• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I cannot be manipulated into playing, Munchy. :p Sorry, you're gonna have to wait for everyone else.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Nothing beats playing with the full 6 people.

I generally work during the day, otherwise I'd be all over some games right now.

I'll try to host some tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow night)

As a side note, the fact that attributes = stars has completely changed the way I view the fusing system. Low value claws with +4 melee combo? Low value bow/palm with +2 dash charge shot? Sign me up.

Seems like the attribute mods are pretty "inexpensive" compared to stars in value.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I take back anything bad I might have said about blades, Aurum Blade is pretty legit. Aurum anything is pretty decent actually. Still haven't gotten a decent Aquarius.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I let you win <_< but yea ggs. I did ok until I switched from beam claws and did horrid lol

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey there was more than just you on your team when I got on, only towards the end was it actually 2 v 1, and the computers weren't too bad.

Edit: How about that match when both pits died a millisecond apart. xD I was too slow, I was like "FUUUUUU". Though that was my fault, I switched to melee when I should have just kept shooting, my ranged is three times stronger. @_@ When I see someone petrified my instinct is to melee them for some reason..

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Nothing beats playing with the full 6 people.

I generally work during the day, otherwise I'd be all over some games right now.

I'll try to host some tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow night)

As a side note, the fact that attributes = stars has completely changed the way I view the fusing system. Low value claws with +4 melee combo? Low value bow/palm with +2 dash charge shot? Sign me up.

Seems like the attribute mods are pretty "inexpensive" compared to stars in value.

I have lots of homework today, so tomorrow night sounds like a good plan for me.
Also I somehow managed a taurus arm that has 6 melee stars and +3 melee combo that can take one out in a single combo while only being valued at 208, I really like it for that. So you're on the right track.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
First three stages down at 9.0, finally. It's pretty... intense.
I'm almost done I just need to complete charpters: 8 (The Space-Pirate Ship), 9 (Medusa's Final Battle), 17 ( The Aurum Brain), and finally 25 ( The War's End)

Note: I spent 3 hours on the one with Magnus in it

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
not sure how long I'll be in here, but I'm in a room with 3 open spots right now.

Life

Smash Hero
I like DPS too, problem was I could never hit anything because (I think) the shot is really small compared to other staves (maybe).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Used a Stealth Claw with like 3.5 stars in melee with only a +8 modifer in a free-for-all that I got a 7-1, first place. xD I couldn't do much damage but they couldn't kill me.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Used a Stealth Claw with like 3.5 stars in melee with only a +8 modifer in a free-for-all that I got a 7-1, first place. xD I couldn't do much damage but they couldn't kill me.
Congratulations, but you can't beat the FFA champ's high score of 4403 with 18 kills in one match! MWAHAHAHAHA. Too bad the proof disappears too fast to get a picture.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ha I wasn't so much bragging about the score, rather than stating my shock that I killed 7 with an awfully weak weapon, and one I'm not particularly good with either (I get confused because I can't even see my own shots xD Despite that being there to confuse your opponents).

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So that's why that "online champ" guy had those negative mods. Guess his little secret is out. ;P
yeah, but his positive mods weren't anything special, and the additional stars (6 Ranged on a Magnus????) just weren't worth it.

It's situational at best, and depends on weapon type.

JACOB said:
(I get confused because I can't even see my own shots xD Despite that being there to confuse your opponents).
lolol and I thought I was the only one. (what am I shooting at??) Stealth claws are so cool in theory, but I tend to hate their lack of power and overall confusion.

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Actually the ranged stars on magnus club do quite well as I stated earlier. I use the speedy charged shots to take out people quickly, since they expect me to need to get in close for melee, with 5 ranged stars my club does around 160-180 damage per dash charge shot.

The only real limiting factor on the magnus club in FFA is it's speed which I make up for with my powers(aries armor 4 to prevent knockback and major damage from ranged players, lightweight 4 to make up for the speed, and black hole 3 to catch players). It's a combination hard to beat-my win rate is about 90% with this set.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just got the Black Hole power, I got lucky in one of the online random end of match slots. I'm still testing it out to see if it's any good, probably works better when you specialize in Melee attacks.

I'm trying out the Slip Shot power though. It seems okay so far, I haven't found any fun tricks with it yet. I did catch one person online camping and using a bow with good homing to snipe people at a distance. The shots came out of nowhere. lol

SilverStar6609

Smash Cadet
Actually if you acquire all blades you can get black hole 3 from hades's treasure hunt.
Although this may take some other unlocking, I don't remember anything that hard to unlock any blade.

I wish I had some luck getting the tempura power-the ONLY power I don't have yet. Other than getting lucky online, where else could I get it?

EDIT: I also just did chapter 21 on 9.0 for the first time and got over 50,000 hearts, I think I found my new heart farming level, even though I had a few close calls here and there-probably because I added heart booster into my power set and couldn't fit as many survival powers.
Update 2: I also just beat chapter 25 on 9.0, it's so satisfying getting a score of over 1,000,000.
Update 3: Just two left, 23 and 24. Finally I will be able to see for myself the 999,999 heart reward for myself. Sure lost enough hearts retrying 18 over and over.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually if you acquire all blades you can get black hole 3 from hades's treasure hunt.
Although this may take some other unlocking, I don't remember anything that hard to unlock any blade.

I wish I had some luck getting the tempura power-the ONLY power I don't have yet. Other than getting lucky online, where else could I get it?

EDIT: I also just did chapter 21 on 9.0 for the first time and got over 50,000 hearts, I think I found my new heart farming level, even though I had a few close calls here and there-probably because I added heart booster into my power set and couldn't fit as many survival powers.
Update 2: I also just beat chapter 25 on 9.0, it's so satisfying getting a score of over 1,000,000.
Update 3: Just two left, 23 and 24. Finally I will be able to see for myself the 999,999 heart reward for myself. Sure lost enough hearts retrying 18 over and over.
I'll have to work at unlocking that then. I haven't even been to all of the zodiac chambers yet. lol

So that's how you get the 1,000,000 score. I should really try out 9.0 more often.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying out the Slip Shot power though. It seems okay so far, I haven't found any fun tricks with it yet. I did catch one person online camping and using a bow with good homing to snipe people at a distance. The shots came out of nowhere. lol
If it was an Aurum Bow, it was probably me. :) I've done that before, and it works ok, but Slip Shot takes up so much room that it isn't worth it.

Top Bottom