• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid stabs bully to death. Gets off with no charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Its better than letting people beat the crap out of you. 11 stabs does seem a bit much, but since we don't know the full story, its hard to say who was in the wrong. But IMO I'd rather try to defend myself than let people beat the crap out of me.
Do we need to know the full story to know who was in the wrong. A guy attacked some, and the person stabbed him to defend himself. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Do we need to know the full story to know who was in the wrong. A guy attacked some, and the person stabbed him to defend himself. Seems pretty clear cut to me.
Actually, knowing the specifics of the fight is extremely important in determining what self-defense and intent is and is Saaveedra's actions really fell under self defense especially in a court and jury.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not completely related, but two nights ago, I heard a strange noise in the kitchen while I was upstairs in the game room. It was about 2 am, and with the house armed, you definitely have a moment of paranoia come over.

Needless to say, when I went downstairs, I noticed the knife drawer was open (later known that my bro had left it open.) So grabbing the knife, I carefully explored all of downstairs to make sure no one was around.

I will say though, what was going through my mind was that IF someone was there...I wouldn't stab the person only once, twice, or three times. I mean...my heart was racing and I'm not sure how many times I would have potentially stabbed the person if there was someone in the house.

So all in all...we can think all we want about what we'll do hypothetically, but when put in the situation...fear is a strong emotion.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Not completely related, but two nights ago, I heard a strange noise in the kitchen while I was upstairs in the game room. It was about 2 am, and with the house armed, you definitely have a moment of paranoia come over.

Needless to say, when I went downstairs, I noticed the knife drawer was open (later known that my bro had left it open.) So grabbing the knife, I carefully explored all of downstairs to make sure no one was around.

I will say though, what was going through my mind was that IF someone was there...I wouldn't stab the person only once, twice, or three times. I mean...my heart was racing and I'm not sure how many times I would have potentially stabbed the person if there was someone in the house.

So all in all...we can think all we want about what we'll do hypothetically, but when put in the situation...fear is a strong emotion.
That is a good point. If I was in a situation where I thought my life might be in danger, idk what I'd do either, honestly.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
He is right. Its self-defense. Next time bullies should know when to friken stop. The only thing he should be charged though, is carrying a weapon on school grounds.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

The drive and instinct to live is stronger than even logic. Honestly, if I have to choose between using deadly force to protect myself, or try to fight a group of people in vain, only to be beaten (potentially to death), I'm sorry, but in this case, one has to put one's own life as the highest possible priority, even if that means giving into our most basic and most primal of instincts.
I'm not one man army but I'm not stupid! I know how to protect myself! Stupid kids are stupid!
Well, when or if you ever get ganged up on by a group of three or more people, let us know how you fought them off without weapons and share your secret, because I'm sure near everyone would be dying to know.

ThaRealSKWEEZY

Smash Cadet
Idk wer dis idea came in2 it dat sum1 can resinably b expectid 2 defend themselfs aginst more then 1 or 2 agressurs but lemme say str8 up dat u lyin if u think u can stand up 2 a situashin like that

i bin in a lotta scraps in my day, used 2 find sumthin 2 get into it over more nites than not wen i was yunger, an no matta how tuff i thot i was gettin wen 2 or more bigger dudes startid layin in2 me dat was it. *** kickin maw****in city, homeys

u dont win dat situashin unless u damnnnn lucky or u got a wepon, for real. Nebody actin like theyd be fine in dat situashin thinkin they the ****in dark knite or sumthin just foolin theyselfs an probly lived in tha suberbs they hole lives an nevr delt with reel bullyin an reel violens

edits - but o yea so 2 b more on tha topic, dis dude was placed in a situashin dat was gona escal8. an he obv tried 2 avoyd it but it wasnt happenin so he steppd up and ****in finished it was ugly but that how it had 2 b an if sumbudy had 2 die tha rite guy walked away

ThaRealSKWEEZY

Smash Cadet
motha****in word, homey. Truth siren gettin manned by sumbudy other den skweezy 2nite!!

i meen all i can do is laff wen kids talk about how hard they is wen they talkin about **** like this, but seriusly lets b reel. cuz if they keepin dat hard attitude wen they goin 2 a REEL tuff neybahood full of peeps that actuly is hard, them suburb tuff kids gonna die in no time an dat's just senslis.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
ABSOLUTELY BROTHER. LIKE THE HULKSTER'S THEME SAYS, "FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT, FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!"

AS WE ALL KNOW I'VE HAD PLENTY OF FIGHTS IN AND OUT THAT SQUARED CIRCLE DUDE, AND WHILE I CAN SLAM 700LB GIANTS, IF THE HULK GETS GANGED UP ON, IT'S OVER FOR HIM. THE HULK'S STRENGTH ISN'T ABOUT THE PYTHONS BROTHER, IT'S ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF HULKAMANIA, AND THAT'S WHAT THE KIDS TODAY ARE MISSING DUDE, THE KNOWLEDGE THAT STRENGTH OF SPIRIT IS THE REAL STRENGTH. YOU CAN'T WIN EVERY FIGHT LITTLE MANIACS, BUT IF YOU KEEP YOUR SPIRIT GOOD AND STRONG, YOU WILL WIN THE WAR BROTHER.[COLLAPSE="[img]lolololololololololololoolblankpost[/img]"][/COLLAPSE]

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Also, I'd like to add that saying "I know how to defend myself" when talking about fighting off three people is a very brash thing to say, and it's that kind of bravado that can wind people into trouble. When one is confronted by multiple individuals, the fight-or-flight mechanic in one's body kicks in, and it pretty much casts all logical thinking into the ether, meaning you're going to do anything you can to survive, even if it means using a weapon. I know I'm just beating a dead horse with a dead horse's dead horse at this point, so I'll end my post with a little video I somehow immediately thought of whilst reading up on this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udQSHWpL88

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
^ You know I'm right.

There are so many ways to protect yourself. Deadly weapons are NOT a must!

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Can't you use your brain???? Lure them to somewhere more people around????

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Can't you use your brain???? Lure them to somewhere more people around????
The situation is with the assumption that they have you surrounded. To say "Can't you use your brain????" is also a way to make you sound like a condescending jerk to boot. Also, just because you're bullied in a populated area doesn't guarantee that other people will help you. I've seen videos, and read articles of people beating on someone while the surrounding civilians did nothing but look on. So I ask again, how can one protect oneself against three or more people without the use of force of any kind, much less a weapon? You seem to be implying that running - potentially in vain - to a public area is the only logical answer.

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Stop your depressing crap and learn to think positively. There always a way out. Plus, one should never put himself into that situation in the 1st place. Ask the stupid kid what he had done to encourage those bullies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Stop your depressing crap and learn to think positively. There always a way out. Plus, one should never put himself into that situation in the 1st place. Ask the stupid kid what he had done to encourage those bullies.
So it's the bullied kid's fault for being bullied? You can't seriously say that with a straight face. Bullies will target those they think are weak, regardless of whether their chosen victim provoked them or not. My goodness, I can't believe we're having a debate over this kind of topic. I don't want to make assumptions here, but I'll hazard a guess you've never had to deal with a bully yourself.

twofish-quant

Smash Rookie
So it's the bullied kid's fault for being bullied? You can't seriously say that with a straight face. Bullies will target those they think are weak, regardless of whether their chosen victim provoked them or not. My goodness, I can't believe we're having a debate over this kind of topic. I don't want to make assumptions here, but I'll hazard a guess you've never had to deal with a bully yourself.
I agree with your opinion Sol Diviner, but to have this viewpoint for every situation is a very dangerous line to tread on (I am not specifically saying "you" have this opinion, but in general). In this particular situation, from what I read, it seems like the person being bullied HAD to do some type of self defense.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I agree with your opinion Sol Diviner, but to have this viewpoint for every situation is a very dangerous line to tread on (I am not specifically saying "you" have this opinion, but in general). In this particular situation, from what I read, it seems like the person being bullied HAD to do some type of self defense.
Well, it's not like every bully situation brings about desperate acts of violence for defense, but in this case, the bullies were clearly going all out physical on the poor boy. In short, my point exactly.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
^ You know I'm right.

There are so many ways to protect yourself. Deadly weapons are NOT a must!
No you're not right. And if your life is in danger, there's nothing wrong with using a weapon to defend yourself. There's a reason the US has the 2nd amendment.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No you're not right. And if your life is in danger, there's nothing wrong with using a weapon to defend yourself. There's a reason the US has the 2nd amendment.
And a reason why every country has armed forces.

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it is wrong to do that. I'm just saying the kid is stupid. And maybe that's why he got so many bullies excited.

In fact, whose fault is that is very controversial.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
We'll see just how stupid it is should goodness forbid either of you find yourselves in a life-or-death situation, and not just with bullies.

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
The fact is I'm smart enough not to put myself in life-or-death situation at all. Stupid people should quit looking for excuses.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh. I was being sarcastic. lol
Oh, Morino. You and your sarcasm. :p
The fact is I'm smart enough not to put myself in life-or-death situation at all. Stupid people should quit looking for excuses.
Either your ignorance knows no bounds, or you're just a troll. I've already made my point backed up with facts and sources, so if you're not going to take it seriously, then I'm done trying to take you seriously.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Rinisan was doing something similar in the rate the music above thread. People would post a song and he would simply scoff it off as "didn't like it" or that it was stupid or something like that without giving any sort of constructive criticism as the thread is intended for.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He stopped the excuses and shanked the guy, that put an end to it for good!

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
OMG if you can't understand why the kid is stupid, then it's not worthy to argue with you... I mean, seriously, kids like that is helpless. If I'm a bully, I'd explore him too. He just asked for it!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How many stabs does it take to get to the center of a bully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom