• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
His Imageshack account's bandwidth was exceeded. So now the banner's a dead link.
I don't know where he's been lately.

K. Rool for Brawl
Ah well, I can do without it for a while I suppose.

K. Rool for Brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We'll take care of it if he's gone for too long. We'll make a new thread or something.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll be back soon enough.

K. ROOL For Brawl

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ya know, I was thinking about the K. rool moveset, and how the corwn toss would most likely be one of his moves. If he pulls it off of his head, how would that work for one of his most-likely costumes, the Kaptain? would he throw his hat instead, or just pull his crown from his Jacket?

K. rool for Brawl

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I think if he's in Brawl he's going to have his classic "King" look.

But yes, the next best thing in his Kaptain costume, would be to pull it out his coat, or from under his hat.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think if he's in Brawl he's going to have his classic "King" look.

But yes, the next best thing in his Kaptain costume, would be to pull it out his coat, or from under his hat.
Ah I can see that, that would work.

So were both maining Diddy, well have to exchange friend codes and duke it out diddy-style on Feb 10th haha

K. Rool for Brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Haha, sounds fine by me.
Tried him out at E For All, and trust me your going to love the little guy. Sakurai did a wonderful job making him. He appears just like he did in DKC.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haha, sounds fine by me.
Tried him out at E For All, and trust me your going to love the little guy. Sakurai did a wonderful job making him. He appears just like he did in DKC.

Awesome. And the fact that he has his jetpack from Dk64 (One of the best games ever imo) makes him even better :cool:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don't forget the popguns. Loved the gun battles against friends back when DK64 was in.
Oh yeah, and hopefully Diddy has the same color changes he did in DK64 Multi. Green Blue and Yellow, the yellow looked really cool imo

Machspeed

Smash Lord
They do have some of the color swaps. Didn't really experiment with it at the demo though (x_O my bad).

I hope they incorporate the orange grenades also from DK64 as items. They seem to be pulling lots of items from specific series now... (pitfall from Animal Crossing, smart bomb from Star Fox etc.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They do have some of the color swaps. Didn't really experiment with it at the demo though (x_O my bad).

I hope they incorporate the orange grenades also from DK64 as items. They seem to be pulling lots of items from specific series now... (pitfall from Animal Crossing, smart bomb from Star Fox etc.)

Yeah the orange would be great. (Ah the nostalgia :chuckle:)

Lanky, Chunky and Tiny Kong for an assist trophy anyone?

Funky Kong instead? I think i prefer him as an AT haha. Boxing glove gun ftw! :chuckle:

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Haha, Funky Kong ftw.

I think Dixie might make it to AT, since everybody seems to want her as a PC lately.

OF COURSE, K. Rool will make it straight to playable character. B)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haha, Funky Kong ftw.

I think Dixie might make it to AT, since everybody seems to want her as a PC lately.

OF COURSE, K. Rool will make it straight to playable character. B)
Of course he will, afterall, Hes K. Rool :chuckle:

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
holy crap the forums are overloaded with half-***** topics; only a day old post and this OFFICAL thread is back 4 pages! BUMP

On another note... hooray, for my faith has not led me astray! Andy4Brawl's bandwith was restored, and so were our signatures returned to us!

Luigi player

Smash Master
I made a new support pic for K. Rool^^

Here it is:

It might not be that good, because I drew K. Rool's sprite in MS Paint^^'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'd be interesting if the cannonball shot at Mario in the beggining was actually from K Rool...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Luigi player

Smash Master
It's strange, but it seems like it comes from Petey...

IMHO, it does not look so bad. In fact, I believe that it looks nice and is easy on the eyes.:bigthumbu
Haha thanks^^ yeah I don't think it's bad, but it seems like it's missing something... maybe a better background >_>

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Wow.
Who knows WHAT that might be.
Can't be the Halberd, it went in the opposite direction, if you paid attention to which way the Ancient Minister set down the bomb.

And yeah, Petey throwing cannonballs? He wouldn't do something like that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haha didnt think about that, I wondered about the cannonball, but hey.. K. Rool never crossed my mind. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hes showing up somewhere. I guarantee.. AAnd not as a trophy this tme. As a SSE villain and PC!

K. Rool for Brawl!

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Haha didnt think about that, I wondered about the cannonball, but hey.. K. Rool never crossed my mind. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hes showing up somewhere. I guarantee.. AAnd not as a trophy this tme. As a SSE villain and PC!

K. Rool for Brawl!
no doubt he is showing up. he is awesome
but nice find on the canonball never really thought about that
i cant see petey doing this!

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
When its slowed down you can clearly see its coming from Petey, it was discussed when the update first landed. Im not even sure it was a canonball. There was no sign of K Rool in the leaked gametrailers footage of the game from that point. If he is a boss he wont share an introduction with Petey anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's K. Rool, it's gotta be. Bowser isn't stealing bananas for no reason. I knew a deal was made.
They knew that if Bowser went after Mario, Mario would win and K Rool went after DK, DK would win...

What if...K Rool switched with Bowser to see if Bowser could beat DK, because DK doesn't know how to deal with Bowser

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Because of the comical aspects of K Rools character I cant see him facing off with a more serious character such as Samus or Ike. I'd like the see the Bowser-K Rool swap very much. Maybe K Rool Vs Kirby at some point.

The potential of the subspace emissionary is too good to put down in words. They better not Fook this up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because of the comical aspects of K Rools character I cant see him facing off with a more serious character such as Samus or Ike. I'd like the see the Bowser-K Rool swap very much. Maybe K Rool Vs Kirby at some point.

The potential of the subspace emissionary is too good to put down in words. They better not Fook this up.
The contrast of personalities is what Super Smash Bros is about...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
They knew that if Bowser went after Mario, Mario would win and K Rool went after DK, DK would win...

What if...K Rool switched with Bowser to see if Bowser could beat DK, because DK doesn't know how to deal with Bowser
That's actually some wonderful speculation; wouldn't be surprised if that was the true story. Seems believable.

Machete

Smash Ace
Bowser is attacking DK...

So, while Mario is in his battle against Kirby, King K. Rool attacks the Mushroom Kingdom and Luigi must face him.

Oh, and the evil characters should be all together. I mean: Bowser, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Ridley, Claus and Dedede (and maybe others) are working together against the Subspace Army, but against the good guys too. The Nintendo villains won't allow the Prime Minister to defeat the heroes, only they could do this.

K. Rool for Brawl, all fighting videogames need a fat crocodile with a huge and bloody eye.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
King K. Rool is the next perfect villain to be in Brawl. I think each series should have villains with their heroes

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
SORRY ABOUT POSTING THIS IN A NEW THREAD, I WAS UNAWARE OF THIS THREAD'S EXISTENCE...

Well, this is my first post, but I have been playing SSB for a LONG time :p. I thought of a moveset for King K. Rool, who would be SWEET in brawl. I also think that the DK Line could have another character. I mean, kirby has 3! So here it is:
'A' Attacks: Chomps, tail swipes, body slams etc.
Up B: The huge jump. Much like King Dedede I realize...But you gain more distance. Think of it like a really big leap frog.
Side B: His crown throw from the DKC 1 final battle. It comes back like a boomerang. Charge up for more distance.
Down B: Throw an orange grenade from Donkey Kong 64. They bounce once before exploding.

FS: I have 3 ideas...Tell me which one you like the best.
1) Cannon balls fall randomly on the screen from the top (Just like the DKC final battle...I take alot from that) Anyone it hits takes considerable damage, like a bomb-om say.
2) MY Favourite: Boxing Round! Taken from the Donkey kong 64 final battle, KK Rool gets punching gloves on, and gains speed. He can run around and punch, or throw banana peels on the ground. His punches are really powerful...
3) Kall of the Kremlins (Or w/e they are called): A variety of goonies come onto the stage, including the really jumpy ones, some of the vultures, some beavers and even that dude with the helmet. They all attack your enemies.

So, what do you think? I really hope KK Rool makes it...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Your moveset is okay. It's missing the blunderbuss from his Kaptain version though.
I like the idea of a chargeable crownthrow. That makes it something new and not the same as links >B.

I couldn't really decide which final smash would be the best from your ideas. I like the idea that his giant ship he had in DK64 comes and shoots a giant beam of destruction on the stage...

Top Bottom