• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Kind of an odd coincidence that the march direct was the one that teased Smash Ultimate to begin with! :estatic:

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Even if we do get a new direct soon, there may not even be any Smash news in it. I get the feeling Smash will get its own directs, especially for new character reveals.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Even if we do get a new direct soon, there may not even be any Smash news in it. I get the feeling Smash will get its own directs, especially for new character reveals.
While you could be right, I really don’t want to see the meltdown that would occur if such a thing happened.

So many people would be freaking out about the continued lack of news, and that would be a big indication of just how limited the newcomers are actually going to be for a game coming out in a little over 4 months.

I think King K. Rool/Dixie Kong have the strength to at least guarantee one of them even with limited roster spots, but that would seemingly be a death knell to a lot of the speculation community...

StormC

Smash Hero
Doubtful. Pretty much every Direct during a Smash cycle had news about the game.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
For the record. Now that Ridley made it in after so much support it would be a crime if K.Rool didn't make it now.
That's why I am almost banking on him getting revealed at some point between now and December.
Good luck to all the supporters.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Smash is the only big game they have left this year. It would be suicidal not to show it.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Nintendo's currently only big games for the Fall is Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Super Mario Party, and of course Smash.

They may announce some more Wii-U ports for the Fall, but those are the only 3 big new games as of right now.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Ridley and K.Rool really do feel like brothers at this point. Both reptilian pirates who have been denied entry into the Smash Bros series. It just wont feel right if he doesn't make it in. I still expect a whole slew of bro tier art with the two if he does get in.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Ridley and K.Rool really do feel like brothers at this point. Both reptilian pirates who have been denied entry into the Smash Bros series. It just wont feel right if he doesn't make it in. I still expect a whole slew of bro tier art with the two if he does get in.
It would be awesome to see K. Rool reveal trailer making him side with Ridley. A man can dream!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Regarding the confusion about a possible Nintendo Direct on Friday, I want to note that Friday is Sakurai's birthday. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it would be nice if we get some kind of Smash announcement or trailer beyond the usual blog updates.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Regarding the confusion about a possible Nintendo Direct on Friday, I want to note that Friday is Sakurai's birthday. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it would be nice if we get some kind of Smash announcement or trailer beyond the usual blog updates.
The entire Smash Bros. community: "Happy birthday, Sakurai! What did you get us?" :laugh:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Doesn’t the Switch online service launch in September? I could imagine a Direct to air alongside that, rather than a random presentation in early August to be honest.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The recent comments Nintendo have made on bringing trailers to Gamescom doesn’t inspire me in terms of a potential Direct happening soon...

StormC

Smash Hero
https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1024570572817219584

It doesn’t disconfirm a Direct happening, but it does seem like their planning to show off more content at Gamescom and they might just choose to do that as opposed to a direct if they really don’t have much to show off at this time.
I could still see a mini-direct happening. 30 minutes to show off stuff that we still know little about like the Luigi's Mansion and Bowser's Inside Story remakes. And of course a character trailer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Regardless of whether or not it's likely to get a character reveal at Gamescom, I'm hoping we do.

That and info on Three Houses, but mainly a character reveal. :p

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before or not, but the rumor is that there will be a Direct in August/September, and a Smash focused Direct in October/November. That makes sense, and I expect Smash character reveals in both Directs if this is true.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before or not, but the rumor is that there will be a Direct in August/September, and a Smash focused Direct in October/November. That makes sense, and I expect Smash character reveals in both Directs if this is true.
I would guess this even without supposed "rumors."

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't put too much into the Gamescon thing there has never been a major announcement from Nintendo about, upcoming games at the event don't go in expecting much. Probably just some stuff we've seen.

Yes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is there but it's probably there s peeps can enjoy the game. Nothing more nothing less. We'll get news guys just got to hold out a little longer we'll see soon enough.

Now I got to head back into the shadows, all stealth like see you crazy crocs again soon. Stealth might be onto something with his guesses. Who knows later.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Wouldn't put too much into the Gamescon thing there has never been a major announcement from Nintendo about, upcoming games at the event don't go in expecting much. Probably just some stuff we've seen.

Yes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is there but it's probably there s peeps can enjoy the game. Nothing more nothing less. We'll get news guys just got to hold out a little longer we'll see soon enough.

Now I got to head back into the shadows, all stealth like see you crazy crocs again soon. Stealth might be onto something with his guesses. Who knows later.
Either way! I do just hope we get a new Smash Ultimate reveal soon that does show off something that we haven't already seen (A New Mode, Some New Stages, New Ways To Play Online, Some Newcomers, New Alternate Outfits!!!! Just please give us something new that we haven't seen yet for Bob Saget's wonderful sake!

JUST PLEASE STOP TORTURING US WITH NO NEW INFORMATION/SHOWING INFO WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT ALREADY NINTENDO (I BEG OF YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART)!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Something that just dawned on me: if K. Rool is in the game, they probably won't show him until after Diddy is posted on the site.

Keep your eyes open for that.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Has any new fake leak shown today so we can evaluate the lack of creativity of those involved?
There are like 5-10 per day on 4chan, no kidding. Some are just plain absurd, others sound like wishlists. Just a few more ellaborate get the highlights. But probably all are fake.

D

Deleted member

Enough into the shadow jokes from me, I'm here when I'm here. Anywho there's probably five a day popping up on 4chan.

Just got to know where, to look.

I wonder if Masahiro Sakurai and the development team, for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate see these leaks. And have a good laugh, probably do as some are just too hilarious. Then again they got a wonderful game to make doubt they care.

Not for nothing wouldn't be surprised if Goku and Shrek, and Courage the cowardly dog start popping up in these. Actually hope so cause that would be entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Considering we're desperate for news, I took it into my hands to recreate that beautiful HD K. Rool from the DKC2 fan art vid. I turned him from Kaptain to King and I decided to turn him into a Smash character! This is what it would be like if he's with the DK characters and what his icon could be. It's definitely a little choppy but I made it in a hurry so yeah...

But I do hope you guys like this.

The perfect DK roster imo

I'll reupdate it some other time to fix the crusty ass damage percentage but eh, I wanted to share this early lol

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Confession time: Im not a fan of the Smashified King K. Rool art that Omni made. Mostly the pose. And its the art everyone uses for everthing.
But at least I can expect something a lot better from the Smash team (no offense to Omni and his team of course, since some of their other Smashified art are spot on).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Considering we're desperate for news, I took it into my hands to recreate that beautiful HD K. Rool from the DKC2 fan art vid. I turned him from Kaptain to King and I decided to turn him into a Smash character! This is what it would be like if he's with the DK characters and what his icon could be. It's definitely a little choppy but I made it in a hurry so yeah...

I'll reupdate it some other time to fix the crusty *** damage percentage but eh, I wanted to share this early lol
this is just amazing! i could imagine K. Rool looking like that <3

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
One of my concerns is...if there is a direct on the 3rd...wouldn't they have announced it already?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Ashley thread is rapidly catching up to K. Rool's thread now. It just made it to 100 pages.

StormC

Smash Hero

I'll reupdate it some other time to fix the crusty *** damage percentage but eh, I wanted to share this early lol
I love how big the crown is. Nice work!

cybersai

Smash Ace
The Ashley thread is on hype alert because Wario Ware Gold comes out tomorrow in the U.S, Wario's bio is on the official site....and well...this is do or die time.

Ashley was an Assist in Smash U, so it's also possible she could easily be deconfirmed if they upload an Assist trophy Ashley pic in the next day or two. So I can see why they're nervous. I want Ashley too.

If it was for us and King K. Rool, I'd be having a mental breakdown.

Top Bottom