• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
http://gbatemp.net/topic/323856-thinking-about-doing-a-kid-icarus-tournament/#

Tournament next week. Its LvD so you'll need a team if you want to enter.

:phone:
Next week? Darn. Can't make that :(

You can also dodge your way out of a mega laser. I sometimes just troll mega laser spammers by dodging in and out of their mega laser to them and giving them a little taste of the darkness ability. Then, as they panic, melee combo to the face.
I'm impressed you can actually hit people when they're in darkness. Whenever I do it everyone moves to erratically to place a melee hit on them. Also I like to counter megalaser with more megalaser. :)

So I got the game today and online gave me a bad first impression, it seemed to hectic and I had no idea what was going on.
I could kill anyone unless I melee'd them.
Anyone else get a first impression like this? I hope the online gets better as I play the game more.
It's pretty chaotic, but once you'll get used to it fast.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So I got the game today and online gave me a bad first impression, it seemed to hectic and I had no idea what was going on.
Anyone else get a first impression like this? I hope the online gets better as I play the game more.
Don't worry, I also got that vibe as well when I first started to play. After awhile, you get used to how the game is played, and it becomes way better when that happens.

I'm impressed you can actually hit people when they're in darkness. Whenever I do it everyone moves to erratically to place a melee hit on them. Also I like to counter megalaser with more megalaser.
I don't like to counter mega laser with one of my own, as it doesn't dish out enough damage this way. I usually save it as a gtfo method, or wait until at least two people are in my line of sight. As for the darkness, gotta love the lunge that claws and arms gives for melee. Plus darkness mixed with ability jammer = full panic mode for whoever falls victim to it. Watching them trying to sprint away or run in circles makes me laugh as I lay waste to them.

Plus ability jammer is great for protecting your team's angel.

Life

Smash Hero
Shouldn't do online until you've almost beaten Solo IMO. Once you have an idea of what you're doing, it's much easier to tell what everyone else is doing.

And yeah, Darkness <<< dash/dodge spamming. Darkness plus Land Mine / Explosive Flame / AOE in general might work though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Looks doubtful that I'll be able to do the tournament... if that changes, I'd gladly form up with 2 of you to form team Smashboards (must think of better name...)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I already suggest Team Holder of the Smashboards Team GO! (The go! is part of the name). Subject to change, but not much.

Funny, I have to go to my grandparents' house as well. =__= If anything is anyone's fault, it is Munchy's.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Can we get a general "best/most useful weapons of each category" list going? I'm thinking that 2-3 weapons of each type should stand out...

For instance, my list would look something like this, so far (in random order)

Blades:
Crusader (imo)
Viper
??? (maybe palutena?)

Bows: (too many good ones)
Sagittarius
Darkness
Palutena?
Aurum?
Phosphora?

Cannons:
???

Clubs:
Black
Magnus
???

Arms:
End all
???

Claws:
Raptor
Pandora
Beam?
(pretty much all are useful)

Palms:
Needle
Reaper? (not my fav)
???

Orbitars:
Jetstream
Fairy
Shock

Staves:
No idea really...

Your input is appreciated.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Cragalaunch, Poseidon, Sonic cannons are good.

Black, Skyscraper, Magnus (apparently people do well with it) clubs are good.

Aurum, Palutena, and Phosphora bows (if I had to guess, this could definitely be wrong).

Pandora (just awesome), Stealth (invisible attacks), Tiger (speed), Beam (range), and yeah all claws are at least decent.

End-All, Kraken arms, there are some good ones, just haven't ventured into them much.

Aquarius Blade is the only one I know that is definitely good.

Staves and Orbiters? *shrugs*

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Here would be mine:

Blades:
-Aurum
-Gaol
-? (don't use blades much, so idk)

Bows:
-Paletena
-Angel/Aurum/Phosphera (one of the 3: they all do basically the same thing)
-Darkness?

Cannons:
-Cragalanch
-Twinbellows
-Posieson

Clubs:
-Black
-Magnus
-Skyscraper

Claws:
-Raptor
-Pandora
-Beam

Arms:
-End-all
-Electroshock
-Taurus?

Palms:
-Reaper
-Burning
-Needle?

Orbs:
-I never use them

Staves:
-Flintlock
-Insight
-Dark Pit

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Aurum and Phosphora bows are really good. Sagittarius ones can also be scary, the arrows travel really fast iirc.

I'm not a fan of the Palutena bow, at least not in multiplayer. It hits like a truck but it moves so slowly. Only dash shots are good, so you're going to get tired a lot. The homing on it is also pretty bad compared to other bows. It is pretty good for single player though, because enemies are big and don't move to much, so it's way easier to hit with.

Viridi Palm also seems crazy good. It has good homing on all it shots. Like if I dodge a charged shot by dodging left or right, it will just turn and follow me, and then smash me for a bunch of damage. Whenever I run into one they cause a bunch of problems and I typically have to focus on them or my team loses.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Aurum and Phosphora bows are really good. Sagittarius ones can also be scary, the arrows travel really fast iirc.

I'm not a fan of the Palutena bow, at least not in multiplayer. It hits like a truck but it moves so slowly. Only dash shots are good, so you're going to get tired a lot. The homing on it is also pretty bad compared to other bows. It is pretty good for single player though, because enemies are big and don't move to much, so it's way easier to hit with.
Seems right... I'm unfortunately handicapped when it comes to bow discussion, because I haven't gotten around to unlocking the Aurum, Phosphora, OR Palutena bow yet.

From what I've played, though, the Sagittarius bow is easily the best long-range bow I've seen. I have a mediocre one that still gives +100 damage charge shots from ~60 meters. The shots are VERY fast, and can hit multiple people. The continuous fire options are pretty awesome, as well... For this, I think it should secure a top 3 spot, even though it doesn't seem to get too much love.

Darkness I threw on there because it seems to be the "utility" bow, good at everything... and does decent in terms of damage output at range and closer.

As for claws, what makes the Pandora better than others?
I also got spoiled to the raptor claws overall power, so stealth claws just feel....weak to me.

iLink

Smash Champion
Darkness bow is my go-to bow. Hits hard and the melee on it is actually good. Only thing is it doesn't have much homing at all but with a little good aim, it pays off. (It probably helps that mine also has +3 homing lol)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Pandora has good range and strong ranged attacks, the melee is a bit weaker though, but I forgive it because the Back Dash Charged Shot that makes a giant Pandora where you were is way cool.

Oh, and Dynamo Cannon I think is pretty decent too because its charged shots are basically like weaker smart bombs.

Edit: Those weapons were strong but had some really bad negative modifiers, I wouldn't use them.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
He did have a point though about those drops: you just run Super and Aries Armor. It's too bad that you have to waste your powers like that, but being able to use those weapons is so worth it. Plus those drops help keep the value down for LvD.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pandora has good range and strong ranged attacks, the melee is a bit weaker though, but I forgive it because the Back Dash Charged Shot that makes a giant Pandora where you were is way cool.

Oh, and Dynamo Cannon I think is pretty decent too because its charged shots are basically like weaker smart bombs.

Edit: Those weapons were strong but had some really bad negative modifiers, I wouldn't use them.
Pandora Claws might also have really good homing. Using transparency against them doesn't work on them for me because the shots still fly right at me.

Also those negative mods don't mean much if your OHKOing everyone.

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeah the guy thinks he's some hotshot lol.

Anyway I wouldn't use those, you'd die to a sneeze after you use up your powers.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Aw man, this game is awesome. Add my friend code: 0345-0198-6762.

I've been running a 4.5 star Melee Magnus Club with Petrification +3 lately. Works wonders in LvD and FFA. I wish it was easier to get the weapons you want, though :p

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that dude was getting hype because he got 25 kills in one match (I know he said per match, but who really does that). Off topic here but why do people fine AR cards so important

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Anybody get the impression he's hacking? When you look at that part where he does that melee with his club, it doesn't look like any combo I've ever seen. Just sayin.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've seen on the fusion page weapons with 6 and 6 stars that have no negative mods, so yeah I'd rather go with those. I never made them because they were either not what I liked in terms of what they were and/or sentimental feelings towards the ones I have that are weaker. T_T For some reason it is so hard to sacrifice weapons you use all the time even if it means getting one that is stronger.. xD

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I already suggest Team Holder of the Smashboards Team GO! (The go! is part of the name). Subject to change, but not much.

Funny, I have to go to my grandparents' house as well. =__= If anything is anyone's fault, it is Munchy's.
You KNOW you love me. ;)

Also;
Orbitars: Jetstream
Claws: Tiger, Bear
Bows: Meteor, Sagitarius
Cannon: Twinbellows
Blade: Burst
Palms: Havent used any
Arms: Havent used any
Staffs: Havent used any
Clubs: Earthmaul, Magnus

I havent used many weapons AT ALL. But I fused a few decent weapons while I was gone today. Im gonna make a few sets so Ill have some variety in Multiplayer. :D -is bored of orbitars-

And Holder.... I love you too ;)

iLink

Smash Champion
My preferred cannon is the fireworks cannon. I don't know why but I almost always hit something when I launch a charge shot.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm failing to understand the reasoning behind most 6/6 weapons...

In response to the video:

1. The negative modifiers are dumb. Even if you do have the armors, why would you waste the powers on that? And those powers are limited use, so he either has to use them up back to back (which means you could wait it out) or wait for somebody to come near (which would mean bows could get in a shot or two without him realizing. My Sagittarius could OHKO him with the health/defense modifier)

2. Most weapons are geared towards EITHER range or melee... very few weapons actually need to be proficient in both (not saying it's not marginally helpful... just saying an orbitar with a 6 in melee or the magnus club with a 6 in range doesn't really make sense to me) Now, if he had a good palm or darkness bow with 6/6, he might be on to something. I have a sag. bow with 5 range / 3 melee... other than a 6 in range, it's about the perfect balance for the particular weapon, without making the value TOO high...

3. The weapons he fused are strange choices... it almost makes me wonder if he knows how to control what weapon he gets out of the fusing. No Claws? Optical blade?

4. That 25 kills per match is pretty suspect. I could see it happening on a fluke, but definitely not with ALL of those weapons, and probably not more than a handful of times.

This guy's attitude bothers me.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Erm... I just the idol for Cellular Shildeen.
It compares it to a cell wall...
Does that make Hades a plant? o-0

Edit: YES! I just beat chapter 6 on intensity 9! Thats four chapters now!
Just 21 left..... v_v

iLink

Smash Champion
I can get 25 kills a match

if someone is afk

But yeah fusing for a certain weapon isn't too hard, just takes a little planning. Also, weapons with similar star ratings in melee/ranged seem to exponentially increase them in the fused weapon. I fused an aurum bow just a bit ago with 6 stars in ranged by fusing 2 weapons that only had 1 star in ranged.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I can get 25 kills a match

if someone is afk

But yeah fusing for a certain weapon isn't too hard, just takes a little planning. Also, weapons with similar star ratings in melee/ranged seem to exponentially increase them in the fused weapon. I fused an aurum bow just a bit ago with 6 stars in ranged by fusing 2 weapons that only had 1 star in ranged.
Getting stars is easy, and getting modifiers are easy; but it takes a lot of work to get stars AND the modifiers you want. o-o

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, my Centurion Orbiters with 2 and a half stars with a +8 Defense Modifier either leave out the mod and make a powerful weapon, or put it in and make a god awful one. It is super frustrating.

Life

Smash Hero
So I was playing the second chapter on max intensity and I made it to the last hit before a minion snuck up and killed me.

Le sigh.

Then I crashed through Gaol on 8.0.

What do?

Top Bottom