• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

killing lucas

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
I am fairly skilled player and i played falco In a tournament i had difficulties beating a lucuas buy main problem was KOing when i needed to and he actually got up to 200% at one point any suggestions?

STMH

Smash Cadet
side smash. fwd smash. bair. uair. down smash, side special, and a hell lot more. u gotta be kidding me, you can't kill him with these attacks?

Ace201x

Smash Rookie
My roomate plays as Lucas and there are numerous ways in which I will kill him.
Make him have to use PK Thunder and then u can hit the ball so he can't actually hit himself, best way is with your reflector.
I do a lot of spot dodging into grabbing to get him in the air and do a b-air or something.
Once you get him off the stage, that should be it.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
At 200%, any move would practically kill him. What were you trying to do to KO Lucas?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Well, I've never had much trouble against a Lucas, I usually get good spacing and use my reflector to block his priority, than I go over and smash 'em. If he's at like 200% why not Dash Attack the Lucas. Also, if you edge game correctly, you can out skill Lucas, block his PK Thunder before he can recover with it so he'll fall in a free state and a free KO, but that's not the best idea with Falco, recovery isn't the best.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
lol
edgeguarding lucas is not as easy as "get rid of his PK thunder and he can't do anything". alot of people underestimate lucas' recovery. you can't forget that he has good aerial movement, a tether recovery, zap jump, magnet pull, and PKT. it's not as easy as everyone makes it out ot be.

as for killing lucas, just wait until they try to use a smash attack, or they don't autocancel his dair. you could sheild grab his Fair easily to get in some setups from throws. i seem to kill lucas with usmash alot.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Falco has quite a few kill options. You could even look for an early dair spike.

Bair and uair have sufficient knockback to kill. Fsmash and usmash are great. Dsmash is pretty good although I'm not a huge fan of it. Keep your kill moves fresh too.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
If you haven't been lasering much because of his absorber, you can slip in a SHL at close range that he won't expect, and hit him with a smash during the few frames he's stunned from the laser.

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
Its not like i totally suck i beat him easily in the first round 2nd round he won 3rd round went into over time with both of us on our last life and over 100 damage in over time with both lasted until the bombs and those finished me, I know it was sad

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
Hi F smash is weird you have to sweet spot it or it is weak and down smash was not doing it he was wary of up smash so i could not do that much

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wary of up smash? Because it totally doesn't broadcast itself for a full second before going off giving you plenty of time to airdodge/roll/shield/get a hit in before the hitbox comes out.

Seriously, no one should be getting hit by Lucas' up smash.

heytallman

CTALL
.........Seriously? lolwut?

At 200% anything will kill Lucas. Just dash attack, it's easiest. Just watch out for Lucas' dsmash. It'll get ya.

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
Wary of up smash? Because it totally doesn't broadcast itself for a full second before going off giving you plenty of time to airdodge/roll/shield/get a hit in before the hitbox comes out.

Seriously, no one should be getting hit by Lucas' up smash.
no my up smash i never got hit by his that would suck

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
No, no one in the world get hit by that is like being hit PK flash the most embarrassing death ever haha

Veril

Frame Savant
My roomate plays as Lucas and there are numerous ways in which I will kill him.
Make him have to use PK Thunder and then u can hit the ball so he can't actually hit himself, best way is with your reflector.
I do a lot of spot dodging into grabbing to get him in the air and do a b-air or something.
Once you get him off the stage, that should be it.
lol, seriously. Edgeguarding a competent Lucas is very difficult. Using the PKT is a last resort and I always try to Psi-M stall if I think someone is going to try and gimp it to throw them off. If I have my second jump however this does not come up since I can just wavezap to safety (even if I get spiked :p, up to moderate % at least).

Lucas can get killed off the sides and top, killing him off the bottom is more trouble than its worth.

Killing a Lucas at 200% as falco though... what doesn't kill at that %? (don't bother answering that).

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
that was only one time i was just telling how bad it got i usually killed him at 130 or earlier

GodAwful

Smash Rookie
I would look to shield grab a Lucas near the edge d-throw and chase with a d-air or a b-air. If he's super well positioned a f-air could work. D-throw to hyphen could also work depending on whether he air-dodges or not.

Another non d-throw related option would be a d-smash, and then chase to a b-air/d-air depending on his positioning.

Most of these are escapable if he reacts well, (I'm not really all that familiar with a decent Lucas' recovery strategies) but if they mess up on one of these that should be the end of 'em.

J4pu

Smash Champion
side smash. fwd smash
Same thing? Slow to come out, good range redeems it though.
. bair.
Correct
uair.
Slow to come out, small hitbox; therefore not a real easy move to kill with
down smash,
Short range but when caught at close range it can be useful
side special
LOL WHUT? you normally kill with phantasm? what percents do your opponents get to?,
and a hell lot more. u gotta be kidding me, you can't kill him with these attacks?
Most of your advice was terrible and you forgot Falco's bread and butter kills:
Upsmash for high percents, and Dair for gimp kills
On the bright side you didnt say Fair, but other than that this response was abysmal

Boost smash should be the move you are trying to get off once they hit 110%-140% depending on the character.
Lucas has an Up B that is just asking to be spiked, and if they space it far enough away laser them to interrupt until they fall low enough to edge-hog.
Once Lucas starts UpB don't force an attempt to attack in if you werent already prepared to do one, you will get punished hard.

Top Bottom