• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
So I just did some more gonzos, practicing with snake.

Grab > fthrow > fastfall > grab > fthrow > uair > grab > fthrow > uair > uair > uair > continuous uair offstage > hammer.

I should do this in friendlies soon.
Whatever you're smoking, i want some. That surely won't fly against any human that has a lick of DI lol.
I mean everything is relative, you follow up based on how they move away, hence the reason why there are no true combos in brawl (none greater than 2 hits anyways).

:phone:

falln

Smash Ace
Whatever you're smoking, i want some. That surely won't fly against any human that has a lick of DI lol.
I mean everything is relative, you follow up based on how they move away, hence the reason why there are no true combos in brawl (none greater than 2 hits anyways).

don't close doors! people get away with the most obscure **** in this game

while vinyls combo certainly isnt something that i think is a good idea to default to, pending on the situation (granted probably a very specific one), a similar combo might end up being applicable and devastating if it works

John2k4

The End of an Era
Actually that's only font 2 "if". Not the smallest, but definitely not the largest.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
while vinyls combo certainly isnt something that i think is a good idea to default to, pending on the situation (granted probably a very specific one), a similar combo might end up being applicable and devastating if it works
You gotta keep finding things that might work. I recently started doing things like that ever since dark peach found a new technique recently for peach.

Like doing reads.

Grab > fthrow > uair > uair (when they try to jump out).

Nothing new though.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Chu's been doing that combo for awhile. I'm not sure how he does it though, he does the second uair really fast. I think he fastfalls the first one then buffers the jump on the second one? I dunno. I know it's not guaranteed, but I've seen him do it and it looks really fast/cool.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Chu's been doing that combo for awhile. I'm not sure how he does it though, he does the second uair really fast. I think he fastfalls the first one then buffers the jump on the second one? I dunno. I know it's not guaranteed, but I've seen him do it and it looks really fast/cool.
Well, in Wario's case, the landing lag is less than the cooldown of the U-air. That's how Wario can do D-air > U-air > U-air on, say, Snake.

So yes, I reckon it's the same thing. FF U-air > U-air might be quicker than just two consecutive airborn U-airs.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Jesus, fighting MK on wifi is ***.

Finally beated one though. The player even knew how to perfectly DI out of everything I did.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's more of a twitter status tho. But yeah, I understand what you mean. It's just that I can't stop doing that.
But hey, at least you don't see it from me frequently. :laugh:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Expanding on Vinyl's advice, you could also take all 3 of IC's stocks before he takes all 3 of yours.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I know how to play the match-up fairly fine.:ohwell: I won one set against one IC 2-0 (on BF an FD) then had to directly face another one in winners. It happend be Vinnie... I really tried. Then in losers I met up with Cheese and I totally dropped the ball and well, one mistake and you know how it goes. My set went 2-1 against him. I swear I would've beaten Cheese and I'm hating myself for it right now. =(

I probably got 7/29. Still ok I guess. Cheese is going to get it next time! :mad:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yeah, I got a pocket IC's. :) I don't really use them unless I get counter picked to FD or SV. I'm comfortable with Kirby vs ICs on stages like BF and PS1; platforms basically.

I had Cheese all aggravated, heh, dude really is such a troll. Pff, heh!

Vinyl: It's not that hard to chaingrab, especially if they're light weights. Even then, at the ditto, the chaingrab is non-existent unless it's SoPo. :)

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Yea u dont need to chaingrab in the ditto. However ICs can do a d-throw walking chaingrab on themselves. But its not required.
And uh...for Kirby v ICs i would have to say to not dodge much. That's what gives them free grabs. Otherwise, either read falln's stuff or change characters lol.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I know how to play the match-up fairly fine.:ohwell: I won one set against one IC 2-0 (on BF an FD) then had to directly face another one in winners. It happend be Vinnie... I really tried. Then in losers I met up with Cheese and I totally dropped the ball and well, one mistake and you know how it goes. My set went 2-1 against him. I swear I would've beaten Cheese and I'm hating myself for it right now. =(

I probably got 7/29. Still ok I guess. Cheese is going to get it next time! :mad:
Nope. Went Snake G2 because I was bored of chasing you. Kirby's just boring to play against, unwinnable for Kirby tho. zz

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
^ Someone's been name searching themselves, LOL.

Also MikeKirby, as for ICs... I haven't played the MU in forever, so unfortunately I can't give tips. (I have an MK who I main just as much if not more than Kirby, so for ICs, I go MK. ^^; ) But if the MU is too hard as Kirby, you COULD ICs ditto it... But the problem is, the specific ICs who gave you trouble have other characters and if they see you pick ICs, they may not go ICs themselves game 1. I dunno. If you pick your character on the select screen last, they may just do the ditto game 1. Try really hard to win that and see how the rest of the set goes.

Watch this if you wanna learn the ICs ditto without knowing ICs tech skill and stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9Pod7fm8I

I used to be fine with Kirby vs ICs tbh, but I just haven't played the MU in so long, I really don't know what to do in it, but I'll play DarkFlame in Kirby vs ICs friendlies next tourney I see him at so I can give advice to you and my fellow Kirbys! :D

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
@ChuckeeCheese: Yeah, it's totally Kirby's fault that makes the match-up lame. :teeth:

Kawaii, I've found that there's like so much strategy involved with an IC match-up than what goes on on the playing field! It's quite interesting. As long as the starter stage isn't flat, Kirby Vs IC is doable. If you win game 1 and go for the ditto game 2, your ICs can get character counter-pick and you'll have to deal with it because winner chooses character first then loser. But that's ok, because game 3 your opponent chooses his/her character first and if he chooses IC then you can do the ditto.

If you lose game 1 vs IC's with Kirby, then you can definetly go for the ditto because your opponent (the winner) is character locked. But some people *cough* will switch character once they see you want to ditto them. Which is fine, since you (the loser) have the final say against who you want to play as vs your opponent.. Game 3 is where it's very tricky now since you will be character locked. It's best to pick a stage where Kirby vs IC's is manageable to prepare for your opponent's obvious character choice.
:dizzy:

I shall check out fa//n's write up and gather some more info from my Kirby brethren. :bee:

Also, congrats on you and Chu getting power ranked Kawaii!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
unwinnable for Kirby tho. zz
This from the guy who told t0mmy that MK is an unwinnable match-up for ROB (and then t0mmy 3-stocked his MK to prove a point). XD

Kirby vs IC is far from unwinnable, though it does become more of a hit-and-run game due to the nature of the risk vs reward. If Cheese thought it was 'boring' then MikeKirby was playing the match-up correctly.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I just saw Chronicle, and maaaaan, that was some awesome movie! God I love movies like that so much, not too much crap sci-fi like Avengers and stuff, but not all realistic either. I was waiting for another movie like that to come out since District 9, and boy, am I satisfied.

If you guys haven't seen it, you HAVE to see it. It is awesome to watch with a group of friends. I couldn't do that because, well, all my friends are in PR, I'm in the Navy, and it was in theaters around february~march. Thank you, torrents!

*keeps it very ambiguous so as not to spoil anything for people who may be interested*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I watched it months ago, and yes, it is a great movie.

But now there's more great films out this month. I'm totally watching men in black 3 when I get the chance to.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
t1mmy...

Just saw your sig...

GODLIKE! :D

Just wondering, is the Kirby logo font online somewhere or did you have to make it? I'd love to use the Kirby font for my name on a shirt! o,o

John2k4

The End of an Era
Oh man I forgot to record Toonami this wekeend.

Next Saturday I guess. =P

Top Bottom