• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I just found out that my sister's friend plays competitive smash and I instantly got into a more-than-an-hour-long conversation.

The dude said he played m2k (on Skype), who incredibly, decided to play Kirby for once.
He said that m2k had a strategy when he used him and I was surprised. No, excitingly shocked, actually.
He doesn't want to tell me though, so bah, I'm am so lemony right now.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I want to strongly BELIEVE. I have to ask M2k.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
M2k, probably the most strategic player ever, used a strategy? No frickn way.
There's nothing to be shocked about since he didn't actually tell you anything so I don't get it.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And that's why I'm going to ask him. I don't even know if he's lying or not.
But if it is true, it could probably help us a lot. Just a thought.

Which is why I'm gonna ask him.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Chances are it wasn't even Mew2King that he was playing against. XD
And even if it were him who he played, I'm pretty sure any techniques he used are either known or just not groundbreaking.

It's cool that you found a competitive smasher to talk to though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
An odd website appears. And possibly, it's the smash4 website.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/
That's an interesting website. It feels very much like a puzzle to me. I'm hoping the '2 days' is a countdown for something, because it would be awesome to get a website launched in a couple days for SSB4.

The only other thing that strikes me as significant is the picture, or should I say the 'pictures within a picture'. It looks like there are 40 panels and 20 of them are filled in with various images. I think there are 9 total images, once all the panels get filled in. Other than that, I think the 'All-Star Battle' could be referring to Dairantou Smash Bros.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I see ZSS in the lower right corner (as well as the painfully obvious Kirby in the middle lol). So far the game's looking to be good. They said to not take the pic as confirmed characters, but I can't help it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Kewk was talking about this pic in a link I posted.

This was drawn by an artist from Sakurai's studio during a work meeting. Sakurai thought it was cool and tweeted it.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, that pic. I mean it really is just the artist's Brawl doodles, but seeing as how he has Kirby dead in the center, and how he hasn't forgotten about ZSS (or Samus overall, really), I can see their chances of returning are pretty high.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
So I just found out that my sister's friend plays competitive smash and I instantly got into a more-than-an-hour-long conversation.

The dude said he played m2k (on Skype), who incredibly, decided to play Kirby for once.
He said that m2k had a strategy when he used him and I was surprised. No, excitingly shocked, actually.
He doesn't want to tell me though, so bah, I'm am so lemony right now.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I want to strongly BELIEVE. I have to ask M2k.
Haven't read this thread in awhile, but saw this post and I find it interesting.

I find it unlikely M2K would play Kirby in a random friendly but it MIGHT be true because I know there was a tournament where Mew2King used Kirby in Mid Tiers. He lost to Chu and Seagull (although according to what I heard, M2K took Seagull to last stock last hit both games with his 4 hour Kirby).

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I never got to see it, I unfortunately wasn't at that tourney, I only heard about it. ;_;

I would've LOVED to see it though, since M2K is my favorite player, Kirby is my favorite character and Chu is my favorite Kirby main. Really disappoints me I didn't get to go to the tourney that happened at. ;_;

I have a feeling M2K got ***** though. Cause I know there was a bit of a discussion of M2K vs Seagull (Mid Tiers) in that results thread, but not much was talked about Chu. Chu's really good at the Kirby ditto. I tried Kirby dittoing him once in a tourney in 2010 and... I've never been ***** so hard before. If I remember correctly, he just completely ***** me, I know he lost a stock early, but it was either cause he Swallowcided me or I foostooled him (if I did, I got lucky XD). I dunno, something in my head makes me remember a footstool when I think about that game. But Chu like 2-stocked me with 20%-something percent. I only got 20% of damage in hits... I'm never Kirby dittoing Chu in tourney again, LOL.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I have only lost 1 kirby ditto in my life, and it was very early in my career, and also online.
I get excited when I have to play another Kirby in brackets, always a chance to elongate my streak.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thought I was gonna get a ditto in a bracket match with kgd, but he goes falco every time I play him.

And Happy 4th of July, folks.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I used to be good at Kirby dittos. I used to love playing them on AiB and in tourney sets (unless it was Chu's) I'd usually win too. I dunno why I got bad at them. Probably cause of how much I play MK now. x_x

Predicting/reading in the Kirby ditto used to feel so natural, now I dunno how to space in that MU. Like I can still read, but I don't really know what's safe or not in the ditto, so I just prefer to go MK. I do want to re-learn the Kirby ditto one of these days though. XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Launch Kirby in the air pressure him with spaced u-airs. Kirby's Dair is too slow and a bad trade if it clashes with u-air. :)

You don't know how many players have done such things thinking it'll work, and as soon as they jump and are about to start their uair, I surprise them with a downB successfully. Pretty awesome how much people get fooled by it if you know what their maximum safe range with their juggling attacks is.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Especially at high lvl play. People are always like...oh yea, kirby has an inhale.
I've noticed that lesser experienced players are more willing to use characters' more...eccentric moves.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The lasers would obviously travel at a speed which would allow them to move away from Kirby. Think of riding a jet ski up a river.

Top Bottom