scales are well detailed it's hard to believe. It's beautifully done. I don't think they could've come any closer to nailing his design than this.

It really is incredible. They gave so much "life" to his design that it's almost a crime if he doesn't appear like that on the next DKC game. That animated trailer was so damn awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

How do you save the official renders? Every time I try it saves as a broken image.

I even went to the source and opened the image by itself in a seperate tab

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
1533747048114.png

With all the hype I don't think we've appreciated how big he actually is. Look at him compared to Bowser, hes massive! Neither of them are standing properly in that frame but gives you the general impression of their sizes.

cybersai

Smash Ace
So anyone noticed K. Rool wears the Kaptain outfit when he shoots his blunderbuss? What I'm wonder is, is that a costume or does he just quickly don his pirate gear whenever he shoots his gun?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's odd. All I did was go to the Mario Wiki and inserted the URL of the image it had there.
Maybe they reuploaded the image.

I've been trying off the official site.

I think what I'm going to have to do is copy it, then paste in Photoshop and save it as a PNG from there

MainJPW

M.T.A
You guys see how K. Rool's eyes are styled after his Paon design? Performing certain actions will make his eyes pop out like his Rare design.

It looks like his eyes will bulge randomly too. He looks insane!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
WE DID IT BOYS! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more satisfying than Ridley. If you told me this 5 years ago... well I'd probably be about as excited as I am now.

Troykv

Smash Master
I ended up noticing now that the fact is Dedede the character that did the fake-out; he's not only the character that fits more that kind of role; also feels very meta because Dedede's voice is Sakurai's voice; and it feels like he's directly trolling us xD

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I love the fact that his gold armor is rusted and scratched and his cape is torn. It's like he's wearing his original outfit from 1994 and it's worn over time. I love it so much. I cannot wait to play as him.

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
Oh man, congratulations everyone - we finally did it..!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy right now, I don't need anything else from this game..

Just a tiny bit sad that it's more of the Paon design as I thought, but he still looks good enough of course. He's in, and that's what's most important!

After seeing Klap Trap I knew there had to be more!! And the stomps... I somewhat saw it coming, but I didn't believe it.. I love everyone of you guys right now!

..now I'm mostly hoping for Dixie and Shadow to make it in as well, the chances should be decent, although after seeing how well they made K. Rool and not revealing Dixie alongside him makes me kinda doubt her.. sadly.
Don't forget: Dark Samus wasn't revealed alongside Ridley. It's safe to assume echoes can be revealed at any time... here's hoping for Dixie!

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Congrats K. Rool supporters, I'm happy for you. Though I'm in no way a fan of the character, I can see that changing if he's fun to play as.

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
Congrats to you all. My most wanted was deconfirmed sadly, but at least the King got the respect he deserved finally and ended things in a positive note.

Top Bottom