• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Guys, thoughts on Marsens' Domain video about:ultkrool:? Pretty much agree with his and it's pretty sad to say how hype he was at launch and then he turns out to be terrible. K Rool needs buffs more than any other character in my eyes (even more than :ultpiranha:). Feels bad man. :(

I've said it in the past and I'll say it again: KKR is to SSBU what the Pyro was to TF2, a character/class that new players are quick to cry "cheap" over but becomes a nonissue as soon as they learn the matchup.

I particularly agree with what he said about KKR having no aerials that allow him to escape combo pressure. This means that fast, aggressive characters can absolutely destroy him while he can do little to retaliate. Once the opponent understands to stop respecting KKR, it becomes extremely easy to prevent him from doing the things he wants to do.

Rizen

Smash Legend
All right. I got 17th out of 99 entrants. Here`s the bracket and results for each set I played (bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/smash-the-lan-ultimate/events/ultimate-singles/brackets) :
Winners Round 2 (pools): :ultkrool:(LS4ME) 2 - 1:ultwiifittrainerm:(WarMachine)
Winners Quarters (pools): :ultkrool:(LS4ME) 0 - 2 :ultganondorf:(Smokk)
Losers Round 3 (pools): :ultkrool:(LS4ME) 2 - 0 :ultbayonetta:/:ultness: (Roony), got out of pools at top 32
Losers Round 1 (top 32): :ultkrool:(LS4ME) 2 - 0 :ultjoker:(Gizeh)
Losers Round 2 (top 32): :ultkrool:(LS4ME) 0 - 2:ultdarksamus:(Justin), UGH HATE THAT MU, but got eliminated.

I feel I can truly push solo K Rool at this point if I can work on those annoying MUs.
Great work!

Kulty

Smash Ace
What things gave you the most difficulty as K Rool at a tourney? I have played almost exclusively online since release so haven't had the chance to really feel what it's like to play against good players w/o internet latency
Camping is generally the biggest problem for K Rool. You have to play super patient since they are going to be the ones who bully and not let you play the game. As for rushdown, expect to get comboed hard and don't airdodge too much (it's my biggest mistake against them), zone them with Krown and Blunderbuss, punish their landing with Ftilt or FSmash if you're willing to go for it. Just make them stop their movement and make them play your game. Always look for opportunities and capitalize on your advantage state a lot since K Rool does not have much guaranteed combos, but his moves deal a lot of damage. Also, go for grabs and mainly go for upthrow to rack up damage. Hope it helps. :D

D

Deleted member

You know what happened. First people learned his flaws. Then I believe some people took it WAY too much over the top (I don’t think his perception should’ve been a full 180), and kept whining about the weaknesses. Then you get social media. The influence plagues the world, and thus his playerbase and light fades. Sharply. The B-Tier should’ve at least given him more players. Nope, social media still snots and his perception barely changed.

I will still support the Croc 100%, just that I’m disappointed to how exaggerated situations like these have tooken. K. Rool may be low tier but come on, give him a chance to be taken seriously. Please. I hate it when people pay attention only to his flaws.

D

Deleted member

Well, even then, a handful of other forums (Competitive Disucssions or Newcomer Speculation) are extremely active, so people like me who can’t access Discord easily use Smashboards.

Kulty

Smash Ace
RIP I think:ultkrool:is officially the worst character in the game now. I really think they don't want to buff him due to casuals. Other characters like:ultisabelle:and:ultpiranha: got buffed in this patch, so RIP. This is honestly really dissapointing. They notice other characters, but NOT K ROOL? AND HE'S THE ONE NEEDING BUFFS THE MOST out of any character. :(

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Not every character is getting changed every patch. The Rool improvements will come with Banjo, if not sooner.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Already forgot the croc received buffs before while those characters got nothing until now?

Let it go. No amount of changes is going to result in a sudden influx of players, short of turning K. Rool into a different character entirely. His archetype is just too difficult to be consistent with at high level.

I think Kirby and Little Mac at least still have a case for being worse than K. Rool. Those two can be scary when they get in, but a lot of the time they just can't and have very poor endurance to offset that. K. Rool may feel as exploitable as them sometimes but at least he has great endurance and some defence to help give him a chance to turn things around.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
No buffs still is disheartening especiall since he was not the only trash tier bottom of the barrel character to be ignored.. kirby and jr once again also got nothing.. but on the otherhand ridley shows hope for the next patch perhaps, the lack of big reactionary nerfs(joker basically stayed safe thankfully) and focus on buffing lacking characters to be able to compete better instead show great promise for this game's future compared to the trainwreck that was 4's philosophy. so.. outside of my dissapointment in k.rool and kirby getting snubbed the buffs they deserved I am overall pleased with the direction of this patch

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
At least he didn't get nerfed unnecessarily that I'm thank for.

Well, tonight marks five years since I joined Smashboards. And one of the reasons I join this site in the first place was to discuss K. Rool with all of you. Five years ago K. Rool was among the biggest characters in specualation and now I got my top three in K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie. I'm so glad I met all of you here and that we experienced the greatest high as Kutthroats with K. Rool's konfirmation nearly a year ago. I'll continue to get better with K. Rool and hopefully get Elite Smash someday. Cheers Kutthroats!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Good news everyone, I reached top eight for the first time at a SoCal weekly! I placed 7th out of 39 players. I may have gotten 5th with a little more effort, but I'm proud of my progress as a player. I will also be attending EVO this weekend, and will report back on my results and thoughts. I am very excited and honored to rep the Kremling King, and I will never give up on the character I fought so hard for over the years; my finest hour is upon us!

Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/hollywo...ate-singles/brackets/627040/1034631/standings

Tournament VOD:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Good news everyone, I reached top eight for the first time at a SoCal weekly! I placed 7th out of 39 players. I may have gotten 5th with a little more effort, but I'm proud of my progress as a player. I will also be attending EVO this weekend, and will report back on my results and thoughts. I am very excited and honored to rep the Kremling King, and I will never give up on the character I fought so hard for over the years; my finest hour is upon us!

Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/hollywo...ate-singles/brackets/627040/1034631/standings

Tournament VOD:
What are your first impressions on the:ulthero:-:ultkrool:matchup? I imagine that this MU can be pretty annoying for the King.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
What are your first impressions on the:ulthero:-:ultkrool:matchup? I imagine that this MU can be pretty annoying for the King.
I think the most important possibility about this matchup is Hero getting bounce, as it temporarily invaildates our projectile game, which can hurt King K. Rool’s neutral a lot. The fire attack the Hero has can be reflected though, which may discourage Hero from using it often. Hero is unable to juggle King K. Rool in the same way that high tiers like Joker and Palutena can, so what King K. Rool needs to watch out for in my opinion are Hero’s spacing and potential walls he can create, regardless if he’s spacing well with his sword or makes it hard to approach with the fire, electricity, or down b spells. It’s still very early days and I don’t have a definite verdict on how I feel about the matchup, but I think other sword fighters like Lucina and Young Link are harder to fight than Hero is.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I think the most important possibility about this matchup is Hero getting bounce, as it temporarily invaildates our projectile game, which can hurt King K. Rool’s neutral a lot. The fire attack the Hero has can be reflected though, which may discourage Hero from using it often. Hero is unable to juggle King K. Rool in the same way that high tiers like Joker and Palutena can, so what King K. Rool needs to watch out for in my opinion are Hero’s spacing and potential walls he can create, regardless if he’s spacing well with his sword or makes it hard to approach with the fire, electricity, or down b spells. It’s still very early days and I don’t have a definite verdict on how I feel about the matchup, but I think other sword fighters like Lucina and Young Link are harder to fight than Hero is.
I did a bit of testing with the projectile interactions with Crownerang on Hero's Neutral-B. Phases 1 and 2 (frizz and Frizzle respectively) of Neutral B gets invalidated by Krown, but it is just phase 3 (Kafrizz) that it completely denies the Crown as expected. Also, first hit of F-tilt for Hero can prevent him from getting hit by forward toss of Krown, but he can still get hit by the returning hit if his reaction time is too slow. :)

I'll have to test for Blunderbuss more though. :)

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Went to a local tourney today, won my first two sets (against a DK then a Pokémon Trainer) and then got knocked into losers by a Ganon. Then I got eliminated by a different Ganon.

Playing exclusively online has made my offline ability to tech big boy Ganon's command grab absolutely nonexistent, and I also fell for some silliness, but this was my first tournament ever so I'm okay with the results turning out this way. Not bad at all and I heard some people talking about my K Rool so that's a pretty neat feeling

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Our Blunderbuss actually denies Kafrizz, which is awesome.

I do Not find the MU to be difficult at all, would even dare to say that the King has the upper hand, here

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I agree, Hero is that one rare matchup where surprisingly I think K.rool truly has a solid advantage in. he can deny hero's projectiles with his own(and reflect them even as i imagine this is one of those matchups where the belly counter can actually be useful in) and hero's close range frame data is so bad that k.rool can actually punish his approaches.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
aside from him just being in the game there's not much Positivity to be found when discussing K.Rool in smash online

it always comes back to his status as a less than ideal main character

there's a reason The topic people kept coming back to on this sub-forum was "k.rool's a garbage low tier" and every other topic was either dead or not getting anywhere near the attention that was

i don't enjoy any of this i hate it but the longer he goes without any legit buffs the harder it is for me to simply ignore his many flaws

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I'd be spouting positivity every day if I had anything new to say, but I just don't. I'm still playing him, still having fun. Still super happy with how his moveset and animations stay faithful to the character I've loved for the past twenty years.
There's not much in the way of positivity that hasn't been repeated since the game came out, but his position as a character and his prospects for appearing in future games are still MILES better than they were prior to his inclusion. Just thinking about the idea gets me excited for the future of the DK series whenever it finally rolls around.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Honestly, as far as bottom tiers go K.rool isn't TOO bad. not gonna lie and say he's great but they atleast have some ok stuff they can do and don't feel like.. unusably bad(ie: jr., kirby and little mac who are also in that state i'd say definitely fall in that "terrible and blatantly feels terrible" category) and can still be fun.(though it does annoy me how they conceptually have so much potential with just a few tweeks IMO but are just out of reach due to several baffling design decisions in regards to his weaknesses like his lag on nair and krown's disproportionate drawback)

After this last patch honestly going in a great new direction i'm fairly optimistic about K.rool being next on the buffing block.(and if not though it would be really dissapointing he can still be a fun secondary to mess around)

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe it's been a year already. Time flies. I drew something for the occasion.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Was about to post the same.
Still remember it like it was yesterday. What a wonderful 8.8.18 has been.

Happy anniversary, Kremling Krew!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Happy 1 year anniversary fellow Kutthroats!! Wow. It really feels like yesterday doesn't it? A day I'll never forget. The first of two incredible komebacks in Ultimate with the other being Banjo & Kazooie of course. I still enjoy the thrills of maining K. Rool. I enjoy kicking ass with him online. Here's to many more years of our favorite Kremling Kaptain King!! I am posting the first of my many screenshots of K. Rool for this special occasion.
2019031723353000-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't believe it. It's been one whole year since our king has been confirmed. I can imagine our reactions other than my own as to how excited we were when our king appeared in that trailer, knocking King Dedede out of the picture before starting his reign as the newest king and heavyweight to join Smash Bros. I am personally so glad King K. Rool got in. I really love playing as him, and he is one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Today, we honor King K. Rool, an abandoned CGI crocodile who found a home because we #KrocdTheVote.
We honor his return and his extraordinary feat of receiving both the most real votes and the most fake votes in the Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wow! It's been one year since K. Rool's reveal. It felt like it was just yesterday when I was seating in my room watching the live stream of the August 8th Direct on Youtube. I remember not expacting K. Rool to show up because of Vergeben leaking Simon and Nintendo accidentally dropping Bloody Tears/Monster Dance on their Youtube channel the night before. When I saw Klaptrap as one of the Assist Trophies, I knew right then K. Rool was 100% percent in and when I heard the rumbling and the screen shaking when Sakurai was about to close the Direct, I knew K. Rool was coming right at that very moment. My heart beat was racing so fast that I felt like I was about to have a heart attack. It was such a emotional moment for me. Banjo & Kazooie gave me that same feeling when they were revealed at E3 and I thought I was about to die that day because of how fast my heart was beating.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow. So it's really been a year since King K. Rool came aboard? Time really does fly when there's no longer any need to agonize over whether every minute piece of Smash content bodes well or poorly for your favorite gaming character ever appearing again. I remember reading the August 8 Direct announcement a few days before at the beach and getting amped up with excitement and nervousness at the same time. It was clear Sakurai was taking fan ideas into consideration with Everyone is Here and Ridley, and there were rumblings of a "Steve Mayles character" in the mix (though those ended up referring to the other ones). Still, the usual doubts persisted, and with Simon already leaked by Vergeben and all but locked in to be revealed from Nintendo's own screw-up with the Castlevania icon in their music update, people started throwing K. Rool under the bus in ways reminiscent of the Smash 4 era. Before they got outed as a bulls***ter, lupensko purported to have inside information that there were no DK newcomers, and people started attributing that to Vergeben (to this day, this still is his most recent tweet). On ResetEra, there was this gem. I didn't lose hope but there was dread at the idea of four more months waiting for answers, with the stakes higher for K. Rool than ever before. The fanbase inevitability was going to become even more fervent in drowning out anyone critical of Ultimate's roster, so if he missed out, it would have been a true nail in the coffin for the character, in Smash and general.

You all know what happened next. K. Rool not only became playable, but he got the red carpet treatment compared to basically every other newcomer. In his personality and moveset, he's a crowdsourced character designed via ballot write-ups from the fanbase, he's placed extremely prominently in cutscenes and marketing materials, and he comes bundled with a Klaptrap assist trophy and what are more or less three character-specific music remixes. His trailer became the gold standard for character reveals, with so much effort poured in, they created five pieces of hero vs. villain artwork, only visible for a few seconds, just to better establish K. Rool as the definitive DK villain. Even better, fans brought about all this in the fullest and best-selling Smash game to date, giving the character polish and a sort of notoriety that never would've been the case had he been tacked onto the comparatively half-baked Smash 4 as DLC. The wait was tough, but I would've gladly done it ten times over if I knew this would be the resolution. Yeah, K. Rool is one of the worst characters in the game and is never going to get substantive buffs, thanks to the adjustment team and their fear of whinging from people who can't fathom a heavyweight with the tools to get around very, very skillfull F-Air and U-Tilt strings. But everything it took to get to this point was about bringing K. Rool back, not about converting him into an emotionless tool a tiny number of competitive players can use to make money. Even just moving the pointer over to his icon and hearing Xander Mobus call out "KING K. ROOL" still makes me smile, and the novelty hasn't worn off for me in pausing the game and just admiring all the loving details in his in-game model. He'll always exist as a monument to all the friendships and fun shared experiences that blossomed from him and the Donkey Kong series in general, and at times when real life weighs on me, I can reliably boost my mood by booting up my Switch and reflecting on that.

One more topic I don't know that I've broached in here, I think we'll look back in a few years and see that our pro-K. Rool efforts during the ballot not only turned Nintendo around on the character, but on the Donkey Kong series in general. The way I see it, DK was never in jeopardy but in the aftermath of the horrible "hardcore" reaction to Tropical Freeze, Nintendo started to see it as a lower priority -- a series where they could make a profit churning out the occasional game, but not one where they could point to the new games and say they were "listening to what the fans want." Nintendo of America clearly wasn't keeping its finger on the pulse of the series or its characters, or even paying them any mind at all. The Treehouse shares fan feedback with Sakurai and has "tentacles all over the net," which is part of why they reportedly went to bat for Ridley and Metroid, but according to Dave Throat, everyone was blindsided when K. Rool had any popularity at all in the ballot, despite the internet presence he had at the time. Hardly a surprise when you consider that, when asked what their favorite DK games were, some of the most prominent Treehouse voices answered Punch Out Wii!! and the original Donkey Kong. Regardless, I don't think it's a coincidence that, after the ballot, we got not just K. Rool, but Rare DKC influence in virtually all of the series' appearances or nods since then. The street signs in Odyssey, the Rabbids DLC with Animal Buddy and DK64 references, all the 90s DK content in Smash (Spirits, the Kongo Jungle sub-map, etc.) and a big slice of Nintendo's upcoming theme park being DK-themed...These are not random occurrences, they're the product of Nintendo wising up that, partly from "internal apathy and factional disagreement" over K. Rool and partly from having shoddy overseas intel, they let themselves sit on a goldmine for the bulk of this millennium. This especially holds true in light of Sir Throat's apparent comments that Nintendo has “big plans” to re-establish the DK brand as a core pillar. People are pessimistic for the series because it hasn't shown up yet on Switch outside the Tropical Freeze port, and the vocal insiders and gaming outlets still aren't talking about it in hushed whispers like they do about, say, Star Fox, Mother and Star Tropics, but honestly, the more time passes from the ballot, the more excited I get. I think it was in the aftermath, in late 2015 or early 2016, that they started planning DK's next game, with the sorts of influences we've dreamed about for years, and the longer it takes for us to learn about it, the more triple-AAA a project it is likely to be. Bright days lie ahead for the series, whether we learn about them in a few months, next E3 or later on, and just like with K. Rool, they would not have happened without you all.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wow. So it's really been a year since King K. Rool came aboard? Time really does fly when there's no longer any need to agonize over whether every minute piece of Smash content bodes well or poorly for your favorite gaming character ever appearing again. I remember reading the August 8 Direct announcement a few days before at the beach and getting amped up with excitement and nervousness at the same time. It was clear Sakurai was taking fan ideas into consideration with Everyone is Here and Ridley, and there were rumblings of a "Steve Mayles character" in the mix (though those ended up referring to the other ones). Still, the usual doubts persisted, and with Simon already leaked by Vergeben and all but locked in to be revealed from Nintendo's own screw-up with the Castlevania icon in their music update, people started throwing K. Rool under the bus in ways reminiscent of the Smash 4 era. Before they got outed as a bulls***ter, lupensko purported to have inside information that there were no DK newcomers, and people started attributing that to Vergeben (to this day, this still is his most recent tweet). On ResetEra, there was this gem. I didn't lose hope but there was dread at the idea of four more months waiting for answers, with the stakes higher for K. Rool than ever before. The fanbase inevitability was going to become even more fervent in drowning out anyone critical of Ultimate's roster, so if he missed out, it would have been a true nail in the coffin for the character, in Smash and general.

You all know what happened next. K. Rool not only became playable, but he got the red carpet treatment compared to basically every other newcomer. In his personality and moveset, he's a crowdsourced character designed via ballot write-ups from the fanbase, he's placed extremely prominently in cutscenes and marketing materials, and he comes bundled with a Klaptrap assist trophy and what are more or less three character-specific music remixes. His trailer became the gold standard for character reveals, with so much effort poured in, they created five pieces of hero vs. villain artwork, only visible for a few seconds, just to better establish K. Rool as the definitive DK villain. Even better, fans brought about all this in the fullest and best-selling Smash game to date, giving the character polish and a sort of notoriety that never would've been the case had he been tacked onto the comparatively half-baked Smash 4 as DLC. The wait was tough, but I would've gladly done it ten times over if I knew this would be the resolution. Yeah, K. Rool is one of the worst characters in the game and is never going to get substantive buffs, thanks to the adjustment team and their fear of whinging from people who can't fathom a heavyweight with the tools to get around very, very skillfull F-Air and U-Tilt strings. But everything it took to get to this point was about bringing K. Rool back, not about converting him into an emotionless tool a tiny number of competitive players can use to make money. Even just moving the pointer over to his icon and hearing Xander Mobus call out "KING K. ROOL" still makes me smile, and the novelty hasn't worn off for me in pausing the game and just admiring all the loving details in his in-game model. He'll always exist as a monument to all the friendships and fun shared experiences that blossomed from him and the Donkey Kong series in general, and at times when real life weighs on me, I can reliably boost my mood by booting up my Switch and reflecting on that.

One more topic I don't know that I've broached in here, I think we'll look back in a few years and see that our pro-K. Rool efforts during the ballot not only turned Nintendo around on the character, but on the Donkey Kong series in general. The way I see it, DK was never in jeopardy but in the aftermath of the horrible "hardcore" reaction to Tropical Freeze, Nintendo started to see it as a lower priority -- a series where they could make a profit churning out the occasional game, but not one where they could point to the new games and say they were "listening to what the fans want." Nintendo of America clearly wasn't keeping its finger on the pulse of the series or its characters, or even paying them any mind at all. The Treehouse shares fan feedback with Sakurai and has "tentacles all over the net," which is part of why they reportedly went to bat for Ridley and Metroid, but according to Dave Throat, everyone was blindsided when K. Rool had any popularity at all in the ballot, despite the internet presence he had at the time. Hardly a surprise when you consider that, when asked what their favorite DK games were, some of the most prominent Treehouse voices answered Punch Out Wii!! and the original Donkey Kong. Regardless, I don't think it's a coincidence that, after the ballot, we got not just K. Rool, but Rare DKC influence in virtually all of the series' appearances or nods since then. The street signs in Odyssey, the Rabbids DLC with Animal Buddy and DK64 references, all the 90s DK content in Smash (Spirits, the Kongo Jungle sub-map, etc.) and a big slice of Nintendo's upcoming theme park being DK-themed...These are not random occurrences, they're the product of Nintendo wising up that, partly from "internal apathy and factional disagreement" over K. Rool and partly from having shoddy overseas intel, they let themselves sit on a goldmine for the bulk of this millennium. This especially holds true in light of Sir Throat's apparent comments that Nintendo has “big plans” to re-establish the DK brand as a core pillar. People are pessimistic for the series because it hasn't shown up yet on Switch outside the Tropical Freeze port, and the vocal insiders and gaming outlets still aren't talking about it in hushed whispers like they do about, say, Star Fox, Mother and Star Tropics, but honestly, the more time passes from the ballot, the more excited I get. I think it was in the aftermath, in late 2015 or early 2016, that they started planning DK's next game, with the sorts of influences we've dreamed about for years, and longer it takes for us to learn about it, the more triple-AAA a project it is likely to be. Bright days lie ahead for the series, whether we learn about them in a few months, next E3 or later on, and just like with K. Rool, they would not have happened without you all.
That was such a beautiful read Kaptain BKupa666 BKupa666

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Happy Kremlinniversary! It's wild that it's been a year since K. Rool was revealed for this game. I still remember it like it was yesterday, sitting at my computer on a call with my friend while watching the direct. I was worried to death that K. Rool wasn't in the game somehow even after all the evidence pointing towards it, the most prominent piece being of course the completely original assets for his kostume. I knew the moment I saw the unique materials and belly-physics for the costume that something was up, and yet I still couldn't believe it when his silhouette loomed over the Kongs. Fun fact, I actually got so excited that I missed the part of the trailer entirely where DeDeDe takes the kostume off, so I was still yelling "it's K. Rool!" while my friend was trying to explain to me it was DeDeDe in a kostume, and before what was happening could be processed K. Rool came out and slapped DeDeDe out of the shot. I actually barely had time to really get what was happening in terms of gameplay in the trailer, I was just overwhelmed with emotion since this was possibly my biggest dream ever for the series coming true finally. I was yelling profanities so loud in my house out of excitement to the point where I felt the need to apologize to my friend afterwards. :laugh: I was in tears from how happy I was. I spent so much time rewatching the trailer, listening to his theme and looking at his page on the site afterwards. He was everything I wanted. What was even better than his reveal was the love he was getting from fans afterwards that has been a long time coming. The fanart, the kompilations once the game released, and the general acknowledgement of his existence was so much to take in. I mean, Chip da Ripper gave him acknowledgement, which was insane to me. :laugh:

Shout out to everyone on this thread once again, especially BKupa666 BKupa666 . Every last one of us had a part in bringing the King back, and BKupa's leadership in particular is irreplaceable. We made a name for ourselves in this community because of how dedicated and focused we were to bringing this character back, and our legacy is eternal in his inclusion. Here's to many more years of bairing people into the gallows with the King.

Last edited:
Top Bottom