• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
DDD isn't bad at all for Kirby. :\

Marth isn't as bad as I though. I seriously think all Marths are playing wrong though, even the one I play with (who's power-ranked in IL, too).

Olimar is bad but I'm learning the MU very well, and realizing it's not as helpless as I thought it really was! Ftilt is a godsend, and aggro is the best way to beat him up.

ICs though, yeah, unarguably Kirby's worst MU.

I think Kirby will do better than ever though! I'm ready to beat some ***. >:D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
i thought marth's f-air and n-air was good vs kirby's b-air
Yup, Marth's everything is good against Kirby's B-air (thanks to his ridiculous disjoint), but that doesn't automatically make it a bad match-up for Kirby. There are plenty of other aspects that Kirby can take advantage of in this match-up, making it close to even.

I seriously think all Marths are playing wrong though
QFT. Marth is a lot harder to deal with when the player actually knows how to fight agianst Kirby - if they don't, the match-up is pretty easy.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
G&W wasn't brought up, so I left him out. :p

Yep, he's one of Kirby's bad MUs, I think the vast majority of Kirbies agree on that.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I won't argue with anyone, but I think GW is EZ. LOL. He's ridiculous if you don't know the MU, tho.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Galaxia was so good, it's banned, and sadly, that's Meta Knight's signature weapon. )=

☯ Now if only I could get back to the tourney scenes... DX

I won't argue with anyone, but I think GW is EZ. LOL. He's ridiculous if you don't know the MU, tho.
☯ Honestly, I feel this way to, but of course I've been told 90% of G&W mainers suck. XD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't think G&W is especially bad for Kirby. There are plenty of things Kirby has going for him in the match-up.

You can SDI his B-air to get behind him and punish.
His Smash attacks are easy to avoid while playing safe.
He's light and gets KO'd by Kirby's Smash Attacks well under 100%.
A D-tilt trip can combo into F-smash or U-smash for a KO around 75% to 90%.
G&W players tend to have predictable patterns, and G&W himself has slow start-ups on his attacks.

The only thing G&W really has going for him is his disjoints and powerful hits.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Even though MK is banned in Unity 2.0, the ironic thing is I will be playing more Meta Knight.

in Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Time to make a post:
T1mmy, you suck.

Kirby beats Marth 55-45. Depending on how much the Marth knows, how accurate/often they land their tipper, and whether or not the Marth can juggle is what defines the match for Marth. For Kirby, it's how often he avoids the UpB, tippers, and whether or not you can space your BAir and FTilt properly.

On-stage: Never approach Marth aggressively. Always alternate your approach by either using BAirs and jumps, approaching head on with shield and ftilt, or roll (because it's a viable option if Marth whiffs a FSmash or dancing blade [in between 3rd and 4th hit]). Focus on getting Marth above you so you can juggle (while staying mindful not to get spiked in retaliation).

Off-stage: An off-stage Marth is not a dead Marth. You need to make sure to get Marth out of UpB range on the first hit; if not, it's not worth going off-stage. Just edge gaurd. If Marth is more than a UpB range, and you're close to the edge, jump off and attack. Bair towards/under the stage, DAir, FAir, or hop off and Kirbicide him if you're ahead.

Against Marth you need to focus on being patient and spacing. Stay just outside his range and hover there to force Marth into action. Countering a move is where you get damage when you're being aggressive, so if Marth isn't attacking or jumping, you're not putting on enough pressure and you shouldn't be attacking much. Just. Don't. Whiff.

Kirby and Marth both die about the same, both have the ability to kill early, and both have options in all scenarios. Kirby wins because Kirby has more jumps, slightly more reliable kill moves (because they don't require a tipper to kill early), and a stronger damage output.

Lastly, it IS possible for BAir to beat Marth depending on their proximity to each other and who swung first.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Olimar is bad but I'm learning the MU very well, and realizing it's not as helpless as I thought it really was!
Someone give this man a celebratory grain of rice, for he has taken another step toward enlightenment. :yeahboi:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I like how informative and blunt Jowii is. :lol:
Those tips should be placed in the [URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296325]Match-Up Advice Thread[/URL]! Very credible stuff.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
JoWii, that post is actually really helpful.
You should do some more, for matchups like maybe, Snake?
I'd like to see some more modern matchup discussion.
I was using mostly Falco for a while, but I'm reverting to Kirby. :3

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Someone give this man a celebratory grain of rice, for he has taken another step toward enlightenment. :yeahboi:
Shut up Shaun.

I like how informative and blunt Jowii is. :lol:
Those tips should be placed in the JoWii, that post is actually really helpful.
You should do some more, for matchups like maybe, Snake?
I'd like to see some more modern matchup discussion.
I was using mostly Falco for a while, but I'm reverting to Kirby. :3

All my posts are usually helpful. The MU thread for the Kirby board has a list of summaries for last year's metagame but I'm not active enough to do much recent discussion. Though I still play and understand all the characters well enough to break down on-stage,off--stage, various sstages of gameplay, etc.; so if you want some info on a MU, just message me.

I name search on SWF and I find this:

Twinkie needs to stfu and learn his place. >_>

Go back in front of your tv, sitting on your cream-stained couch, gaining dem calories.

Banning meta knight is one of the biggest mistake you fools can make...

And I mean seriously, only 15 people voted on this?
IT'S TOO SMALL OF A NUMBER! Your ban is invalid and thus, meta knight is still fair game >_>
:ohwell:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Less than 9 more days until Returns to Dreamland comes out, and less than 3 days that people other than game reviewers will have an early copy.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm still not done with Mass Attack. I guess I'll wait a bit before buying Return to Dream Land.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I told myself I wouldn't buy Return to Dreamland unless I won a tournament to pay for it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
lol, really?

I think I'll do just that. I need get a little better at this point.

I don't want luigi to get the best of me.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It worked because I took 1st in both Singles and Doubles up in Portland yesterday. -^_^-

I did the same thing last year with Kirby's Epic Yarn and ended up taking 1st at the tournament the day before Epic Yarn launched.

Edit:
See blog: Nintendo Needs to Make More Kirby Games

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ It makes sense now, more Kirby games = more Kirby power. O_o

☯ That being said, Nintendo is being strict on any gameplay on Returns to Dreamland. >.<

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, considering they've given me enough to see how the game plays and how awesome it is, I guess I don't need a lot of footage. I'm not big on spoilers and I'm pretty patient. Considering I'll be buying it at launch I figure I can wait to enjoy it very thoroughly on the 24th.

Top Bottom