• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
We might not get a character though.

There was a credible source, apparently, that said there would be an early August direct that just had game modes.

I can't remember if the date matches or not
Yeah, a character reveal is not confirmed obviously, but I can't see it not happening unless the E3 roster was final. Regardless, it's new info no matter how you slice it.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm like 90% sure we'll get a character. Maybe another echo too.

Don't expect K. Rool. I really doubt they come out of the gate, guns blazing, with both Ridley and K. Rool. Keep expectations in check.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Whatever to get us out of this dry season is good.
There might not be newcomer announcements. But there will surely be some hideous DECONFIRMATIONS. Dream-breaking Assist trophy showcases.
Lets hope for something cool. Even if they don't even show K. Rool at all.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happens on Wednesday, just please, please, PLEASE, don't have a knee-jerk reaction and freak out if King K. Rool is not revealed. Regardless of what happens on Wednesday, we still have plenty of time between now and launch for him to be revealed.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I would be shocked if we didn't get a character reveal. That being said I'm hopeful but not expecting two reveals.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling Ashley will get revealed because Wario Ware Gold just came out.

Not expecting K. Rool to be shown this month, maybe in September.

GigaRidley

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-3298-5285
Switch FC
SW 7210-7639-6413
I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than one character reveal (including echoes) since this is a Smash focused direct and they already showed off a lot at E3. Either way, I'm just happy we're finally getting some news.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling Ashley will get revealed because Wario Ware Gold just came out.

Not expecting K. Rool to be shown this month, maybe in September.
Bear in mind that many of Smash 4's confirmations happened well past the best timing for the character. I could see Ashley being revealed later.

I doubt K. Rool will be in this Direct though. How would you follow up on back-to-back Ridley and K. Rool reveals?

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Considering how close this is to the Wario Ware Gold release, I have a feeling the Ashley fans will have something to celebrate on Wednesday. (And I'll be happy for them... in spite of my jealousy.)

Whether or not the King is revealed on Wednesday, I'm honestly just happy we're getting information now instead of in September. If Nintendo had waited until September (or later) to give us new information, it would have been exactly halfway between E3 (June) and launch (December), so that probably would have been the only reveal before launch. But since we're getting one in August, just two months after E3, it's possible that we're seeing the beginning of a bi-monthly reveal schedule, with the next reveal in October, and then launch in December. (And if that's the case, then it probably means they've got enough characters up their sleeve to reveal one on Wednesday, one in October, and some at launch.)

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. I'm also kind of terrified that on Wednesday they'll say there are no more newcomers.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
My outlook here is to hope for K. Rool, but not expect him. This is the attitude everyone should have toward the character(s) they're hoping for, imo.

The timing might make things seem pretty good for Ashley but no one should hold their breath on anyone until they see the splash screen.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
We must prepare some gifs, just in case, for doom or glory of course. A Smash only Direct will be focused in game modes and more, but newcomers will show for sure.
Today in the job asked me about which day of the week pick for free time, nice timing choosing Wednesday. Great present.
Two days of incoming fake crappy leaks. This gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
So many people viewing this thread. It's a treat to see that. Really hoping we see K. Rool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If we end up seeing Incineroar after that Vergeben leak I'm going to be a bit disappointed. Not a fan of that Pokemon.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'll be recording a reaction video at my friend's house on Wednesday :) Just in case! ;)

Last edited:

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
This is it guys. Finally some more information! But yeah I agree. I do believe we will get a character reveal but let’s not expect too much. I agree with the fact that I don’t think they would show King k. Rool this early. I could see him being one of the last reveals right before the release date. Of course, I would love for him to be revealed the earlier the better. Here’s to hoping!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Is this Ultimate's equivalent of the April direct or the 50 fact extravaganza? Either way, hoping we get some big news. The wait...will be...very slow...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think we have to be getting someone new this Direct (Seriously, I didn't expect a full on smash Direct so soon, I figured a general Direct HAD to be first). That would just be corporate suicide not to (And such a quick way to kill hype). I'll even go as far as to say I could see a proper reveal at the beginning and the end of the Direct. I mean, I'm not banking on it or anything, but I think with such limited time til release, there is the distinct possibility of seeing something like happen.

Let's just hope we get our King K. Rool in it. I can't believe we have to wait until Wednesday for this thing though... That's going to kill me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There's no telling who could be revealed in this Direct.

Could be a Pokemon, could be Isabelle, could be K. Rool.

My hopes for the Kremling King are still higher this time around, but if he's really in, we likely won't have an idea of when we'll know he is.

In any case, keep your hype up for new info, but proceed with caution, as always. It won't be the end of the world if K. Rool doesn't show up.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Another thing to consider other than them saving their big guns for later is that K. Rool's reveal would come relatively shortly after Ridley's, and although their personalities differ a lot they still share a somewhat similar archetype (villainous reptile), so I could see them delaying his reveal so that the newcomer cast will seem more diverse at this early of a stage (and again, so they don't blow their two biggest bombs in a row).

I really hope it's going to be K. Rool of course, but I'm not expecting it to be him this time, in any of the announcements after this next one I'll be a lot more hopeful for him.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Oh boy, I can't wait for the fake leaks that'll mention that [Highly Requested Character] is going to be confirmed in this direct!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's no telling who could be revealed in this Direct.

Could be a Pokemon, could be Isabelle, could be K. Rool.

My hopes for the Kremling King are still higher this time around, but if he's really in, we likely won't have an idea of when we'll know he is.

In any case, keep your hype up for new info, but proceed with caution, as always. It won't be the end of the world if K. Rool doesn't show up.
Logically Ashley could be the reveal since warioware gold came out last week

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It COULD be Rool, as well as it could be Ashley.

It's no use predicting Sakurai. The man changes his mind / rules like he changes clothes, it's important to remember that. :)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well this could be it guys. We may finally see our King or our friendly ponytailed kong in this Direct. I was not expecting a Smash Direct 2 months after a Smash Direct. But hey at least this one is actually being called a Smash Direct unlike the one back in July. At least this time I can't be disappointed due to lack of information on anything else!

StormC

Smash Hero
Bear in mind that many of Smash 4's confirmations happened well past the best timing for the character. I could see Ashley being revealed later.

I doubt K. Rool will be in this Direct though. How would you follow up on back-to-back Ridley and K. Rool reveals?
Well, Villager was revealed right after the US release of New Leaf and Rosalina was after 3D World. Most of the other characters didn’t have games in that timeframe to promote; Greninja is the only one to miss the boat of XY’s release.

If I had to put money on a reveal, it would be Ashley.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Alright, a new Direct! Hope you guys are all ready!

Of course, the king may or may not be announced by then, so keep your expectations in check, guys.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It could be any character. Let's not forget that even though some releases have coincided with new games releases, many have not. And "not" also includes many characters who had game releases close to direct dates that weren't announced to be a newcomer at all.

Here's a thought: could there be some significance to this being announced at a fighting game tournament?

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Regardless if it's someone I like or not, I will not be mad.

Happy to get some confirmation!

My heart wants the King, my mind expects the Witch! ❤

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I find it interesting to observe how the perception of the „most secure/obvious/logical“ character changed around. From Simon due to Vergeben over to Isabelle or Ashley...

Let‘s sit back, relax and see who we will get. Personally, I cannot wait and I sincerely still have my hopes up for K Rool

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
That's a downgrade imo. I would be so happy if we just got Simon on Wednesday.

I mean come on, that's the definition of moveset potential and personal flair.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's also possible we get multiple character reveals, I mean were only going to get so many directs between now and Dec. It's possible we get multiple character trailers

Top Bottom