• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I'm starting an informal new YouTube series called "K. Rool Overcomes Characters People Didn't B**** Were OP During Release Week," in which I narrowly scrape by against characters who can unthinkingly throw out aerials and string characters along to the tune of 30-50%, but escaped the fanbase's wrath because they weren't a heavyweight with a burying throw.

To copy over my short essay in the video description:

I can say with no hesitation that I'm far from the best K. Rool player, and I make frequent mistakes in this and other matches. That being said, with K. Rool's current balance in Smash Ultimate being what it is, he can afford to make a fraction of the mistakes the top or high tier characters can and still win. And yet, it was K. Rool that got the bad rap of being a “brain dead” character whose players “eat glue”...?

Playing as him is a blast but the equivalent of using a real-world 1800s blunderbuss in a quickdraw contest against opponents with AK-47s. But then again, a "survey on Dwango's Niconico" didn't deem those opponents "strong" the first month the game was out. *eyeroll* (https://nintendoeverything.com/sakura...)

I'm concerned K. Rool will never receive substantive buffs out of a) a fear of alienating the people who did the b****ing (because doing so is easier than learning how to fight a new flavor of heavyweight) and b) a perception that, if some fans think K. Rool is OP and others think he's a "bottom tier noob stomper," then a happy medium has been achieved. Even modest tweaks the casual audience could not detect during FFAs, like slightly increased ground and aerial speed or better shield stun on DSmash and dash attack, would be marked improvements.

Knowing how the Smash balance team has handled Little Mac, I'm not optimistic. And it's unfortunate that while everyone (rightly) is heralding Ultimate as the most balanced game in the series to date, K. Rool is doomed to be left in the dust from a competitive standpoint. But that won't stop me from having fun with the newcomer I was gifted after 13 years hoping and dreaming!

Kulty

Smash Ace

I'm starting an informal new YouTube series called "K. Rool Overcomes Characters People Didn't B**** Were OP During Release Week," in which I narrowly scrape by against characters who can unthinkingly throw out aerials and string characters along to the tune of 30-50%, but escaped the fanbase's wrath because they weren't a heavyweight with a burying throw.

I can say with no hesitation that I'm far from the best K. Rool player, and I make frequent mistakes in this and other matches. That being said, with K. Rool's current balance in Smash Ultimate being what it is, he can afford to make a fraction of the mistakes the top or high tier characters can and still win. And yet, it was K. Rool that got the bad rap of being a “brain dead” character whose players “eat glue”...?

Playing as him is a blast but the equivalent of using a real-world 1800s blunderbuss in a quickdraw contest against opponents with AK-47s. But then again, a "survey on Dwango's Niconico" didn't deem those opponents "strong" the first month the game was out. *eyeroll* (https://nintendoeverything.com/sakura...)

I'm concerned K. Rool will never receive substantive buffs out of a) a fear of alienating the people who did the b****ing (because doing so is easier than learning how to fight a new flavor of heavyweight) and b) a perception that, if some fans think K. Rool is OP and others think he's a "bottom tier noob stomper," then a happy medium has been achieved. Even modest tweaks the casual audience could not detect during FFAs, like slightly increased ground and aerial speed or better shield stun on DSmash and dash attack, would be marked improvements.

Knowing how the Smash balance team has handled Little Mac, I'm not optimistic. And it's unfortunate that while everyone (rightly) is heralding Ultimate as the most balanced game in the series to date, K. Rool is doomed to be left in the dust from a competitive standpoint. But that won't stop me from having fun with the newcomer I was gifted after 13 years hoping and dreaming!
Fighting against :ultinkling: is really a big pain. I literally lose brain cells against this character bc of how frustrating he is to play against and the fact that he can spam whatever options he wants without being punished too hard in return. If people think:ultkrool:is annoying, then they're just bad at the game or just salty when he clearly has obvious and exploitable weaknesses. Inkling or other top tiers, on the other hand, is another story.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Kaptain BKupa666 BKupa666 you're doing God's work my good man.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Inkling makes me want to break something because they'd be decent even without the ability to do ludicrous damage with their stupid ink gimmick. Overly gimmicky characters tend to be annoying in general, especially ones where there's no real downside to said gimmick. :ultjoker: being the prime example, as he goes from a pretty good character to having the speed of Fox and the power of Ganondorf every 30 seconds or so.

As for K. Rool buffs, yeah, I'm not optimistic either (Me not being optimistic? Shocking.). Combine the early whining with basing balance changes off of elite smash, that's a very, very bad mix. Elite Smash is not exactly a haven of the best of the best. And I wouldn't surprise me if K. Rool still does pretty well there due to his ability to absolutely destroy novice to intermediate players. I'm feeling the same way about my other most wanted newcomer for Ultimate. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: is in a similar boat, though his situation isn't nearly as bad. Regardless, I feel early complaints/memes about :GCB: will lead to him not receiving meaningful buffs either.

With that said, I'd take this entire regretful situation over not having either of them at all. I shudder to think how much worse I'd feel if that had ended up being the case. Because an underwhelming character is annoying. An absent character is...Well, I'm pretty sure we all know at this point.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Alright guys. So I went to MarsensDomain tournament yesterday as my last tournament before I take a break for studies and IT WAS CRAZY. I came 2nd out of 16 entrants. This was the most fun tournament I had since then and the K Rool dittos I went to were some of the most fun dittos I played in Smash ever. I WAS LITERALLY HAVING THE BEST TIME AT THIS TOURNAMENT. Here is the stream if you guys want to watch it (bracket: https://challonge.com/9iyjm23r ). Hope these sets help improve your K Rool and the ditto matchup. :)

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
All of these top tiers running rampant, plus King K. Rool struggling, sends some sort of message to me. I just feel like we were all incredibly excited to see Nintendo and Sakurai listening to us, and it really did feel like King K. Rool was a forgotten character for over a decade. I'll personally never forget the day King K. Rool was announced, and I carry that energy and excitement I had with his reveal into my play with him to this day. In a world where Smash 4 happened and characters like Cloud and Bayonetta were added before King K. Rool, it feels so refreshing with characters like Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie also finally joining in Ultimate.

With that said, no matter how satisfied or grateful we are with King K. Rool's portrayal in Smash Ultimate, the majority of the competitive scene seems to have little regard for our passion. Many top players still think he's among the worst in the game, and it gets very tiring seeing many people on Reddit post quickplay combos with King K. Rool getting bodied or saying "Remember how everyone thought he was good at first?????".

Personally, I'm just trying to have fun with the character I like the most, as King K. Rool has always been one of my favorite characters alongside Charizard. I always had a feeling that if King K. Rool were added to Smash someday, he would be a mid-tier or lower, but I never thought I would see the day where he was actually added. As long as I can go to tournaments and show people that King K. Rool can do cool things, I'm happy. But it can be hard with the way the community discourages low tier mains.

For example, I was just at Switchfest this past weekend, and had a couple of interesting interactions. One Richter player I lost to in bracket told me right afterwards "That matchup seems hard for King K. Rool." and just left. That gave me a pretty sour feeling for a couple of minutes. Someone else later that evening approached me, seeing my King K. Rool controller and shirt, and asked me "Do you seriously main King K. Rool?". I of course said yes, then he went on to bug me about stuff like "Why use a low tier?" and "What are your worst matchups?". I stayed calm on the outside, but it really got to me on the inside. I offered to money match him for $20, he didn't accept it but we still played a best of three. I beat him 2-1, then he was like "You're the first King K. Rool I played outside of quickplay".

Overall, I guess my thoughts are among these lines; why do people in the competitive community judge who we play as much so much? Sorry for the rant, but it does hurt to see how our king's return to gaming has been met with so much backlash from the competitive scene. When I beat people with King K. Rool, sometimes the first thing they think of is "I lost to a low tier, I suck at this game!", and that really stings in my opinion. It feels like it discredits any legitimate skill I may have as a player. All I personally want to do is do well with a dream character that I've been wanting my whole life, but it doesn't fit the competitive scene's agenda, so it hurts more than it helps. It's also interesting, because Ultimate's character roster largely consists on veteran characters, with very few newcomers compared to previous installments. So a lot of the time, I feel like it really is my dream character versus the legacy of the whole Smash franchise. It makes King K. Rool in competitive play seem like even more of an outcast than he would've been in Brawl or Smash 4.

Sorry for the rant, I just felt like getting that out of my system. I don't usually complain about King K. Rool too much, but after enduring so much in the SoCal scene for the last 9 months, it's starting to get to me a bit. I plan on taking a break for a couple of months from the competitive scene, but I will always represent King K. Rool and will definitely attend tournaments throughout next year. At least I won Super Mario Maker 2 at Switchfest!

Alright guys. So I went to MarsensDomain tournament yesterday as my last tournament before I take a break for studies and IT WAS CRAZY. I came 2nd out of 16 entrants. This was the most fun tournament I had since then and the K Rool dittos I went to were some of the most fun dittos I played in Smash ever. I WAS LITERALLY HAVING THE BEST TIME AT THIS TOURNAMENT. Here is the stream if you guys want to watch it (bracket: https://challonge.com/9iyjm23r ). Hope these sets help improve your K Rool and the ditto matchup. :)

Congrats on earning 2nd place dude! It's always fun fighting your King K. Rool in the ditto, good luck with the studies and keep up the great work!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All of these top tiers running rampant, plus King K. Rool struggling, sends some sort of message to me. I just feel like we were all incredibly excited to see Nintendo and Sakurai listening to us, and it really did feel like King K. Rool was a forgotten character for over a decade. I'll personally never forget the day King K. Rool was announced, and I carry that energy and excitement I had with his reveal into my play with him to this day. In a world where Smash 4 happened and characters like Cloud and Bayonetta were added before King K. Rool, it feels so refreshing with characters like Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie also finally joining in Ultimate.

With that said, no matter how satisfied or grateful we are with King K. Rool's portrayal in Smash Ultimate, the majority of the competitive scene seems to have little regard for our passion. Many top players still think he's among the worst in the game, and it gets very tiring seeing many people on Reddit post quickplay combos with King K. Rool getting bodied or saying "Remember how everyone thought he was good at first?????".

Personally, I'm just trying to have fun with the character I like the most, as King K. Rool has always been one of my favorite characters alongside Charizard. I always had a feeling that if King K. Rool were added to Smash someday, he would be a mid-tier or lower, but I never thought I would see the day where he was actually added. As long as I can go to tournaments and show people that King K. Rool can do cool things, I'm happy. But it can be hard with the way the community discourages low tier mains.

For example, I was just at Switchfest this past weekend, and had a couple of interesting interactions. One Richter player I lost to in bracket told me right afterwards "That matchup seems hard for King K. Rool." and just left. That gave me a pretty sour feeling for a couple of minutes. Someone else later that evening approached me, seeing my King K. Rool controller and shirt, and asked me "Do you seriously main King K. Rool?". I of course said yes, then he went on to bug me about stuff like "Why use a low tier?" and "What are your worst matchups?". I stayed calm on the outside, but it really got to me on the inside. I offered to money match him for $20, he didn't accept it but we still played a best of three. I beat him 2-1, then he was like "You're the first King K. Rool I played outside of quickplay".

Overall, I guess my thoughts are among these lines; why do people in the competitive community judge who we play as much so much? Sorry for the rant, but it does hurt to see how our king's return to gaming has been met with so much backlash from the competitive scene. When I beat people with King K. Rool, sometimes the first thing they think of is "I lost to a low tier, I suck at this game!", and that really stings in my opinion. It feels like it discredits any legitimate skill I may have as a player. All I personally want to do is do well with a dream character that I've been wanting my whole life, but it doesn't fit the competitive scene's agenda, so it hurts more than it helps. It's also interesting, because Ultimate's character roster largely consists on veteran characters, with very few newcomers compared to previous installments. So a lot of the time, I feel like it really is my dream character versus the legacy of the whole Smash franchise. It makes King K. Rool in competitive play seem like even more of an outcast than he would've been in Brawl or Smash 4.

Sorry for the rant, I just felt like getting that out of my system. I don't usually complain about King K. Rool too much, but after enduring so much in the SoCal scene for the last 9 months, it's starting to get to me a bit. I plan on taking a break for a couple of months from the competitive scene, but I will always represent King K. Rool and will definitely attend tournaments throughout next year. At least I won Super Mario Maker 2 at Switchfest!

Congrats on earning 2nd place dude! It's always fun fighting your King K. Rool in the ditto, good luck with the studies and keep up the great work!
Who cares what any of those jerks think, King K. Rool is here to stay baby! I'll kick *** with K. Rool anyday of the week.

Kulty

Smash Ace

THANKS Handy Man Handy Man . I unfortunately will take a break on Smash to focus on my studies, but I'm really proud of your Super Mario Maker 2 performance. Hit me up once you feel like playing friendlies again and hope this tournament stream helps.

I feel you about your situation with King K Rool. I really feel people still don't understand the character and they really want to write him off as being bad, just bc of quickplay K Rools. They are still not aware of good players who actually push the character like Ben Gold, Onua, Muk and even us. I do feel a bit of that in my locals too. Some people just write him off as being bad when I just body them most of the time. Let me tell you a recent local I went to. I was playing friendlies with a bunch of people and we were doing King of the Hill. When it was my turn, I fought against a Ridley. He wasn't the best, so I still beat him pretty easily. I hear people from the background who were watching our friendlies say: ''WOW. YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO UNDER PLATFORM WITH BLUNDERBUSS?'' Inside, I WAS TRIGGERED. I am still shocked that people don't know that at this point in the meta. Also, a few months ago, I fought against a good Samus round 1 in bracket. I 2-0ed him, and he was so salty after that. I think he's tilted to the fact that he lost to a K Rool in which he thinks that Samus wins the MU (which I kinda do agree).

Again, I dislike repeating myself, but I'll say it again. If you lose to a:ultkrool:regardless of the player's skill level and you're salty about it, then either you just got outplayed or you just don't know the matchup. If you want to know how to beat K Rool (which is really easy to do btw), you just need to play a few matches to understand how much you can exploit him. It's fine if you dislike fighting the Kroc, but if you're complaining about him, you're just straight up blaming yourself. I think beating a really good King K Rool is an accomplishment in itself, just as much as other characters.

Any who, I'll still be here from time to time, but I won't be active in tournaments for quite some months.

Who cares what any of those jerks think, King K. Rool is here to stay baby! I'll kick *** with K. Rool anyday of the week.
Agreed.

Best to not take the neurotic, neck beard comments from the basement dwellers to heart. I know it can be hard to swallow and yes, there are many characters who are more viable in the competitive scene.

But remove yourself from that dumpster fire and think about how K.Rool's return has the opportunity to do wonders in the grander scheme of things, namely the DKC series and his status as the big boss there. K.Rool's inclusion in Smash shows there is a demand and love for the character, which will hopefully be reciprocated by his return in the next DK title. That, plus a whole new generation of fans/gamers has got the opporutnitiy to experience and learn about K.Rool, plus DKC as a franchise.

Think of the bigger picture :)

And thank you for posting these tournament updates, things get slow over here as they do, but great to hear people kicking ass with the krazy kroc king!

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While I rarely post in here anymore. What they are saying IMO isnt exactly "wrong" K.Rool IS bottom teir and needs buffs badly. I dont think they are putting down you or the character himself just how hes designed and within the context of Smash itself. I would rather here people say "Why do you main a low teir like K.Rool?" because at the end of the day he's in the game and I enjoy playing him and thats all that matters. Like I said they arent 100% wrong.

I'd rather hear **** like that over the crap we had to hear for YEARS in the speculation period of being "too irrelevant", or "too fat and ugly", "K.Rool fans are a small loud minority", or "Microsoft owns the Kremlings so shut up!" AND everything else inbetween because at least we knew a lot of that **** was bull**** and untrue. Where as K.Rool being low teir isnt exactly false..

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I rarely post in here anymore. What they are saying IMO isnt exactly "wrong" K.Rool IS bottom teir and needs buffs badly. I dont think they are putting down you or the character himself just how hes designed and within the context of Smash itself. I would rather here people say "Why do you main a low teir like K.Rool?" because at the end of the day he's in the game and I enjoy playing him and thats all that matters. Like I said they arent 100% wrong.

I'd rather hear **** like that over the crap we had to hear for YEARS in the speculation period of being "too irrelevant", or "too fat and ugly", "K.Rool fans are a small loud minority", or "Microsoft owns the Kremlings so shut up!" AND everything else inbetween because at least we knew a lot of that **** was bull**** and untrue. Where as K.Rool being low teir isnt exactly false..
The reality we live in now is a dream compared to pre-August 8th 2018 so I wholeheartedly agree.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I agree completely. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about the dumpster fire that is Fighter Pass speculation, knowing that our most wanted was guaranteed in the base roster. The people that wanted Banjo & Kazooie got extremely lucky, I would be very surprised if Sakurai picked any other ballot choices for the rest of the fighter's pass. If our kremling king still wasn't announced for the game, we would have been speculating about him as DLC for the past year instead. Personally, I much rather feel safe knowing that he's in Smash as a low tier, rather than still being absent entirely from the roster. Sure, I feel bad for fanbases of characters like Geno and Isaac, but Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie were given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that we just have to accept and run with, regardless of how good they actually are.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I agree completely. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about the dumpster fire that is Fighter Pass speculation, knowing that our most wanted was guaranteed in the base roster. The people that wanted Banjo & Kazooie got extremely lucky, I would be very surprised if Sakurai picked any other ballot choices for the rest of the fighter's pass. If our kremling king still wasn't announced for the game, we would have been speculating about him as DLC for the past year instead. Personally, I much rather feel safe knowing that he's in Smash as a low tier, rather than still being absent entirely from the roster. Sure, I feel bad for fanbases of characters like Geno and Isaac, but Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie were given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that we just have to accept and run with, regardless of how good they actually are.
It's sad to think about it, but Isaac or Geno could have been K. Rool.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Another major patch and no buffs.

He's been in the toilet for so long they may as well just flush at this point... :(

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
To be fair, this update wasn't majorly focused on balance changes like 4.0 was. Any potential changes for most of the cast I think will likely come in another interquel update sometime before the next fighter's release (where K. Rool can hopefully get his adjustment due sometime then), though it's anyone's guess. Since Ridley can actually kill consistently now after his 4.0 buffs, K. Rool's been my most wanted on the buff list, which I'm not ready to give up on yet, but I get why some are doubtful on him getting his needed treatment.

So... How y'all like K. Rool on Home-Run Contest?

Kulty

Smash Ace
The fact that my man Sakurai showcased:ultkrool:in the Home-Run Contest really makes me happy. Glad he still gets a lot of exposure even though the attention lately is focused more on DLC fighters. :)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The fact that my man Sakurai showcased:ultkrool:in the Home-Run Contest really makes me happy. Glad he still gets a lot of exposure even though the attention lately is focused more on DLC fighters. :)
Yeah I noticed that too K.Rool keeps getting exposure in almost every smash related presentation/reveal (certainly more than any other base roster newcomer). Really makes me think Sakurai has a soft spot for the big guy.

Damned1

Smash Cadet
Well, this definetely wasn't balance patch, considering how short the list of changes is. So while im definetely disappointed with not a single change for K. Rool (come on, buff that Forward Smash, every time i see its shield damage, part of me is in disbelief), many other "not-that-good" characters are in the same spot. Well, let's hope for more balancing next time, K. Rool included.

Btw, may i say how much i appreciate the way Sakurai solved Sans debut? He wouldn't work as a character IMO (for similar reasons as bomberman and then some) and some people would be mad at another fan-favourite character to be an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that we, the fans, got the long since abandoned K. Rool a day 1 ticket to what is now going to be the biggest media crossover of all time?

I can’t wait to see what characters the King is going to be bumping shoulders with come season 2 of DLC.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Fighting against :ultinkling: is really a big pain. I literally lose brain cells against this character bc of how frustrating he is to play against and the fact that he can spam whatever options he wants without being punished too hard in return. If people think:ultkrool:is annoying, then they're just bad at the game or just salty when he clearly has obvious and exploitable weaknesses. Inkling or other top tiers, on the other hand, is another story.
I LOATHE the inkling matchup as KKR. It's like the character was designed specifically to annoy KKR mains.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I LOATHE the inkling matchup as KKR. It's like the character was designed specifically to annoy KKR mains.
Inkling is a character that's just designed to piss you off in general. No matter who you're playing, you're not going to have a fun time against Inkling. That's in my opinion.

StormC

Smash Hero
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.4gamer.net/games/412/G041234/20190906163/

It's a breakdown of the art direction of Smash Ultimate. It's in Japanese, but they show K. Rool and talk about him!

Autotranslate says, uh, this:

Load countermeasures for each fighter are also required. For example, King Crule has a large drawing area and tends to be loaded, but at first, the cloak behind the body was drawn, and it was further loaded. Therefore, we took measures to avoid drawing parts that could not be seen by overlapping with the body.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
2GGaming has announced that Kongo Saga will be taking place on December 7th and 8th, I can't wait to rock the kroc there!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, can I show you all something I wrote? It includes King K. Rool, and it is the cast of characters of Smash Bros. Ultimate written to be like the Cast of Characters ending segment of the old Donkey Kong Country trilogy games. Plus, it is on Deviant Art. Can I share it?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Eat your hearts out.

K. Rool might be bottom tier in practice but he’s Top One in terms of making fun montages.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
What games do you guys hope king k rool will appear in next? I think mario kart tour is a good bet! Though to be in for a mario sports game i think he’ll have to appear in a new donky kong game first

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mario Tennis Aces perhaps?
Would be nice, but I doubt it'd be that since they just got one character slot left, IIRC.

What games do you guys hope king k rool will appear in next? I think mario kart tour is a good bet! Though to be in for a mario sports game i think he’ll have to appear in a new donky kong game first
Yeah, at this stage the waiting game for a new DKC may be the current course of action taken.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I honestly just want him to be in a new Donkey Kong Country next. Seeing him as a playable character in Mario Kart and Tennis would be great, and I would definitely main him in Mario spin-offs, but he's long overdue to return to his previous role. I don't know when the next Donkey Kong Country game would release, let alone if it's even in development right now, but I think the new generation of kids need to see why he was such a beloved villain during our childhoods.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He’s not going to appear in any regular spinoffs until he shows up in the next mainline DK game. That’s where he’s going to get a standardized non-Smash modern design like the other Kongs, which then can be used elsewhere.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He’s not going to appear in any regular spinoffs until he shows up in the next mainline DK game. That’s where he’s going to get a standardized non-Smash modern design like the other Kongs, which then can be used elsewhere.
At this stage, it could arrive sometime between now and 2023, knowing how Retro is. Especially since the in-house studio doing Metroid Prime 4 messed up enough so they have to work on that, too.

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
So uhm hello to you all! Just going to popping into some discussion groups with Characters I've been thinking of picking up! K. Rool was my first pick to go with sooo... Here I am! :ultkrool:

New to Smash boards as well, so forgive my short comings going forward!

On the current topic, I'd certainly love to see a new DK Game bring back the Kremlins! Even if they want to focus on New Villians, I'd suspect that the popularity of King K. Rool in Smash and with the Ballot votes that helped get him in. Nintendo are reevaluating his role in the DK Series. Perhaps like in the Banjo trailer, he becomes more of a friendly rival than a pure villian? Not sure!

Top Bottom