• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
^ Same. Besides, Disney isn't the same fascism at home supporting production company it was 70 years ago. It's not liek Walt's ghost is still running the place, lolz.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well that doesn't mean the every movie is bad just because it's owned by Disney.

But still, there should've been a spiderman 4...
But eh, the amazing spiderman kind of pays that off as an apology.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Is he only that annoying in Final Mix? I remember playing KH2 and that boss fight, but wow, that's pretty obnoxious when you look back on it.

I also went back and started playing KH1 for old time's sake. Mainly just so I can say I beat Sephiroth and that Grim Reaper boss from Never Land on expert. I'm in Halloween Town now.

But now that I've been through so many english classes, the writing in the character dialogue in that game drives me nuts. I mean really, you get flung out of your world by a swirling vortex, end up in some dreary town of abandoned misanthropes, go flying around the universe looking for the only two people in this game you actually care about, and when he shows up multiple times on a silver platter,

"Oh, sup bro".

That and the Monstro scene just bug me. I still love the game, but the writing just irks me in ways only self-righteous, over-entitled 14 year olds can.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What's with all the hate on Disney? Did they duct tape gays to a non-recycled signboard with a holocaust denial written on it?
If that was all the company had done it would be easier to forgive them.

Basically you're going to be the guy who only sees their 'public' image - the image of happy mice, beautiful princesses, and flying elephants...

... or you're going to be the guy who does a little research into the cold, black heart of the corporation to find a stewing pot of treachery and deceit.

Then again, like you said, Walt is dead - therefore everything is rainbows and pixie dust.

Right?

[COLLAPSE="Right?"]
0_0
RIGHT?!

[/COLLAPSE]

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
^ Same. Besides, Disney isn't the same fascism at home supporting production company it was 70 years ago. It's not liek Walt's ghost is still running the place, lolz.
Netherlands ain't gonna do JACK in the Euros! Lol jk if theres one team us italians are scared of its Holland. I so excite!

:phone:

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
No seriously, how much evil could one studio, however large be capable of? At worst, all I've heard of was that a few themes and lines from certain movies could be interpreted as anti-semetic (even though Disney also made those comically caricatured anti-nazi videos. I like the Donald Duck one).

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Also, nearly every Disney movie has those infamous hidden sexual images that we're all so fond of. (Priests erection in Little Mermaid, sex in the dust in Lion King, etc)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Netherlands ain't gonna do JACK in the Euros! Lol jk if theres one team us italians are scared of its Holland. I so excite!
I took a semester abroad in Italy my sophmore year of HS so after watching a bunch of Serie A over there Gli Azzurri gained a special place in my cuore, lolz.

Italy's got Buffon in the goal, strong defending and quick offensive returns so they can make the Netherlands' fan uneasy if they were to play against each other. =P

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Lol good to hear you're on good terms with Italy.
While that is true, we are missing a few of our primary defenders (Criscito and Barzagli for the first game) so although our defense is still tough as iron, Van Persie and Sneijder still pose quite a threat.
Italy v. Netherlands is going to be a hell of a match.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No tourney for me today. :(
But there's one next week, and it's nearby! I'm always glad of that, since traveling for 2+ hours to get to tournaments over the last 5 years starts to take a toll. XD

Good luck to all the Kirby players at tournies today!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Gonna be at a tourney in a few.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamedragonx

If you guys see me on stream, can you critique me as much as possible?
If yes, thank you.
Don't space with U-Air. *Facebrain*

I'd also recommend you stop posting irrelevant links to every other general/social thread out there. You're already perceived as a major spammer as it is and posting a links in random boards (IE: Olimar, Pikachu, Marth among others) to help you with your Kirby isn't going to help change that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It rained like CRAZY today for me. Nothing but snacking, playing Minecraft and Wakfu, watching TV, and being in my pajamas all day.

Are you have some new Combos Kewkky?
No one has shown any interest at all, MoGi.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
It rained like CRAZY today for me. Nothing but snacking, playing Minecraft and Wakfu, watching TV, and being in my pajamas all day.

No one has shown any interest at all, MoGi.
My teachers were on strike all this week and through next week, and I've had clear, sunny skies almost every day. My final phrophet Brohammad (Bill from every story) is away with family, so I have little to occupy myself in my early summer break.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, everyone in that thread is a rabid fanboy of something stupid.

I just +1 in there every now and then since there's always someone whose posts reek of trollbait.
2nd time today i've found something that made me sad. :(

I mean, true that a lot of the older posters have left, but it was those guys that kinda brought me up in terms of the boards. They accepted my noobish posts and got me more confident in posting on the boards, especially after my very first few posts on the boards. I got so scalded from them I didn't come back for months.

I guess i'm just too sensitive. :-/

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If it makes you feel better I actually like Non-Specific Action Figure and hope he's in a game in the near future.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So it turns out that GDX couldn't stream today's tournament. Sorry, y'all.

So yeah, I lost twice. It wasretty darn cool to meet Hbox though.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah, I read your +1 on the Pikachu board.

Also, I'd also recommend you stop posting irrelevant links to every other general/social thread out there. You're already perceived as a major spammer as it is and posting links in random boards (IE: Olimar, Pikachu, Marth among others) to help you with your Kirby isn't going to help change that. Re-posting just in case you didn't see this.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Generally personal tourney results are best suited for your character social, which this one is. Why you would post them in Pika discussion or something is beyond me. :/

John2k4

The End of an Era
And sharing is good. I think people are just getting on your case because you were sharing your tournament results (Kirby) to other character boards (Pika, ??) where they really didn't have anything to do with the area.

/JustMyTwoCents

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh me, don't take that as a reflection on you auto, i'm just feeling sensitive today I guess. :p Trust me, it's not you! ^^

Anyway, gtg guys, see you later! *waves*

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Honestly, other character boards (especially pika/marth/olimar) really don't give any form of **** about how you do, especially if youre not using that character. Also, they can't exactly give you gameplay advice if they don't know things about Kirby in the first place. It's like asking a McDonalds cashier if youre doing a good plumbing job in a house. You're wasting their time, and yours.
On top of that, if you're getting immediately eliminated every tournament, you need some hands-on practice/guidance from an irl person, not a write-up by a random guy in SWF. You are below that kinda help. Not tryna be disrespectful, just tryna give u some info from the reality spectrum.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I did poorly today.

My Kirby was playing really bad today (wasn't comfortable using him in bracket after I used him in an MM and did very poorly, so I just went all MK this tourney. I got 7th losing to Chu and Iota. =/

Labernash

Smash Lord
No worries Vinyl, you'll get it! First, you'll get a really good bye that puts you ahead of some, then, you'll beat someone! Haha, but really, just keep at it, and you'll progress! Kirby takes a lot of practice to place with, IMO. Depending on your city, of course.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't know what to say anymore about that Sharing deal. I think you're right, wumbo, but then I still think that there would've been more adivce told. Idk.

And Ty, Nash. And yeah, I did get a bye.
But what's funny is that it lead me to kyon, when Wizzrobe beated him.

Man, I have bad luck.

Edit---

Also, I think I might be a top 5 Ganon real soon lol, I just beated viper's fox and then I almost beated his Ganon.
But then he directly says to me, that I automatically won because I successfully landed a warlock punch and utilt.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't know what to say anymore about that Sharing deal. I think you're right, wumbo, but then I still think that there would've been more adivce told. Idk.

And Ty, Nash. And yeah, I did get a bye.
But what's funny is that it lead me to kyon, when Wizzrobe beated him.

Man, I have bad luck.
Talk to your parents and TheSaintKai to see if you can come to a smashfest or something! We haven't brawled since early May, but it only takes a few games for everyone to warm up enough to start helping you out!

Edit---

Also, I think I might be a top 5 Ganon real soon lol, I just beated viper's fox and then I almost beated his Ganon.
But then he directly says to me, that I automatically won because I successfully landed a warlock punch and utilt.
You should've told him "no johns, you fell for them. Either I have the skill to land both an utilt and warlock punch on you in one game, or you suck enough that you get hit by both my utilt and warlock punch in one game"... But in a nicer way. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Honestly, other character boards (especially pika/marth/olimar) really don't give any form of **** about how you do, especially if youre not using that character. Also, they can't exactly give you gameplay advice if they don't know things about Kirby in the first place. It's like asking a McDonalds cashier if youre doing a good plumbing job in a house. You're wasting their time, and yours.
On top of that, if you're getting immediately eliminated every tournament, you need some hands-on practice/guidance from an irl person, not a write-up by a random guy in SWF. You are below that kinda help. Not tryna be disrespectful, just tryna give u some info from the reality spectrum.

Well, to be fair, I did post my vids (which are Lucas + Ness) over here for you guys to look at. Granted I didn't ask you to watch them, I only said you could feel free to see them if you wanted. :-)

But I think sharing is fine, just so long as you don't pressure those you're sharing to, to watch your video. While they may not be able to give you any advice, who knows... I got advice on ALL sectors the first time I posted my videos. Then again.... I was mostly told the same thing. :-P

But yeah mostly I share my vids with you guys because I like hanging around in this thread. I don't main kirby, in fact I barely use him but after being here for a while it's nice to kinda be a regular haha. I only really frequent Ness, Lucas and Kirby boards but i'm v e r y s l o w l y e x p a n d i n g. ;-)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
We love u too babe.

Really, as long as you're not obnoxious, mean, and/or spam alot, it's impossible for me to hate you. I love everyone.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
How you're going to pressure me into watching your videos is beyond me. Do you have a knife and a grip on my t-shirt which both go through computer monitors?

It's just a little weird for "hey here are my Character X videos" to pop up far away from Character X's forum. You get seen as a spammer, and it doesn't help if you aren't a staple of that board (I don't know if you are but it seems from prior discussion as though you aren't).

Edit: post-resolution post is post-resolution.

Top Bottom