• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Well. here's another leak that seems like it just may have wight!

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422651525

That company is actually real!
I would honestly love this. Gengar would be such a badass pick for a pokemon. We've never even had a ghost pokemon before and gengar is the most popular one. He's actually my top 3 most wanted pokemon for a fighter. Its him, blaziken and meowth ( from the anime ). He's a better pick than that bird pokemon everyone talks about. He's cool I guess? but I prefer gengar. A ghost pokemon would not be a bad pick for this roster :) They should do luigis mansion to introduce gengar

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Funny how SSB isn't listed in Spooky Graphic's portfolio on their website. You'd think that'd be something worth mentioning.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I would honestly love this. Gengar would be such a badass pick for a pokemon. We've never even had a ghost pokemon before and gengar is the most popular one. He's actually my top 3 most wanted pokemon for a fighter. Its him, blaziken and meowth ( from the anime ). He's a better pick than that bird pokemon everyone talks about. He's cool I guess? but I prefer gengar. A ghost pokemon would not be a bad pick for this roster :) They should do luigis mansion to introduce gengar
Decidueye is a ghost type...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another new 'leak' it's interesting as they go into detail about characters their K. Rool is a bit different to what most people go with:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422601087
Already lost again

Simon belmont is not in his leak (the thing we are waiting for in smash ultimate since vergeben got 4/6 right about smash bros ultimate unless it's gemusatu again and cut during development)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
These fake leaks are getting better written at least. Less of that "I are worker of videogams company. I saw K. Kruel and DeeDee in Smash".

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
While I do think Gengar is a bit out there, he was in Pokken, and I know there are some people who would love to see Gengar.
Personally I don't mind more Gen 1, as I don't care for the whole "representing" part ... It's overdone. I rather want recognizable Pokémon, with a unique moveset, and something that's not done before in Smash.

The trailer of K. Rool was an interesting one, but it not taking place on Gangplank Galleon would bore me a bit tho, as it makes too much sense. At least considering Inkling and Ridley's location. They both paid homage to the characters. Inklings first trailer I believe started like that with Splatoon one if my memory does not fail me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sakurai and the team aren't including Pokemon reps just for the sake of arbitrary quotas. When they add new characters, they often look for anything new or unique that hasn't been done before. It's why Decidueye has been speculated because there aren't any strictly archery based characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai and the team aren't including Pokemon reps just for the sake of arbitrary quotas. When they add new characters, they often look for anything new or unique that hasn't been done before. It's why Decidueye has been speculated because there aren't any strictly archery based characters.
That's because they took the one dedicated archer that IS in Smash and expanded his moveset to include more things to make the character more interesting.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's because they took the one dedicated archer that IS in Smash and expanded his moveset to include more things to make the character more interesting.
True, but Decidueye is also more varied with its archery skills than Pit is. The Pits and Links all used arrows only as projectile attacks, and nothing else.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't believe K.Rool is guaranteed or extremely likely, but I'd say he still has a good chance of making it in and more than in any previous Smash game (about 70% chance). The detractors lately have really reached rock bottom in assuming the King has zero chance, comparing him to Waluigi.
image.png

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I've notice a sudden attack on not just K. Rool but DK as a series and its fans as well. Seems like people are realising that its very likely that either K. Rool and/or Dixie might actually be very viable options for new characters.

Seen some very interesting and new desperate reasons for K. Rool not being worthy which pretty much boil down because people just don't like him so that apparently removes any validity he has had over the past 20 years.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't believe K.Rool is guaranteed or extremely likely, but I'd say he still has a good chance of making it in and more than in any previous Smash game (about 70% chance). The detractors lately have really reached rock bottom in assuming the King has zero chance, comparing him to Waluigi.
View attachment 150987
I mean I wouldn't go as far as that anon is going with the venom, but I'd say Waluigi is absolutely more well known than K. Rool. The reach of the Mario spin-offs shouldn't be underestimated.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I have a feeling some people in this thread will appreciate this:

Anyhoo, I've lost my taste for p.issing contests between K. Rool and Dixie in terms of importance when both easily have passed the threshold to where they both should've been in Smash by now. I think a lot of which of the two you think stands out hinges on the importance you place on villains (I'm of the mind that they're key in driving most plots) and also who you prefer as a personality and an envisioned moveset.

Part of why the "DK Rep" argument irritates me is because forcing the two characters into a horse race, as though we can only get one or the other, is settling, plain and simple. That's a statement some people would look at and go "Baww, so insatiable," but that assumes I only want K. Rool to satisfy a series quota. Like, I prefer K. Rool by a wide margin but I'm still going to want Dixie if he makes it in. There's yet to be a Smash game yet where at least one series hasn't gotten two unique newcomers. Why not DK this time, given how long people have been asking for K. Rool and Dixie and what each can bring to the table?
Eh, I like this one better
chad vs virgin.png

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 150990
Idk man.... the column one the left is what I'd prefer admittedly, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the characters on the right column other than Steve and Goku (Well, I don't think we need Chrom considering the number of FE reps and the fact that we have two Awakening reps, but still, he ain't that bad).

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, posts like this are a large part of the reason K. Rool fans have been getting a bad reputation as of late. :/
It's meant to be a joke
Idk man.... the column one the left is what I'd prefer admittedly, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the characters on the right column other than Steve and Goku (Well, I don't think we need Chrom considering the number of FE reps and the fact that we have two Awakening reps, but still, he ain't that bad).
Shovel Night and Shantae are Indie game characters and Arms and Rex and Pyra are just advertisement characters. Shadow would just be a clone but has no chance being playable anyway since only the protagonist get to rep 3rd party in smash.
Why is Ashley on the wrong side

She's highly requested like are good old king
Maybe so but I'd rather play as Captain Syrup honestly if we're talking female Wario characters.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
View attachment 150990
That Incineroar and Mimikyu bias though... This whole "boomer vs. zoomer" meme is stupid and just another way to separate people into different categories in an attempt to legitimize ridiculing them. Sure, K. Rool is generally more popular among the older, more hardcore fans, but you can't tell me there aren't any kids who wouldn't like a crocodile with a crown.

Shadow would just be a clone but has no chance being playable anyway since only the protagonist get to rep 3rd party in smash.
Never say never. Sakurai has gone back on his word on multiple occasions, and you're once again putting too much faith into arbitrary patterns. Shadow isn't guaranteed, but saying he has zero chances is wrong.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That Incineroar and Mimikyu bias though... This whole "boomer vs. zoomer" meme is stupid and just another way to separate people into different categories in an attempt to legitimize ridiculing them. Sure, K. Rool is generally more popular among the older, more hardcore fans, but you can't tell me there aren't any kids who wouldn't like a crocodile with a crown.

Never say never. Sakurai has gone back on his word on multiple occasions, and you're once again putting too much faith into arbitrary patterns.
I don't think it really matters anymore at this point since detractors already don't like us.

Maybe but until I see another Sonic or any other 3rd party character from a same franchise added to the roster I remain skeptical.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think it really matters anymore at this point since detractors already don't like us.

Maybe but until I see another Sonic or any other 3rd party character from a same franchise added to the roster I remain skeptical.
Yeah but at the same time, effectively going "K. Rool is great but your favorite is only wanted by virgin losers" isn't going to curry any favor and may just turn away other potential K. Rool fans.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yeah but at the same time, effectively going "K. Rool is great but your favorite is only wanted by virgin losers" isn't going to curry any favor and may just turn away other potential K. Rool fans.
I think it's mainly referring to detractors and not descent people who actually want them.

Even they were just advertising I'd still love them in the game
That's fine too.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
You got to remember, the point of the virgin vs chad usually is to take the piss out of both, especially the chad. Being the chad isn't a good thing.

Also yes, Walugi is more popular than K. Rool. But who cares? K. Rool is as popular or more popular than characters we already have in Smash like Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, etc. There's so much "what will the casuals think" gatekeeping by people when the roster is full of "nobodies" from a casual point of view. Dumb.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You got to remember, the point of the virgin vs chad usually is to take the piss out of both, especially the chad. Being the chad isn't a good thing.

Also yes, Walugi is more popular than K. Rool. But who cares? K. Rool is as popular or more popular than characters we already have in Smash like Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, etc. There's so much "what will the casuals think" gatekeeping by people when the roster is full of "nobodies" from a casual point of view. Dumb.
If anything I'd say K. Rool is just as popular as Waluigi being how they both have a big name to their series and anyone who grew up in the 90's and early 2000's knows who they are. Also back then Mario, Zelda, DK, and Pokemon were the most talked about franchises. Metroid didn't really become popular again until 2002 starting with Metroid Prime.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I mean I wouldn't go as far as that anon is going with the venom, but I'd say Waluigi is absolutely more well known than K. Rool. The reach of the Mario spin-offs shouldn't be underestimated.
Of course Waluigi is more famous than King K. Rool. More iconic ? Not at all.

Mario is the biggest Nintendo's franchise, we can also say that Waluigi is more famous than Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Little Mac, Pit, Ridley, Dedede, every Fire Emblem characters.

Comparing Mario's characters to the rest is pointless. These people are just salty that K. Rool is now the most wanted character in the world, we shouldn't give them any attention.

+ Waluigi's popularity is just a trend, nothing else. And I love Waluigi, he was one of my most wanted character, but truth needs to be told.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yes K.Rool shouldn't be in because he's not popular among casuals. Unlike Ridley, a character from a niche series, or Bayonetta, who games always had weak sales.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Of course Waluigi is more famous than King K. Rool. More iconic ? Not at all.

Mario is the biggest Nintendo's franchise, we can also say that Waluigi is more famous than Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Little Mac, Pit, Ridley, Dedede, every Fire Emblem characters.

Comparing Mario's characters to the rest is pointless. These people are just salty that K. Rool is now the most wanted character in the world, we shouldn't give them any attention.

+ Waluigi's popularity is just a trend, nothing else. And I love Waluigi, he was one of my most wanted character, but truth needs to be told.
Trend? If you mean internet memes then I must highly disagree, he was cool before meming was even a thing.

Top Bottom