• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Why hasn't Andy4Brawl updated the signature?

Anyways, please stop spamming guys.

I still think K. Rool has great chances. How many villains dow we have left that could be PCs?

Ridley
Dark Samus (almost no chance)
K. Rool
Metal Sonic (99% not)
Tom Nook (Can still be playable; just like Cyrax in the desert stage on UMK3).....Okay, he's not a villain.
Black Shadow
Some say Pico is a villain for causing that big wreck.

Yeah....so about 5 real villains left.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I still think K. Rool has great chances. How many villains dow we have left that could be PCs?

Ridley
K. Rool
Metal Sonic (99% not)
Tom Nook (Can still be playable; just like Cyrax in the desert stage on UMK3).....Okay, he's not a villain.
Black Shadow

Well I dont think were spamming, were just discussing K. Rool and being enthusiastic about it in his thread. (Or did you mean something else)

He defintely has the best chancs of villain I know (Well, he and Claus and Ridley) so I'm not worried.

Also the cannonball in SSE all but confirms him in my book, we just have to wait and see if were right.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, Claus. Well, I'm trying not to spoil Mother 3 for myself for being such an Earthbound fan, but I know Claus is an evil guy. He has a sword, so he should be in.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3535348#post3535348

This is a topic about how Subspace was in SMB2, and Emissary is a messanger. If true, Wart is in the plot, so also a possible villain.

>.< Wait, wrong character. Anyways, K. Rool could be in Brawl as a boss first, like what happens to DK after fighting Bowser.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
They knew that if Bowser went after Mario, Mario would win and K Rool went after DK, DK would win...

What if...K Rool switched with Bowser to see if Bowser could beat DK, because DK doesn't know how to deal with Bowser
That's what we've been speculating on, as in terms of subspace. And that cannonball that Mario got hit with, well I don't think it was Petey that fired it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The cannon ball is really strange.

Even if it was K. Rool, why would he stay here, fire a cannonball, and then he's gone?

super-7

Smash Journeyman

Ridley
K. Rool
Metal Sonic (99% not)
Black Shadow

k. rool has best chances out of all those villains besides ridley.
and thank your for saying dark samus has no chance!
but K. Rool is for surely in!

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yeah the cannonball being shot at mario says for me that K. Rool is in Brawl...the cannonball coming from the smoke could be that his blunderbuss blew up and caused him not to make an entrance or petey could have very well blocked his entrance at that point

Chrono917

Smash Rookie
K. Rool would be a great addition to smash. However, he Diddy and Donkey Kong I think would be the only representatives of the series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah the cannonball being shot at mario says for me that K. Rool is in Brawl...the cannonball coming from the smoke could be that his blunderbuss blew up and caused him not to make an entrance or petey could have very well blocked his entrance at that point
Actually, I think I saw Petey's shadow in the smoke though...so it might actually come from him...

...Though that makes no sense...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Evidence (and some speculation) for K. Rool in Brawl
A little something I put together, kind of like a small support jig. Just take a second to read it, I promise it won't hurt.

K. Rool is the main antagonist in DK games. Very exciting right? Well, the way I see it, DK is very underrepresented, and we are in need of villains at the same time. From DKC to DK64, K. Rool has appeared in MANY different forms, giving him ALOT of chances to have a very unique moveset. The forms include: Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain K. Rool, King Krusha K. Rool, and of course, King K. Rool. His most popular costume being the Kaptain K. Rool, if he had his musket, he'd be the only heavyweight with an aimable projectile. He has many opportunies throughout his forms, such as the helicopter on Baron K. Roolenstein for recovery, the boxing gloves for smash attacks, the signature crown toss; he'd undeniably be a fun character to play if all his personas where included.

Crazy to think he'll be added? I don't believe so. Kirby, DK, and Mother have all been neglected characters and attention for both the prequel of Smash Bros. and the sequel. Kirby has gotten two characters, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, while Mother seems to be getting a ton of attention also. DK is a leading franchise on the Nintendo, so it wouldn't be too unfair to ask for one more character, mind you a villain which we need more of. We also don't exactly have a ton of heavy-weights. Sakurai seems to be paying attention to games he left out, (SNES games predominatly) which is where he gets King Dedede, and Meta Knight from (On a side note, Geno's been discussed also, yet another game on the SNES). DKC was a very popular game on the SNES, and K. Rool was the villain in every one of them. K. Rool has alot to bring to the table, and a theory has been sparking up on the K. Rool boards lately. Bowser attacks Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, but the question is, why would he want their bananas? Maybe he realizes he cannot beat Mario, and he and K. Rool switched enemies just this time around. When you think about it, this isn't too impossible.

A humorous, heavyweight, fun to play villain, full of character is what we look at when we see K. Rool. DK needs another representative, Brawl needs more villains, and K. Rool may just make the cut.

K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!​

- Tried to get K. Rool higher on Wiseguy's list, and this is what I tried to convince him with. Guys, just keep the support up, and he will be revealed soon enough. :p Maybe Andy could put this up on the first post.
If you haven't noticed, I'm a big time Donkey Kong fan despite the lack of good games lately.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
As much as i love diddy.
K. Rool has been in more games then diddy
therefore he should be in.

and the cannon ball is actually petey as much as i wish it was K. Rool

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
If Kirby could get three characters, so could donkey kong. K. rool would be a great addition to the roster. Keep up the good work with this thread!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As much as i love diddy.
K. Rool has been in more games then diddy
therefore he should be in.

and the cannon ball is actually petey as much as i wish it was K. Rool
How is the cannonball petey? He doesnt shoot cannonballs! He also cant pull the trigger on a gun!

2nd page? never! bump for great justice!

K. Rool for Brawl!!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I think K Rool's odds of making an appearance are high...

But his odds of being playable are quickly running low, as are those of nearly all of the speculative characters.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Did you read my little summary a couple posts above?

His odds of being playable aren't that bad, especially considering the second paragraph.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think K Rool's odds of making an appearance are high...

But his odds of being playable are quickly running low, as are those of nearly all of the speculative characters.

No theyre not, most of the speculated characters have or had (in the case of stafy and walugigi) absolutely no chance of getting in.

K. Rool is not one of these characters, heres a list of speculated characters that actually has a chance, a good chance

K. Rool
Olimar
Krystal
Ridley
Claus
Geno
Isaac

Those are the only ones that seem likely to me, out of completely new to smash characters.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I support all those characters, and hope they do get in.
Kirby gets two new characters, a lightweight and a heavyweight, DK gets two new characters, a lightweight and a heavyweight.
Let's hope he's fair to DK's series. :(

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
If K.Rool doesn't get in I'll be a little annoyed. Kirby's gotten two new characters, while F-Zero still only has one, Metroid got a half-character (you know Sakurai, Samus isn't the only major Metroid character), and Donkey Kong also only recieved one newcomer.

So on that note... K.Rool for Brawl!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being the main antagonist in almost every DK game, K. Rool has to be in Brawl. Hopefully, he will get in as a playable character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
But then again, a Chain-chomp, Link Uncle's and the Dr. Mario Viruses were on that poll. I don't think it should be used as a good indicator of who will be in Brawl.
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

I wouldn't exactly say it has NO effect, looking at all the characters confirmed on this list especially on the top.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
And guys, theres still hope for K. Rool, with yesterday's SSE video, we found out Bowser was actually working with the Subspace Army, so our crocodile could be too. That would explain why the cannonball stopped Mario when he tried to defuse the subspace bomb.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, K. Rool is pretty high on that poll.

And since many characters got 2 suggestions, we can put him a little higher.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
King K.Rool(2)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Here we go, and now we could assume that Takamaru and/or Windwaker Link (or others) maybe won't be taken. K. Rool would be even higher.

I just had a feeling that he won't make it in... but then again, if he's in then he can definitely be a boss and a playable character... I don't see why he shouldn't be playable. And I'm really sure he'll be more than just a trophy this time!
(Has everyone noticed that MANY of the melee trophies are in Brawl? If K. Rool isn't playable, he at least will be an AT, but that wouldn't be right...)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Crazy to think he'll be added? I don't believe so. Kirby, DK, and Mother have all been neglected characters and attention for both the prequel of Smash Bros. and the sequel. Kirby has gotten two characters, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, while Mother seems to be getting a ton of attention also. DK is a leading franchise on the Nintendo, so it wouldn't be too unfair to ask for one more character, mind you a villain which we need more of. We also don't exactly have a ton of heavy-weights. Sakurai seems to be paying attention to games he left out, (SNES games predominatly) which is where he gets King Dedede, and Meta Knight from (On a side note, Geno's been discussed also, yet another game on the SNES). DKC was a very popular game on the SNES, and K. Rool was the villain in every one of them.
Enjoy. That second paragraph from my little writeup should improve your thoughts on getting him as a PC. Anythings possible.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
He must be in

Its so simple as that, I mean he is a well known character, and has a super unlimted moveset. Im pretty sure by now brawl has understood "WE WANT KING K ROOL!" by now...:)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mario gets Bowser, Kirby gets Dedede, Link will get Ganondorf again. DK/Diddy need some K. Rool

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah... DK's really underrepresented with only 2 characters. K. Rool is needed!

Btw, it would be funny if K. Rool will be top tier and all those non-supporters and non-believers end up playing him :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah... DK's really underrepresented with only 2 characters. K. Rool is needed!

Btw, it would be funny if K. Rool will be top tier and all those non-supporters and non-believers end up playing him :laugh:
Hehehe I'd be laughing, trust me.

And lets not forget

K. Rool for Brawl!

Top Bottom