• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hate on the game all you want, there's no denying that the music was awesome.
I never played it. I've seen people criticize it for being to easy. Although, to me the visuals look really nice! I've heard some of it's sound track and it's definetly has unique melodic music. It's soothingly eerie. Definetly, seems to have music that will give someone a great sense of nostalgic factor a few years from now.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You know what else is an easy game? Animal Crossing. And that game kicks ***.

Kirby's Epic Yam was kirby meets animal crossing meets transformers. That's ****ing awesome. Hataz to da left

Labernash

Smash Lord
Kirby's epic darn

Edit: in no way did Epic Yarn remind me of any joy that Animal Crossing brought me. Not Transformers either, because they didn't add to Kirby, they stopped drawing at his outline.

Stupid game.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I have every Kirby game except Air Ride, Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, Anniversary and Epic Yarn. Got rid of Epic Yarn because it was terrible and ugly.

I've loved Kirby for a long time! :(

Labernash

Smash Lord
I don't even consider Epic Yarn a Kirby game. It's like a third-party ripoff parody of a good game series. I played Canvas Curse too, wasn't that great either. Better than Poopic Poop.

Saying all Kirby games are great is like saying all black people steal watermelons. A stereo-type which is only partly true.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You know what else is an easy game? Animal Crossing. And that game kicks ***.

Kirby's Epic Fail was kirby meets animal crossing meets transformers. That's ****ing fail. Hataz to da left
I'm sorry, you guys leave yourselves so open! :laugh:

Again, j/ks, I haven't played it but apart from the easy factor it looks pretty ok. :)

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I like ChuDat moreso than the next guy but his personal view of a game doesn't have any more or less value than the next person. That's just his opinion on a game. He's just an awesome Kirby player in Brawl, not a Kirby game pro-expert. I doubt any of us are.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I said the music in Epic Yarn was awesome, yet everyone started talking about the game itself. Odd.

Btw, Epic Yarn may not be my favorite Kirby game, but I recognize it as a very unique concept with a style that is visually outstanding not just among Kirby but among the vast amount of games of its time.

We're all entitled to hate on any game we want, but the game still stands out for many reasons. Instead of being a hater, I'm just going to recognize it for it's epic qualities and leave it at that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I said the music in Epic Yarn was awesome, yet everyone started talking about the game itself. Odd.

Btw, Epic Yarn may not be my favorite Kirby game, but I recognize it as a very unique concept with a style that is visually outstanding not just among Kirby but among the vast amount of games of its time.

We're all entitled to hate on any game we want, but the game still stands out for many reasons. Instead of being a hater, I'm just going to recognize it for it's epic qualities and leave it at that.
I'm not a hater, i'm just having jests! :D

I haven't played KEY (ha nice co-incidence!) but if it's got a good OST that seems like a plus.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I like ChuDat moreso than the next guy but his personal view of a game doesn't have any more or less value than the next person. That's just his opinion on a game. He's just an awesome Kirby player in Brawl, not a Kirby game pro-expert. I doubt any of us are.

May I please give you a nobel prize?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The latest Kirby game I played was on the N64 console. Kibry 64 The Crystal Shards. I've never touched Kibry's Epic Yarn so I definitely can't say anything about it. I've never thought to YouTube it to see how it looked. It seemed that with Kirby Super Star SNES and Kirby The Crystal Shards N64 they were the only ones I can definitely were the best Kirby games I've played.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The latest Kirby game I played was on the N64 console. Kibry 64 The Crystal Shards. I've never touched Kibry's Epic Yarn so I definitely can't say anything about it. I've never thought to YouTube it to see how it looked. It seemed that with Kirby Super Star SNES and Kirby The Crystal Shards N64 they were the only ones I can definitely were the best Kirby games I've played.
[FONT=&quot]☯ Your missing Kirby's Adventure, Canvas Curse, Returns To Dreamland, and Dreamland 2 on your list. )=< [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ The hate that Epic Yarn reserves doesn't makes much sense, (not a real Kirby game, too easy difficulty, etc). Epic Yarn is a good game, but if you want a challenge, or want Kirby to inhale, it's likely you won't enjoy it a lot. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Labernash

Smash Lord
[FONT=&quot]☯ Tbut if you want Kirby to inhale, it's likely you won't enjoy it a lot. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS.

What a dumb game, like literally on my top 5 least favorite games of all time.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Plenty of Kirby games lack inhaling, mainly side games, but still. Epic Yarn was really fun, it's not like it's permanently changing the style of the Kirby series. Just one game and it was really fun. I will admit, it'd be nicer if you could die (preferably 3 hit health bar, getting hit is even hard), but still really fun gameplay! o,o

Labernash

Smash Lord
I didn't enjoy playing it at all. The concept as an idea wasn't even THAT bad, although I don't approve. The delivery was just awful.

If Epic Yarn Kirby is in Smash 4, I'm going to:

1. Throw the WiiU Gamepad into my TV.

2. Eject the disc from the WiiU console and snap it in half.

3. Snap my Brawl disc in half.

4. Snap my Melee disc in half.

5. Put the pieces of CD into the toilet, and place my Smash 64 cartridge on top of the pile.

6. Poop on the pile and flush. Twice.

7. Get on the Smashboards, post in the Kirby boards and say "IT IS ALL OVER."

8. Post some VERY innapropriate pictures in every character board, every thread so I can get banned.

9. Slap anyone who mentions Smash or Kirby or Video games because Epic Yarn Kirby is in Smash 4 and it ruined video games for me for the rest of my life.

10. Get a life.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Don't worry, I doubt Yarn Kirby is getting in Smash 4.

If Smash 4 has another character, I think it'll be Waddle Dee because he was playable in Kirby's Return to Dream Land or Galacta Knight because he's a late boss and so far all the Kirby characters in Smash have been starter characters, so they may want a hidden one.

I'd say it's probably Waddle Dee, but who knows. XD

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! I forgot about Knuckle Joe. He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and had several episodes centered around him in the anime, so it'd definitely be cool if he was in. I just hope they don't use his Assist Trophy voice in the English release of Smash 4 for him playable if he is... I HATED that voice. >_<

His Japanese voice on the other hand, is badass. Would be cool if he had the Marth factor and kept his Japanese voice, I mean his lines are "RISING BREAK!" "SPIN KICK!" and "VULCAN JAB!" anyway, they're said in English even by his Japanese voice anyway.

Knuckle Joe? I'd definitely approve of that too. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Knuckle Joe would be the most awesome Kirby addition to the roster I could think of (sorry Waddle Dee). Yeah, Waddle Dee would be cool to see as well but Knuckle Joe is just that much more awesome. Having him playable in Super Star was one of the best parts of having Helper (him and TAC, that is).

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I felt TAC was broken on Kirby Super Star. He could restore his health simply by using the finger on an enemy with an ability and then simply transform back to TAC with full health. His guard made him invisible so he would never have to worry about receiving chip damage from specific attacks. Also his finger was a killer to most bosses in the game except for King Dedede, Marx, Halberd Reactor, Nova's Heart, and all of the Computer Virus' enemies. All the other bosses even Meta Knight could be defeated in literally 5 seconds or less if they pause for a moment before they attacked.

Bio Spark, Knuckle Joe, Capsule J and Simirror were my favorites. =)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I never played with helpers in KSS or KSSU. Mainly cause I never liked the idea of having a CPU team mate to make an easy game even easier, so I'd always like to do things myself. And me having no offline friends, I've never been able to play KSS or KSSU with someone in person, so no co-op. ;_;

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
TAC too good! He wasn't just too good, he was obviously too good. He was also a really cool character, some sort of cat burglar. XD

I never played with helpers in KSS or KSSU. Mainly cause I never liked the idea of having a CPU team mate to make an easy fun game even easier more fun!
I think the above is what you meant to say. :kirby:

Labernash

Smash Lord
The bosses were always harder for me with the helper, so there's that! Helpers were a lot of fun for me. Kinda makes me want to play that game haha!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Plasma Wisp was always my favourite. KSS was one of my favourite games growing up, and my brother and i co-opped it more times than i can count. He knew how much i liked PW so I was always player 2.

When we started off in Spring Breeze, he'd go out of his way to get Mix over and over again and keep trying until we got Plasma, since that ability isn't obtainable in that game normally, so I could play as my favourite character.

(and now many years we team at brawl tourneys sometimes...i still use kirby)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I remember dying to that because when I got mix I kept getting the "Ouch" and died from it. My dumbest death in that game. The second was with the Jet ability when I did the Jet slam and the delay recovery forced me to fall into a bottomless pit. =/

Labernash

Smash Lord
I did a Kirby Back-throw suicide KO on an enemy with Suplex Kirby on the treasure game on Ultra. Melee style.

Top Bottom