• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
More on topic, for K. Rool's musket attack, would you guys rather see it
A) Slow and homing bullet high knockback
B) Horizontal drive, medium speed medium knockback
C) Quick, weak horizontal drive low knockback

Luigi player

Smash Master
I think it would be cool if he could charge it. Like in DKC2... would be really awesome if he'd do it like when you hit him. he looks to the players and in front of him and you don't know when he will shoot. It's not that easy to avoid his last shot. :D

The more you charge it the faster it goes and the higher knockback it has.
What would be even better is if you could press L/R or something to stop charging but keep it charged. Like Samus/DK can...

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I think it should work something like Snake's grenade move where depending on which way you tilt the control stick on firing the gun, the cannonballs would bounce, whirl, or go straight.

Also it would be nice if there were random low % chances that he would shoot one of those colored smoke clouds or a barrel or something interesting.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the normal B (Blunderbuss) with its charge effect ought to not only gain power, but the cannonballs become spiked when charged the most.

Like the boss fight in DKC2. Some of the cannonballs were spiked during the fight.

I see it. He charges up the shot, lets it go, ZOOM spiked cannonball! with a higher knockback as well

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Heres what I've been thinking. May write a detailed moveset later, not sure though.

Up + B = Helicopter: Move he used as Baron K. Roolenstein to stay afloat as you had to dodge him and his traps. Minor damage, horizontal recovery; can not do much for vertical.

Smash B = Crown Throw: K. Rool throws the crown in a boomerang type fashion, and it returns to him. Does minor damage, and can be slightly aim-able.

Down B = K. Rool Groundshake: DK64 memoir - K. Rool jumps shortly and abruptly drops to the floor repeatedly, creating a small shockwave around him. The shockwave gets bigger up to a certain radius, and does more damage as you do it repeatedly. Medium damage, medium knockback.

B = Blunderbluss Shot: K. Rool takes his mighty musket, and shoots a cannonball. Depending on the time charged, it can do massive damage and high knockback. Also has a chance to shoot out barrels, or has a low chance to dud and not shoot anything.

Final Smash = Kremling Kamikaze?
Oh man, thats a whole new level of lame. Way to go Mach.
K. Rool goes invisible for a second, and may randomly uppercut anyone on screen. Does very high knockback and generally can KO anyone above 45%. K. Rool also gains additional power, if buttons are pushed correctly in a sequence given to the user.

Tried to incorporate every one of K. Rool's many faces he's had through the games.
Tell me what you think.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Heres what I've been thinking. May write a detailed moveset later, not sure though.

Up + B = Helicopter: Move he used as Baron K. Roolenstein to stay afloat as you had to dodge him and his traps. Minor damage, horizontal recovery; can not do much for vertical.

Smash B = Cape Crush: Whips his cape out and catches you in it, which goes straight into a grab move. Minor damage, medium-high knockback, depending on direction pressed he will execute a powerful move.

Down B = K. Rool Groundshake: DK64 memoir - K. Rool jumps shortly and abruptly drops to the floor repeatedly, creating a small shockwave around him. The shockwave gets bigger up to a certain radius, and does more damage as you do it repeatedly. Medium damage, medium knockback.

B = Blunderbluss Shot: K. Rool takes his mighty musket, and shoots a cannonball. Depending on the time charged, it can do massive damage and high knockback. Also has a chance to shoot out barrels, or has a low chance to dud and not shoot anything.

K. Rool goes invisible for a second, and may randomly uppercut anyone on screen. Does very high knockback and generally can KO anyone above 45%. K. Rool also gains additional power, if buttons are pushed correctly in a sequence given to the user.

Tried to incorporate every one of K. Rool's many faces he's had through the games.
Tell me what you think.
I like these. But for his side B, I think I prefer the crown toss from DKC1.

The down B is a must.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I like these. But for his side B, I think I prefer the crown toss from DKC1.

The down B is a must.
Smash B = Crown Throw: K. Rool throws the crown in a boomerang type fashion, and it returns to him. Does minor damage, and can be slightly aim-able.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aye thats the one.

K. Rool for Brawl!!

Are you prepared? 12/15/07. Coro Coro spills all.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Hopefully they reveal more than whats on the Dojo.

I want to see especially K. Rool and the awesome puppet sitting in my avatar confirmed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As Ive said, Olimar, K. Rool, and Geno (to make his fans happy) confirmed is all I truly want.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Everyone in my sig (though I know some will get deconfirmed) :p

Hopefully (though I doubt it HIGHLY) for K. Rool's alternate outfits he could have his Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain, and Krusha outfits.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Everyone in my sig (though I know some will get deconfirmed) :p

Hopefully (though I doubt it HIGHLY) for K. Rool's alternate outfits he could have his Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain, and Krusha outfits.

Oh yeah hes gotta have those outfits.

I'd just be the Kaptain every time haha

super-7

Smash Journeyman

Tell me what you think.

i love the down b and up B
but he would have to have the crown throw
if he was in... which he will be!

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Dont you think though that his chances are slim? Ive though about it alot and Ive come to a conclusion that from just 1 character representing the DK franchise in SSB64 and Melee to having 3 reps in Brawl is quite a drastic change. All of a sudden 1 to 3?

It happend with the Kirby series I know, but is that just a one off since Sakurai created Kirby?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dont you think though that his chances are slim? Ive though about it alot and Ive come to a conclusion that from just 1 character representing the DK franchise in SSB64 and Melee to having 3 reps in Brawl is quite a drastic change. All of a sudden 1 to 3?

It happend with the Kirby series I know, but is that just a one off since Sakurai created Kirby?
Well, Donkey Kong is a series that sold a lot more games than some of the other series, and sold better than Zelda until recently

Machspeed

Smash Lord
He's right, Donkey Kong is one of the former series on the Nintendo consoles, older than Zelda, and is still very important to Nintendo. Zelda having four different reps (If you count Shiek, 5), really isn't all that fair to Donkey Kong's series. Asking for one villain, heavyweight, which by the way we have a low amount of, wouldn't be asking too much.

K. Rool for Brawl.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I think the character drought and the rumors that there are only 30 playable characters make me lose any hope for K Rool being playable in Brawl.

I think we should prepare for the worst. I could only see K Rool getting in if there was around 38 characters.

Machete

Smash Ace
Personally, I think his crown boomerang should be the Standard B move, becase it's his signature move.

The blunderbuss should be the forward B.

I think the normal B (Blunderbuss) with its charge effect ought to not only gain power, but the cannonballs become spiked when charged the most.

Like the boss fight in DKC2. Some of the cannonballs were spiked during the fight.

I see it. He charges up the shot, lets it go, ZOOM spiked cannonball! with a higher knockback as well
Yeah.

But, if K. Rool charges his blunderbuss too much, it explodes (like Diddy's peanut popgun). Like in the fight against him in DKC2.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Personally, I think his crown boomerang should be the Standard B move, becase it's his signature move.

The blunderbuss should be the forward B.

Yeah.

But, if K. Rool charges his blunderbuss too much, it explodes (like Diddy's peanut popgun). Like in the fight against him in DKC2.
Well, I think the crown-boomerang should be B> and the gun should be nuetral B

(And I dont know if exploding is a good diea, after all, the only reason it exploded was because someone threw a barrle in there, lol)

Reasoning for the cornw/blunderbuss being those buttons - Look at Link. His projectile-firing weapon attack (Bow) was B.

K. Rool should follow the same idea. And Links boomerang is B>, so I think K. Rool's crown-arang should also be B>

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace

(And I dont know if exploding is a good diea, after all, the only reason it exploded was because someone threw a barrle in there, lol)

Reasoning for the cornw/blunderbuss being those buttons - Look at Link. His projectile-firing weapon attack (Bow) was B.

K. Rool should follow the same idea. And Links boomerang is B>, so I think K. Rool's crown-arang should also be B>
After drawing Kirby K.Rool... I have to say... neutral B Crown throw is a must.

Think about it, in what likely Kirby is going to take as K.Rool's costume, what sense would it make for Kirby to pull out a mini-blunderbuss with three variances of shot or a similarly complex move that's likely to accompany the Blunderbuss special?

A Crown boomerang as a straight-flying projectile, thrown off Kirby's head (if that's what K.Rool does for his) is going to be the easiest to re-program for Kirby... plus that, and since Kirby's link hat has been turned into the rather lame bow & arrow I think Kirby would like nothing more than to gain a straight-shooting (or curving) boomerang-esque projectile back.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Eh maybe youre right, I just think it seems more fitting.

Ah, also, any chance I could be added to th "Kremling Power" list? I got my sig working a few days ago.

Hopefully Andy will read this.

Machete

Smash Ace

Well, the crown boomerang is his signature move. Only for this it should be his neutral B.

But, as ChronoSquare said, Kirby K. Rool should throw his crown instead of use the blunderbluss, it would be... extremely weird.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
i think he might be to tall for brawl but wateva he will be alright as a boss in subspace emissary!
If you think K. Rool's too tall for the game, look at other candidates for PC's like Ridley. Or even Bowser.

Some serious resizing was done to them, and the same can be done for K. Rool.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
If you think K. Rool's too tall for the game, look at other candidates for PC's like Ridley. Or even Bowser.

Some serious resizing was done to them, and the same can be done for K. Rool.
To add to the argument...

IIRC Doesn't Kirby's trophy say that he's supposed to be like 8 in tall or something? (And besides that, Link is supposed to be a normal humanoid, yet Pikachu, who's small enough to sit on Ash's shoulder, is like 1/2 Link's height...)

Luigi player

Smash Master
That Kirby argument really makes sense, but I still hope K. Rools over B is his crown, because well... you shoot it forward and such. It would be weird that you have to press forward for his blunderbuss... it just wouldn't feel right.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Your right.

Indeed I don't care what buttons what moves are unless they DON'T incorporate all his moves. (Something like not represent one of his forms)

Luigi player

Smash Master
And if someone doesn't like it, we can always change what buttons do what^^ so B -> overB, if he's playing K. Rool, if it really matters that much ^^

But I'm sure the developers do it the best way.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And if someone doesn't like it, we can always change what buttons do what^^ so B -> overB, if he's playing K. Rool, if it really matters that much ^^

But I'm sure the developers do it the best way.
This is a VERY good point, I forgot we can change our buttons around haha

K. Rool for Brawl!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hopefully Andy gets back so we can get Kremling Power back in the works.

K. Rool for Brawl
YEah whats the deal with that?

Also what happened with the sigs?

K. Rool for Brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
His Imageshack account's bandwidth was exceeded. So now the banner's a dead link.
I don't know where he's been lately.

K. Rool for Brawl

Top Bottom