• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ive narrowed it down guys

All the characters people know, and did well on the polls, and that would make sense to put in Brawl
(Heres my list, ones I truly care about are highlighted)

K. Rool
Olimar
Claus
Ridley
Krystal
Geno
Isaac

Thats who makes sense to me, and possibly Midna/Wolf Link

Sakurai has expressed dislike for Sukapon, so I dont see him getting in

takamaru might have a chance.

Alright, I suppose youre wondering where Im going with this, well...

To be honest, weve run out of characters, except for those in the aformentioned list and a few others (Wolf, Falco, Bomberman) that could be n Brawl.

We are in need of more villains, and heavy weights - K. Rool
Olimar scored high on all polls, and would bring a truly unique fighting style to the game (one with AI) - Olimar

we need more females, and another unique fighter(with a staff) - Krystal

Mother needs more representatives, and I think Sakurai likes Mother 3 and its main characters - Claus

Hes a villain from a very underrepped series, and has been very popular for a while now - Ridley

Sakurai expressed a liking for him, and he scored highly on the poll, which seems to have an effect on the character choices. He also is wanted by fans, and should be added so some people might understand who he is. - Geno

Golden Sun was a great series imo, and many others agree. He also scored well on the polls, so thats a plus. - Isaac

The other mentioned characters (Takamaru, Falco, Wolf, Midna/WL) are the most likely candidates to be added in after the others incase Sakurai adds more than just those 6, leaving us with a total of 31(Captain Falcon, and Luigi are going to be in, its obvious) 31+ maybe 5, one more than I mentioned, so were lookin at at least 36 characters here.

That spells good time in my book.

GUys, K. Rool's odds are so high, I wouldnt even worry (but I cant help it)

ive just gotta say it, its my thing. K. Rool for Brawl!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ive narrowed it down guys

All the characters people know, and did well on the polls, and that would make sense to put in Brawl
(Heres my list, ones I truly care about are highlighted)

K. Rool
Olimar
Claus
Ridley
Krystal
Geno
Isaac

Thats who makes sense to me, and possibly Midna/Wolf Link

Sakurai has expressed dislike for Sukapon, so I dont see him getting in

takamaru might have a chance.

Alright, I suppose youre wondering where Im going with this, well...

To be honest, weve run out of characters, except for those in the aformentioned list and a few others (Wolf, Falco, Bomberman) that could be n Brawl.

We are in need of more villains, and heavy weights - K. Rool
Olimar scored high on all polls, and would bring a truly unique fighting style to the game (one with AI) - Olimar

we need more females, and another unique fighter(with a staff) - Krystal

Mother needs more representatives, and I think Sakurai likes Mother 3 and its main characters - Claus

Hes a villain from a very underrepped series, and has been very popular for a while now - Ridley

Sakurai expressed a liking for him, and he scored highly on the poll, which seems to have an effect on the character choices. He also is wanted by fans, and should be added so some people might understand who he is. - Geno

Golden Sun was a great series imo, and many others agree. He also scored well on the polls, so thats a plus. - Isaac

The other mentioned characters (Takamaru, Falco, Wolf, Midna/WL) are the most likely candidates to be added in after the others incase Sakurai adds more than just those 6, leaving us with a total of 31(Captain Falcon, and Luigi are going to be in, its obvious) 31+ maybe 5, one more than I mentioned, so were lookin at at least 36 characters here.

That spells good time in my book.

GUys, K. Rool's odds are so high, I wouldnt even worry (but I cant help it)

ive just gotta say it, its my thing. K. Rool for Brawl!!

Yeah, there are only a few other characters that would get a spot before K. Rool, and about 36 is a right number, but only if K. Rool is one of them ^_^

I wouldn't even care if it's only 33 (I HIGHLY doubt that we only get 33)... but K. Rool has to be one of them...

I really can't wait to see the challenger approuching image on the Dojo, scroll down... and... see K. Rool. Oh my ****ing god it would be so awesome xD too bad they probably won't have alt costumes, Kaptain K. Rool costume would be sooooo amazing...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The donkey Kong series should have already had 2 reps by now.. especially since other franchises are getting more reps: "kirby,pokemon"... its well over due. K rool for brawl!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
My most wanted character's confirmation has already happened, Diddy Kong. :)

Now I'm at high hopes for Geno and K. Rool. (Though I doubt both of them will not be part of the starting roster, so they will not be seen until after release if they exist)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
My most wanted character's confirmation has already happened, Diddy Kong. :)

Now I'm at high hopes for Geno and K. Rool. (Though I doubt both of them will not be part of the starting roster, so they will not be seen until after release if they exist)
Yeah I wanted Diddy the most also, but my high hopes are only a bit different from yours.. I want K. rool and Bowser jr.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wanted Sonic the most :/ (sorry Diddy Kong)

And my most wanted characters are now K. Rool and... don't know about the other one. Well, I know it would be Knuckles (Knuckles would be even better than K. Rool), but his chances are probably about 1 %...

Oh well, enough off topic. We'll probably see K. Rool on the 24th January at the earliest... argh! The wait... it takes forever x_x

Does anyone think K. Rool might be too big? (>_>)
He should be bigger than DK at least, but does this mean he'd be even bigger than Bowser? Maybe K. Rool will be a little taller than Bowser (because he doesn't has his head downwards like Bowser <_>) and maybe as big as Ridley if he's getting in.

D

Deleted member

Nah. I say the same size as DK and Bowser at the most. DK's size was basicallt takin' on from the original Donkey Kong from what I've heard.

Anyways. If he was bigger than everyone else, that'd be a big disadvantage for him since he'd be an easy target.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nah. I say the same size as DK and Bowser at the most. DK's size was basicallt takin' on from the original Donkey Kong from what I've heard.

Anyways. If he was bigger than everyone else, that'd be a big disadvantage for him since he'd be an easy target.
Well, yeah, that'd be not too good, but K. Rool is bigger than DK. And we all know how tall DK is (if he stands upright). He's even bigger than Bowser. K. Rool is about twice the size of DK...
K. Rool should at least be a little bigger than DK, and not the same size at the most <_<
Even if the size was taken from the original, the DK we know from country and 64 are probably about the same size, you just don't have a good comparison to Mario because he isn't really in a game (well, he was in DKC2, and there he was not much smaller than DK, but K. Rool would still be taller than the original one).
You also have to think if you want the original DK it would be Cranky Kong, so they aren't taking that one. DK is just a giant monkey that is bigger than Mario, but K. Rool is even bigger than him... it would be very strange to have a smaller K. Rool than Donkey Kong...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
K. Rool was only a giant in DK64, and theres always resizing. Look at Super Mario 64 Bowser fights in comparison to Mario and Bowser in Melee.

Luigi player

Smash Master
K. Rool was only a giant in DK64, and theres always resizing. Look at Super Mario 64 Bowser fights in comparison to Mario and Bowser in Melee.
Yes, but K. Rool is still bigger than DK and I don't think they should make him smaller, because he never was that.

Look: I doubled DKs size here. He isn't that much taller than K. Rool, and K. Rool is significantly bigger than the normal DK (who is even standing)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, but K. Rool is still bigger than DK and I don't think they should make him smaller, because he never was that.

Look: I doubled DKs size here. He isn't that much taller than K. Rool, and K. Rool is significantly bigger than the normal DK (who is even standing)
I doubt K. Rool is going to be that big compared to DK.

K. Rool should be more around Bowser's height, with DK being less...

SSBB_is_Epic

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see King K. Rool in Brawl. He's a character I'd been hoping for since Brawl was announced.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Bowser is also significantly bigger than Mario, yet they are not too far apart in melee.

Yeah, resizing can help.

K. Rool I'd imagine would be just about as big as Bowser, if not just a bit taller.

Machete

Smash Ace
I doubt K. Rool is going to be that big compared to DK.

K. Rool should be more around Bowser's height, with DK being less...
Agreed.

We can't have K. Rool in his original size, because then, Bowser would be gigantic. Ridley too. In Smash, the playable characters aren't in his true size.

BTW, Any ideas for his taunts?

One of them should be the "**** Thank you" of DK64.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, that's what I said, he should be at least a little bit bigger than DK, because he's never been smaller or the same size. ^^

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely hoping that King K. Rool will appear in Brawl as a playable character. Along with King K. Rool, I'm only looking forward to a few others, so I'm really hoping he makes the cut. Sign me up for Kremling Power, Andy4Brawl_911. :grin:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Oh, alright then. I'll just put the banner on for now. :)

EDIT: Don't I have to wait until I become a member to wear the banner?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, alright then. I'll just put the banner on for now. :)

EDIT: Don't I have to wait until I become a member to wear the banner?
Nah, I PM'd Andy once, and he told me to put ON the banner to be made a member, or something very close to that, its been a while.

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
If any villain deserves a spot in Brawl, it's this guy. Seeing Diddy Kong confirmed actually made me fear for K.Rool's chances, and Bowser getting after DK's bananas in SSE made that fear even worse. But seeing Kirby got Meta-Knight and Dedede and the Petey Piranha cannon ball discussion in this thread, I'd say he's got a fair chance being in Brawl!

I really want him to appear as a PC in the game. He's the only character I want to see appearing in Brawl really, I don't really care for others. He's one of my favorite VG villains. I recently played good ol' DKC and beat the crap out of him, while thinking 'Jeez, he'd be perfect for Brawl...'
I really love the DKC series and DK64 (Stopped playing the DK games after that, freaking bongo's) and the GBA ports weren't really exciting, too.

Just give this Kremling King a spot in Brawl. That's all I ask! I don't care if Sakurai plans to add an useless character like (no offense) Capt. Olimar or Animal Crosser as PC's in Brawl, as long as the King of Kremlings gets a spot in Brawl!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If any villain deserves a spot in Brawl, it's this guy. Seeing Diddy Kong confirmed actually made me fear for K.Rool's chances, and Bowser getting after DK's bananas in SSE made that fear even worse. But seeing Kirby got Meta-Knight and Dedede and the Petey Piranha cannon ball discussion in this thread, I'd say he's got a fair chance being in Brawl!

I really want him to appear as a PC in the game. He's the only character I want to see appearing in Brawl really, I don't really care for others. He's one of my favorite VG villains. I recently played good ol' DKC and beat the crap out of him, while thinking 'Jeez, he'd be perfect for Brawl...'
I really love the DKC series and DK64 (Stopped playing the DK games after that, freaking bongo's) and the GBA ports weren't really exciting, too.

Just give this Kremling King a spot in Brawl. That's all I ask! I don't care if Sakurai plans to add an useless character like (no offense) Capt. Olimar or Animal Crosser as PC's in Brawl, as long as the King of Kremlings gets a spot in Brawl!

I agree with everything you said.... right up until you said Olimar would be a useless character.

They both have tons of potential, then again, if you called Olimar useless, you might not have played any of the Pikmin games, and are under the asumption that hes just an astronaut.

I agree with you completely on the Animal Crosser though, despite the icon theory, why does ANYONE think he'd make a good character? honestly, give me a good moveset for him and Ill eat my words.

K. Rool for Brawl! Let the DKC legacy live on!

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
About the canon ball in the SSE video...

Sorry guys. As much as I want the canon ball to be from K rool, I dont think its him...look, i slowed it down and look what i got. think its petey. :(

I know petey doesnt have canon ball throwing abilities but you can see him right behind the canon ball. can someone please prove me wrong?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
About the canon ball in the SSE video...

Sorry guys. As much as I want the canon ball to be from K rool, I dont think its him...look, i slowed it down and look what i got. think its petey. :(

I know petey doesnt have canon ball throwing abilities but you can see him right behind the canon ball. can someone please prove me wrong?

Yeah I figured that out a while ago...

I still don't think it makes any sense...

Petey can't fire cannonballs...

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
I agree with everything you said.... right up until you said Olimar would be a useless character.

They both have tons of potential, then again, if you called Olimar useless, you might not have played any of the Pikmin games, and are under the asumption that hes just an astronaut.

I agree with you completely on the Animal Crosser though, despite the icon theory, why does ANYONE think he'd make a good character? honestly, give me a good moveset for him and Ill eat my words.

K. Rool for Brawl! Let the DKC legacy live on!
Yeah, never played the Pikmin series. Maybe he does have potential, although I haven't seen Olimar in action. Then again, I just don't like Olimar's design. I know, lame excuse, haha. Ah well.

Oh yeah, I'll join the group too. K.Rool for Brawl people! If he doesn't make it in as a PC, make him a boss for SSE, but please, don't stick to a Trophy only.
Brawl needs villains, and the DK series can use another rep.

And Donkey Country 3 just got released on the Virtual Console... Must download it later! Well, guess that be all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, never played the Pikmin series. Maybe he does have potential, although I haven't seen Olimar in action. Then again, I just don't like Olimar's design. I know, lame excuse, haha. Ah well.

Oh yeah, I'll join the group too. K.Rool for Brawl people! If he doesn't make it in as a PC, make him a boss for SSE, but please, don't stick to a Trophy only.
Brawl needs villains, and the DK series can use another rep.

And Donkey Country 3 just got released on the Virtual Console... Must download it later! Well, guess that be all.

Seriously? It did? I need to go download it!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I pondered about something for a bit...If King K. Rool's character design will receive the same amount of detail as those of the other PCs, this signifies that we will be able to see King K's scales and veins popping out on his eye tic(not to mention a more magnificent looking cape)!

Machete

Smash Ace
Nintendo's K. Rool is a piece of **** compared to Rare's.

But, seeing how awesome-looking is Bowser in Smash Bros., I expect an awesome K. Rool too.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nintendo's K. Rool is a piece of **** compared to Rare's.

But, seeing how awesome-looking is Bowser in Smash Bros., I expect an awesome K. Rool too.
Agree'd. Btw, 3rd page? Oh noes!

I really want to see how he'll look like in Brawl. It'll be awesome, I'm sure...
We still have to wait one month to know if he's a PC or not... :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nintendo's design? Seriously, when did Nintendo themselves EVER used King K.Rool? O_O So far, the only companies besides Rare using K.Rool are PAON for the King of Swing and family games, Namco for one minor cameo in the Donkey Kongas and HAL/Sakurai for K.Rool's thropy in Melee.

Nintendo NEVER used King K.Rool in any game. The only DK related games Nintendo themselves made where DK: Jungle Beat and Mario vs Donkey Kong which neither contained ANYTHING from other Rare-created DK games except for 'the banana' which the Nintendo EAD Tokio team thinks of as a character apperantly. <_<

So I dunno what the hell you guys are on, but there's no 'Nintendo design' for K.Rool. And in every single model K.Rool had, he had his tail. Anyways, K.Rool looked really tight in his Melee thropy. Much better than playable characters as Yoshi, Kirby and Link (I honestly think they look like crap in Melee) I think. Hopefully Sakurai realises that K.Rool would add loads of differicity into the roster and hopefully he'll turn King K.Rool into a playable character, but any sort of physical apperance of K.Rool would please me.

Top Bottom