• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this new Vergeben "leak" is related to that "riddle" leak?
It could fit on October's reveal: Warrior and Secretary.
We still have until 31th July to see if "King" (hopefully ours K. Rool) and "Ponytail" are revealed on a mini-direct.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, who the hell is asking for Isabelle? I'm getting mad now.
Another wasted slot next to Daisy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally tons of people. She's the literal face of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And honestly she's the closest character to being an all-star that isn't already on the roster or disconfirmed.

She's a far cry from a "waste" of a "slot." I've always considered her the single most likely character after the Inkling.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Literally tons of people. She's the literal face of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And honestly she's the closest character to being an all-star that isn't already on the roster or disconfirmed.

She's a far cry from a "waste" of a "slot." I've always considered her the single most likely character after the Inkling.
I think we should take this with a grain of salt as of right! I'll make my judgement when Nintendo actually decides to reveal a newcomer as opposed to just already revealing things we already saw at E3 for Judas sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Verbagen is often 100 percent correct! For he did say some stuff about Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite that wasn't correct if so!

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
someone needs to ask vergeben if he knows if k rool is present within the game at all

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the only way she's not a wasted slot if she's a low-effort echo.
I don't think she'll be an echo at all. She's exactly the kind of character that would have more effort put into her (not to mention she doesn't really fit Villager's skeleton). She's popular, iconic, important, and heavily marketed. Honestly she's the perfect storm.

Here's a moveset I made for her a while back, focusing on cutesy accidental combat and terraforming by way of Public Works Projects and ordinances.

Isabelle Rings In!​
Normal Attacks:

Jab: A bee flies in front of Isabelle, so she shuts her eyes and swings her clipboard in front of her to shoo it away, swinging it back and forth with each button press.

Dash Attack: While running, Isabelle notices a swarm of bees behind her, so she hits the deck as the swarm rushes into the opponent, missing her.

Side Tilt: Isabelle tries to catch an unseen bug in her net and swings it forward in a side-to-side motion. A two strike move.

Up Tilt: Isabelle celebrates being in Smash by pulling out a Party Popper and pointing it skyward, unleashing an explosion of confetti in a quick motion.

Down Tilt: A Ring Toss furniture piece appears before Isabelle, slightly in front of her, and she tries to toss a ring onto it. The opponent keeps getting in the way, though.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Isabelle takes out her fishing rod and makes a circular ribbon-twirler motion around her with its line.

Forward Air: Isabelle pulls out a giant foam finger and does a scooping motion, of sorts. She just wanted to cheer, but then the foe got in the way.

Back Air: Allergy season sucks. Isabelle sneezes, shooting her backwards and making her slam into the opponent. This can also work as a last ditch recovery effort, similar to Corrin's back air, but in the opposite direction.

Up Air: Isabelle, enjoying the breeze, pulls out a pinwheel and holds it above her. Its edges are sharp and rapidly hit the foe for damage.

Down Air: Isabelle, being a klutz, drops a bag of bells from her pocket. They hurdle down toward the ground and hit the opponent with a resounding thunk.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Isabelle knocks over a stack of paperwork about 1.5 times her own height, sending it cascading forward as any foe caught in the move gets launched. This is Isabelle's best kill move...just don't tell her that.

Up Smash: Isabelle adores seashells. In this move, she'll play with the shell the mayor gave her, tossing it up in the air and catching it as it descends. While it's airborne, however, it will spin rapidly, causing major damage to those hit by it.

Down Smash: Isabelle poses in celebration as an archway appears over her, quickly falling from the sky. However, if the opponent was on either side of her when the archway was made...well, they're underneath it now. As they get blasted away, Isabelle, horrified, quickly removes the archway, turning it into a leaf.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Isabelle casts her line and snags the foe with her rod, entangling them. Each pummel has her pull on the rod in an attempt to free the line from them, though this ends up being her pummel.

Forward Throw: Isabelle turns on a giant fan that blasts foes away.

Back Throw: Isabelle tries to unhook the foe but ends up tossing them backward as she looks on in horror.

Up Throw: A geyser bursts out beneath the opponent, blasting them upward.

Down Throw: A flowerpot falls from the sky and smashes into the foe, knocking them toward the stage and sending them upward. Isabelle's gonna have to have a talk with the upstairs tenants.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: New Leaf - Isabelle tosses a leaf in front of her, skyward. It slowly descends toward the stage. Pressing the button again as it's either on the stage or in the air will transform it into a piece of furniture: either a small one that can be thrown, or a large one that either crushes a foe beneath it as it falls, or can be used as a stage obstacle for the opponent to have to work around. One light and one heavy object can be on the stage at once per Isabelle.

Side Special: Public Works Projects - Like Shulk's Monado Arts, these can be cycled by pressing the button. A set of four symbols appear above Isabelle as they cycle: a water droplet, a flame, an hourglass, and a bell. Selecting one brings a Gyroid onto the stage, which must be protected at all costs, as it has a health bar. If the Gyroid takes too much damage, it will disappear. After it has been guarded enough, it will transform into a permanent object on the stage. Here are the options and their effects.

— Selecting the water droplet creates a small fountain on the stage. The water effect can interrupt foes attempting to approach Isabelle from the air, due to its windbox effect.
— Selecting the flame creates a campfire. Opponents that touch this will get burned, and all explosives that touch it will instantly explode. Additionally, any projectile, either from Isabelle or from her opponent, that passes through the flames will become imbued with the fire effect, doing slightly more damage and automatically setting off explosives.
— Selecting the hourglass creates a small clockpost on the stage. This doesn't reach the foreground and doesn't impact the fight directly, but it does decrease the amount of time needed to defend a Gyroid before a Public Works Project is created.
— Selecting the bell creates a small bell on the stage that Isabelle can ring by going near it (it will automatically activate when she goes near it). This is a sound based attack that damages opponents, buying Isabelle more time.

Only two Public Works Projects can be on the stage at a time per Isabelle. These structures are semi-permanent. They will stay on the stage unless:
— The stage moves in a way that leaves the structures behind, like a touring stage, or
— Isabelle presses and holds her Side Special while next to a structure, instantly dismantling it.

Plan your "town" wisely and use each project to your advantage.

Up Special: Present Balloon - Isabelle holds onto a present balloon and flies upwards. Unlike Villager, she doesn't have free flight during this, making it a much more linear recovery.

Down Special: Beautiful Town Ordinance - Isabelle plants a sign post into the ground as a fenced off area appears on the stage around her. After five seconds (this can be reduced to three with the clock tower public works project), a small garden appears. Standing in the garden allows Isabelle to slowly heal a bit of health back, but she cannot attack while standing in the garden, making her a sitting duck. But by planning out her PWPs and furniture properly, perhaps she can preoccupy the foe long enough to heal a significant chunk of damage. Unlike her Side Special, this garden is not semi-permanent. If a foe attacks the flower bed enough, it will wither away and disappear. Striking it with a fire move will erase it almost instantly. You can only place one flower bed on the stage at a time.

Final Smash: Bell Boom Ordinance

Isabelle enacts the Wealthy Town, or Bell Boom, Ordinance. In this move, heavy bags of bells rain from the sky before bursting on impact on the stage. This causes massive damage both to the foe and to the economy.

Playstyle Notes:

Isabelle is a very defensive-oriented character. From a cosmetic standpoint, none of her moves are intended to bring harm to the opponent, but the circumstances surrounding the fight make her accidentally bring harm to them.

Where Isabelle truly shines is her set of specials, as they dictate her playstyle: she is a cute and clumsy terraformer, being able to alter the stage to her heart's content. This showcases a key aspect of the Animal Crossing series, which is town planning and interior decorating. Isabelle, being the assistant mayor, oversees a lot of the day to day town planning, and as such she is the perfect character for something like this.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Until I actually see Simon Belmont I don't trust Vergeben. Saying "Everyone from Smash 4 returns" and "Ridley" were pretty safe things to bet. Unlike Simon Belmont, who didn't have very high fanbase back in the Ballot era; so his inclusion, although deserving, would be surprising and creditable to any leaker.
And speaking of reasonable newcomers, I suppose Isabelle is also a likely candidate. She is very popular, as they said. But I personally don't feel she is the "fighter" type, she is too gentle. Like putting Lillie from Pokemon.
But alas, we are bound to grunt at any following newcomers that aren't King K. Rool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Until I actually see Simon Belmont I don't trust Vergeben. Saying "Everyone from Smash 4 returns" and "Ridley" were pretty safe things to bet. Unlike Simon Belmont, who didn't have very high fanbase back in the Ballot era; so his inclusion, although deserving, would be surprising and creditable to any leaker.
And speaking of reasonable newcomers, I suppose Isabelle is also a likely candidate. She is very popular, as they said. But I personally don't feel she is the "fighter" type, she is too gentle. Like putting Lillie from Pokemon.
But alas, we are bound to grunt at any following newcomers that aren't King K. Rool.
Ridley was absolutely not a safe bet.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I just can't picture reaction videos of people screaming and getting hype for the dog from animal crossing. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of argument, let's go off the assumption that Vergeben is true and accurate. Let's also assume Isabelle is an Echo Fighter. With that in mind, it does make sense, she was up there with Dark Samus and Shadow among the Echoes considered most likely.

The issue is he didn't clarify whether she's an Echo or original fighter. If she is a truly original fighter I'm genuinely worried about the remaining newcomers, as I don't think she was a particularly high fan pick, and that could set a bad trend for those of us hoping for ballot placers and fan favorites to get in.

cothero

Smash Lord
Vergeben sources are fairly reliable (and I think Simon is VERY likely) considering his track record, but Isabelle? Really? ... I can only imagine her being an Echo for Villager.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ridley was absolutely not a safe bet.
Actually he kinda of was. If anyone focused on what Sakurai actually said in his interview about Ridley he talked about how he couldn't make him feel like the idea of Ridley he had in his mind. Once he resolved that it was clear Ridley would be in and considering the last two games he gave Ridley special attention and would do so again for future games it was literally only a matter of time before he made it.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle is way more popular than 80% of the roster, she even ads train services in Japan. Even more popular than K.Rool or any supported character around here. I'm not talking about the Smash community who voted in the ballot, it's about popular knowlege. Go ask for who are Falco, Palutena, Bayonetta, Ridley, Ike or Shulk. Maybe she's not as popular as Mario or Pikachu but still is above the overall. If we are talking for popularity Isabelle is a sure shot. The newcomers will come for the ballot, but not every newcomer.
The only problem with her is that she's not a 'fighterable' character and a moveset will need a good brainstorm, lots of Animal Crossing potential moves are in the villager, but when this had become a big problem in Smash? Isabelle will be a wasted slot if she's an echo.
I love Isabelle but I don't want her in Smash, nobody should hurt her.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually he kinda of was. If anyone focused on what Sakurai actually said in his interview about Ridley he talked about how he couldn't make him feel like the idea of Ridley he had in his mind. Once he resolved that it was clear Ridley would be in and considering the last two games he gave Ridley special attention and would do so again for future games it was literally only a matter of time before he made it.
The point was that pretty much everyone was betting against Ridley. Rate their Chances threads are often hilariously off base, but they tend to at least capture a glimpse at overall perception. Ridley was rated there long before the leak.

He got a 17%.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
I don't think she'll be an echo at all. She's exactly the kind of character that would have more effort put into her (not to mention she doesn't really fit Villager's skeleton). She's popular, iconic, important, and heavily marketed. Honestly she's the perfect storm.

Here's a moveset I made for her a while back, focusing on cutesy accidental combat and terraforming by way of Public Works Projects and ordinances.

Isabelle Rings In!​
Normal Attacks:

Jab: A bee flies in front of Isabelle, so she shuts her eyes and swings her clipboard in front of her to shoo it away, swinging it back and forth with each button press.

Dash Attack: While running, Isabelle notices a swarm of bees behind her, so she hits the deck as the swarm rushes into the opponent, missing her.

Side Tilt: Isabelle tries to catch an unseen bug in her net and swings it forward in a side-to-side motion. A two strike move.

Up Tilt: Isabelle celebrates being in Smash by pulling out a Party Popper and pointing it skyward, unleashing an explosion of confetti in a quick motion.

Down Tilt: A Ring Toss furniture piece appears before Isabelle, slightly in front of her, and she tries to toss a ring onto it. The opponent keeps getting in the way, though.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Isabelle takes out her fishing rod and makes a circular ribbon-twirler motion around her with its line.

Forward Air: Isabelle pulls out a giant foam finger and does a scooping motion, of sorts. She just wanted to cheer, but then the foe got in the way.

Back Air: Allergy season sucks. Isabelle sneezes, shooting her backwards and making her slam into the opponent. This can also work as a last ditch recovery effort, similar to Corrin's back air, but in the opposite direction.

Up Air: Isabelle, enjoying the breeze, pulls out a pinwheel and holds it above her. Its edges are sharp and rapidly hit the foe for damage.

Down Air: Isabelle, being a klutz, drops a bag of bells from her pocket. They hurdle down toward the ground and hit the opponent with a resounding thunk.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Isabelle knocks over a stack of paperwork about 1.5 times her own height, sending it cascading forward as any foe caught in the move gets launched. This is Isabelle's best kill move...just don't tell her that.

Up Smash: Isabelle adores seashells. In this move, she'll play with the shell the mayor gave her, tossing it up in the air and catching it as it descends. While it's airborne, however, it will spin rapidly, causing major damage to those hit by it.

Down Smash: Isabelle poses in celebration as an archway appears over her, quickly falling from the sky. However, if the opponent was on either side of her when the archway was made...well, they're underneath it now. As they get blasted away, Isabelle, horrified, quickly removes the archway, turning it into a leaf.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Isabelle casts her line and snags the foe with her rod, entangling them. Each pummel has her pull on the rod in an attempt to free the line from them, though this ends up being her pummel.

Forward Throw: Isabelle turns on a giant fan that blasts foes away.

Back Throw: Isabelle tries to unhook the foe but ends up tossing them backward as she looks on in horror.

Up Throw: A geyser bursts out beneath the opponent, blasting them upward.

Down Throw: A flowerpot falls from the sky and smashes into the foe, knocking them toward the stage and sending them upward. Isabelle's gonna have to have a talk with the upstairs tenants.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: New Leaf - Isabelle tosses a leaf in front of her, skyward. It slowly descends toward the stage. Pressing the button again as it's either on the stage or in the air will transform it into a piece of furniture: either a small one that can be thrown, or a large one that either crushes a foe beneath it as it falls, or can be used as a stage obstacle for the opponent to have to work around. One light and one heavy object can be on the stage at once per Isabelle.

Side Special: Public Works Projects - Like Shulk's Monado Arts, these can be cycled by pressing the button. A set of four symbols appear above Isabelle as they cycle: a water droplet, a flame, an hourglass, and a bell. Selecting one brings a Gyroid onto the stage, which must be protected at all costs, as it has a health bar. If the Gyroid takes too much damage, it will disappear. After it has been guarded enough, it will transform into a permanent object on the stage. Here are the options and their effects.

— Selecting the water droplet creates a small fountain on the stage. The water effect can interrupt foes attempting to approach Isabelle from the air, due to its windbox effect.
— Selecting the flame creates a campfire. Opponents that touch this will get burned, and all explosives that touch it will instantly explode. Additionally, any projectile, either from Isabelle or from her opponent, that passes through the flames will become imbued with the fire effect, doing slightly more damage and automatically setting off explosives.
— Selecting the hourglass creates a small clockpost on the stage. This doesn't reach the foreground and doesn't impact the fight directly, but it does decrease the amount of time needed to defend a Gyroid before a Public Works Project is created.
— Selecting the bell creates a small bell on the stage that Isabelle can ring by going near it (it will automatically activate when she goes near it). This is a sound based attack that damages opponents, buying Isabelle more time.

Only two Public Works Projects can be on the stage at a time per Isabelle. These structures are semi-permanent. They will stay on the stage unless:
— The stage moves in a way that leaves the structures behind, like a touring stage, or
— Isabelle presses and holds her Side Special while next to a structure, instantly dismantling it.

Plan your "town" wisely and use each project to your advantage.

Up Special: Present Balloon - Isabelle holds onto a present balloon and flies upwards. Unlike Villager, she doesn't have free flight during this, making it a much more linear recovery.

Down Special: Beautiful Town Ordinance - Isabelle plants a sign post into the ground as a fenced off area appears on the stage around her. After five seconds (this can be reduced to three with the clock tower public works project), a small garden appears. Standing in the garden allows Isabelle to slowly heal a bit of health back, but she cannot attack while standing in the garden, making her a sitting duck. But by planning out her PWPs and furniture properly, perhaps she can preoccupy the foe long enough to heal a significant chunk of damage. Unlike her Side Special, this garden is not semi-permanent. If a foe attacks the flower bed enough, it will wither away and disappear. Striking it with a fire move will erase it almost instantly. You can only place one flower bed on the stage at a time.

Final Smash: Bell Boom Ordinance

Isabelle enacts the Wealthy Town, or Bell Boom, Ordinance. In this move, heavy bags of bells rain from the sky before bursting on impact on the stage. This causes massive damage both to the foe and to the economy.

Playstyle Notes:

Isabelle is a very defensive-oriented character. From a cosmetic standpoint, none of her moves are intended to bring harm to the opponent, but the circumstances surrounding the fight make her accidentally bring harm to them.

Where Isabelle truly shines is her set of specials, as they dictate her playstyle: she is a cute and clumsy terraformer, being able to alter the stage to her heart's content. This showcases a key aspect of the Animal Crossing series, which is town planning and interior decorating. Isabelle, being the assistant mayor, oversees a lot of the day to day town planning, and as such she is the perfect character for something like this.
Wow, man, that was pretty awesome. Nice effort!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The point was that pretty much everyone was betting against Ridley. Rate their Chances threads are often hilariously off base, but they tend to at least capture a glimpse at overall perception. Ridley was rated there long before the leak.

He got a 17%.
Just because people usually make bad predictions didn't change what I said. Yes the popular opinion was he wouldn't make it but the popular opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to a characters'actual chances.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just because people usually make bad predictions didn't change what I said. Yes the popular opinion was he wouldn't make it but the popular opinion doesn't mean a whole lot to a characters'actual chances.
Public perception is absolutely what makes something a safe bet or not, though. If the collective community decides something is impossible, betting against it is far from safe.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Isabelle shouldn't be a cause for concern for anyone here. Even if she's not an echo character, she honestly makes more sense as a well-known new character to add than others in that mold...Elma, for instance.

While people are discussing rumors, I want to bring attention to what I believe to be a legitimate leak, by a GameFAQs user who has said some pretty interesting things. Start here, on post 67 in this thread, and read everything else loz18 has to say over the following pages.

Before E3, loz accurately leaked:

--Everyone is here
--OoT Ganondorf with a sword USmash
--Mario getting Cappy
--Much of Inklings' moveset
--Stage selection before characters
--Link having a regular grab and rollable bombs
--Moray Towers
--Parrying after perfect shields
--Spammed dodges becoming slower

He wasn't spotless in that thread, to be fair...he said wavedashing appeared to be back, something we now know likely isn't the case, and said there was a strong indication there would be reveals at the E3 tournament. But I think he's clearly proven access to one or more sources that at the very least had access to the demo.

In that thread, he also comments he's heard strong indications of a Heroes vs. Villains theme, describing that as "something that's been floating around." Which makes me think...remember when the Imgur rumor, full of bizarre character choices like Porky and Goroh as part of a Heroes vs. Villains theme, came out, and multiple well-connected mods and users here and on ResetEra wouldn't immediately dismiss it as garbage (before someone who works at a third party company said he knew some of its newcomers weren't in)? I'm willing to bet they, too, heard about that theme way back when. And if it's legit, I do think it's as close to a K. Rool confirmation as you could feasibly get, unless they just go out of their way to have villains who aren't him.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Public perception is absolutely what makes something a safe bet or not, though. If the collective community decides something is impossible, betting against it is far from safe.
No that's not how that works. Public perception can be very wrong however when looking at facts safe bets can actually be made. Ridley was a safe bet because it was quite easy to see he would make the jump to playable eventually. So yes it may be shocking to most people someone got Ridley right but anyone who looked into Ridley's situation past "too big" found he was incredibly likely. I wasn't even a Ridley fan and I called him perhaps I should have made a fake leak too with my safe guess then everyone would view me as a credible leaker too.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
he said wavedashing appeared to be back
To be fair, it is back as far as I'm aware. It just sucks.

Anyone who says Ridley was a safe bet is kidding themselves. Everyone pretty much wrote him off for good after Smash 4 and the Pyrosphere debacle. Instead, most people turned to hoping for someone else from Metroid, like Sylux or Dark Samus.

StormC

Smash Hero
I personally don't think Sakurai is going to look at a character like Isabelle and decide she would get a "summons things out of thin air" sort of moveset when Villager already does that, but with different things. That's why I think she would be an echo; there is no obvious way to differentiate her in gameplay besides just having her use different hammerspace. Every fan moveset I've seen of her is the same sort of "accidentally hits you with Animal Crossing stuff" which is already sorta Villager's niche. That sort of thing makes sense for Villager because he's an avatar for the Animal Crossing franchise, but Isabelle is an NPC without much in the way of distinct character traits for a fighting game.

Yes, she's very popular and promoted by Nintendo. Didn't stop Sakurai from not adding Toad or basing Ganondorf off a race car driver.

Ridley was a safe bet because it was quite easy to see he would make the jump to playable eventually.
It was so easy almost nobody saw it coming.

The thing with Vergeben is ResetERA mods were already chatting about Ridley before he came out swinging. It isn't like he had the exclusive scoop. So I'm actually pretty skeptical that he has any legitimate info on this game.

Daisy is a low-effort clone added after the roster was finished in all likelihood.

It isn't like her inclusion is preventing K. Rool or Banjo from being in the game.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The argument that Isabelle is not battle appropriate, like, could you also have said that about the Villager? Besides, if she's an Assist trophy again she might get beaten up like Waluigi anyway. Also Tom Nook gets exploded in Vill's final smash and with Duck Hunt you can hurt a regular dog more than Micheal Vick!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
The argument that Isabelle is not battle appropriate, like, could you also have said that about the Villager? Besides, if she's an Assist trophy again she might get beaten up like Waluigi anyway. Also Tom Nook gets exploded in Vill's final smash and with Duck Hunt you can hurt a regular dog more than Micheal Vick!
If I’m not mistaken, I believe not all assist trophies can be damaged.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If you want to see a character shift from being discussed but doubted, watch Isabelle in the coming days. People talked about her but for whatever the reason, her being a pacifist or Villager covering most obvious AC potential, not that many people predicted her. Now, because Vergeben says she's in, she's going to be in every damn leak and upward of 90% next time RTC gets to her.

Makes me wish there would be a K. Rool rumor that doesn't instantly out itself as fake by recycling the Paon trophy model...you'd see a similar effect for him too.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Isabelle getting in is okay with me. She will probably just be a Villager echo. I REALLY can't see how she could have a completely unique from the ground-up moveset. She literally walks around and sits behind a desk in New Leaf not much to pull from. But IF Isabelle gets in and she's not an echo to me that tells me Nintendo/Sakurai are just gonna pull another advertising campaign like Wii U/3DS. Sakurai already confirmed not many newcomers and people like to say "not much has happened for Nintendo between 2014-2016 so of course they are gonna dig into the fan favorite polls" but let's not forget they could add in Dixie or Cranky due to Tropical Freeze which came out in 2014, Captain Toad which came out the same day as Smash Wii U/3DS and has a port on Switch as well as appearing in Odyssey, Elma just to have another Xenoblade character, Impa from Hyrule Warriors which has both 3DS and Switch ports, Bandana Dee due to being a Kirby mainstay and having appeared as the only other playable character in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse not to mention they can market Star Allies with him, A Pokemon from Sun/Moon (is a given regardless), Alm/Celica. So there's still quite a few "relevant" characters they can go with.

It sucks because we don't know how many newcomers we're getting this time. It could be as low as 3 more, or it could be high as 10. We don't know and the lack of new information isn't helping the matter. I also just find it funny how a lot of Nintendo fans only want characters that appeared within the last 4 years and try to justify wanting anyone else is wrong or something. But yet these are the same people throwing a fit because Virtual Console isn't coming to Switch so they can play old ass games or going out in DROVES to buy overly priced cheap plastic mini-consoles to play old games. But here I thought anything past the past 5 years isn't marketable and won't sell.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has "vergeben" leaked anything in the past that turned out to be true?

Sure he guessed Ridley, but plenty of people could have. Not that he was "Likely", but moreso that he was just a character that kept being brought up.

He said that Smash 5 would use old assets and there would be no cuts

Yeah, but he didn't say all characters would return.

I'm not completely sure of his credibility

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I'm fine with isabelle to be honest. i have nothing against her but I do worry a ton lot. I keep having a feeling k rool might not come at all. we still half a dozen characters but we don't know exactly how many. k rool is starting to feel like a dream that won't ever be a reality. With all these leaks being proven false, makes it very nerve wrecking for me. like it's impossible for nintendo and sakurai to ignore king k rools popularity at this point. he has to make it for this be truly be ultimate for me. these months are going to kill my ass

he ha
Has "vergeben" leaked anything in the past that turned out to be true?

Sure he guessed Ridley, but plenty of people could have. Not that he was "Likely", but moreso that he was just a character that kept being brought up.

He said that Smash 5 would use old assets and there would be no cuts

Yeah, but he didn't say all characters would return.

I'm not completely sure of his credibility
s guessed every character returning, ice climbers and that teenage mutant ninja turtles would be coming to injustice

StormC

Smash Hero
He also had a couple of announcements correct for E3 (Fortnite coming to Switch, new Jump Stars game), and he got the FighterZ DLC right.

Overall his record is about 50/50.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
he ha

s guessed every character returning, ice climbers and that teenage mutant ninja turtles would be coming to injustice
No, he did not. He just said there would be no cuts.

Which isn't much of a guess since most people thought it would be little more than a port

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
I vaguely recall reading somewhere a while ago that Vergeben had also predicted the title "Ultimate," but for the life of me I can't remember where I read that or if it was credible at all. (I'm guessing he didn't actually predict that, since one of you probably would have brought it up already.)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
He isn't a character that I particularly care about. But I think now that Ridley is in, KRool is the next character that needs to be in Smash. He is the main villain of one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, DKneeds more reps, and is the most supported newcomer.

Also Nintendo needs to make a sequel to DK64 without all of its flaws.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Assuming there's at least 10 newcomers, I still think we DK fans are likely safe:

1. Inklings
2. Ridley
3. Dixie
4. K. Rool
5. Simon Belmont (if the rumor is true, may not be)
6. Ashley
7. New Pokemon rep
8. Geno (if Sakurai secures the rights)
9. Captain Toad
10. Xenoblade character, maybe.

Echoes

Daisy
Isabelle
etc.

I don't think Isabelle would be anything other than an echo. Likewise there's no guarantee either Geno or Ashley will make it, Xenoblade X may be skipped since I don't know if Elma will make it, and a new pokemon may just be saved for DLC instead.

Top Bottom