• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just added your friend code, so sure I guess I'm up for a match or two before I go to bed.

EDIT: Never mind. Dumb internet connection. Sorry. :(

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
The aurum themselves remain mysterious too. You can't really tell that they were "evil," because they weren't wanting destruction like Hades, just to spread like normal life as Viridi says. But as for Pyrrhon, you can't tell if he's evil or not because all you know is he wanted to level up, he never really said what he'd do after that.

Also a REALLY interesting thing I noticed as I did 24 on 9.0, the easiest place to get narrowly avoided shots in air battles is right as those super fast and hp-heavy monoeye and mik come from behind the monomiknose. Just go in a circle like normal and I always get 5 or more shots to narrowly avoid me. If I were to guess why is because their shots always go to where you were and have little time to home in on you, in the perfect combination with the speed the shots move at.

I also added everyone's FC from pages 40+ for now, again my FC is 0473-7784-2867.

I see what you did there- conTROLLED!
Um.. no. I was making fun of the > sign at the start of a command line xD
But nice try xD

I dont want to see Hades or Viridi on the new Smash. Palutena would have a nice moveset though. It'd be cool if one of her alternate outfits was pseudo-palutena xD

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Just beat all chapters on 9.0, and I confirm you do get 999,999 hearts.
I wonder what all I should do with these hearts though... I don't think any weapon I could buy would be any better than all the 300+ valued weapons I got from all 25 chapters on 9.0, I only get weapon gems from Palutena(I should probably get out in crowded places more often), and all that leaves is offering to Palutena.

I'd like to see how close she gets putting 1,000,000 hearts on top of my already donated 660,900. Guess I know what I'm doing ;)

I just got done scanning some weapon fusions with all the weapons I have and managed a good laser staff
Ranged 6 Melee 0
Overall defense +1
Running Speed +4
Standing ch. shot +4

Does 182 damage per standing ch. shot no matter the distance. I think I'll test this out online tomorrow. Or today to be technical, geez it's late, I'm going to bed zzz.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
PLEASE tell me if Palutena does anything for the offering.. T_T I must know what she does!

Oh, and a long time ago I believe I posted my little theory on the Aurum. Basically, that they are the universe/creator.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
PLEASE tell me if Palutena does anything for the offering.. T_T I must know what she does!
Unfortunatly, no one knows. I think it fills a treasure spot that says "offer x hearts" It's probably just something that Nintendo put in there to troll us. Think about it. I'm sure it's hilarious watching us trying to figure out what it does when it says right in the description that it doesn't do anything.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't forget that Viridi has her own separate offering as well.

This is the game that keeps on giving us stuff to do. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Viridi is the only one I've used

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunatly, no one knows. I think it fills a treasure spot that says "offer x hearts" It's probably just something that Nintendo put in there to troll us. Think about it. I'm sure it's hilarious watching us trying to figure out what it does when it says right in the description that it doesn't do anything.
Nope. I've flled enough treasure spots to read all the ones I havent completed. None have anything to do with offering.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet

How do you offer to Viridi? I only know how to offer to Palutena for now, and I pretty much completed the WHOLE game.

I also fused an even BETTER Magnus Club than my last one that I use for FFA.
Value 307
4.5 Star range 4 Star melee
Poison +1
Speed +4
Melee Combo +4
Heart Bonus +1

The effect combination is just perfect. My melee combo does 286, and iirc online hp is a base 300(not sure). But then poison kicks in and can finish them off in about 5 seconds. The speed is awesome, almost as fast as normal claws. I do lose 1.5 stars range and .5 star melee, but range is still a 2 hit kill and the melee combo +4 more than made up for the melee loss.
I lost melee and kb defense +1s though, as well as my in-peril autododge. The autododge isn't too important because I'd rather die quicker to get my aries armor back anyhow, I'll need to switch around my power setup since I won't be needing lightweight but rather tirelessness, I really can't wait to use this thing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Phosphora Bow with +3 Homing is pretty fun. 3/4 of charged shots hit, even when the opponent is actively dodging.
There's a reason it's my favorite weapon so far.

How do you offer to Viridi? I only know how to offer to Palutena for now, and I pretty much completed the WHOLE game.
It's under the options menu under hidden options, there you can switch over to the Viridi styled menu (Chapters 18-21) who has her own offering. And don't worry, you don't lose what you have already offered to Palutena.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
It's under the options menu under hidden options, there you can switch over to the Viridi styled menu (Chapters 18-21) who has her own offering. And don't worry, you don't lose what you have already offered to Palutena.
Thanks, now I have donated 660900 hearts to both goddesses, I can see both of them waist-up now. I'll go for 1000000 on each once I get to that many hearts (about 680000), and I'm at about 450000 for now. I'm pretty sure the offering really does nothing but what else is there really to spend hearts on other than the fiend's cauldron?

My book also finally got to 98.4% complete while my treasure hunt is at 96.67%, I forgot how long 100 hours on a single game is like, sheesh. Guess I might as well start on my narrowly avoiding 50 air shots now.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I think the only benefit to offering is just for ****s and giggles. Plus, what else are you going to use hearts for?

Also, quite impressed that so many of you people have invested quite a bit of time into the game. lol I guess I just lack the motivation to put in the time and effort to complete everything. =P

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Also, quite impressed that so many of you people have invested quite a bit of time into the game. lol I guess I just lack the motivation to put in the time and effort to complete everything. =P
Total current play time 83:12. Then again I'm really heavy on doing 100% completion in games. Also 139:48 on total game time, I really spent too much time doing weapon fusion.

Speaking of 100% completion, does anyone know where I can find a full list of all in-game idols? or at least how many there are? I'm at 371 and doing a single yellow egg gives me a 7% chance of a new idol, and it's taking quite a while needing to use 3/4 eggs at one time.

Still waiting on tempura attack, too.

Update: Also made a new record on FFA- 4826 18-4
Update2: I FINALLY got my tempura attack, ultimate power is now Pyrrhon's! I mean... All powers are now mine!
Update3: Except I didn't get that one block on Hades's treasure hunt filled in, wtf?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If you want Idol collection to go by faster, take your 3DS with you to get some PlayCoins. For one coin, you get a free idol. So that's 10 idols per day.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
If you want Idol collection to go by faster, take your 3DS with you to get some PlayCoins. For one coin, you get a free idol. So that's 10 idols per day.
Actually 1 play coin = 1 egg. And I do that already. I'm not really complaining about how slow it is, I just want to see when I'll be finished, something to look forward to.

Try killing a guy that has daybreak, it's so satisfying. Trollololo

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Got a 6/6 burning palm a couple days ago with a value of ~270 and shot defense -2..

Overall, I really like this one. Palms have a lot of depth/difference between weapons. All of them seem to have something different to offer.. I can't make myself like Pudgy, though. Just horrible to try to land a hit.

On a side note, can somebody briefly explain the differences between super and Aries armors? The descriptions are kind of vague, and I'm curious.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Got a 6/6 burning palm a couple days ago with a value of ~270 and shot defense -2..

Overall, I really like this one. Palms have a lot of depth/difference between weapons. All of them seem to have something different to offer.. I can't make myself like Pudgy, though. Just horrible to try to land a hit.

On a side note, can somebody briefly explain the differences between super and Aries armors? The descriptions are kind of vague, and I'm curious.
That's funny, I actually got a 6/6 pudgy palm just for the heck of it. xD I don't think I'd use it in LvD though because it's 332. Pretty much same for this Virgo Palm I got to 6/5.5, it's 317.
I'm satisfied with my viridi and aurum palm sets though.

I wish I could use more variety that works though. Any time I seem to use my laser staff my team loses even when I went 3-0. Pretty much only my Taurus arm and Viridi palm guarantee me a win.
I think just trying to pick up a staff and use it isn't that easy in together because everyone's always moving around sporadically. I've been meaning to try out a bow, I've fused quite a few good ones, and I don't see the point in trying claws out when my taurus arm beats them all out. Haven't fused any good cannon for use in LvD yet and personally I think bows beat out orbitars. I don't use blades much because of the palm's more uniqueness.

On a side note, I'd like to hear everyone's favorite back-dash ch shot weapon. I think the upperdash arm has one awesome bd ch shot. The Virgo palm's my fave on the prettiness side.

About the super/aries armor, I think aries armor does a lot more protection-correct me if I'm wrong.

And in case anyone's curious about my 6/6 6/5.5 collection, I'll list them now-and don't confuse me with that other egotistic guy that claims getting 6/6 stars is a "secret."
6/6 stars Pudgy Palm-332
6/5.5 stars Silver Bow-325
6/5.5 stars Virgo Palm-317
5.5/5.5 stars Ore Club-301
5/6 stars Magnus Club-301
I'd also suggest to not do 6/6 on staffs and orbitars for obvious reasons. Probably palms too, because my pudgy palm only does 96 from a combo, and you usually want to stay at a distance with palms anyway, so the 6 melee stars are wasted points. I'd also suggest not putting ranged stars on arms either, unless you can get it to work somehow.
As for the "secret," all I did was fuse high value weapons that had high stars and some low effects. My pudgy adds up to +7, bow to +6, Virgo is +10(5 is from full-health boost), Ore Club is +4, and Magnus is +5. So if a 300+ weapon you got is +4/+4/+4, it probably won't fuse into any 6/6.
Adding in 6/5.5 Stealth claws too, first time I used a negative effect, -4 health on it. Value 290

Life

Smash Hero
So I'm thinking Self-Injury might not be as bad as people say it is. It's a permanent poison effect, which is bad because you'll die quickly. But some strategies (particularly in FFA) rely on dying often so you can refresh good powers that will get you multiple kills. I have Centurion Orbitars with 6R/+4FDCS and it does a LOT of damage on a direct hit. I wonder if SI counts towards Libra Sponge... EDIT: Nope, and neither does Tradeoff while I'm at it.

Magnus Club, Guardian Orbitars, End-all Arm have some of the nicer BDCS that I've seen.

Also, I died to an Orne on Chapter 4 because I accidentally dodged the pot that's circled by two little Ornes...

EDIT2: just went 8-2 2408 in an LVD room, getting about half the kills with those Centurions and half (including the finishing blow) by spawning as Pit with Scorpio Staff. Might try Slipshot with these, as I find the biggest problem with them is that they tend to home into walls.

Centurion Orbitars (268)
6/3
KB defense +1
FDCS +4
SI -3

A little high value to have such low survivability, but I already play glass cannons like that so it's nothing I'm not already used to.

The setup I had with the match I just mentioned was Reflect Barrier 4, Health Recovery 4, Energy Charge 4.
The setup I'm thinking of has Slipshot 3, Energy Charge 4, Autoreticle 1, and Quick Charge 2--a classic Staff combo repurposed. Tried it and couldn't get it to work, but random defensive powers seem to work nicely. I get a surprising amount of kills even without Energy Charge. And all at the low, low cost of poison.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'd think slipshot wouldn't be a wise choice because it's such a big piece and half the stages don't even have walls.

Also I'm going to try out my meteor bow, which I like because it fires like the arrows of light.
Value 271
6 range 0 melee
Shot range +2 Speed +2 FDCS +1 Full-health boost +3 Heart boost -1

I'm gonna try warp 3, autoreticle 1, homing boost 3, heal 4 and see how it plays out. I anyone has suggestions for a power setup for this kind of weapon, I'm not too solid on what's good.

iLink

Smash Champion
For bows, I like using warp, reflect and bumblebee. Basically just making myself hard to hit while I pester people from a distance. I'll occasionally run an energy charge set for those 2 or 1 shot kills. Most bows have decent homing so I don't bother with autoreticle or homing boost (although I'm not sure how well the homing on meteor bow is so it might need it)

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
For bows, I like using warp, reflect and bumblebee. Basically just making myself hard to hit while I pester people from a distance. I'll occasionally run an energy charge set for those 2 or 1 shot kills. Most bows have decent homing so I don't bother with autoreticle or homing boost (although I'm not sure how well the homing on meteor bow is so it might need it)
The homing isn't really that good. I would do an energy charge set except the only levels of it I have are 1, which is too few, and 4, which is too big of a piece! But I'll take your advice and put bumblebee since the heal doesn't do much and I don't really need autoreticle when I have 4 uses of homing boost. The reflect barrier I don't need much because my range usually beats out the range of others, I think my max range is 106m or so.

I also ran into one match that played out exactly like that one staff guide I read a while back in this thread. The other team on the hill able to do nothing against my 106m range. Killed all 3 of them before they could land a single hit on my team.

iLink

Smash Champion
I always run lvl 4 energy charge along with reflect and bumble bee. If I see I have the chance of being hit and losing my energy charge, I'll put up a reflect barrier and harass people from behind it. Bumblebee saves my energy charge a few times if I'm lucky.

You'd be surprised how helpful reflect is. If they have you backed up against a wall, basically makes you invincible while you can shoot them from behind it. Especially helpful in those stages with hallways. Also I can't count the times I've reacted to a club charge shot flying at me and reflecting it back for a kill.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
energy charge + reflect barrier is a great combo. I've just recently gotten into using it..

I don't really get how bumblebee works.. I'll activate it and start flashing blue. Then, if somebody attacks me, i warp a bit and counterfire, but keep flashing blue... After one attack, though, I get hit by everything. Any advice on this one?

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
That actually sounds like a good idea. I'll take bumblebee off since usually I'm super far and bumblebee teleports me like 10m behind my enemy which I'd rather not do. And depending on what energy charge level 2 and 3 look like I may throw warp out since it doesn't really work that well. I'd use it and teleport 10m behind an enemy or right in the same spot half the time.

iLink

Smash Champion
Bumblebee works for more then 1 attack, that's why you keep flashing blue. It doesn't always work while activated, just has a chance to work.

Warp is really helpful too if you are just being ganged up or trapped in dark hole/stone/frozen.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Bumblebee works for more then 1 attack, that's why you keep flashing blue. It doesn't always work while activated, just has a chance to work.

Warp is really helpful too if you are just being ganged up or trapped in dark hole/stone/frozen.
That makes sense and was what I was thinking.. I guess I just have weird luck. Thanks for clearing that up.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet

Usually I'm not close enough to the other players to get hit by stone/freeze/dark hole. If anyone really gets in close enough, I'd use a reflect barrier.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
The nice thing about Bumblebee is that it stays up until you use it. This can be really helpful if someone sneaks up on you.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Bumblebee works best for closer ranged weapons. As for ability levels, I thought higher levels meant extra uses. Level doesn't affect that ability's power.

Also, some abilities I find useless, or has little use: any ability that aims for you, or increases homing. You don't need auto aim, because you should know how to aim. Homing shouldn't be a problem if you know how to aim right. Those are definitely the abilities to avoid with a passion in multiplayer. Save the space for something more useful.

Life

Smash Hero
Bumblebee has two charges per use (and one use per level), but it doesn't activate if you're hit while doing certain things (dash attacks, melee combo, using certain powers, maybe more).

Anyway, decided in favor of running Energy Charge with those Cent Orbs. I have two sets:
Reflect Barrier 4 / Bumblebee 3 (interchangeable)
Quick Charge 2
Energy Charge 4
Tirelessness 1

or

Energy Charge 3
Bumblebee 3
Play Dead 3

Thinking I'll go with the first, IDK.

@DAK: Homing boost is useful with certain high-homing weapons--in extreme cases, the shot will circle around and hit them again. As for autoreticule, some staff players like it, I'm not a huge fan personally.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I wish I could complete the treasure hunt, but I don't think anybody within 100 miles of me plays this game, so nearby and gem trading are blank :c
7 weapon gem fusions and 1283 hearts from Palutena's gems alone.

Other than those parts of the hunt, I only need 100 hours, all in-game idols, and all powers. The ONE thing I feathered is boss battles on HARD, because doing that is like trying to climb a 100 ft wall without arms and legs, you might get halfway and then die from a slight breeze.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could complete the treasure hunt, but I don't think anybody within 100 miles of me plays this game, so nearby and gem trading are blank :c
7 weapon gem fusions and 1283 hearts from Palutena's gems alone.

Other than those parts of the hunt, I only need 100 hours, all in-game idols, and all powers. The ONE thing I feathered is boss battles on HARD, because doing that is like trying to climb a 100 ft wall without arms and legs, you might get halfway and then die from a slight breeze.
I feathered nearby matches. I just got my 3,000th heart from palutena's gems. :p Now all I need is a few dozen of Hades hunt items... ugh x_x

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
I'm actually going to Chicago on my senior trip next weekend and I'd like to see if getting gems is easier in a city than my small town. I also don't want an ugly feather on Cragalanche's eye. Do you get anything special from doing all of a treasure hunt anyways? or anything special from the gem-trading blocks?

I feathered nearby matches. I just got my 3,000th heart from palutena's gems. :p Now all I need is a few dozen of Hades hunt items... ugh x_x
Actually feathering nearby matches isn't necessary because even if it's just playing with CPUs, it counts. I just did my first nearby match and unlocked that block on Palutena's hunt for it.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually going to Chicago on my senior trip next weekend and I'd like to see if getting gems is easier in a city than my small town. I also don't want an ugly feather on Cragalanche's eye. Do you get anything special from doing all of a treasure hunt anyways? or anything special from the gem-trading blocks?

Actually feathering nearby matches isn't necessary because even if it's just playing with CPUs, it counts. I just did my first nearby match and unlocked that block on Palutena's hunt for it.
Oh, neat. Doesnt matter though, I didnt need the feather or anything xD

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Fulfilling the block that you previously feather'd removes the feather.

Top Bottom