• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
So uhm hello to you all! Just going to popping into some discussion groups with Characters I've been thinking of picking up! K. Rool was my first pick to go with sooo... Here I am! :ultkrool:

New to Smash boards as well, so forgive my short comings going forward!

On the current topic, I'd certainly love to see a new DK Game bring back the Kremlins! Even if they want to focus on New Villians, I'd suspect that the popularity of King K. Rool in Smash and with the Ballot votes that helped get him in. Nintendo are reevaluating his role in the DK Series. Perhaps like in the Banjo trailer, he becomes more of a friendly rival than a pure villian? Not sure!
Welcome aboard (y'get it? Like a pirate ship).

I would love to see more K Rool on the big screen, especially if they gave him a new, polished design. Wow. Don't get me wrong, the Smash render is great, but I just want to see what zany costume they come up with. I want to see what his new disguise will be.

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
Welcome aboard (y'get it? Like a pirate ship).

I would love to see more K Rool on the big screen, especially if they gave him a new, polished design. Wow. Don't get me wrong, the Smash render is great, but I just want to see what zany costume they come up with. I want to see what his new disguise will be.
Y'arr I gotcha'! Thanks for the warm welcome to the Krew!

Oooh yeah! This is very true! A lot of the games he's appeared in have new designs for the Kremlin, apart from the GBA ones! A King to a Pirate then to Mad Scientist.. I think the last game he was offically in was the Mario baseball game? In that he was in a Tribal Outfit of some kind.

I'm thinking Astronaut for a space theme..? Dare I say he'd be a 'Space Pirate'?

Perhaps a Western theme for a bandit leader type or maybe go down the original route of having him be a Military Commander? Whatever it might be, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Y'arr I gotcha'! Thanks for the warm welcome to the Krew!

Oooh yeah! This is very true! A lot of the games he's appeared in have new designs for the Kremlin, apart from the GBA ones! A King to a Pirate then to Mad Scientist.. I think the last game he was offically in was the Mario baseball game? In that he was in a Tribal Outfit of some kind.

I'm thinking Astronaut for a space theme..? Dare I say he'd be a 'Space Pirate'?

Perhaps a Western theme for a bandit leader type or maybe go down the original route of having him be a Military Commander? Whatever it might be, I'm sure it'll be awesome!
I'll be honest, the tribal outfit was pretty bad. It did not do me any favours.

That's what I like most about it, the possibilities are endless. I could perfectly picture every one of these, and I think they'd pull it off well. Personally I hope they go for a more modern theme, maybe like computer virus K Rool or something. Idk, no matter what though, if he gets in I'm positive it'll be cool.
unlike the final bosses in DKC:R and DKC:TF

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
I'll be honest, the tribal outfit was pretty bad. It did not do me any favours.

That's what I like most about it, the possibilities are endless. I could perfectly picture every one of these, and I think they'd pull it off well. Personally I hope they go for a more modern theme, maybe like computer virus K Rool or something. Idk, no matter what though, if he gets in I'm positive it'll be cool.
unlike the final bosses in DKC:R and DKC:TF
I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of that tribal look either.. Looked off somehow, although I couldn't tell you why?

Exactly! He's a great Villian and can fit into a suprisingly large amount of settings when done right! A computer virus K Rool sounds really crazy and fun! I could imagine the levels changing and glitching out to mess with the player as you play, that'd be sweet!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of that tribal look either.. Looked off somehow, although I couldn't tell you why?

Exactly! He's a great Villian and can fit into a suprisingly large amount of settings when done right! A computer virus K Rool sounds really crazy and fun! I could imagine the levels changing and glitching out to mess with the player as you play, that'd be sweet!
Wow, I was only half convinced of my idea, but the level glitching, changing the platforming sounds incredible. I know what I need out of DKC:R3 now.

EDIT: and in the background, I specifically want computer monitors with King K Rool's eyes watching DK as he beats the level intended to destroy him.

Last edited:

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
Wow, I was only half convinced of my idea, but the level glitching, changing the platforming sounds incredible. I know what I need out of DKC:R3 now.

EDIT: and in the background, I specifically want computer monitors with King K Rool's eyes watching DK as he beats the level intended to destroy him.
Seeing those digitial eye's going mad at the sight of DK beating the level would be pretty funny and really cool! :love:

Maybe he could even be an announcer of sorts in the game, narrating and messing with DK and the crew in the levels. I'm thinking a bit like Gruntilda in Banjo and Kazooie. Maybe even more so where he's commenting while the level is changing and glitching.. That'd be hecking awesome!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This is the main reason why Ridley gets along so well with King K. Rool; He's reminded of his bestie.
ganonboss.png

D

Deleted member

Hey fellow Kremlings and Kutthroats it's me Kremling Man. I figured I should show up again. I had been away from Smashboards for a while I had time and figured I'd show up again. With DLC continuing I'll be around a bit just giving my thoughts and saying what I have too.

I haven't got a chance to play the game yet Nintendo Switch is out of commission but once all is fixed up I'll be able too still looking forward to adding our glorious king to my mains, with Mario and Link.

Anyway as far as the DLC I love all of them and I think the Fighter's Pass has been great, Joker was great and it was cool to learn more about Persona 5. The Hero is pretty rad. Banjo & Kazooie was definetly the highlight and I've really grown to love the series cause of it's charm and humor. Terry is awesome too.

Anyway I don't know how long I'll be around but I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings. Good to be back.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I figured that I should share this latest pic from BridgeOfFaust, so here.

Go ahead, try to tell them they're irrelevant. :demon:

Hey fellow Kremlings and Kutthroats it's me Kremling Man. I figured I should show up again. I had been away from Smashboards for a while I had time and figured I'd show up again. With DLC continuing I'll be around a bit just giving my thoughts and saying what I have too.

I haven't got a chance to play the game yet Nintendo Switch is out of commission but once all is fixed up I'll be able too still looking forward to adding our glorious king to my mains, with Mario and Link.

Anyway as far as the DLC I love all of them and I think the Fighter's Pass has been great, Joker was great and it was cool to learn more about Persona 5. The Hero is pretty rad. Banjo & Kazooie was definetly the highlight and I've really grown to love the series cause of it's charm and humor. Terry is awesome too.

Anyway I don't know how long I'll be around but I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings. Good to be back.
I haven't gotten a Switch yet myself, so good luck on that front.

Last edited:

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107

Welcome back on board the Kremlin Kruiser! Great to meet you and hope you have a great time here! :seuss:

The DLC has been really exciting, especially with how many different genre's of games are being represented so far!

With the announcement of more DLC in the future, a lot more characters have a chance and that in itself is always exciting to speculate on!

See ya' around! :ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

Thank you for the warm welcome I do apperciate it. Yes all the DLC has been great so far from characters who no one saw coming like Joker to long awaited favourites like Banjo & Kazooie, and icons in gaming history Like Hero and Terry.

I hope other fan favourites and other popular picks like Geno, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Doom Slayer, Lloyd Irving Sora and so join them.

Looking forward to it all the same.

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
Thank you for the warm welcome I do apperciate it. Yes all the DLC has been great so far from characters who no one saw coming like Joker to long awaited favourites like Banjo & Kazooie, and icons in gaming history Like Hero and Terry.

I hope other fan favourites and other popular picks like Geno, Shantae, Bandana Dee, Doom Slayer, Lloyd Irving Sora and so join them.

Looking forward to it all the same.
You're very welcome! As a new member myself, it's been so great having so many warm welcomes to the site! So I was glad to do the same! :seuss:

Those would all be amazing additions! Got some great picks, Kremlin!

We've yet to see the Geno or Lloyd Mii costumes return yet! Hopefully that means they're considering making them full characters this time! That'd be awesome!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm really happy with the DLC so far also. It's gotten me to play Persona and Dragon Quest, and now I'm on the hunt for a way to play B&K.

I really appreciate what Nintendo is doing as far as introducing so many 3rd party reps, but honestly I hope after the pass we can get some more first party reps in. I feel like there's still some meat on that bone (if that's an expression, idk). Also, even though I want Waluigi, I hope we get more unconventional fighters. Mainly what I mean by that is like, I would love a fighter that's on all fours, or doesn't resemble a human at all. I think it would be neat, and maybe a missed opportunity if we didn't include them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm really happy with the DLC so far also. It's gotten me to play Persona and Dragon Quest, and now I'm on the hunt for a way to play B&K.

I really appreciate what Nintendo is doing as far as introducing so many 3rd party reps, but honestly I hope after the pass we can get some more first party reps in. I feel like there's still some meat on that bone (if that's an expression, idk). Also, even though I want Waluigi, I hope we get more unconventional fighters. Mainly what I mean by that is like, I would love a fighter that's on all fours, or doesn't resemble a human at all. I think it would be neat, and maybe a missed opportunity if we didn't include them.
Would Poochy be a fair compromise? There's still a strange lack of modern :ultyoshi: content besides that Crafted skin and Woolly World spirit stuff.

But yeah, the third parties could get a little too expensive, so I think we'll have at least one batch of first-parties as a buffer period while more funding/negotiations get secured.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Would Poochy be a fair compromise? There's still a strange lack of modern :ultyoshi: content besides that Crafted skin and Woolly World spirit stuff.

But yeah, the third parties could get a little too expensive, so I think we'll have at least one batch of first-parties as a buffer period while more funding/negotiations get secured.
First party and non-humanoid? You bet that'd be fair. Though tbh, I wouldn't be rooting for Poochy, but he does fit the bill of what I'd be interested in.

D

Deleted member

Anyway back to the king himself still think it's surreal he's in.

Glad everyone's enjoying playing as him.

Plus he represents his different personas well in his moveset.

Really cool.

Abe 'n Munchie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7902 4638 1107
Anyway back to the king himself still think it's surreal he's in.

Glad everyone's enjoying playing as him.

Plus he represents his different personas well in his moveset.

Really cool.
It really is awesome that King K's in Smash! :ultkrool:

He's a great villian and deserved getting a playable spot in the roster! Been having so much fun playing him recently, especially love all his charming animations when he does his attacks!

I'm also so happy to see so much support for the Kremlin, both through the Ballot votes and after he was announced! I really do hope this means Nintendo will think of using him in the future for other titles!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all, small brag time. I'm just gloating because I got 4th/51 at the largest weekly in my city using only King K. Took down three separate people that are ranked higher than me (and are all former PR). Long live the King, y'all.

D

Deleted member

That's pretty sweet hope I can be as good when I use and main him doubt it but It'll be fun.

Still man good job and everything.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

I just fought Nairo's:ultganondorf:and I saved the match and oh boy...
Also, I just started a YouTube channel and I posted 3 videos by the time I write this message (including this one). You can subscribe to me if you want. I plan to focus on:ultkrool:specific content for Ultimate for the moment. ;)

D

Deleted member

Hey guys,

I just fought Nairo's:ultganondorf:and I saved the match and oh boy...
Also, I just started a YouTube channel and I posted 3 videos by the time I write this message (including this one). You can subscribe to me if you want. I plan to focus on:ultkrool:specific content for Ultimate for the moment. ;)
The more I see of him the more I can't wait to main King K. Rool with Mario and Link, and Greninja my other mains. He truly is incredible. You did really well though good job.

But geez Nairo ain't no joke. His Ganon is lethal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, I wonder, how many times has DK Island been blown up by the Blast-O-Matic in King K. Rool's Final Smash by all Smash Bros. Ultimate players who play as King K. Rool combined? The island just can't seem to get a break, huh?

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I placed 9th out of 78 people at a weekly last night! I also went to another weekly on Tuesday night, and I also placed 9th out of 40 players. I couldn't quite clutch out top 8 at either tournament, but considering I'm only using King K. Rool, I'm very proud of my growth as a player. I can only go up from here, hopefully I can money match Ben Gold at Nightmare on Smashvile next weekend!

Also, here is a match that was streamed at the Tuesday weekly. It was very close, but I have a good idea on what I did wrong and can definitely come out on top next time.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I placed 9th out of 78 people at a weekly last night! I also went to another weekly on Tuesday night, and I also placed 9th out of 40 players. I couldn't quite clutch out top 8 at either tournament, but considering I'm only using King K. Rool, I'm very proud of my growth as a player. I can only go up from here, hopefully I can money match Ben Gold at Nightmare on Smashvile next weekend!

Also, here is a match that was streamed at the Tuesday weekly. It was very close, but I have a good idea on what I did wrong and can definitely come out on top next time.

YO. I hope you get to money match him dude. It will be very interesting to see. Good luck for that. :D

D

Deleted member

Mine too might not have played a lot of Donkey Kong Country but I like the series. Supported the character he's my favourite in it.

Happy he got in.

D

Deleted member

Some big boys in there.

Hopefully our king does well. Rooting for Bowser and Ganondorf too.

Top Bottom