• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
My gut is telling me that they won't reveal K Rool and Dixie so soon after Ridley. It's more likely going to be smaller characters like Isabelle or Ashley who they reveal this time.

My feeling is that Dixie and K Rool won't be revealed until the last minute like Duck Hunt, but I'd be happy and surprised with them being shown on Wednesday.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Unless we achieve Steins;Gate and get a Dixie/K. Rool double reveal trailer (or multiple reveals at all), I wouldn't expect a K. Rool reveal here even if he's in the game. That would be two fan-requested villain characters in a row. Unlikely.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just pray to god if they show Assist trophies that we don't see Dixie or K. Rool.

Please god no. Just please god no. Ashley and Isabelle were Assist before, so at least we DK fans didn't have to suffer that trauma.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think that we're going to have 2 characters, Ashley and Incineroar.
I can't imagine them revealing King K Rool and Dixie so soon after Ridley.
I'm really excited, i can't wait to see that direct !

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, or how we got Roy + Ryu trailers at the same Direct, or Corrin + Bayo. Could very easily get one at the beginning and one at the end.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do agree about 2 unique characters and about k rool

However no one can predict sakurai we could get anybody as a reveal

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
All right, so Ashley and Incineroar are your predictions. Mine are K. Rool himself and Simon Belmont. Let's see who wins!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, with all those leaks saying K. Rool would be revealed soon, I am kinda expecting the opposite, due to experience in the past. Not being pessimistic, though, I am still hopeful. Just trying to be safe, if you know what I mean.

Which music will be perfect for K Rool reveal?

This, of course!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Best timeline for me would be K. Rool and Chrom both being revealed since they're the only ones I want, but I'll try (and probably fail lol) to keep my expectations low

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I have no predictions for the Direct, myself. I honestly do not know what Sakurai has in store for us.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we get K Rool, Isaac, or Banjo revealed I'm hyped as crap for this game no matter what. Anyone else will get a "neat" from me then I'll go back to waiting for more reveals.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Or maybe a Dixie/Rool/Banjo trailer since they all technically come from the same universe (at least originally)

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Alright, if we're predicting two, I'll say Ashley and an Echo. If Verg is true, replace one if those with Belmont.

That said, I'll hold out hope for K. Rool both for Wednesday and in general until either he gets confirmed or deconfirmed.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ashley and Shadow Echo because both are short, red, black, and edgy.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Anyone seen this leak going around? Nobody on reddit or Source Gaming discord can find where this model came from and it's definitely in Smash Ultimate's style. Says we're getting 8 new characters total, and if that isn't including echos, then that means no new DKC character at all.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426683907

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I hope not! No offense to Lloyd fans. It's just, that many third parties, seriously? I guess it would show the ballot at work potentially...but....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Anyone seen this leak going around? Nobody on reddit or Source Gaming discord can find where this model came from and it's definitely in Smash Ultimate's style. Says we're getting 8 new characters total, and if that isn't including echos, then that means no new DKC character at all.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426683907
Its 4chan and I find it hard to believe we get 3 playable Namco characters

AIM0001

Smash Lord
True! Like the Dixie/Rool trailer a lot of us have been calling.
If we actually get a King K. Rool/Dixie combo reveal trailer, I will lose my cot damn mind! I mean I’d settle for K. Rool only of course. That being said.....If I had to make an honest prediction. I don’t see K. Rool being announced just yet. I think Sakurai wants to hold that one off from us for a little longer. I believe we my finally get that Simon Belmont trailer. Though it would do nothing for me since I’m not a castlevania guy. I’m anxious to just see some newcomers join the roster along with some new mode reveals.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I just heard about the direct. Here's hoping our King gets Krowned as a smash Kontender!

As for what music should be in the trailer, I'd lead in with Gangplank Galleon for initial reveal and the showing off moves portion of the trailer, then shift to Crocodile Cacophony for the remaining part where we see crazy combos showing off what K. Rool can really truly do.

Last edited:

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
If our Obese Overlord gets Konfirmed on Wednesday, I won't be able to celebrate because my plane lands in Toronto right after the scheduled time for the direct... I guess I'll just watch it at the airport since my flight connects all the way to Arizona, from where I won't be able to communicate up until the 14th... so if I pop up a week later to celebrate don't mind me...

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah, that video doesn't debunk anything. But it's suspicious what shots we were provided. And personally I do not think it matches Smash Ultimate's style. Looks too soft.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If that leak is real then we're not getting any new DK reps AGAIN.

What the hell. Does Sakurai seriously have this insane bias against DK? There's no reason Dixie at least shouldn't have made it in by now, especially Tropical Freeze being released in 2014.

Guys I'm depressed, looks like the DK franchise is still going to be stuck at only 2 reps. This is just sad now.

StormC

Smash Hero

What the hell. Does Sakurai seriously have this insane bias against DK? There's no reason Dixie at least shouldn't have made it in by now, especially Tropical Freeze being released in 2014.

Guys I'm depressed, looks like the DK franchise is still going to be stuck at only 2 reps. This is just sad now.
Chill. We could get nothing on Wednesday for DK and it wouldn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

What leak?

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
I think the 3d model at 00:39 is what the gif is taken from?

Edit: No wait it's more refined, holy **** that final roster would be so goddamn disappointing.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If this leak was real that would mean, Isabelle, Lloyd, and Haihachi all characters who received Mii costumes during the ballot will have been made playable. Except K. Rool... which is a big enough slap in the face to actually make me believe its true...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Let's not lose our heads yet. And even if the worst comes to pass, K. Rool is not included or he is an AT, let's make the best of whatever comes of it. That's all we can do. Look towards DLC. It's best not to take these things personally because it isn't. There is always a chance for a character like K. Rool.

StormC

Smash Hero
What about that one dude that spent hours upon hours on a Decidueye/Spring-Man leak?

This was revealed an hour after the Direct announcement. I doubt this dude just managed to get that info.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If haihachi gets revealed Wednesday there's a lot of questions still because there were leaks with him in them and K. Rool. So it could go either way. I guess wed have to wait until September and see if Lloyd gets revealed, if that happens....welp. I don't know.

Top Bottom