• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I dunno if I'd like the throws being suicidal still, sometimes those throws at the ledge would still be useful, but I wish Kirby's Inhale was like Melee's. It's all just a grab box instead of airboxes, I think it can't be shielded either. I THINK you also get all your jumps back when it's broken out of in the air as well as jump on frame 1, cause I've seen Melee Kirby vids where they Kirbycide with Inhale at the bottom and the jump INSTANTLY when their opponent dies and don't die themselves.

...I'M NOT KAWAII ANYMORE? WHY NOT? ;_;

Labernash

Smash Lord
@Mike That's why I like PS1; still suicidal!!! I do it all the time haha!!

@Poyo no, you're the Kawaii half. The other Kawaii isn't so Kawaii anymore. :(

:phone:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
It works best on Lucario and ZSS. Doesn't need a transformation, just the u-throw at the ledge and it'll spike them, if they don't know about it, they won't tech it. ;D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
dubs plans for apex fell through, anyone looking for a teammate?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm quite happy to be here. It'd be better to be here shore duty wise since I go out to the boat more than I'm on land. Also because of some "incidents" our liberty is really restricted so for say I want to go to a Japan tournament I'd have to fill out a lot of paper work to do so where if we had no problems I could go easily. I want to stay in Japan as long as I'm able.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
As bluntly as it was put, after that read, it makes sense. Most people I meet that have an extreme liking for anime have this notion of Japan being the motherland of all that is great. When in reality, it's your regular everyday place. The thing that did surprise me was the lack of technology (and ATM's, wow!). I was under the impression that Japan would be a heavy gizmo oriented world but hey that's internet media for ya. Still I'd love to go visit!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I love America and am from America, my favorite player being Mew2King but...

America is not better than Japan right now. Otori and Nietono were in GFs for Apex 2012 and they won SRT (as well as a tourney the weekend before that which M2K and Vinnie were at). I'm sorry, but unless America wins Apex 2013, and even then, they'd still be 2-1 vs America at nationals (not counting Genesis 2 cause RAIN's MK was new back then and only he and Earth went, I THINK RAIN was the best in Japan at the time of Apex 2010, so I COULD count that as America over Japan, but it was two years ago, so I best not, it was awhile ago). Right now, unfortunately I have to say Japan is undisputedly the best Brawl region in the world and the only way America can even argue is if we win Apex 2013.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I think Auto bursted out 'cause I think he got the notion that your statement of Japan being great at Brawl implies to a high quality life in said region.

No doubt though, Japan is amazing at
Brawl! :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
A lot changes in a year. I wouldn't even say it's 2-1 Japan, it'd just be America won.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
M2K lost to a Japanese ROB. For me that seals the deal, lmao.
That same R.O.B. beat Mr. R but he never gets any **** for it. People just like to hate on M2K. -_-

Also Labernash, I'm pretty sure that's just you being biased to try to feel better about our country. I LOVE America but I give props where props are due. And even IF you want to say Apex 2012 was a year ago after Apex 2013, count SRT at least.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Who IS Australia's best player anyway? I only know of Shaya (a Marth main who was in America this Summer). I believe in 2010 M2K and Hall (who has been only 8th on SoCal's PR at his highest) were in WFs and GFs of an Australian tourney so I'm assuming Australia's community is small/not that high level. M2K is understandable, but Hall didn't make it to bracket at SRT, so him being in GFs of a country's tourney makes me question its skill level, as well as Shaya not placing so well in the US when he was here, I think his only notable win was Pelca.

Then again, maybe I just haven't seen Australia's best and their best can't afford to come to America? I dunno. XD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That same R.O.B. beat Mr. R but he never gets any **** for it. People just like to hate on M2K. -_-
M2K is regarded as the best player in the US and he mains the best character in the game. There may be people in NA that can perform at his level but they don't have the dominance Jason has and has had over the years.

What other loss would you highlight if you had to make a point for Japan's superior performances?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
M2K is regarded as the best player in the US and he mains the best character in the game. There may be people in NA that can perform at his level but they don't have the dominance Jason has and has had over the years.

What other loss would you highlight if you had to make a point for Japan's superior performances?
Otori 3-0ing Ally.

Otori also 2-0'd ESAM, I know he beat DEHF but since it wasn't recorded, I dunno if it was 2-0 or 2-1.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Otori DID used to main Kirby.

Just imagine... He already won one Apex with MK. Just imagine if he goes back to Kirby and wins this Apex with Kirby... I'd be so happy if that was possible. XD

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
To be honestly I'd like to see a character that isn't Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Snake, Diddy Kong, and Falco win this time around. Wishful thinking I know...
I guess you're rooting for Mikeneko then. XD

I'm personally (as always) rooting for Mew2King, Apex is in New Jersey after all, I'd love to see him win the international series that's in his state! :D

Top Bottom